US Postal Service

2.0

CCA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service in November 2014.

I applied for the 473 Exam about a month ago and passed, I believe passing is a score of 70. Anyhow, I received an email from USPS 3 weeks later stating they would like to interview me for possible employment as a CCA; a position I applied for earlier! Prior to interview, they also sent me for urine test and had a background check performed. The interview was performed a few days later. Me and and about 29 other candidates showed up in a classroom like setting. The instructors stated the duties and wages of CCA, and what is expected from us. After giving out each of our pre filled applications the interviews began. Interviews are pretty simple, and have standard questions with some USPS situations. Interviewer was helpful, and beforehand told me this is easy and not to be nervous! After interview was over, followed up with head instuctor to see if all paperwork is in order while asking why should I be hired? After answering, instructor informed me to check email and spam for their answer. Also said might take few weeks, due to enourmous volume of applicants!

PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service in November 2014.

I applied on 10/2/2014, took my assessment on 10/8/2014 and I was invited to drugtest, interview and background check on 11/17/2014. I interviewed on 11/21/2014. The interview was pretty simple and straight to the point nothing to be nervous about!

Interview Questions
    • Do I think I can handle working in a manufacture like setting.   View Answer

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Venice, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Venice, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service in November 2014.

applied online, took test at some place scored 83.7, received email for interview after around 10 days, went there there was 6 other peoples there, filled out papers, watched 2 videos on how the job is, interviewed 1 by 1 basic questions, got recommended on spot , looked at my car if it can be used on basic needs, after 1 day received emails for drug test and background check, did it all finshed in 2 days ( thnxgiving was next day) finished all on fri and nothing from them yet still waiting today in Thursday (3 business days).
    how long it take to get respond?

Mail Processing Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at US Postal Service in November 2014.

Review process was quick, courteous, professional and laid back. Easy to understand, however, inefficient because multiple forms had to be completed with the same info on since none of their systems talk to each other. The job description was not completely clear. It should have been clearly stated that you would be required to lift a certain amount of weight. If you have any back issues or problems standing on your feet for long periods of time this probably is not the job for you. Overall, everyone was super helpful and polite during the entire process - from entrance to exit.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, it was a set rate for a seasonal job. However, the 'shifts' /hours worked does have to be negotiated and since it's for a short term position it's not clear that you'll get the hours that you desire. They do seem willing to work with people to get them the schedule they want.

City Carrier Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service in October 2014.

The process took 4 weeks to complete. After applying online and taking a personality and assessment test, I was required to go to an onsite testing center to take another assessment test (I think it is referred to as 473). They will provide you with dates and times available to test. The test is a series of comparison questions, questions about how to correctly fill out forms (detail questions), and a memory test. After taking the 473 test, I received an email about an hour or so later with a link to view my score (I believe you have to score 70 or higher to be considered). A day after receiving my score, I was sent another email to complete a background/driving history check. I had to print off the form and fax it back (you can also mail it back) after signing it. A couple days after faxing the consent form back, I was sent another email informing me of an interview time and date. I was asked to respond back if I planned to attend; if I could not attend, I would have had to reapply at a later date. There was no rescheduling.

The interview began as a group interview, however, no questions were asked. It was more like a briefing. There were about 6 managers there. The manager of the managers lead off by explaining what was going to be expected and what the job duties consisted of. About 4 other managers over specific locations followed him up. They reiterated what the original manager had said. Instead of informing you of the benefits of the position, they went over the negatives and were graphic (plan to walk 12 miles a day - regardless of weather conditions, expect to carry at least 30-35 pounds in your satchel and occasionally lift up to 50-75 pounds, plan to be bitten at least once by a dog [they did say they go through defensive training prior to sending you out and send you out with mace], plan to endure angry customers occasionally, etc.) After giving their spill, they gave everyone a chance to leave if they were no longer interested (no one in my group left). Once everyone had decided to stay, they took people in the order they had signed in for individual interviews.

The individual interview was not difficult. They go over your basic information again (name, phone number, address, SSN, etc.) then begin to ask you questions such as: Why do you want to work for the Post Office? Do you have customer service experience? Describe a time you had to deal with an irrate customer and how did you handle it? How long do you see yourself working here? Why should we hire you? Are you comfortable working with minimal supervision? Can you work between the hours of 6AM-7PM? Have you had any attendance problems previously? Do you foresee any attendance problems? Is there anything you'd like to tell me about yourself that could influence our hiring decision? -- Nothing difficult.

The following business day I received an email advising me I needed to take a drug test. It requires you to print off what they call an ePassport (it's a piece of paper that has your testing location, your information, and a barcode printed on it) to take to the drug testing center. The next day I took the drug test, but I believe you have up to 3 days to test. The testing center I went advised me my results would be sent within 24 hours from my testing time.

A couple days after taking the drug test, I received another email advising me I would have to come in for a medical assessment (again, they give you a specific time and date - no rescheduling). At the facility, they gave me a folder that included my application, my interview notes, and new hire forms. I had to fill out paperwork (the medical assessment which just asks whether you have any disabilities - if you do, you just list them, it also included W-4 form, and acknowledgement papers [they want you to sign you understand the job duties and verify your information is accurate]) and be fingerprinted. After everything is filled out, they will have a one-on-one with one of the workers to re-review everything and get your signature again, then they will set your start date with you and give you the location name and number you will be working at. They'll advise you to call the manager or supervisor of the location to arrange a time for you to come in - typically for a shadow day.

And from there you will be begin! Congrats!

No negotiation.

Sales/Service Distribution Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service.

After applying and taking test (which I scored an 85 on), I received an email like a month later to interview. It was a group interview then post masters came and did individual interviews. You were told if you would be recommended or not there on the spot. I was! The next day I went and did fingerprinting and paperwork. Also they send an email for you to complete background check and drug testing.

No negotiations

Distribution Clerk Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at US Postal Service.

Has little to do with the future in Post Office, how you work and reliability showing up on a daily basis has more to do with your job security. Purpose your life to be at the beck and call of the Postal Service and management will invite you into their circle and more hours devoted to making money will become available to that individual.

Interview Questions
    • Most jobs are between the hours of 10pm and 7am in the morn. Expect to work nights in order to make any money   Answer Question

City Carrier Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at US Postal Service.

Once got email for interview you've got the job if you driving abstract is clean. In interviewed informed me of responsibilities of job. Asked me if I could handle the job.The interview is more so informative than anything.

Interview Questions
    • none basic question why you wanna work for usps, do think you can handle job and etc.   View Answer
    $15.30/hr non negotiable

Distribution Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at US Postal Service.

Only had to take the test. No interview whatsoever but this was back in 1997. I can't write anything more because there was nothing more to it at that time. You take the exam and if you passed with a high enough score then you got a job.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked no questions, only had to pass a drug screen.   View Answer
    No negotiation. Only had to pick where and what shift I wanted.

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied in-person – interviewed at US Postal Service.

I applied about a month ago & was told to go take an online assessment. no need to study for you, just do the best you can. About a month later I recieved an email saying I had an interview. The interview was not really an interview. Multiple people were part of the interview. During the "interview", all the candidates were instructed to fill out tons of paperwork. within the paperwork there were typical interview questions to be answered but instead of answering out loud you were instructed to write your responses on the paper. Very laid back atmosphere

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an angry customer   View Answer
    No negotiation.