US Postal Service

Updated Jan 20, 2015
Updated Jan 20, 2015

2.0

Rca Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service in December 2014.

the interview was a joke the main thing that they wanted to know was if you where avialable 7 days even though they are only going to give you 1 day.

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service in December 2014.

I applied to work on Indeed.com which linked me to the USPS application website where you have to create an online profile and then do an online assessment test. After you do the assessment test, you have to schedule to take the exam at a testing center near you. It is a very easy website to use and the directions are very clear too. All the important information will also be sent to your email. Usually the test date can be scheduled for the next day or the following days. Once you take the test, the score will almost immediately be sent to your email and the waiting game begins. I have read multiple feeds that people have waited weeks and even months for the USPS to contact them after their test scored came in. For me personally it was a week since I got called for an interview for the following week. Went to the interview and filled out a lot of paperwork, the postmaster showed me around. It's a very small office compared to others. The town only has about an eight thousand population. The interview lasted about an hour. In general it was simply a conversation about the USPS and how, if selected, the process would proceed. Also an in depth explanation of the job, and the workplace. At the end of the interview, she gave me a sheet of paper that explained the procedure if selected for the position. After the interview all communication would be by email. The sheet of paper that was given to me had the step by step process of what to do if you were called. So after just a few days, the postmaster gave me a call and told me she was going to put my name forward. So now I had to follow those steps on that sheet of paper since I was selected. The steps were signing a background check authorization, a drug test that had to be done at a local hospital or medical center, and if that went well a final medical assessment. So after I scheduled the drug test and faxed the background check authorization, I received an email with instructions on how to fill out the medical assessment and when that was sent back (usually scanned) I got a call to attend orientation, which in my case was the week after. I had an interview Dec 26 2014, and orientation began January 12 2015. After two days of orientation I became a USPS subject matter expert. Things I never knew or thought about the USPS that I now know, for example that mail is still delivered by mules. In general, work ethic, regulations and safety is what is mostly talked about while at orientation. I now personally have to continue training next Thursday in Boston, and then go onto the Rural Carrier Academy the following week for three days. After that, I am still unaware of the schedule but will most likely be scheduled in additional day for the driving test. Once that happens I assume that I will start at the station I applied to. All in all, the process will take just a little over a month, however I am excited about the potential the USPS has to offer.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult part was trying to capture everything the postmaster was telling me without getting confused, since being a carrier isn't just hopping onto a truck and delivering mail. There's a whole process in the background that seems like it takes a lot of work.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiations as I knew what the position covered at the interview, and also the fact that the USPS hires new people in a certain way.

PSE Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service in December 2014.

Applied Dec 1st 2014.....got an interview on the 23rd......ten people were invited to the interview....I was number 2 out of 10 for my test score (82.9) plus the ten point for my military disability. Got an email the next day for a drug test. I then received a call on 8 Jan 15 to come in as I was being hired. Start on the 12....

Interview Questions
    • only had a few question...standard " what would you do with an upset customer"   View Answer
    NONE...knew the offer when interviewed.

CCA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service in October 2014.

i applied online and instantly got the link to take exam 473. the 1st part was done online just personality questions...then after that i got to schedule the 2nd part of test at a testing site. went the next day and took the test which was address matching, memory, and forms. instantly got passing score of 83 and didnt hear anything for 10 days. received email for interview. couldnt reschedule interview, not that i needed too, and had to call local number to confirm attendance. after confirmation the next day received email for drug test and background drivers check and local background criminal check. took drug test and faxed back consent for background the day b4 interview. went to interview and over 50 people showed up. went into a room where they explained job, which many people left after hearing the details. had a one on one interview and it went well. next filled out more paperwork and they took copies of ss card and dl. that was 3 days ago. after that i received another interview invite for a different location. im going to that one as well. still waiting for more info from the 1st one.

Interview Questions
    • how would you handle an irate customer?   View Answer

CCA Interview

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service.

sat in a room with 35-45 other ppl. a women spoke about yhe position and what to expect. then watched a info video of the postion. we then filled out extra paper work. interviewed afterwards. the process took about 3 hrs.

PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview

1.You must go online and fill out your profile. 2. Apply for a position of your liking. 3. Complete initial questionnaire. 4. Set up date and time to go do a proctored exam at a local location. 5. Receive your test scores within the next 34 hours, usually within 15 minutes you will receive and email to log on and view scores. 6. Wait for an interview by watching the status of your application.

Mail Carrier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmond, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmond, OK

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service.

I have no complaints on that process. I took the exam then I applied online then they called me then I got the job had to take a drug test a driving test and take a class and pass it too.

Their was no negotiating.

City Carrier Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service.

First you apply online, then you wait for unspecified amount of time until you get an email. Most of communications is done via Email for the job, so make sure you check it often. The following email can come at anytime, mine took a few weeks, depending on if they need people at the time. Currently they are hiring. Once you get a confirmation email, it entails you to take an assessment test for the position, its very easy. It requires you to see if your able to read addresses on mail properly and if your able to see and memorize mistakes. Again, easy. You get your results back after a week or so, if your in a certain high percentile, you'll get a call first than ones who score less. You schedule an interview and go from there.

Interview: Basic interview scenarios, I have been to a few interviews, they either played out like I was question thoroughly, or they asked but they were constantly writing, meaning pretty much that they're already giving you the job but need to ask as a formality.

Casual Mail Handler Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview was a group interview and was quick. I just walked in with several other people and filled out some paperwork. Had a short 2 minute interview, filled out consent for background check, finger printed, and consent for drug testing.

PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service.

Went to the interview were their was another person interviewing. Post master was late doing g the interview. Easy questions although I thought that a position of mail clerk didn't have to deliver mail I was wrong.