US Postal Service Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015
Updated Mar 25, 2015

2.0

PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview

I have already taken the postal exam and passed with a pretty high score. I'm on the hiring list for one position and my application for other position is also in the process. What will come next? Will I get an email to do my background check and drug screen together or are they on different dates? I no that a 100 passes the exam 473, what is the overall average score that is being scored on the test?

Interview Questions
    • Haven't had an interview yet. so I haven't received an offer at this point   View Answer

Mail Handler Interview

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service.

Very easy process, just have patience. I applied on-line during the last week in Dec 14. Was immediately asked to schedule postal exam. Was finally offered MHA position today, 25 Feb 15. Once you establish your on-line account with USPS check your status often. After I took the test it was about a month before I was called for an interview. I thought USPS wasn't interested but had I checked my status on-line I would have seen that action with my application was going on behind the scenes.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how you displayed leadership in a previous workplace?   View Answer
    No negotiation, set hourly wage

Rca Interview

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service.

After taking the proctored exam; you have to score 70 or above, i scored 80. You apply for as many positions as you like. I was put on a hiring list, then 2 weeks later i received a call for an interview. It was pretty basic, and easy. I met with PM & RCA head. The interview took 10 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at the Post Office?
      What would you do if you were told to do different tasks from 2 different people?

Answer Question
    Long, I went from Hiring List, Offer Phase, then back to Hiring List

RURAL CARR Associate/SRV REG RTE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at US Postal Service in February 2015.

I Applied online in early December 2014 and took the postal exam 473 and scored an 82.10. Received an email for an interview in early February 2015. Went to the interview and the place was packed with other people wanting the same job. I had to wait nearly two hours to be seen. Once I was seen, I was given a brief personal interview. The Interview when very well and I was recommended for hire and given a fingerprint card to return. Did the fingerprinting and a few days later I received an email to do a background check and drug screen. Finished all that and waited two weeks and then contacted the company that did the background check and was told everything came back fine. Going on four weeks now and I have heard nothing back. Did contact USPS directly and was told I'd just have to wait and that nobody could tell me what was going on?

Interview Questions
    • Are you okay that this job does not have any guaranteed hours or benefits?   Answer Question
    • Are you okay being available seven days a week?   Answer Question
    IF you need a steady job with normal hours and benefits, the postal service is not worth your time. Was repeatedly told that it could take several years to move into a career position.

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service.

Group Interview was simple down straight to the point what you will be doing.Several station managers spoke and explaining what this jobs entails. the pros and cons behind this position, gave you a chance to withdraw from this position if it didn't fit what yo thought it was.You will walk approximate 12 miles through out the day. From loading the mail truck to walking up stairs in apt buildings to business buildings etc. From time i submitted application online to self assessment questionnaire to proctored exam the following week was real quick. waited about a month before i got email to schedule for drug testing and to consent for background check

Interview Questions
    • Do you have a problem working outdoors   View Answer

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service.

I applied online on Dec.6,2015 and got an invite to take exam 473 about two weeks later which wasn't so bad, after about a week half I received an email for background check as well as an Email to have drug screening down and a face to face interview. The interview was really easy, my interviewer was really nice, they are really straight forward no sugar coding just straight to the point. I was given a break down on what to expect being a CCA and if I could work 12hours and six days a week... If need be. Overall the interviewer isn't process isn't as bad as many would put it to be. I was recommended and got the job now waiting for all my paperwork to clear and get schedule for orientation.

Interview Questions
    • How well do you work in a teamwork environment? How will you deal with a difficult coworker or supervisor?   Answer Question

PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service.

It is very simple, if you get a email to come in and your background is clean and you passed the drug test you got the job. You come in as a group and go over the job duties and your application.

Interview Questions
    • They ask if you were dishonest on your application and give you a change to be honest if you were not.   Answer Question

Mail Handler Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service in January 2015.

1/9/2015- Applied online. Immediately after the application was submitted I was invited to take the online 473E assessment , which is part one of the test they give you. This had a deadline.

1/12/2015- I was invited to take the second part of the 473 Exam at a third party location. You can chose what day you take it but it does have a deadline. I scheduled it for 1/15/2015 as that was the earliest without taking it the same day. Test location was about 30 minutes. Mira Mesa area for San Diegans.

1/15/2015- I take the 473 exam. 4 parts Address checking, forms checking, coding, memory. I scored a 83.10. Added my extra 5 pointed from being a veteran and My end score is 87.10.

1/23/2015- I receive an email inviting me to interview on 1/28/2015. Along with that email I get three more emails for background check forms and drug test. All of these have deadlines of 3 day from receipt. Complete all the forms and test that following Monday.

1/28/2015-Show up for Interview set for 8:45AM along with 25 plus people. We file into a large room and they tell us that they are looking to hire 16 people, hiring in based on scores and veteran get preference over everyone even if they have a lower score. We watch a movie about the position and then they ask everyone if they are still interested. We fill out a few forms and while this is happening people are getting pre-screened and interviewed. I am pre-screened in the same room about an hour into the interviewed and then interviewed about 15 minutes afterwards.

The Interview-

The person that interviewed me was very nice and asked the following:

Tell me about your work history?
    What do you like about this position?
    How would you deal with anger customers?
    Have you ever had to with someone you didn't like and if so how did you handle it?

Afterwards he told me that his liked my energy and would be recommending me for the job. I walked back to the room and a few minutes I'm called to the back of the room. She tells me that she can't officially offer me a job but i'm near the top of the list and she is going to have me come back on Friday,1/30/2015, at 7:00AM for me to get fingerprinted, have my picture taken for my badge and fill out more paper work. I leave at about 11:30AM so the whole interview about 2.5 hours for me.

1/30/2015- Arrive with about 16 other people and with go into the same room where they tell us about that they looking to bring on 16 people on Monday and that they have 4 more positions coming up in the the next month so if you don't get an offer today do think that they are not going to call you cause they will them first on the hiring pool since they have all of there paperwork completed and work for them is just a phone call away. We start paperwork and then we are moved to the get our pictures taken and then come back to get fingerprinted in the large room. After that we fill out tax forms. While filling out the forms she calls a few people names and ask what shift they want Evenings(6PM) or graveyard(9:30PM). After this another person come to speak with us about orientation that will be on that following Monday. Asking who will need to put in notices or whatever. Then she hands out work assignments and congratulates us!!!! This took about 2 hours.

Set Rate

PSE Clerk Interview

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service.

The interview process was straight to the point, depending on the interviewer. The interviewer asked simple questions, nothing to hard to answer. However, the interview is in a group setting, so be prepared and stand out. Also, the interview process can take up to 5 hours so make sure to eat something before you go.

City Carrier Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service.

After applying online for this position, I immediately received an email to take part one of a two part exam. First off, both portions of the exam are timed. The first part was completed online and really focused on personality and common sense. After taking this portion, I was scheduled to take part two the following week. Before taking the second part, I was emailed an attachment that showed how I could study/prepare for it. I arrived early and was immediately greeted by people conducting the exam. I was seated at a cubicle in a large room where others were also taking their exam. The second portion focused more on my knowledge of being able to read addresses accurately and details associated with the job. After submitting the exam, I was able to check my score via email right away.

I received an email a few days later inviting me for an interview at a specific time. There is no rescheduling. if you cannot attend the session you are invited to, you must reapply for the position again. At the interview, I was in a group of about thirty people. We were all directed to a large room where we filled out forms while we each took turns getting interviewed. I waited around 45 minutes before I was able to interview. The interview itself was relatively quick and easy. The questions were easy beginning with my ability to withstand the physical rigors of the job. After, I was told to share about an experience I had with a difficult customer and also to describe a situation in which I used teamwork. The interview took less than ten minutes. An hour after I left, I received an email to complete an online form in order to check my driving records. A few days later, I got an email to schedule a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Give an experience you had with a difficult customer.
      Share a time when teamwork was needed.

Answer Question