US Postal Service

Updated Nov 20, 2014

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service in October 2014.

i applied online and instantly got the link to take exam 473. the 1st part was done online just personality questions...then after that i got to schedule the 2nd part of test at a testing site. went the next day and took the test which was address matching, memory, and forms. instantly got passing score of 83 and didnt hear anything for 10 days. received email for interview. couldnt reschedule interview, not that i needed too, and had to call local number to confirm attendance. after confirmation the next day received email for drug test and background drivers check and local background criminal check. took drug test and faxed back consent for background the day b4 interview. went to interview and over 50 people showed up. went into a room where they explained job, which many people left after hearing the details. had a one on one interview and it went well. next filled out more paperwork and they took copies of ss card and dl. that was 3 days ago. after that i received another interview invite for a different location. im going to that one as well. still waiting for more info from the 1st one.

Interview Questions
    • how would you handle an irate customer?   View Answer

CCA Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service.

Took the assessment and hired in within 4wks. Went to a group interview. Then I went to a 2 day orientation. Then on to CCA Academy. Next I have to go through Drivers Training.

No negotiation

Mail Carrier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmond, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmond, OK

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service.

I have no complaints on that process. I took the exam then I applied online then they called me then I got the job had to take a drug test a driving test and take a class and pass it too.

Their was no negotiating.

PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview

1.You must go online and fill out your profile. 2. Apply for a position of your liking. 3. Complete initial questionnaire. 4. Set up date and time to go do a proctored exam at a local location. 5. Receive your test scores within the next 34 hours, usually within 15 minutes you will receive and email to log on and view scores. 6. Wait for an interview by watching the status of your application.

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service.

sat in a room with 35-45 other ppl. a women spoke about yhe position and what to expect. then watched a info video of the postion. we then filled out extra paper work. interviewed afterwards. the process took about 3 hrs.

Casual Mail Handler Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview was a group interview and was quick. I just walked in with several other people and filled out some paperwork. Had a short 2 minute interview, filled out consent for background check, finger printed, and consent for drug testing.

PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service.

Went to the interview were their was another person interviewing. Post master was late doing g the interview. Easy questions although I thought that a position of mail clerk didn't have to deliver mail I was wrong.

City Carrier Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service.

First you apply online, then you wait for unspecified amount of time until you get an email. Most of communications is done via Email for the job, so make sure you check it often. The following email can come at anytime, mine took a few weeks, depending on if they need people at the time. Currently they are hiring. Once you get a confirmation email, it entails you to take an assessment test for the position, its very easy. It requires you to see if your able to read addresses on mail properly and if your able to see and memorize mistakes. Again, easy. You get your results back after a week or so, if your in a certain high percentile, you'll get a call first than ones who score less. You schedule an interview and go from there.

Interview: Basic interview scenarios, I have been to a few interviews, they either played out like I was question thoroughly, or they asked but they were constantly writing, meaning pretty much that they're already giving you the job but need to ask as a formality.

Causal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service.

Applied online did the personality test. Did the 473 test. Got my score back in 10 min. Waited two weeks for drugs and background check. Went to a pre-session than waited again two weeks for a interview. They just went over my job history. Got the paper to do fingerprint, finger printed at the police station. One week later got an email to fill out a medical questionnaire application. Alone with a hiring package. The process is long hang in there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service in November 2014.

I applied for the 473 Exam about a month ago and passed, I believe passing is a score of 70. Anyhow, I received an email from USPS 3 weeks later stating they would like to interview me for possible employment as a CCA; a position I applied for earlier! Prior to interview, they also sent me for urine test and had a background check performed. The interview was performed a few days later. Me and and about 29 other candidates showed up in a classroom like setting. The instructors stated the duties and wages of CCA, and what is expected from us. After giving out each of our pre filled applications the interviews began. Interviews are pretty simple, and have standard questions with some USPS situations. Interviewer was helpful, and beforehand told me this is easy and not to be nervous! After interview was over, followed up with head instuctor to see if all paperwork is in order while asking why should I be hired? After answering, instructor informed me to check email and spam for their answer. Also said might take few weeks, due to enourmous volume of applicants!