US Postal Service

Updated Nov 10, 2014

2.0

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

CITY LETTER CARRIER Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at US Postal Service in March 2013.

I did the applaction on line got a email the next day to take the assesment the next day I got a email to take the exam, got my score only mins later and about 3 days letter got the invite to interview. The person I spoke to was real nice my interview is tommrow.

Interview Questions
  • Have not had interview yet, but was sent a packet with 16 pages to fill out just a day before the interview.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for US Postal Service

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service.

The hiring process takes about three week. You take a computer test, a background test, and a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • The interview process was a group interview. Where they lecture you for about two hours on how hard the job is. Then you get individual interviews. They don't ask anything hard. I asked more Questions then the interviewer.   View Answer
    none you get what they give you

CITY LETTER CARRIER Interview

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service.

The postal service has no interview processes. The way a person is hired is through a series of tests. The original tests were conducted in person with about 500 other people and would that take about 5 hours to compete. Now the testing is conducted online. The tests and application are accessible online throughout the postal service website www.usps.com. There are now interviews included in the hiring process, which are conducted by the HR department.

Interview Questions
    • I am not sure what questions are associated with testing process, but if it is remotely close to to the written test it will ask things associated with numbers, and comparing house numbers and addresses.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation phase, everyone is hired at the same level of pay which is consistent with the position hired for.

CITY LETTER CARRIER Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at US Postal Service in March 2013.

The hiring process was very simplistic for my position only because it is a very demanding, dangerous, life changing experience with no benefits. The system is built on carriers and the management treats you less than a person.

CITY LETTER CARRIER Interview

interviewed at US Postal Service in June 2014.

interviews are done in a group setting. There are about 4-6 other people in the room being interviewed at the same time as yourself. Interviewer was very polite and was very thorough in her explanation of the job responsibilities. once started, the process is quick.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at US Postal Service in October 2011.

An absolute joke. They will take any warm body with no DUI or Felony Record

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service in February 2012.

I scored 100% on the entrance exam so I was offered a position immediately after I passed the physical examination and drug screening. Many veterans passed the exam with their additional bonus points. I suggest to buy study materials or practice exams or you will not pass the exam.

Interview Questions
    • Can you work under high stress conditions?   View Answer
    No negotiation as the wage is set.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at US Postal Service in February 2009.

I was emailed for an interview three days in advance. I showed up on the day of the interview, five minutes before the interview was scheduled to start. I waited for about 30 minutes. I finally got called in, we talked for about 10-15 minutes, and that was that. It was an easy interview. Basically just questions of morals, things of that nature. He told me I would get a call within a week once my drug test came back. I waited a week. Two weeks. Finally called, no response. No response. I finally gave up, and two and a half months after the initial interview, I was called to come start orientation in two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be willing to drop everything and come to work if you were called in on your day off, even if you were in the middle of something?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. It was, "Here is the salary." I mentioned that it was less than what was posted on the website when I applied. He disregarded that, restated my starting salary. That was it. I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valparaiso, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valparaiso, IN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service in July 2009.

Basic interview. No trick questions. They mostly want to know how you take orders, work independently, and can deal with the elements. You must pass a drug screen, have a clean driving record and pass a driving test on the LLV. The whole process can take months. Nothing moves too fast in the USPS. Don't get discouraged if you don't hear back from them in a timely manner.

CITY LETTER CARRIER Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service.

The hring and interview is very simply. They do previous employment and background check . and jst a simple drug and medical check