US Postal Service

Updated Mar 21, 2014

Getting the Interview

14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Washington, DC

I applied online and interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview Details – The hiring process takes about three week. You take a computer test, a background test, and a drug test.

Interview Question – The interview process was a group interview. Where they lecture you for about two hours on how hard the job is. Then you get individual interviews. They don't ask anything hard. I asked more Questions then the interviewer.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none you get what they give you

City Letter Carrier

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at US Postal Service in March 2013.

Interview Details – I did the applaction on line got a email the next day to take the assesment the next day I got a email to take the exam, got my score only mins later and about 3 days letter got the invite to interview. The person I spoke to was real nice my interview is tommrow.

Interview Question – Have not had interview yet, but was sent a packet with 16 pages to fill out just a day before the interview.   Answer Question

Dayton, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at US Postal Service in October 2011.

Interview Details – An absolute joke. They will take any warm body with no DUI or Felony Record

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Birmingham, AL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at US Postal Service in February 2009.

Interview Details – I was emailed for an interview three days in advance. I showed up on the day of the interview, five minutes before the interview was scheduled to start. I waited for about 30 minutes. I finally got called in, we talked for about 10-15 minutes, and that was that. It was an easy interview. Basically just questions of morals, things of that nature. He told me I would get a call within a week once my drug test came back. I waited a week. Two weeks. Finally called, no response. No response. I finally gave up, and two and a half months after the initial interview, I was called to come start orientation in two weeks.

Interview Question – Would you be willing to drop everything and come to work if you were called in on your day off, even if you were in the middle of something?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. It was, "Here is the salary." I mentioned that it was less than what was posted on the website when I applied. He disregarded that, restated my starting salary. That was it. I accepted.

Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at US Postal Service in February 2012.

Interview Details – I scored 100% on the entrance exam so I was offered a position immediately after I passed the physical examination and drug screening. Many veterans passed the exam with their additional bonus points. I suggest to buy study materials or practice exams or you will not pass the exam.

Interview Question – Can you work under high stress conditions?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation as the wage is set.

Valparaiso, IN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at US Postal Service in July 2009.

Interview Details – Basic interview. No trick questions. They mostly want to know how you take orders, work independently, and can deal with the elements. You must pass a drug screen, have a clean driving record and pass a driving test on the LLV. The whole process can take months. Nothing moves too fast in the USPS. Don't get discouraged if you don't hear back from them in a timely manner.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

City Letter Carrier Interview

I applied through other source and interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview Details – It took a while between the time that I took the test to the time that I was interviewed. It was about a year and four months. The higher you score on the test the quicker you would get called in for an interview.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Denver, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 6 months - interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview Details – Postal Exam, if you got a certain grade you were on top of the list. Pass the drug test and you are good to go.

Interview Question – Do you get along with people?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it

City Letter Carrier

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview Details – The hring and interview is very simply. They do previous employment and background check . and jst a simple drug and medical check

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in the USPS   Answer Question

City Letter Carrier

I applied in-person and interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview Details – you need to take the civil service exam. even if you not currently looking for employment it never hurts to take the test and have scores on file. It take a while for you to ever be called but if you have scores on file then when an interview is given then you may have a chance, not test taken your name will not be called.

Interview Question – questions are not difficult or unexpected, very basic questions and answers   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there is not negotaition

Interviews for Top Jobs at US Postal Service

Worked for US Postal Service? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US Postal Service CITY LETTER CARRIER interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by US Postal Service employees and interview candidates.