US Postal Service Interview Questions

Updated Aug 2, 2015

2.0

I Interviewed for CCA With USPS Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service in June 2015.

Interview

The hiring process took about 6.5 weeks. It's 2 tests, 3 background checks (security, driving record, and criminal), drug screening, interview, conditional job offer w/ forms and medical assesment, and, if all checks out, an actual job offer is made via phone call and orientation/start date is given along with the hiring location.

Interview Questions

• What would your current employer say about your attendance?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Operations Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrifield, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service (Merrifield, VA).

Interview

Face-to-face interview with 3 managers. Some "quiz-like" questions were asked and also a discussion of prior experiences and relevant projects. Each interview was specific to the manager's own style so individual questions and interests in factors important for the position varied with their purview of responsibility. The interviews overall were very straight-forward and direct; no real curveballs.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you've applied skills relating to programming, simulation and modeling, and statistical analyses.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service (Baltimore, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

It was easy they ask you do you know anything about the job,are you OK with working outside in different types of weather, they ask about your work history and what can you contribute to being a USPS employee

Interview Questions

• If a post master ask you to do something then your boss ask you to do something who should yu listen too   Answer Question

PSE Processing Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at US Postal Service (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online 5/27 on 6/2 I received a email invited me for a interview on 6/10 and bring in the forms attached to the email. Once I got into the room she went over the job description and the application. I got called in for the interview which was about 5 to 10 minutes. Then she said you should be called in by your test score I got a 83.40. Now I'm just waiting to here back

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at US Postal Service (Tallahassee, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

It have been a month since I started my hiring process. Two days ago I took my drug test and submitted my background check!!! I wonder how long should it take for it to comeback??? Overall the interview questions was cake, very easy. The interviewer was basically letting you know what they expect!! At the group interview they basically tried to scare ppl away with what you will be doing on the job!!! Please don't be weak minded and give up based on a discription!!!

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work long hours and multiple days consecutive sometimes a full week??   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Griffin, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service (Griffin, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

So far I'm in the 4th week of the hiring process. I applied online 5/21/15. I had already taken the 473 exam previously, so I did not receive an email stating I had to again. On 6/8/15, I received an email for an invite to interview. I attended the interview 6/11/15. The interview consisted of a group presentation in which we were given a description of job. The HR Rep told us some locations required the use of our own vehicle and we were only guaranteeed one day out the week (normally a Saturday). She told everyone the disqualifiers of the position and stated if anyone wanted to leave they could after the presentation. Nevertheless, out of a group of over 50 people, over half left. Everyone was then called one by one for an interview. Interviews lasted no more than 3-5 minutes. questions were very typical and easy to answer. After the interview, we were told to wait for processing. Processing consisted of going over paperwork and choosing location preferences. The HR Rep made me feel very confident that I already had the job before leaving. I was told to watch out for email regarding the next steps (criminal background check and drug testing). Currently this is where I stand in the hiring process. Awaiting email!

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with customers?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had to deal with an angry customer? If so, how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • When you make a mistake, howvdonuou handle it?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever held a position where safety was important?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had to reach a goal that required others completing a task before beginning yours?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at US Postal Service (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

The hiring and interview can take a bit of time to complete, very detailed and thorough all common sense and reasonable. Just think if you were hiring someone; what would you like that person to be like. Just make sure you dress professional be it for this job or any job you try for,trust me first impressions are very valuable,and dont ask about benefits or talk about pay during the interview ,they are trying to find out who you are and are not there to talk about benefits. Eye contact and a firm hand shake go a long way and say a lot about you. and always be on time they take that very seriously.

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service (Colorado Springs, CO).

Interview

I applied online via Indeed.com posting, about a week letter I received an e-mail asking for me to take an online personality assessment test. Once I completed the assessment test I received another e-mail about 10-15 mins later. I Was then invited to take the 473 exam. I scheduled the test about a week out. I took the test it take about an hour (test is done via computer). As soon as I left the test site I received another e-mail stating that I received an 85.6% on the test....so it was a happy drive home. Its been about 3 days now since I have taken the test and I haven't heard back from the Post Office. I will update this once I hear more. Side note - is a 85.6% high enough to get hired?

CCA Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

Applied online. Took exam, drug screening, criminal background check, and had one on one interview.I am still currently waiting for a response either way, whether I am denied or if I will be getting an offer for the CCA position that I applied for.

CCA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

Interview was simple and lasted a few minutes. They asked basic questions that were read off a sheet of paper. The person that interviewed me was very fun and happy which made it a very pleasant experience. All in all it was the easiest interview I've ever had. It was more like a meet and greet.