US Postal Service Interview Questions

Updated Aug 2, 2015

2.0

City Carrier Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service in January 2015.

Interview

The entire process took just over a month, and about a month and a half till the start of orientation (Remember this is a government job so there's always extensive screening processes). I did an online application on December 10th, 2014. Following my submission, I was emailed a link to complete an online assessment. They both were fairly easy; it seemed more or less to see if you were competent (the second was more personality based questions). A week later on December 17th I was emailed a link to sign up to do a proctored exam. This you have to complete within x amount of days (I think it was complete it within 5 days). I was worried since I obviously was working a different job and it was a week before Christmas. Luckily there was a date and time that I was available for. I signed up for Exam 473 Delivery, Distribution and Retail and took the exam on the last available day: December 22nd, 2014. There's plenty of practice exams and examples online so research it! Its not a typical exam and not a good one to walk into blindly. They will email you your results before you get home from the exam. I think the passing grade that qualifies you for the CCA position is 82% A week later on December 29th, 2014 I was emailed an invite to interview face-to-face. Along with this email, they also send you links to complete a background check and to go in to a place to do a drug test (urinalysis). They do mass interviews/orientations so they tell you a date and time and there's not much leeway. Mine was for January 6th, 2015. I walked into a conference room with 50 other people there for the same position. (I live in a large city with many cities/post offices so there were plenty of positions open). We filled out paperwork (In case we were offered a position it would be done already) and then the HR rep gave more details about the position to weed out any weak ones (which some people actually got up and left). Then we all were individually interviewed (5 at a time and my luck I was the last round of interviews...it took over 2 hours until my turn). On to the actual interview: It was easy...really easy. Whenever I do any job interview I always find something to connect me with my interviewer. Luckily this happened immediately. I like finding a connection because then you can mostly talk about that (instead of the job) and build a relationship getting them to really like you. My advice: be the one to ask questions and lead the interview. Anywho, the questions were so simple, mostly just to see if you are willing to battle the weather. Since I live in a region that gets bombarded with blizzards in the winter and extreme humidity in the summer, they just wanted to see if you were up to being outside and walking in the extreme conditions. It was basically just a compatibility interview to see if you grew up with a strong work ethic and if you can handle the outside world. At the end of the interview my interviewer told me she was going to recommend me for the position ( I don't know if they typically tell people that; I was just the last one of the day and we had good report so I think she told me to lessen the pain of being there all day). 2 days later on January 8th, 2015 I received another email giving me a conditional offer for the position contingent on passing a medical assessment. The medical assessment consisted of 3 questions just asking if you're on any current medication, if you have any current injuries, and if you have any past injuries that will prevent you from doing any functions of the job. I printed it out and emailed it back within 5 minutes. Then on January 13th, 2015 I received my final email congratulating me on the position and confirming that I was actually being hired. In the email I received instructions on my week long paid orientation that starts January 26th, 2015. Hope this helps. I will post another review after my orientation!

Interview Questions

• Have you had a job requiring you to work outside before?   6 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

I took the 916 assessment and scored a 77.20 , I took the test This month and I'm wondering if that good or bad. I also would like to know, when I'll receive the interview email...someone help? I'm lost on what's going on, I haven't received word on

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

Was quick and smooth. Filled out the application online and was scheduled to take the cival service test right afterwards. I didnt know to study for the test so I just went in and took it. Was pretty common sense stuff with nothing to major to worry about, but studying wouldnt have been a bad idea. Within a week or so I was called for an interview which was just about like any other interview. Within 3 weeks of the interview I was emailed some papers to fill out and fax in for my background checks, as well as my drug test. Within 2 hours of taking my drug test I was offered a position and filled out my medical questionaire. Waiting now to hear back about my training. Overall, very easy process.

Interview Questions

• Was asked the normal questions that everyone always asks, the main one being, tell me a little bit about yourself. The best way to answer this is answered all over the internet and was a big help.   Answer Question

CCA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camden, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at US Postal Service (Camden, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was the easiest part about the whole job. It is not really an interview it is more of an information session. You do not need to go in nervous because you are going to get the job because people are always quitting because of how horrible the company is to work for.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been fired from a job is probably the most serious question I was asked.   1 Answer

PSE Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Van Nuys, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service (Van Nuys, CA).

Interview

A group interview. Around 20 of us. Took us all in 1 big room then introduced themselves and proceeded to let us know what the job was about. After the group introduction each person from the interview went over our application to see if there was missing information. When that was finished an interviewer will call us individually and proceeded with the interview. If you got hired right then and there, you will get fingerprinted. If you didn't then you'll just go home. Easy process.

CCA Interview

Interview

I've applied over a month now and I've took the 473 exam and made a 79.90 on the test can someone tell me if that's not good enough for a CCA position ?

Interview Questions

• I've applied for the CCA position I mad a 78.90 on my test in reading all kinds of things in here can someone tell me what to do?   2 Answers

Rca Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belen, NM

Application

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service (Belen, NM).

Interview

Got a letter to take a test, got called in for interview, asked if I was willing to work 1 day a week or more, and to get called in.

Interview Questions

• asked if I was willing to work 1 day a week or more, and to get called in.   Answer Question

Negotiation

not too bad

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

I applied on July 11th 2015 as soon as I submitted my application I got an email to do an online test it was about 100 questions on my personality. After that was submitted I had to schedule an appointment for my 473 exam. I completed the exam on 7/13 and passed with an 83%. On 7/14 I had to submit my background check and drug test. I am still waiting for an interview and will keep posting ...

Application

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

Get called in for a group interview to find out what the job entails, many people will leave. Those that are still interested, take the exam. drug test, driving test and background check. The process can take months

Interview

On July 1st I took my exam passed that with a 79.60 soon as I got in my car I receive the results on July6 I received an email to do a drug test and background today I called Gis and they told me that my background check and drug test were completely clear just waiting on interview I hope I don't have a long wait for that