US Postal Service

Average Difficulty
337 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at US Postal Service in January 2014.

Interview Details – Everything is by email initially but eventually you will follow the orders that HR will send you. The job itself is very formal but depend on location the envronment of hostility depends upon the Supervisor in charge. There is alot of retaliation within the post office but your best bit stay to yourself.

Negotiation Details – Smoke Screen they will say one thing and do another

Field Service Representative Interview

Field Service Representative
Baltimore, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at US Postal Service in February 2013.

Interview Details – i was referred to the position by a friend that was also working in the sales department that knew of the open position. Intially it was only open to Internal Employees, once it opened to Externl Candidates I was able to secure an interview within approximately 2 weeks after applying on-line and taking an assesment test. Then I had one face-to-face Interview.

Interview Question – Name a Situation where a customer was unhappy and how you resolved thier issue   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they offered me 5% higher than my avg salary for the past 3 years. problem was one of my jobs gave paid my car insurance, gas card and gave a $500 car allowance that was not considered as salary so I had to push to get the salary offer higher.

CITY LETTER CARRIER Interview

CITY LETTER CARRIER

I applied online and interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview Details – The postal service has no interview processes. The way a person is hired is through a series of tests. The original tests were conducted in person with about 500 other people and would that take about 5 hours to compete. Now the testing is conducted online. The tests and application are accessible online throughout the postal service website www.usps.com. There are now interviews included in the hiring process, which are conducted by the HR department.

Interview Question – I am not sure what questions are associated with testing process, but if it is remotely close to to the written test it will ask things associated with numbers, and comparing house numbers and addresses.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation phase, everyone is hired at the same level of pay which is consistent with the position hired for.

Supervisor Customer Service Interview

Supervisor Customer Service

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview Details – Take battery test then pass the interview panel. They try to ensure your knowledge on Safety and security, Treating employees with dignity and respect, and management of people and employees. Process was long but well worth it

Interview Question – safety is a huge part of our operation   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it

Accountant Interview

Accountant

Interviewed at US Postal Service

Interview Details – you interview with managers so be ready to impress them with your background skills and communication skills. they ask alot of behavior questions during interview. showing them that you really know accounting helps instead of the fact that you took accounting 101.

Interview Question – behavior questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

CCA Interview

CCA
Tampa, FL

Interview Details – Arrived as a group someone explained the job and summarized the process and pay. Then they proceeded with one on one interviews. At the end of the one on one they will let you know if the recommend you or not

Interview Question – How do you feel about dogs? Do you have any health issues? Pretty simple questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation $15.30hr

City Carrier Assistant

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview Details – I applied online. After about 3 weeks they called me for an interview. I took the test for the CCA position already so I didn't have to do it again. A couple days Before the interview I was sent a link to do a background check and a drug test. I passed both. So while in my interview they asked me to bring a drivers abstract and I had to fill out a lot of paperwork. They asked me general questions , have I ever worked outside, can I handle the weather, & and how am I conscientious? The postmasters conducting the interview were very nice. After the interview I was fingerprinted & told to keep checking my email. After about 2 weeks they emailed me to set up an appointment to do a medical background check. When I went in for that they said I passed and gave me my orientation date which was the upcoming weekend. I was officially hired that day.

Interview Question – How do you know you can handle the various weather conditions?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – ACCEPT IT!!!!

Manhattan, KS

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at US Postal Service in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and was instructed to take a personality test, after the personality test I scheduled an appointment for the 473 exam. I scored an 83.8 which is decent plus 5 points for serving active duty in military. The test is pretty easy, just make sure you look at the memorization part as long as possible, and do the sample memorization part as well which use the same addresses they give you in the "real" test. I then waited two weeks and was contacted by email for a one on one interview. The interview was very simple. Asking questions about job experience. I was contacted the next day for a drug test and offered the position.

Interview Question – All were very easy, make sure you respond to questions about safety hazards by saying you would follow all safety procedures and policies before preforming a task.   Answer Question

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

Rural Carrier Associate
Saint Augustine, FL

I applied online - interviewed at US Postal Service in June 2014.

Interview Details – They will tell you you need to use your own vehicle, but unless your vehicle has right hand drive, and plenty of room for all the packages and mail, your wasting your time.

Interview Question – None of the questions were unexpected.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any negotiation.

Manager Human Resources Interview

Manager Human Resources
Shreve, OH

I applied through other source - interviewed at US Postal Service in June 2010.

Interview Details – In most cases employees are hired in lower level positions and must work their way up to higher level positions. Employees must take an entrance exam and score in the 90% to be considered for a position. Employees are selected for interview and hiring based strictly by their exam score. A criminal background check and preemployment screening must show negative results in order to hired. The interview questions are mostly general in nature and center around work hour availibility and physical requirements of the job.

Interview Question – The jobs at the Postal Service are very demanding even at lowere level positions so the most difficult question to answer is wheter you are willing to work any hours and any day of the week. If not chances are you will be passed over.   Answer Question

Worked for US Postal Service? Contribute to the Community!