US Postal Service Interview Questions & Reviews

348 interviews

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at US Postal Service in January 2014.

Everything is by email initially but eventually you will follow the orders that HR will send you. The job itself is very formal but depend on location the envronment of hostility depends upon the Supervisor in charge. There is alot of retaliation within the post office but your best bit stay to yourself.

Smoke Screen they will say one thing and do another

Mail Carrier Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at US Postal Service.

The hiring process was easy and the interview questions were basic. I really enjoyed the overall experience with the interview process, because it didn't make me feel uncomfortable in any way. I will recommend this job to anyone who isn't afraid of hard work.

N/A

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at US Postal Service in August 2014.

I took 473 Exam on 8/8, results were sent via email, I scored an 84.8. Was called in for an interview on 8/19. Interview was not really an interview. Postmaster went over job duties, basically a day in the life as a carrier. I filled out paperwork as far as tax forms. I was advised to look out for drug screening email. Waiting on email in order to continue hiring process and start job

No Negotiation Standard Salary

City Carrier Assistant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at US Postal Service in October 2013.

First I sent in my resume online. Then I got an email invite to take the test. After I passed the test, then I got an email to take a drug test. After the drug test I was invited to an interview, which was really casual. They had about 100 people in one room, told us about the job, filled out some paper work, then broke up into groups. CCA's in one group and everyone else in the same room just a different area. Then you waited until you were called by name and went to speak to, what I now know was a Supervisor, hiring person. If you made the cut you went back into that room immediately, if you not you left immediately. When you went back in you, signed some paper work, then went to take your id photo. Once that was complete, you left and waited to begin, took about a month. The next time you went in, a group of about fifty, were outside and waited to get their id badges and time cards. You were shown how to clock in then went to the room to hear a bunch of stuff, signed some more paperwork, had your introduction to the post office, watched some videos. Then your were shown how to clock out. The next day you got practice clocking in and out then got your assignment for three day letter carrier training. That training was HORRIBLE. For three days you were read a manual and watched a couple of videos. After that, you were given your home site and a day to come back to drive an LLV and/or HLV depending on your home site. I waited another two days after that, then came in for training for one day. They trained in the morning, then after lunch you drove to pass the test, then went back inside and signed some more paperwork, got your hat and your schedule to show up to your on the site training. After three days of that you showed up to your home site and began working!

Interview Questions
    No negotiations, the pay is set.

City Carrier Assistant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at US Postal Service.

I applied on 8/4, took the test on 8/11 (pretty simple except for the memory section, but I still got an 83), took a drug test on 8/18, and went in for the interview on 8/19. That's when I found out that the job really sucked! No benefits until you are career, which isn't guaranteed. No guaranteed hours every week. When you do work, you could work everyday of the week. Wish they put all of this on the job posting, I wouldn't have wasted my time! Me and another person walked out, didn't do the interview.

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at US Postal Service in July 2014.

Submitted online. They sent by email releases for drug screening and background. Then a group interview conducted at one of the main POs. Introductory briefing and then one-on-one interview with a manager. They selected hirees the same day and had us come back in the PM to complete paperwork. Start work 10 days later.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you prioritize issues that arise and you are on a short time strain.   View Answer
    None

CCA Minneapolis Metro (MN) Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I interviewed online - interviewed at US Postal Service in July 2014.

I successfully interview on July 8, 2014 and received email for both drug screening and background check which I did. They informed the group that it could take up to 4 weeks if not more before they call us for orientation. Ever since then my status says OFFER PHASE EXT. As of this morning iit´s 4 weeks 3 days no sign of anything.

Interview Questions
    • Should I be concerned or just wait and see for another week?   Answer Question

CCA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Asbury Park, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asbury Park, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at US Postal Service in November 2013.

Getting hired at the USPS is a strange process. Application is online at USPS.com. After that, there's what seems like a personality test that you take online. If the results are acceptable (whatever that means) you take a proctored written test. Score high enough, and you get an in-person interview to gauge how good a fit you'll be. A drug test and physical evaluation are also conducted.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. Just a conversation with the interviewer describing the job requirements.   View Answer
    There is no negotiation for carriers.

PSE Clerk Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at US Postal Service in June 2011.

After doing the online app, you have to take the postal exam, they pick those who scored among the highest, than you will either have a group interview or individual unterview, they dont really ask many questions, its more of them telling you what to expect on the job. (especially in a large office) smaller offices may have more questions. The PO has veterans preference so if you are interviewing with a veteran sorry they will get the job before you. Once hired you have a week of training and than the job begins.

no negotiation they have a set rate across the board....they post it on the job application

CITY LETTER CARRIER Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at US Postal Service in March 2013.

The hiring process was very simplistic for my position only because it is a very demanding, dangerous, life changing experience with no benefits. The system is built on carriers and the management treats you less than a person.

Interview Questions

Worked for US Postal Service? Contribute to the Community!