US Postal Service Interview Questions

Updated Aug 2, 2015

2.0

Part Time Temp Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at US Postal Service (South Bend, IN).

Interview

No matter what your test scores are or how much higher a person is rated in their interview or even who completed the training successfully FIRST, veterans always receive the first available positions. Your question, Did you receive an offer, does not require a yes or no answer. You go on a list, do the training, and then Get contacted according to how quickly you successfully completed the training but only after the veterans.

City Carrier Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service in May 2015.

Interview

Interviewer very professional, asked questions off a form...approx 10 questions....the form also includes online application I filled out initially. Interview went well, stressed being able to carry 35 lbs the majority of the work day and compared my previous job to cca physical demands. Interview went well and he recommended me for CJO. Before I left interview site HR Sup. gave me forms and appt for following week at HR site. Paperwork explained CJO conditional meeting drug screen, background check/ finger printing/dmv record/employment ver. And medical assessment. Does anyone know what the medical assessment includes??

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience as part of a team, contributions made. Use of computers?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for USPS?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service (Portland, OR).

Interview

It was condensed, rushed. All the successful test takers were invited to be interviewed. There was about 60 people in the group I was in. After about 30 minutes of introductory speeches, we were assigned to be interviewed by a manager which took me less than 10 minutes to complete.

Interview Questions

• About a dozen questions, mostly asking applicant about himself or herself in general and a couple of questions about what the applicant would do in a specific situation.   1 Answer

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

DO NOT APPLY FOR A JOB HERE!! I applied for a City Carrier position back in Feb and they had me take a drug test and paid for a background check. A few weeks later, they said I was no longer eligible because I have 1 speeding ticket on my MVR. I got an email yesterday saying I was being invited to attend a group interview next week. I emailed the procurement lady back to see if they had changed their minds on my status. She sends an unprofessional response "In error sorry". Every email she sent me over the month process of recruitment was poorly typed. Apparently the postal service doesn't require employees to have professional typing and grammar skills. She doesn't deserve to be in her position and isn't representing the postal service very well. They won't give me an interview because of 1 speeding ticket, and she has an administrative position with bad grammar and typing? Really? Unbelievable!

City Carrier Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service in May 2015.

Interview

Completed the application on line and received a link to schedule the 473 exam. My test date was scheduled for March 25th. Once I took the exam I received my scores by email by the time i walked out of the building. I waited over a moth and received an email for a interview, May 5th. There were about 50+ people there. Try to get there a little early because its a 1st come first interview. We went over paper work of our application and any completed additional forms. I was there maybe 3 hrs. May 6th, I received 2 links to take the drug test and back ground check /dmv check. You have 3 days to get this done. May 16th I received an email for the 2nd interview. There were only about 20 people there based on how many people were in the 1st interview. The 2nd interview wasn't really an interview, you basically were offered the job. We completed w2 forms and finger printing and received the letter for the start date for the paid week long orientation. It was mentioned when attending orientation there will be a test for driving the postal vehicle and you must pass it successfully to move forward for this position. good luck...hope this helps

Negotiation

No Negotiation

PSE Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willoughby Hills, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service (Willoughby Hills, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

When I arrived the only thing I didn't like was that I had to stand in line to notify someone I was there . Thank god I came early. The line was to the door, and people were actually leaving. The only thing that was going through my mind was, I can't wait to start because these people really need some help.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was very easy

PSE Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

I waited outside in the lobby and called my hiring contact to walk me through the secured building. There were three of us waiting. We were given a brief tour of the facility. We were led into a conference room where we filled out paperwork documenting the last five years of our residency. I waited in the conference room until I was called up for my interview. They walked me into another room for my one on one interview. It was a very easy going process. They verified my background, asked a few generic interview questions, and asked my shift preference. Then I was sent to another room where I got fingerprinted and then another room where I got my photo taken for an ID card. I was a bit confused on whether or not I had gotten the job because they did not directly say it, but after they asked me which day I was available for orientation, I knew I had gotten the job.

Nyc Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Easy very easy basically simply question about your self and why would you want to work for the postal Office . What can you bring to the table and how well you get along with other employees

Rural Carrier Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service in May 2015.

Interview

I applied at 3 different Post Offices in one county. Interview at the first was a joke. She asked me 3 questions, then told me she had already mede the decision but didn't want me to miss out on the chance to see what the process was like. She then kicked me out. 2nd was easy, interviewer was great. Asked me the same questions but asked friendly questions like "tell me about yourself and Why do you want to work here" He have me a tour and showed me the "casing" process. The next day he called me to come back to meet with the postmaster. She must have vetoed his vote because I was not offered a position there. I was geographically undesirable. He referred me to office #3. It was just a meet and greet. She said I interviewed so well at office #2 so there was no need to ask the generic questions. I received a conditional offer 2 days later (today) the email offer had a medical questionnaire to fill out. Very silly if you ask me: Am I missing any limbs, Can I see and hear. 2 hours later I had the official offer with orientation schedule. I start 6/8/15. No compensation discussed though. Waiting for HR to reply to my question. P.S. I do not need my own car. One is provided for me. I was told using your car is more of a Midwest to East Coast thing.

Interview Questions

• Can you lift 60 lbs?   1 Answer
    • How many days of work did you miss in the last year?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None. No one has discussed compensation yet. I am waiting for that info. I must have been overlooked.

PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service (Peoria, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Mass interview, 10 people total. we filled out paper work and then did fingerprints, got a tour of the building then did 1 on 1 interviews with the plant manager. The interviews where very quick and informal. i was scared I didnt get the job because it was actually so quick, hopefully i get an email soon. starting pay was about 15.63 here in Illinois.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle standing up for 8 hrs?   2 Answers