US Postal Service

Updated Feb 26, 2015
Updated Feb 26, 2015

2.0

City Carrier Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service in January 2015.

The entire process took just over a month, and about a month and a half till the start of orientation (Remember this is a government job so there's always extensive screening processes). I did an online application on December 10th, 2014. Following my submission, I was emailed a link to complete an online assessment. They both were fairly easy; it seemed more or less to see if you were competent (the second was more personality based questions).

A week later on December 17th I was emailed a link to sign up to do a proctored exam. This you have to complete within x amount of days (I think it was complete it within 5 days). I was worried since I obviously was working a different job and it was a week before Christmas. Luckily there was a date and time that I was available for. I signed up for Exam 473 Delivery, Distribution and Retail and took the exam on the last available day: December 22nd, 2014. There's plenty of practice exams and examples online so research it! Its not a typical exam and not a good one to walk into blindly. They will email you your results before you get home from the exam. I think the passing grade that qualifies you for the CCA position is 82%

A week later on December 29th, 2014 I was emailed an invite to interview face-to-face. Along with this email, they also send you links to complete a background check and to go in to a place to do a drug test (urinalysis).

They do mass interviews/orientations so they tell you a date and time and there's not much leeway. Mine was for January 6th, 2015. I walked into a conference room with 50 other people there for the same position. (I live in a large city with many cities/post offices so there were plenty of positions open). We filled out paperwork (In case we were offered a position it would be done already) and then the HR rep gave more details about the position to weed out any weak ones (which some people actually got up and left). Then we all were individually interviewed (5 at a time and my luck I was the last round of interviews...it took over 2 hours until my turn).

On to the actual interview:

It was easy...really easy. Whenever I do any job interview I always find something to connect me with my interviewer. Luckily this happened immediately. I like finding a connection because then you can mostly talk about that (instead of the job) and build a relationship getting them to really like you. My advice: be the one to ask questions and lead the interview. Anywho, the questions were so simple, mostly just to see if you are willing to battle the weather. Since I live in a region that gets bombarded with blizzards in the winter and extreme humidity in the summer, they just wanted to see if you were up to being outside and walking in the extreme conditions. It was basically just a compatibility interview to see if you grew up with a strong work ethic and if you can handle the outside world. At the end of the interview my interviewer told me she was going to recommend me for the position ( I don't know if they typically tell people that; I was just the last one of the day and we had good report so I think she told me to lessen the pain of being there all day).

2 days later on January 8th, 2015 I received another email giving me a conditional offer for the position contingent on passing a medical assessment. The medical assessment consisted of 3 questions just asking if you're on any current medication, if you have any current injuries, and if you have any past injuries that will prevent you from doing any functions of the job. I printed it out and emailed it back within 5 minutes.

Then on January 13th, 2015 I received my final email congratulating me on the position and confirming that I was actually being hired. In the email I received instructions on my week long paid orientation that starts January 26th, 2015.

Hope this helps. I will post another review after my orientation!

Interview Questions
    • Have you had a job requiring you to work outside before?   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Mail Handler Interview

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service.

Very easy process, just have patience. I applied on-line during the last week in Dec 14. Was immediately asked to schedule postal exam. Was finally offered MHA position today, 25 Feb 15. Once you establish your on-line account with USPS check your status often. After I took the test it was about a month before I was called for an interview. I thought USPS wasn't interested but had I checked my status on-line I would have seen that action with my application was going on behind the scenes.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how you displayed leadership in a previous workplace?   View Answer
    No negotiation, set hourly wage

PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service.

It is very simple, if you get a email to come in and your background is clean and you passed the drug test you got the job. You come in as a group and go over the job duties and your application.

Interview Questions
    • They ask if you were dishonest on your application and give you a change to be honest if you were not.   Answer Question

Rca Interview

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service.

After taking the proctored exam; you have to score 70 or above, i scored 80. You apply for as many positions as you like. I was put on a hiring list, then 2 weeks later i received a call for an interview. It was pretty basic, and easy. I met with PM & RCA head. The interview took 10 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at the Post Office?
      What would you do if you were told to do different tasks from 2 different people?

Answer Question
    Long, I went from Hiring List, Offer Phase, then back to Hiring List

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service.

Group Interview was simple down straight to the point what you will be doing.Several station managers spoke and explaining what this jobs entails. the pros and cons behind this position, gave you a chance to withdraw from this position if it didn't fit what yo thought it was.You will walk approximate 12 miles through out the day. From loading the mail truck to walking up stairs in apt buildings to business buildings etc. From time i submitted application online to self assessment questionnaire to proctored exam the following week was real quick. waited about a month before i got email to schedule for drug testing and to consent for background check

Interview Questions
    • Do you have a problem working outdoors   View Answer

PSE Clerk Interview

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service.

The interview process was straight to the point, depending on the interviewer. The interviewer asked simple questions, nothing to hard to answer. However, the interview is in a group setting, so be prepared and stand out. Also, the interview process can take up to 5 hours so make sure to eat something before you go.

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service.

I applied online on Dec.6,2015 and got an invite to take exam 473 about two weeks later which wasn't so bad, after about a week half I received an email for background check as well as an Email to have drug screening down and a face to face interview. The interview was really easy, my interviewer was really nice, they are really straight forward no sugar coding just straight to the point. I was given a break down on what to expect being a CCA and if I could work 12hours and six days a week... If need be. Overall the interviewer isn't process isn't as bad as many would put it to be. I was recommended and got the job now waiting for all my paperwork to clear and get schedule for orientation.

Interview Questions
    • How well do you work in a teamwork environment? How will you deal with a difficult coworker or supervisor?   Answer Question

City Carrier Assistant Interview

I applied to usps on january 2nd 2015 and after a week i got a message from usps to take a test at home, so i was invited to make an appointment to take the second test and i scores 78.3. On january 12th i was invited to get my criminal record check and also to take the urine drug test, Im clean in both exams, in january 22th i was invited for an interview . I did well at my interview on the 26th and today (after 2 weeks) i got a message from usps asking me to check my criminal record again !
    So my question is why usps is making me a double criminal background check instead of offering me a contract with them?
    Please any advices will be helpful

Interview Questions
    • Why usps is checking my criminal background again after my interview????   Answer Question

City Carrier Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service.

After applying online for this position, I immediately received an email to take part one of a two part exam. First off, both portions of the exam are timed. The first part was completed online and really focused on personality and common sense. After taking this portion, I was scheduled to take part two the following week. Before taking the second part, I was emailed an attachment that showed how I could study/prepare for it. I arrived early and was immediately greeted by people conducting the exam. I was seated at a cubicle in a large room where others were also taking their exam. The second portion focused more on my knowledge of being able to read addresses accurately and details associated with the job. After submitting the exam, I was able to check my score via email right away.

I received an email a few days later inviting me for an interview at a specific time. There is no rescheduling. if you cannot attend the session you are invited to, you must reapply for the position again. At the interview, I was in a group of about thirty people. We were all directed to a large room where we filled out forms while we each took turns getting interviewed. I waited around 45 minutes before I was able to interview. The interview itself was relatively quick and easy. The questions were easy beginning with my ability to withstand the physical rigors of the job. After, I was told to share about an experience I had with a difficult customer and also to describe a situation in which I used teamwork. The interview took less than ten minutes. An hour after I left, I received an email to complete an online form in order to check my driving records. A few days later, I got an email to schedule a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Give an experience you had with a difficult customer.
      Share a time when teamwork was needed.

Answer Question

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grant, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grant, AL

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service in February 2015.

I have not had my interview yet it is tomorrow 2/23/2015.The process up to this point as been very fast I filled out an application on 2/1/15 where I scheduled an exam date of 2/5/2015. I went and took my test and had my results emailed to me within a few minutes of taking the exam I scored 83 not sure how well that is.I got a call for an interview on Friday 2/20/15.So i will let everyone know how it goes.