US Postal Service Interview Questions

Updated May 31, 2015

2.0

Rca Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulare, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at US Postal Service (Tulare, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online and took a personality test. After that I took the 473. Passed with a score of 86. Interviewed a couple weeks later. There was about 40 people getting interviewed. Seems like they interview those with higher scores first. I didnt feel like it was much of a interview. It was more of them describing the job and seeing if I was still interested

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation with an angry customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process is pretty basic. They didn't ask me anything that I haven't been asked before. I filled out the online application and they invite you to do an exam. Based on the results they determine your eligibility. They have you do a drug test and they do a background check. Once you do your interview they invite you to do your medical exam. Once that is complete then they offer you a position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was short , I verified paper work and answered questions , the lady was very nice. She gave me tips on the job. She told me to check my email.

Operations Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at US Postal Service (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received an email for a onsite interview a couple of months later. Interviewed with three people who rotated asking me questions. Asked me questions about past experiences/ education and some technical questions. Interview lasted 45 minutes to an hour and was followed by a half hour tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• Asked about strengths, weaknesses, how you would react in certain situations. Asked about facility layout and operations experience   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

I applied online for the position. After passing an online exam, I scheduled myself to take the 473 exam. My combined exam score was over an 84. I waited for about a month before I was contacted for an interview. The interview was done in a group. They first gave us a tour of the post office and explained the duties of the job. They then interviewed us one-on-one in order of our test scores with the highest scoring going first (I was the second person they interviewed). They asked standard interview questions. I was then called a couple weeks later and told they had two openings and was asked if I was still interested. I said yes. They emailed me paperwork so they could conduct a background check and drug test. And, that's as far as I have gotten in the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the US Post Office?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Coopersburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service (Coopersburg, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I got through exam procedure in a few days including online test. And I got an email that I was invited to a interview from one of offices I applied a few weeks later.
    Overall interview was easy, not tense. There are no tricky questions, only behavioral questions in a situation with customers and coworkers. The manager kept saying that the interview questions are not important but just procedures.
    They really need me use my own vehicle for delivery, and that was the point I hesitated. They say I would need mini vans or SUVs since I have to sit on passenger seat with mails on driver seat. That was a problem for me. The manager noticed a problem from my face, but he said that I can consider getting a suitable car after being chosen.

CCA Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

the is interview was real easy, the interviewer just gave info about the positions. I did get offer the position still waiting on my start date. this really a long process. I file out the app on line in December I received an email for an interview 2 week later. one week letter I received a email to take my drug test, then one week later a received a email to offer me the job

Interview Questions

• They really did not me any question because I did work for the company already so I know what the position was all about   Answer Question

City Carrier Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

I applied, was sent the personality assessment, was then invited to take the postal exam, after about 2 weeks I was invited to interview and had to wrangle up all of my driving records from the states I lived in for the last 5 years. I had 4. I spent a lot of money using office max's fax machine.
    I went to the interview and there were about 6 other people there. I was 20 minutes early, but felt late. I waited for hours. When I was called back she didn't like my criminal history, I had to write a statement explaining each situation and then she said I needed to get her a court docket to prove the most recent case was closed. Despite all of that she said she would recommend me for the job. The docket took another week to get. I was asked to drug test and did.
    While waiting for the docket, I was invited to interview for the same position, but a different location. When I finished that interview I sent the First Lady my court docket. She called me angry, said that she found out I interviewed somewhere else asked me which job I preferred and then gave me a verbal offer when I said I preferred whoever would hire me first. As soon as I got off the phone with her I was called by the second lady who interviewed me and she asked why I switched back to my first preference.
    I felt jerked around without any job offer in writing. Not very professional.

Rca Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Severna Park, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at US Postal Service (Severna Park, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online, then was taken to a screen to schedule for the test, took test got my score almost as soon as I was done. Then I was a little over a month before I received a call for an interview, which was plessant, she told me i was the only one who showed, so it wssnt a group interview, it was myself and two postmasters. All the questions they asked were pre written and they wrote my responses down next to the questions. At the end I was told to watch out for emails regarding background and drug testing...which is where I'm at now about 5 days later I received an email to do a background which was completed online, but no email for a drug screen, so I'm guessing that email will follow? My status online went from In Process, Hiring List to now Pre Screening.....its a long waiting game....

Interview Questions

• How you ever been in a conflict with one of your supervisors? And if so how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you are in the market for this type of job, be prepared to wait, and check your email often, you are lucky if you get fast results, its s long drawn out process!!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, SD

Application

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service (Watertown, SD) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied 2/25/2015 for a Relief position. It was a little slow moving and it felt like they weren't prepared for the screening in our rural area (wanted me to test in a location almost 4 hours away and then wanted me to complete the drug screening almost 2 hours away). After those wrinkles were worked out it was mid March. I interviewed with the PMO 3/24/15. During the tour of the facility she was asked by another carrier if she was hiring me?! "Yes". I was thrilled and excited. She then took me back to her office and congratulated me, telling me to watch my email as I would be getting several emails....4/2/15 and STILL NO EMAILS. My status has changed to pre-hire list but, I guess I should be patient since she said it would be at least another 3 weeks before I could get going. Here's hoping!!!!

UPDATE 4/6 My status changed to Offer Phase (EXT) and I received several emails one offering me the position; a conditional offer and another asking me to accept the offer and complete my W4 online. SO EXCITED!!!