US Postal Service Interview Questions

2.1

Electronic Technician (PS-9) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at US Postal Service in April 2010.

I answered a published announcement seeking experienced Electronic Technicians. After successfully completing an in-house exam of mostly mechanical knowledge with only a few basic electrical and electronic questions I was sent a workbook to complete - questioning my knowledge of mostly mechanical knowledge. Upon their receipt of THAT assignment I was called in for an interview before 3 managers. The first few questions were of electrical troubleshooting knowledge with only basic electronics knowledge - basic digital components and symbols - whether I could comprehend electrical/electronic schematics.

I was given the salary and benefits data AND told I would be required to pass the initial training course (MPLSM) at their training facility in Norman OK. IF I failed any portion of the training I would be returned to my prior employment status (unemployed).

City Carrier Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Shrewsbury, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shrewsbury, MA

I applied online - interviewed at US Postal Service in September 2014.

Applied online after 2 weeks invited me to take the test . I went took the test the next day got the results I passed. Filled in a personality test and waited 2 months received a email invited me to a interview. I arrived in Shrewsbury mass there were 50 people there all for postions in Worcester Boston and surrounding areas. We Sat and listened to a explanation of the job and what was expected. Filled out several more papers and waited and waited and waited to be interviewed. We were told it should take about 2 hours total for everything. We Sat there for 6 yes 6 hours . I was called next for my interview which took 5 minutes only question was got any questions ?? Then returned to the room to have our id's and paperwork checked. These guys were like the original pony express so old sooooo slow. Finally they said you'll get a email to do a drug test and background check. I didn't receive anything so I emailed them . I got a email saying I wasn't selected.

Mail Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at US Postal Service in May 2010.

You take a test. Wait a couple of days, weeks, months, years. It just depends. You take the test. Have to go through preliminary physical such as lifting something that's around 70 lbs. or so. And you're in.

Interview Questions
    • I don't know it was so long ago? Which tour or shift would you like to work in?   View Answer
    No negotiation. It's a contract type of deal.

USPS CCA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

interviewed at US Postal Service in January 2014.

none really just explained the job very briefly, looking back they are really trying to hide what the job is cause its not a good job to have.i wish all interviews were this easy lol

none its $15.30 a hour

City Carrier Assistant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at US Postal Service in September 2014.

After I took the 473 exam, 2 weeks later received an email with an in person interview scheduled. Pending status.It would of been nice to see the breakdown of the scores between the personality and 473 exams. I thought I'd score higher. Probably because wasn't fast enough. I aimed for accuracy, which may have hindered my score, despite passing.

Interview Questions
    Still pending, waiting for outcome.

CCA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bedford Park, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford Park, IL

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at US Postal Service in June 2014.

i havent been to to many interviews, but this one was pretty easy. basically they had maybe 20 of us in a room along with a few postmasters from different offices and those with the highest scores got to chose where they wanted to go first. once you chose said office you went into a big room and sat down and talked 1-on-1 with the postmaster. i noticed some of them explaining the job to the people but for me the guy was like "entertain me and tell me about yourself while i fix these papers". which lasted maybe 2 minutes, then i had to initial all of the paperwork and then he asked me around 5 generic questions like "what would you do if you were fighting with a co-worker" off of a piece of paper and wrote my answers down, then he was telling me about how much this job sucks and why i shouldnt want to work here and i said i dont really care. then he said your hired and i was fingerprinted and that was that.

you arent able to negotiate here

Mail Handler Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at US Postal Service in August 2014.

The interview went well. I was asked basic questions like if I accept the work hours, can I work as a team, If I have any factory setting experience, if I can serve customers and such. From my end I think everythng went well.

PMr Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview in person and training about 90 miles away. Interview and superior very professional. Days of training non negotiable. Mileage was paid to go to traning. Professional and nice experience.

No salary negotiation.

Rca Interview

I applied online - interviewed at US Postal Service in September 2014.

I applied online and was invited to take personality test. I was then directed to take postal exam at an independent testing facility. Received notification of score (83.6) within one hour through email. I started applying to post offices near my home. Within 3 weeks I got and offer to come in for interview. The interview was fairly easy and not difficult at all. I feel like I over prepared for this interview. The postmaster gave a very detailed description what RCA do and then was told I would be notified thru email the next step if I was selected.

Interview Questions
    • Can I handle working outdoors in all weather conditions   Answer Question

Mail Carrier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at US Postal Service.

The hiring process was easy and the interview questions were basic. I really enjoyed the overall experience with the interview process, because it didn't make me feel uncomfortable in any way. I will recommend this job to anyone who isn't afraid of hard work.

N/A

Worked for US Postal Service? Contribute to the Community!