US Postal Service Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

2.0

CCA Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service in June 2015.

Interview

Before the interview, I completed the "personality test" online. Then you get invited to take the 473 through e-mail (everything is done through e-mail so it's very important to check your inbox throughout the process and also your Spam Mail regularly). The 473 is a decent test. Like everyone else mentioned, the hardest part is the memorization. I scored an 84 which turned out to be in the top 10% of the group I was in that took the test. The interviews are held in order of ranking, between military background and your score on the 473 so it's important to study the sample questions on the website.

Next, I submitted my background check information and my drug screen. The very next day I was invited to interview with the Postmaster. Groups of people will show up for this interview. Only 7 people including myself actually showed up. It's very important to have a connection with your interviewer! Also study interview questions for this job, but be genuine in your responses.

Be aware this position is non-career and you will be working at least 6 days a week. You are given the option to sign up for overtime at some locations, at other locations it may be a must. Promptness is a must for both the interview and the job! My interview was just today and my Postmaster told me to keep an eye out for an e-mail. I have a good feeling I'm going to get this position.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with 2 different managers (unknowingly) assigning you work at the same time?   1 Answer

Operations Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrifield, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service (Merrifield, VA).

Interview

Face-to-face interview with 3 managers. Some "quiz-like" questions were asked and also a discussion of prior experiences and relevant projects. Each interview was specific to the manager's own style so individual questions and interests in factors important for the position varied with their purview of responsibility. The interviews overall were very straight-forward and direct; no real curveballs.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you've applied skills relating to programming, simulation and modeling, and statistical analyses.   Answer Question

City Carrier Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was a piece of cake. I guess dealing with USPS mail with different companies pervious which made the interview a piece of cake. I had an letter of recommendation so that made it even better for me.

Interview Questions

• what do you do to stay in shape?   1 Answer
    • Have you been in any automobile accidents?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever driven a company vehicle?   1 Answer

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Griffin, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service (Griffin, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

So far I'm in the 4th week of the hiring process. I applied online 5/21/15. I had already taken the 473 exam previously, so I did not receive an email stating I had to again. On 6/8/15, I received an email for an invite to interview. I attended the interview 6/11/15. The interview consisted of a group presentation in which we were given a description of job. The HR Rep told us some locations required the use of our own vehicle and we were only guaranteeed one day out the week (normally a Saturday). She told everyone the disqualifiers of the position and stated if anyone wanted to leave they could after the presentation. Nevertheless, out of a group of over 50 people, over half left. Everyone was then called one by one for an interview. Interviews lasted no more than 3-5 minutes. questions were very typical and easy to answer. After the interview, we were told to wait for processing. Processing consisted of going over paperwork and choosing location preferences. The HR Rep made me feel very confident that I already had the job before leaving. I was told to watch out for email regarding the next steps (criminal background check and drug testing). Currently this is where I stand in the hiring process. Awaiting email!

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with customers?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had to deal with an angry customer? If so, how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • When you make a mistake, howvdonuou handle it?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever held a position where safety was important?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had to reach a goal that required others completing a task before beginning yours?   Answer Question

PSE Processing Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at US Postal Service (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online 5/27 on 6/2 I received a email invited me for a interview on 6/10 and bring in the forms attached to the email. Once I got into the room she went over the job description and the application. I got called in for the interview which was about 5 to 10 minutes. Then she said you should be called in by your test score I got a 83.40. Now I'm just waiting to here back

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service (Baltimore, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

It was easy they ask you do you know anything about the job,are you OK with working outside in different types of weather, they ask about your work history and what can you contribute to being a USPS employee

Interview Questions

• If a post master ask you to do something then your boss ask you to do something who should yu listen too   Answer Question

Interview

I took the 473 assessment and scored a 82.40, I took the test May 17, 2015 and I'm wondering when I'll receive the interview email...someone help? I'm lost on what's going on, I haven't received word on anything.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at US Postal Service (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

The hiring and interview can take a bit of time to complete, very detailed and thorough all common sense and reasonable. Just think if you were hiring someone; what would you like that person to be like. Just make sure you dress professional be it for this job or any job you try for,trust me first impressions are very valuable,and dont ask about benefits or talk about pay during the interview ,they are trying to find out who you are and are not there to talk about benefits. Eye contact and a firm hand shake go a long way and say a lot about you. and always be on time they take that very seriously.

CCA Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

Applied online. Took exam, drug screening, criminal background check, and had one on one interview.I am still currently waiting for a response either way, whether I am denied or if I will be getting an offer for the CCA position that I applied for.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at US Postal Service in April 2015.

Interview

02/05/15: I applied via USPS website and receive an email to take a personality test then schedule to take the 473 Postal Exam same day.

02/10/15: I take 473 exam.

02/26/15: I apply to another RCA. (First application goes nowhere)

03/10/15: Complete criminal check and drug test concerning 2nd application.

04/14/15: Receive interview invite via email concerning 2nd application.

04/16/15: Interview with Postmaster.

Interview was pretty standard not difficult or intimidating. One on one with the postmaster we talked about basic job duties and unexpected duties. The rigors of the job and promotion opportunities along a career that may lead to you becoming a postmaster one day. He was open about his career and how quickly a dedicated employee can advance. He himself became a postmaster within 10yrs of working for USPS. He let me know at the end that he would be recommending me for the position so that quote "...you don't lose sleep over wondering." and he told me to keep checking my email, really nice guy. Overall good experience.

PS
    No offer yet be will update.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle working outdoors year around?   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with a rude/disgruntle customer that claims their mail has't been delivered yet its your first day on that specific route?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle contradictory direction from supervisors that do not communicate with one another and/or may not get along?   Answer Question