US Postal Service

Updated Dec 18, 2014
Updated Dec 18, 2014

2.0

City Carrier Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at US Postal Service.

Once got email for interview you've got the job if you driving abstract is clean. In interviewed informed me of responsibilities of job. Asked me if I could handle the job.The interview is more so informative than anything.

Interview Questions
    • none basic question why you wanna work for usps, do think you can handle job and etc.   View Answer
    $15.30/hr non negotiable

Postmaster Relief Worker Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service.

You have to get your fingerprints done and a background check is done by a company called GIS. Once you are going for interview, have to check to see if you can lift at least 50 lbs and need to have computer knowledge to do your close outs at end of day for all postage sales, money orders done and packages mailed out. Packages have to be scanned in steps of arrival, attempts to notify customer and delivery and the scanner docked to headquarters on daily intervals to keep track of all scans and tracking numbers. Lots of sorting and lifting. Sometimes will have to measure odd shaped packages and know international postage. Lots to remember. I suggest write everything down and keep in a binder to refer to later.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell a customer you can't get give them mail over the counter if they innocently forgot their key?   View Answer
    It was pretty much general on how every PM Relief Worker gets hired. No negotiating. It is set wages with government.

Mail Processing Clerk Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at US Postal Service.

I was hired on October 15,1998,16 years ago as a Mail Processing Clerk for the Mid-Island Processing & Distribution Center in Melville, The hiring process was handled properly and ran smoothly.All questions were answered by the Human Resources Department in a timely manner.I honestly don't remember much about the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't a difficult question in this interview.The question I remember most was .....Why do you want to work for the Postal Service?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation phase.

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service.

Mostly done through email and fax. Receive an email for pre-screening, then for interview, then drug test, and then employment offer. Training was over an hour away but was paid.

no negotiation

CCA Interview

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service.

Easy questions that don't require much thinking. Some job related questions and a lot of questions about working habits and what not. Unless you say something they don't want to hear, then you should be fine.

Interview Questions
    • Most employees go 10-15 years without calling in sick, could you live up to that expectation?   Answer Question
    None

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

Hi...I applied to several positions at the post office. I went to take the test and got at 83%. I live in new york but applied to positions in atlanta, ga. Based on the reviews i've read the email u pretty quickly. My question is being that i live in ny currently will the give me the opportunity to do an interview and training up here and in a few weeks transfer and work down there? Or will i just have to pick up and leave to go and do my interview and training down there?

PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service in October 2014.

The whole process from applying online to getting a job offer took 7 weeks. Sucks I'm only on for the Holidays but if evaluations are great we have the possibility of being extended longer for the position. During the mass interview paperwork are filled and someone from HR calls you over to make sure everything is done correctly from your online application, then you are called by a manager I believe or supervisor to do a one on one interview. General questions are ask not hard. I was able to make my interviewer laugh which was a good thing I think... as she just got off a graveyard shift.

-9/6/14 Applied online on USPS website
    -9/6/14 Scheduled to take the assessment at a test center location the same day I applied
    - 9/9/14 Took Assessment at a test Center
    -9/9/14 got my score that same evening via email.

fast forward a month

-10/8/14 Received a email for invite to interview (CAN NOT change interview date/time)
    -10/15/14 Mass Interview with 50 other applicants. Process took about 4 hours.
    - 10/24/14 Received a call at 9:30am to come in at 1pm the same day to complete more paperwork w-4, finger print, picture done for badge. I received a conditional offer for the Holiday.

future dates
    - 11/15/14 Orientation then start Work a few days later!

Interview Questions
    • no hard questions. Have you done physical work before?
      how do you react with a difficult co worker?
      did you get along with your supervisor?
      are you flexible since holidays we will possibly have you work 6 days a week 10+ hours a day?
      describe and explain how you handle difficult situations.

Answer Question
    No Negotiation...it is a set hourly salary for everyone

City Carrier Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at US Postal Service.

Process took about a month an a half
    First u take the test than you apply for the job u hear nothing from them for two weeks, they send an email to you requesting information about your driving record etc. then u wait another two week they will invite you to an interview depending if you met the requirements when going for an interview arrive atleast 30 mins early, first come first interviewed type of thing they talk to you for about 30 mins den you make sure all your paper work is filled out properly, questions were pretty simple basic, they ask bout customer service, how would you act with an irate customer, previous job attendance, are you willing to come to work in a short notice etc pretty basic question couple of days later you get a package of paper work if you passed the interview and choose your station

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service.

Apply online, new postings almost everyday. Create a profile (your application) then you can apply to as many positions as you like without doing the process repeatedly. You will be given a list of testing site locations and dates to take test. Watch out for scams of a book in which you are to study by for the test, no book is needed for is fairly simple. In a week max I believe, your test scores will be available. Veterans get extra points, if your score is high enough you will be in the running for an interview. If not satisfactory most places should email you notifying you that you weren't selected.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think you will be able to walk up to 12 miles and carry up to 15lbs for some time.   Answer Question
    As far as pay, no negotiation as far as I know the base pay is set for all newcomers.

PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service in October 2014.

The entire process took a month. I applied on 9/30 and I'm scheduled for orientation on 11/15. First I had to take an onsite exam...scored a 83.5, then I had to attend a group meeting (interview) there were about 35 people in the meeting. We just went over the job description and filled out paperwork. Later on that day I received an email to go take a drug test and I had to fax a form for a background check. This position is only seasonal...they did state that out of the 80 people they hire, 10 will receive a more permanent position. It will all be based on your exam score....exam score = seniority(the higher you score, the more seniority you have)...Pay is 15.26/hourly (in my state)

No negotiation