US Postal Service Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015
Updated Mar 25, 2015

2.0

CCA (City Carrier Assistant) Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at US Postal Service.

Whole process is a bit long. I applied the first week in Nov., took the assessment about a week or 2 later & passed. Almost a month after that I received my email for drug screen/background check which I also passed. A few weeks after that got the email for the interview. The interview was very pleasant, the PM I interviewed with was very nice and made me feel welcome and a lot less nervous. The interview is pretty straight forward they just want to make sure this is something you really want to do because it requires A LOT OF PHYSICAL STRAIN! Many people quit because they can't handle the amount of physical activity and the fact that 95% of the time you'll probably be working 7 days a week. My interview was more of a conversation than a lot of questioning which was pretty nice.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question to me was "How would you deal with a manager who was constantly on your case about your work performance?"   Answer Question
    Pay rate is set. $15.30 hourly

PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview

The hiring process was a breeze. I've already worked for USPS, so I was only a phone call away. The only thing that I was required to do was complete the paperwork for the new position.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to work with multiple supervisors   View Answer

PSE Clerk Interview

First you apply on-line. Than they will send you an invite to the exam. The exam is straight forward computer based. If you score decent 75 or better they will call you for an interview. The interview is a few questions. The ones I was asked is Why do you want to work here. How long have you been considering a job at the Post Office. Do early morning hours bother you.

None 15.63 an hour no benefits.

Casual Mail Handler Interview

You're corralled into a big room like a bunch of cattle where someone gives a presentation to the group telling everyone the details of the job then you're called up for a one-on-one interview where everyone in the room can hear all the intimate and VERY juicy details of every other applicant's life. Doesn't that sound like fun?! Well not for the people who were immediately shown the door, on the spot, in front of the entire crowd because they were deemed unworthy for one reason or another or tried to negotiate their schedule.

We were called up in the order in which we showed up. I'm glad I was one of the last to enter the room (even though I did show up half an hour early) because that gave a competitive advantage being able to hear what questions were being asked and observing where others went horribly wrong and committed epic blunders of chernobyl proportions.

Are you kidding me? You don't negotiate. The government owns you and then sells you off into slave labor. You get what they give you and you'll be happy with it or else. (Or else they might put you in some concentration camp somewhere and give you even less.)

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service.

Long and pointless waste of time and money . They were rude while coming to interview. I was asked about my personal life which I thought was strange. Overall I would not work for this company

Interview Questions

I didn't think the job was for me at this time

Rca Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service.

Take the test and pass with highest score possible. Interview was slightly generic. Hiring seemed solely based on test score. They want to make sure you have the ability to work quickly and accurately.

None

City Carrier Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service.

Filled out online application which included the personality test. One week later took the postal exam with a score of 82.5 One week later I received a call for an interview. Nothing out of the ordinary was asked. I believe it went well. A few days later I was sent an email to have a drug test and background check. These both are stated to have them done in 3 days. I did that yesterday. I did not hear back yet but it is still soon. I believe there is still a driving test and physical to go.

Interview Questions
    • If 2 supervisors asked me to do 2 different things how would I handle it.   Answer Question

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service in January 2015.

After passing the postal exam (84), maybe a week or two later, I got an email from the Postmaster about when to report to him for an interview. Met with the Postmaster briefly to discuss the position. Mostly he just went over the routes available (only as a fill-in) and was I interested. One of the routes had a right-hand drive vehicle associated with it, so I said I'd need to take that route since I can't use my car to deliver mail (no way to right-hand drive it). Filled out more paperwork and then a few days later, I got an email to submit paperwork for a background check and then report to a facility for a urinalysis. A couple weeks after that I got an email saying to report to the main post office where they do training. I sat through the first day of training. Then when the trainer started talking about us needing to bring our vehicles for inspection, etc., I pointed out that I can't use my vehicle for delivery and my route is supposed to have a vehicle associated with it. He got really irritated and made it quite clear that rural carrier associates MUST provide their own vehicles. I then emailed the postmaster to clarify and he confirmed that if I don't have my own vehicle, he can't use me. The end. So why the HECK wasn't this made more clear at the onset? What's the chances that a regular person is going to have a right-hand drive vehicle at all in this country? PLUS as a rural carrier associate, you only work maybe 2-4 days a month, so why would you go buy a special vehicle just for a couple days a month? Plus in training, the instructor made it clear that as an RCA, you can't apply for a regular position for at least a year and it goes by seniority, so if anybody else in that post office wants the job, they'll get it before you will. Overall, seemed to be a waste of time. At least they paid me for the day I spent in training.

Interview Questions
    • It's only a few days a month, do you still want this position?   Answer Question

Rca Interview

Took 473 received 82.9, 2applicafions in pre-screening, 7 on hiring list. Received email for interview first time was group interview with about 80 people, second interview there were 4 of us.

Interview Questions
    • Can you work outdoors in all weather types   View Answer

Rural Carrier Associate USPS Interview

took 3 weeks, the test was easy passed with an 82 without studying, they called you in a group and later was taken by yourself to a room to make an offer.