US Postal Service Interview Questions

2.1

CCA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service in October 2014.

i applied online and instantly got the link to take exam 473. the 1st part was done online just personality questions...then after that i got to schedule the 2nd part of test at a testing site. went the next day and took the test which was address matching, memory, and forms. instantly got passing score of 83 and didnt hear anything for 10 days. received email for interview. couldnt reschedule interview, not that i needed too, and had to call local number to confirm attendance. after confirmation the next day received email for drug test and background drivers check and local background criminal check. took drug test and faxed back consent for background the day b4 interview. went to interview and over 50 people showed up. went into a room where they explained job, which many people left after hearing the details. had a one on one interview and it went well. next filled out more paperwork and they took copies of ss card and dl. that was 3 days ago. after that i received another interview invite for a different location. im going to that one as well. still waiting for more info from the 1st one.

Interview Questions
    • how would you handle an irate customer?   View Answer

City Carrier Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service.

First you apply online, then you wait for unspecified amount of time until you get an email. Most of communications is done via Email for the job, so make sure you check it often. The following email can come at anytime, mine took a few weeks, depending on if they need people at the time. Currently they are hiring. Once you get a confirmation email, it entails you to take an assessment test for the position, its very easy. It requires you to see if your able to read addresses on mail properly and if your able to see and memorize mistakes. Again, easy. You get your results back after a week or so, if your in a certain high percentile, you'll get a call first than ones who score less. You schedule an interview and go from there.

Interview: Basic interview scenarios, I have been to a few interviews, they either played out like I was question thoroughly, or they asked but they were constantly writing, meaning pretty much that they're already giving you the job but need to ask as a formality.

Sales/Service Distribution Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service.

After applying and taking test (which I scored an 85 on), I received an email like a month later to interview. It was a group interview then post masters came and did individual interviews. You were told if you would be recommended or not there on the spot. I was! The next day I went and did fingerprinting and paperwork. Also they send an email for you to complete background check and drug testing.

No negotiations

Distribution Clerk Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at US Postal Service.

Has little to do with the future in Post Office, how you work and reliability showing up on a daily basis has more to do with your job security. Purpose your life to be at the beck and call of the Postal Service and management will invite you into their circle and more hours devoted to making money will become available to that individual.

Interview Questions
    • Most jobs are between the hours of 10pm and 7am in the morn. Expect to work nights in order to make any money   Answer Question

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied in-person – interviewed at US Postal Service.

I applied about a month ago & was told to go take an online assessment. no need to study for you, just do the best you can. About a month later I recieved an email saying I had an interview. The interview was not really an interview. Multiple people were part of the interview. During the "interview", all the candidates were instructed to fill out tons of paperwork. within the paperwork there were typical interview questions to be answered but instead of answering out loud you were instructed to write your responses on the paper. Very laid back atmosphere

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an angry customer   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Distribution Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at US Postal Service.

Only had to take the test. No interview whatsoever but this was back in 1997. I can't write anything more because there was nothing more to it at that time. You take the exam and if you passed with a high enough score then you got a job.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked no questions, only had to pass a drug screen.   View Answer
    No negotiation. Only had to pick where and what shift I wanted.

Postmaster Relief Worker Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service.

You have to get your fingerprints done and a background check is done by a company called GIS. Once you are going for interview, have to check to see if you can lift at least 50 lbs and need to have computer knowledge to do your close outs at end of day for all postage sales, money orders done and packages mailed out. Packages have to be scanned in steps of arrival, attempts to notify customer and delivery and the scanner docked to headquarters on daily intervals to keep track of all scans and tracking numbers. Lots of sorting and lifting. Sometimes will have to measure odd shaped packages and know international postage. Lots to remember. I suggest write everything down and keep in a binder to refer to later.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell a customer you can't get give them mail over the counter if they innocently forgot their key?   View Answer
    It was pretty much general on how every PM Relief Worker gets hired. No negotiating. It is set wages with government.

Mail Processing Clerk Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at US Postal Service.

I was hired on October 15,1998,16 years ago as a Mail Processing Clerk for the Mid-Island Processing & Distribution Center in Melville, The hiring process was handled properly and ran smoothly.All questions were answered by the Human Resources Department in a timely manner.I honestly don't remember much about the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't a difficult question in this interview.The question I remember most was .....Why do you want to work for the Postal Service?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation phase.

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service.

Mostly done through email and fax. Receive an email for pre-screening, then for interview, then drug test, and then employment offer. Training was over an hour away but was paid.

no negotiation

CCA Interview

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service.

Easy questions that don't require much thinking. Some job related questions and a lot of questions about working habits and what not. Unless you say something they don't want to hear, then you should be fine.

Interview Questions
    • Most employees go 10-15 years without calling in sick, could you live up to that expectation?   Answer Question
    None