US Postal Service Interview Questions & Reviews

2.1

PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at US Postal Service in July 2014.

I applied online 6/30/14, I had already taken the test but waiting for a job listing in my area, they finally posted a job opening 6/30/14, I applied and was emailed and invited to come interview 7/24/14. I went to the interview, it was a group of about 30, in the group they explain hours the job, the pay, how long it may take to become a career employee, after that they ask if you are still interested. If you stay you have a more detailed interview, not many questions just still talking in more details about the job. We were given our resumes back to correct and we also filled out paper work. Were told they we will be contacted by email for drug screening and background check in a couple of days. I recieved my email on 8/1/14 for background consent and drug screening, I had it done the same day I recieved the email. My profiled went from application entry to pre screening and every thing has just stopped. I had this done almost 4 weeks ago and now im just waiting. I did speak to one of the Supervisors that interviewed me and she said that, the names go on a list and they start pulling names according to their needs, she told me to just keep checking my email and that she will email me when she gets to my name. At this point I havent had orientation or any type of training. I am just excited and ready to start. Does anybody have any advise for me, or is anybody still waiting like me? Also how will you know if your background check and drug screening was okay?

Interview Questions
    • Interview is not hard at all, they just explain the job in detail, in the group interview and the individual interview. They were really nice.   Answer Question

City Carrier Assistant Interview

I applied online on 7/8, took the exam on 7/15 and scored an 81.4. A week later I got an email for drug test and background check and then for an interview. I had the interview 7/23 and the background check and drug test around the same time. At the interview I was told I got the job and filled out papers. I was told orientation would be on 8/4 and to look for an email about it. Having received nothing as of 8/1 I emailed them and asked about the orientation, they replied there was no orientation on 8/4 and to wait for an email. I have contacted them one other time since then just to ask if I am still being considered for the position or what is going on and they did not respond. It has been 5 weeks.

PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at US Postal Service.

Applied first week of July 2014 received emails weekly for exam, interview, drug screen, background check (in that order). I am still in process, no offer yet. I have since interviewed with other post office locations (in process also). Friend who is a current employee says it takes time.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were fairly easy just relax. If you have good a customer service IQ and human relations skills you should do well.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at US Postal Service in January 2014.

Everything is by email initially but eventually you will follow the orders that HR will send you. The job itself is very formal but depend on location the envronment of hostility depends upon the Supervisor in charge. There is alot of retaliation within the post office but your best bit stay to yourself.

Smoke Screen they will say one thing and do another

Mail Carrier Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at US Postal Service.

The hiring process was easy and the interview questions were basic. I really enjoyed the overall experience with the interview process, because it didn't make me feel uncomfortable in any way. I will recommend this job to anyone who isn't afraid of hard work.

N/A

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at US Postal Service in August 2014.

I took 473 Exam on 8/8, results were sent via email, I scored an 84.8. Was called in for an interview on 8/19. Interview was not really an interview. Postmaster went over job duties, basically a day in the life as a carrier. I filled out paperwork as far as tax forms. I was advised to look out for drug screening email. Waiting on email in order to continue hiring process and start job

No Negotiation Standard Salary

City Carrier Assistant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at US Postal Service in October 2013.

First I sent in my resume online. Then I got an email invite to take the test. After I passed the test, then I got an email to take a drug test. After the drug test I was invited to an interview, which was really casual. They had about 100 people in one room, told us about the job, filled out some paper work, then broke up into groups. CCA's in one group and everyone else in the same room just a different area. Then you waited until you were called by name and went to speak to, what I now know was a Supervisor, hiring person. If you made the cut you went back into that room immediately, if you not you left immediately. When you went back in you, signed some paper work, then went to take your id photo. Once that was complete, you left and waited to begin, took about a month. The next time you went in, a group of about fifty, were outside and waited to get their id badges and time cards. You were shown how to clock in then went to the room to hear a bunch of stuff, signed some more paperwork, had your introduction to the post office, watched some videos. Then your were shown how to clock out. The next day you got practice clocking in and out then got your assignment for three day letter carrier training. That training was HORRIBLE. For three days you were read a manual and watched a couple of videos. After that, you were given your home site and a day to come back to drive an LLV and/or HLV depending on your home site. I waited another two days after that, then came in for training for one day. They trained in the morning, then after lunch you drove to pass the test, then went back inside and signed some more paperwork, got your hat and your schedule to show up to your on the site training. After three days of that you showed up to your home site and began working!

Interview Questions
    No negotiations, the pay is set.

City Carrier Assistant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at US Postal Service.

I applied on 8/4, took the test on 8/11 (pretty simple except for the memory section, but I still got an 83), took a drug test on 8/18, and went in for the interview on 8/19. That's when I found out that the job really sucked! No benefits until you are career, which isn't guaranteed. No guaranteed hours every week. When you do work, you could work everyday of the week. Wish they put all of this on the job posting, I wouldn't have wasted my time! Me and another person walked out, didn't do the interview.

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at US Postal Service in July 2014.

Submitted online. They sent by email releases for drug screening and background. Then a group interview conducted at one of the main POs. Introductory briefing and then one-on-one interview with a manager. They selected hirees the same day and had us come back in the PM to complete paperwork. Start work 10 days later.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you prioritize issues that arise and you are on a short time strain.   View Answer
    None

CCA Minneapolis Metro (MN) Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I interviewed online - interviewed at US Postal Service in July 2014.

I successfully interview on July 8, 2014 and received email for both drug screening and background check which I did. They informed the group that it could take up to 4 weeks if not more before they call us for orientation. Ever since then my status says OFFER PHASE EXT. As of this morning iit´s 4 weeks 3 days no sign of anything.

Interview Questions
    • Should I be concerned or just wait and see for another week?   Answer Question

Worked for US Postal Service? Contribute to the Community!