US Postal Service Interview Questions

2.0

CCA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service in October 2014.

i applied online and instantly got the link to take exam 473. the 1st part was done online just personality questions...then after that i got to schedule the 2nd part of test at a testing site. went the next day and took the test which was address matching, memory, and forms. instantly got passing score of 83 and didnt hear anything for 10 days. received email for interview. couldnt reschedule interview, not that i needed too, and had to call local number to confirm attendance. after confirmation the next day received email for drug test and background drivers check and local background criminal check. took drug test and faxed back consent for background the day b4 interview. went to interview and over 50 people showed up. went into a room where they explained job, which many people left after hearing the details. had a one on one interview and it went well. next filled out more paperwork and they took copies of ss card and dl. that was 3 days ago. after that i received another interview invite for a different location. im going to that one as well. still waiting for more info from the 1st one.

Interview Questions
    • how would you handle an irate customer?   View Answer

City Carrier Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at US Postal Service.

Once got email for interview you've got the job if you driving abstract is clean. In interviewed informed me of responsibilities of job. Asked me if I could handle the job.The interview is more so informative than anything.

Interview Questions
    • none basic question why you wanna work for usps, do think you can handle job and etc.   Answer Question
    $15.30/hr non negotiable

City Carrier Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service.

Apply online, new postings almost everyday. Create a profile (your application) then you can apply to as many positions as you like without doing the process repeatedly. You will be given a list of testing site locations and dates to take test. Watch out for scams of a book in which you are to study by for the test, no book is needed for is fairly simple. In a week max I believe, your test scores will be available. Veterans get extra points, if your score is high enough you will be in the running for an interview. If not satisfactory most places should email you notifying you that you weren't selected.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think you will be able to walk up to 12 miles and carry up to 15lbs for some time.   Answer Question
    As far as pay, no negotiation as far as I know the base pay is set for all newcomers.

City Carrier Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at US Postal Service.

Process took about a month an a half
    First u take the test than you apply for the job u hear nothing from them for two weeks, they send an email to you requesting information about your driving record etc. then u wait another two week they will invite you to an interview depending if you met the requirements when going for an interview arrive atleast 30 mins early, first come first interviewed type of thing they talk to you for about 30 mins den you make sure all your paper work is filled out properly, questions were pretty simple basic, they ask bout customer service, how would you act with an irate customer, previous job attendance, are you willing to come to work in a short notice etc pretty basic question couple of days later you get a package of paper work if you passed the interview and choose your station

PTF Clerk Interview

They haven't hired for this position in years, so I can't tell anyone when they will. In the past you had to take a test first and then you would be interviewed based on your score.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I first applied online and then had to take an online personality assessment. After that I had one week to schedule and take a proctored assessment at a testing site which I did. You do NOT need to pay for any "practice packages" you might find offered online. They inform you of what each of the three sections of the test are like and the test is pretty straight forward and easy besides the last part which is memorization. But still, I think it'd be pretty difficult to actually fail. After I passed both those I received an email inviting me in for a group interview. Only two other people showed up and it lasted 1.5 hours and consisted of an interviewer and supervisor going over the details of the position and what will happen next in the process. The day of the interview, I received two emails. One was giving information for a background and driving check/history and the other was to set up a drug screening test. After the interview, I immediately drove and did the drug test and before I went into the interview I gave all the information needed for the background check and driving history. Two days later I received an email informing me that my drug test and background check all cleared and I was conditionally offered the job. I need to go in to fill out paperwork and get medically cleared and then they can officially offer me the job. Just a heads up, this is a low end job. You make good money but you're basically a sub-in for other people. And my specific position was a walking position. They cannot guarantee you ANY hours per week and you're basically "on-call" seven days a week. They make it clear that if you take this job, THEY are you're only and number one priority and if called, you better get in and show up, no if's, and's, or but's.

Interview Questions
    • They literally did not ask any of us any questions besides pausing every now and then to make sure we were all still interested in the position.   Answer Question

It pays well but I need a job that I can count on getting so many hours per week and more of a set schedule.

CCA Or City Carrier Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service in October 2014.

I applied online, received an email the following day to take 473 exam. Took the exam 5 days later, scored 81.5. After I completed the exam I was emailed two weeks later with a scheduled interview date. In that time, I was emailed info in regards to the background check and drug test. In a nutshell, it was all a matter of a months timeframe where everything happened. Next step is excepting the position and in processing.

No negotiations, You received a letter stating what you will and will not receive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, CA

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service in September 2014.

Interview process came quick. The time from which I applied to the interview was approx 2 weeks. First I applied on the USPS website. Then I received an email to take the personality test. After that I received an email to take the 473 exam (I got a score of 86.10). I got an email shortly saying I passed. The next day I got an email with a link to do a background check. A couple of days passed and I got another email with the date and time of my interview. The interview consisted of filling out tons of paperwork, they made copies of my social and CA Drivers license, they sat me down and did a one on one interview, and they did fingerprinting. Right now I am waiting on a call or email back.

Temporary Relief Carrier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, TN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at US Postal Service.

Very easy process. They teach you how to drive the truck, sort the mail, and safety. The job was not difficult. The only problem is when people park their car in front of the mail box and dogs are left running around.

CCA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service in September 2014.

I went to the USPS website and took the first test. Right after I was sent to take the 473 exam. A few weeks later I got an email for a interview. The interview consisted of filling out paperwork and staff explaining to us what the job was about. A few days later I was sent an email for a drug screening and a form to fax for my background check. A few weeks later I received an email for medical screening, which consisted of filling out a questioner of all my medical history. A couple more weeks later I received an email to report to orientation. Orientation or (ONE) took 2 days and was your basic orientation going over pay, what your job consist of, and the operation of the Post Office. The 3rd day was Defensive driving, which was basically drivers training again. The next 2 days were Carrier Academy, which consisted of learning how delivery the mail, case the mail, and etc. The last day of training was Drivers Training, which was learning how to drive the LLV and for my station the FFV.

All this training was done in one week Mon-Fri, except for Drivers Training which was on the next Monday.

Training was not hard, its just a lot of information in a short amount of time.

A few days after training I was working a route with my OJI "On the Job Instructor"

Interview Questions
    No Negotiation. $15.30 per hour.