US Postal Service

268 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

USPS RCA Interview

Coventry, RI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at US Postal Service in March 2014.

Interview Details – I went online and filled out the application, took an online assessment that was cake and then emailed to go take a proctured test in your local area. Its not that hard but the final section can be tricky, most memorization stuff. Originally I had applied to about 10-12 locations in my area I wanted to work at and after I took the test, everyday I would look at the status. It goes from Applicant entry to Pre-screening to Hiring list and then finally Offer Phase EXT.
A couple of weeks after I took the proctured test, I got an email from a postmaster who wanted to interview me. I went to the interview and It was real easy, just basic questions to see if you fit in. Then after the interview your told to keep checking email because you have to do a drug test and sign and fax them back some documents about backround checks and driving records.
Right now my status shows Offer Phase Ext and I did my drug test. I figure I have to wait a few days until I hear anything. I read that you are supposed to get an email saying they offered you the job.

The interview was cake, good luck everybody!

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Just remember that this is not a career position and NO benefits.   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer Interview

Industrial Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at US Postal Service in May 2010.

Interview Details – It had two sections of interview. First one was a panel interview for 30 minutes or more. Then I received a second interview in the location I may get hire with my future supervisor and 2 persons. I got an offer about two weeks after the interview.

Interview Question – I was giving out the information for the previous work experience. The interviewer also asked for the detail number as the saving amount or what strategy I was applied to conduct the task. Sometime the information in my mind was not clear but I have to give a reasonable explanation instantly. Honest and assume the possible questions and answers will be good practice to prepare oral interview.   View Answer

Interviewed at US Postal Service

Interview Details – I applied on March 6th. Application closed on March 9th. I took the exam on March 13th, and got a 86.5. I am hoping that I hear back soon about an interview. I am praying that my exam score is good enough to get a position with USPS. My application status still says Application Entry. Hopefully the process does not take an extremely long time.

Interview Question – I have not had the interview yet so I do not know what the most difficult part was.   Answer Question

CCA Interview

CCA
Babylon, NY

I applied online - interviewed at US Postal Service in March 2014.

Interview Details – I took the computer test last week got emailed back the same week for a drug test and orientation and I had a interview that I think went well

Interview Question – How long did It take for u to find out if u got the job   Answer Question

City Career Assistant I Interview

Santa Ana, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at US Postal Service in March 2014.

Interview Details – My friend told me to apply for USPS job which he was hired a few months ago. So, I went USPS website to create my profile first, then searched openings and found there were a couple of different openings in southern California. I applied 3 different positions. I have to say that USPS have improved its hiring systems, and everything is electronic now.
Next day, I received an email inviting to take an assessment test online which is more of like personality and work situation and you can take it by yourself, and it took about an hour. You have to be yourself and honest to answer all the questions. Can't tell I passed or not but got another email in a few days inviting me to take a proctor test where you go online to choose a test center near you based on your address, and make an appointment. Now, note that it is important that you make an appointment only after you are sure about yourself to be ready and prepare for the test because it would give you only a week of time you take the online assessment test. I started studying right after I took the online test. There are a few books that would help you or one online site you can practice for it. For me, it really helped.
I went and took the 473E test. I passed and got score of 81.
In 2 days, I got emails coming in for interview, drug test, and background check. I went in for an interview in a week, and got hired right away. It is a part time job that you have to be available 7 days a week, and no benefits and pay is $15/hour but you probably get full time hours. They hired about 20 out of 35 came in for interview. They are really hiring!
Next day after the interview, we all went in for paperwork, finger prints, and photo taking plus they made sure our application were filled out completely, properly, and all the below requirements are met.
To be eligible to be hired, you have to be a green card holder or a citizen, no criminal records or felonies, have drove for at least 2 years before with a valid license and no accidents or tickets, and have to show them that you are fit enough to do the job, and sell yourself that you can do whatever it takes to perform the job.
I have heard that my friend who recommended me for this job, and another person working as a CCA, quit or was let go after their 3 months review because either they can't do their jobs and their super was not happy with their performance. You got to be very fit to walk 8 hours aday, 5-6 days a week carrying a bag of 30-35 lbs of mail in this weather.
I have started working out, walking with a heavy back pack to be ready for the job.
You should apply for this if you want a job and fit in the above requirements.
Hope this helps.
Good luck!

Interview Question – What do you see and think of the most important reason is for USPS future?
How do you handle customers who are upset and angry?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. You take it or leave it.

CCA Interview

CCA
New Orleans, LA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at US Postal Service in November 2013.

Interview Details – interview, drug testing, background check, orientation

Interview Question – why do you want to work for USPS   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – email with pay and orientation start date

PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview

PSE Mail Processing Clerk

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview Details – Its takes about 2 days for the whole interview process, and no felonies are required. Also you have to list if you were ever fired or terminated from a job and why.

Negotiation Details – Follow all the instructions that they tell you and no writing on your paperwork while the HR person is talking. No looking at your cell phone or texting and please do not wear jeans to the interview and no high heels. Dress in casual business attire.

Hartford, CT

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at US Postal Service in February 2014.

Interview Details – -Apply Online
-Take personality test online
-Take an exam at a testing center
The exam isn't very hard, there are great sources and practice test available on the web.
I believe if you score 80 or higher you are in good position. Vet preference will get you 10pts! (Very helpful)
-Scheduled for an interview
--Interview started out as group interview, then broke off into 1on1's
-Background check
-Schedule a drug test
-Receive conditional offer
-Print off about 20-30 pages, fill them out and bring them to postmaster or HR to sign their parts
-Orientation will start on a Monday.
--Depending on area, Two days of orientation, 3 days of carrier academy

Interview Question – What brings you to the post office? That was it, regular conversation from there.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview Details – Below is for an interview in SF area.

Applied two days after the position opened. Invited to take test 473, and got result immediately by email. About a week after the position closing day, They made you a phone call first and scheduled an interview, then got an email of instruction for an interview and attached package of documents to fill ahead. Make sure you fill everything, black ink is the best, and bring everything they ask in the email.

For the interview, you first would wait for somebodies to check your documents, if everything is ok, then you would wait for the 1to1 interview. Mostly they just explained the details of the position to see if you are able to do. Such as, very long hours working each day, 6 days per week, and good fit for carrying heavy bag. They also asked some interview questions, like those you can find in glassdoor. Just be prepared before you go, and relax, and answer their questions honestly.

A day after the interview, I got an email for drug test and another background check email. Just do what they sent you to do. I went right away to the drug test after I received the email. The medical facility sent the result immediately to USPS in front of me. After couple days, I got a phone call from them to invite me to an orientation, and within some hours I received conditional offer letter with two pages of medical questionnaire. They wanted you to print it out and email back to them, I did and I got their receipt respond within a day. This is how the process go from the begin til the end in the SF area.

Interview Question – How to deal with customer's complains.   Answer Question

PSE Clerk Interview

Lima, OH

I applied in-person - interviewed at US Postal Service in November 2012.

Interview Details – had to take a test which was to last 90 minutes on various questions testing comparing things, remembering things, memorizing things.

Interview Question – I think the most difficult thing for me was looking at a list of addresses and the associated route that they went with and then they disappeared and you had to look at the addresses and then assign them to the route they belonged to.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at US Postal Service