US Postal Service

Getting the Interview

14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

City Letter Carrier Interview

I applied through other source and interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview Details – It took a while between the time that I took the test to the time that I was interviewed. It was about a year and four months. The higher you score on the test the quicker you would get called in for an interview.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied online and interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview Details – The hiring process takes about three week. You take a computer test, a background test, and a drug test.

Interview Question – The interview process was a group interview. Where they lecture you for about two hours on how hard the job is. Then you get individual interviews. They don't ask anything hard. I asked more Questions then the interviewer.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none you get what they give you

City Letter Carrier

I applied in-person and interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview Details – you need to take the civil service exam. even if you not currently looking for employment it never hurts to take the test and have scores on file. It take a while for you to ever be called but if you have scores on file then when an interview is given then you may have a chance, not test taken your name will not be called.

Interview Question – questions are not difficult or unexpected, very basic questions and answers   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there is not negotaition

San Jose, CA

I applied through other source - interviewed at US Postal Service in June 2011.

Interview Details – Lengthy, Drug Testing, Fingerprints, Online Test, Computer Test at designated location,Group Interview

Interview Question – What do you know about this position?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There's no negotiation. You either want the job or not.

Sterling Heights, MI

I applied in-person and interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview Details – It takes a while but be patient and polite.

Negotiation Details – There was none

Very Easy Interview

Dayton, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at US Postal Service in October 2011.

Interview Details – An absolute joke. They will take any warm body with no DUI or Felony Record

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

City Letter Carrier

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at US Postal Service in March 2013.

Interview Details – I did the applaction on line got a email the next day to take the assesment the next day I got a email to take the exam, got my score only mins later and about 3 days letter got the invite to interview. The person I spoke to was real nice my interview is tommrow.

Interview Question – Have not had interview yet, but was sent a packet with 16 pages to fill out just a day before the interview.   Answer Question

Denver, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 6 months - interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview Details – Postal Exam, if you got a certain grade you were on top of the list. Pass the drug test and you are good to go.

Interview Question – Do you get along with people?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it

Valparaiso, IN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at US Postal Service in July 2009.

Interview Details – Basic interview. No trick questions. They mostly want to know how you take orders, work independently, and can deal with the elements. You must pass a drug screen, have a clean driving record and pass a driving test on the LLV. The whole process can take months. Nothing moves too fast in the USPS. Don't get discouraged if you don't hear back from them in a timely manner.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at US Postal Service in July 2012.

Interview Details – Applied in December, then contacted by email in July. Email said call and schedule interview. Interview was over the phone. Questions were very basic. How have you dealt with negative work situations in the past? Do you have experience working unsupervised? How would you handle it if a co-worker called in sick and you had to cover their work duties as well as your own?

Interview Question – Very basic questions-nothing new or different.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no salary negotiation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at US Postal Service

Worked for US Postal Service? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US Postal Service City Letter Carrier interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by US Postal Service employees and interview candidates.