US Postal Service Interview Questions

2.1

Temporary Relief Carrier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jackson, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, TN

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at US Postal Service.

Very easy process. They teach you how to drive the truck, sort the mail, and safety. The job was not difficult. The only problem is when people park their car in front of the mail box and dogs are left running around.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lancaster, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, CA

I applied online - interviewed at US Postal Service in September 2014.

Interview process came quick. The time from which I applied to the interview was approx 2 weeks. First I applied on the USPS website. Then I received an email to take the personality test. After that I received an email to take the 473 exam (I got a score of 86.10). I got an email shortly saying I passed. The next day I got an email with a link to do a background check. A couple of days passed and I got another email with the date and time of my interview. The interview consisted of filling out tons of paperwork, they made copies of my social and CA Drivers license, they sat me down and did a one on one interview, and they did fingerprinting. Right now I am waiting on a call or email back.

PMr Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview in person and training about 90 miles away. Interview and superior very professional. Days of training non negotiable. Mileage was paid to go to traning. Professional and nice experience.

No salary negotiation.

I applied online - interviewed at US Postal Service in September 2014.

After I took the 473 exam, 2 weeks later received an email with an in person interview scheduled. Pending status.It would of been nice to see the breakdown of the scores between the personality and 473 exams. I thought I'd score higher. Probably because wasn't fast enough. I aimed for accuracy, which may have hindered my score, despite passing.

Interview Questions
    Still pending, waiting for outcome.

Mail Carrier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at US Postal Service.

The hiring process was easy and the interview questions were basic. I really enjoyed the overall experience with the interview process, because it didn't make me feel uncomfortable in any way. I will recommend this job to anyone who isn't afraid of hard work.

N/A

Rca Interview

I applied online - interviewed at US Postal Service in September 2014.

I applied online and was invited to take personality test. I was then directed to take postal exam at an independent testing facility. Received notification of score (83.6) within one hour through email. I started applying to post offices near my home. Within 3 weeks I got and offer to come in for interview. The interview was fairly easy and not difficult at all. I feel like I over prepared for this interview. The postmaster gave a very detailed description what RCA do and then was told I would be notified thru email the next step if I was selected.

Interview Questions
    • Can I handle working outdoors in all weather conditions   Answer Question

Rca Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at US Postal Service in September 2014.

I applied online 09-03-2014 invite to take the test at testing center took test 0908/2014 was invited to an face to face interview about a week and a half later 09/19/2014 still waiting for to see if I was selected overall interview went well to me

Interview Questions
    • postmaster asked how would I handle an irate customer I said hear them out and help if I can   Answer Question

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlottesville, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

interviewed at US Postal Service in September 2014.

Applied for position online.
    Had to submit to an assessment online - no wrong or right questions - just about your character and values.
    Several days later drove an hour to site to take 473 exam. Hardest part was memorizing address ranges. Trick to that is constant repetition of viewing, closing eyes and committing each address range to memory. They give you 5 minutes to do that, and you also have a practice session beforehand where the sample address range is the same as it is in the test part that counts.
    Was able to get test score online when I got home (I scored 81.20).
    Received email that I was part of a group interview (15-20). We were brought into a room to wait as the 3 interviewers gathered our DMV transcripts and drivers licenses. They came back, every few minutes returning those documents to each applicant. Then they gave a brief overview of the RCA job. It appears the first few applicants interviewed had bad DMV transcripts and were not considered.
    Interview was calm and professional, but note, many of the beginning questions asked, were items discussed by interviewer, when he gave brief overview of RCA job (like rate of pay, guaranteed hours for RCA, etc.) so PAY ATTENTION!
    I thought my interview went well...but now I sit and wait for an email....

Interview Questions
    • If you were running route, and a customer who normally gets her SS check on the first, did not receive it on the second. It is now the fourth of the month, and still does not have her check delivered by you. Customer is getting very belligerent with you - how would you handle it?   Answer Question

City Carrier Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at US Postal Service in September 2014.

No real interview questions it's more about giving you the expectations of the job and making sure that you can perform those duties. Just be sure to arrive at least 10 to 15 minutes early at least. And always mention that would like to make a career out of the position.

Interview Questions
    Everyone starts at a set rate

Pse Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at US Postal Service.

Really easy, as long as you don't have a criminal background, (because they run your fingerprints), pass a drug test, and your work history checks out you pretty much got the job. If you make it to the face to face interview passing the online test, job is yours. Although it make it take 3-6 months for them to call you.

Worked for US Postal Service? Contribute to the Community!