US Postal Service Interview Questions

2.0

CCA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service in October 2014.

i applied online and instantly got the link to take exam 473. the 1st part was done online just personality questions...then after that i got to schedule the 2nd part of test at a testing site. went the next day and took the test which was address matching, memory, and forms. instantly got passing score of 83 and didnt hear anything for 10 days. received email for interview. couldnt reschedule interview, not that i needed too, and had to call local number to confirm attendance. after confirmation the next day received email for drug test and background drivers check and local background criminal check. took drug test and faxed back consent for background the day b4 interview. went to interview and over 50 people showed up. went into a room where they explained job, which many people left after hearing the details. had a one on one interview and it went well. next filled out more paperwork and they took copies of ss card and dl. that was 3 days ago. after that i received another interview invite for a different location. im going to that one as well. still waiting for more info from the 1st one.

Interview Questions
    • how would you handle an irate customer?   View Answer

Distribution Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at US Postal Service.

Only had to take the test. No interview whatsoever but this was back in 1997. I can't write anything more because there was nothing more to it at that time. You take the exam and if you passed with a high enough score then you got a job.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked no questions, only had to pass a drug screen.   View Answer
    No negotiation. Only had to pick where and what shift I wanted.

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service.

Mostly done through email and fax. Receive an email for pre-screening, then for interview, then drug test, and then employment offer. Training was over an hour away but was paid.

no negotiation

CCA Interview

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service.

Easy questions that don't require much thinking. Some job related questions and a lot of questions about working habits and what not. Unless you say something they don't want to hear, then you should be fine.

Interview Questions
    • Most employees go 10-15 years without calling in sick, could you live up to that expectation?   Answer Question
    None

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

Hi...I applied to several positions at the post office. I went to take the test and got at 83%. I live in new york but applied to positions in atlanta, ga. Based on the reviews i've read the email u pretty quickly. My question is being that i live in ny currently will the give me the opportunity to do an interview and training up here and in a few weeks transfer and work down there? Or will i just have to pick up and leave to go and do my interview and training down there?

City Carrier Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at US Postal Service.

Once got email for interview you've got the job if you driving abstract is clean. In interviewed informed me of responsibilities of job. Asked me if I could handle the job.The interview is more so informative than anything.

Interview Questions
    • none basic question why you wanna work for usps, do think you can handle job and etc.   Answer Question
    $15.30/hr non negotiable

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service.

Apply online, new postings almost everyday. Create a profile (your application) then you can apply to as many positions as you like without doing the process repeatedly. You will be given a list of testing site locations and dates to take test. Watch out for scams of a book in which you are to study by for the test, no book is needed for is fairly simple. In a week max I believe, your test scores will be available. Veterans get extra points, if your score is high enough you will be in the running for an interview. If not satisfactory most places should email you notifying you that you weren't selected.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think you will be able to walk up to 12 miles and carry up to 15lbs for some time.   Answer Question
    As far as pay, no negotiation as far as I know the base pay is set for all newcomers.

City Carrier Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at US Postal Service.

Process took about a month an a half
    First u take the test than you apply for the job u hear nothing from them for two weeks, they send an email to you requesting information about your driving record etc. then u wait another two week they will invite you to an interview depending if you met the requirements when going for an interview arrive atleast 30 mins early, first come first interviewed type of thing they talk to you for about 30 mins den you make sure all your paper work is filled out properly, questions were pretty simple basic, they ask bout customer service, how would you act with an irate customer, previous job attendance, are you willing to come to work in a short notice etc pretty basic question couple of days later you get a package of paper work if you passed the interview and choose your station

PTF Clerk Interview

They haven't hired for this position in years, so I can't tell anyone when they will. In the past you had to take a test first and then you would be interviewed based on your score.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I first applied online and then had to take an online personality assessment. After that I had one week to schedule and take a proctored assessment at a testing site which I did. You do NOT need to pay for any "practice packages" you might find offered online. They inform you of what each of the three sections of the test are like and the test is pretty straight forward and easy besides the last part which is memorization. But still, I think it'd be pretty difficult to actually fail. After I passed both those I received an email inviting me in for a group interview. Only two other people showed up and it lasted 1.5 hours and consisted of an interviewer and supervisor going over the details of the position and what will happen next in the process. The day of the interview, I received two emails. One was giving information for a background and driving check/history and the other was to set up a drug screening test. After the interview, I immediately drove and did the drug test and before I went into the interview I gave all the information needed for the background check and driving history. Two days later I received an email informing me that my drug test and background check all cleared and I was conditionally offered the job. I need to go in to fill out paperwork and get medically cleared and then they can officially offer me the job. Just a heads up, this is a low end job. You make good money but you're basically a sub-in for other people. And my specific position was a walking position. They cannot guarantee you ANY hours per week and you're basically "on-call" seven days a week. They make it clear that if you take this job, THEY are you're only and number one priority and if called, you better get in and show up, no if's, and's, or but's.

Interview Questions
    • They literally did not ask any of us any questions besides pausing every now and then to make sure we were all still interested in the position.   Answer Question

It pays well but I need a job that I can count on getting so many hours per week and more of a set schedule.