US Postal Service

2.0

PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service in October 2014.

You have to follow a bunch of steps like faxing a form, urine test, computer exam, background check, fingerprint card. The actual interview was like a cattle call, very quick and basic questions like why do you want the job, nothing hard. They seem to want to hire as many ppl as possible because like 80% quit or get fired on the job.

Interview Questions
    • nothing other than keeping track of all the steps you have to complete to progress to hiring. I think those steps are meant to measure your ability to follow directions and not question authority. Also the computer exam facility was extremely hard to find. Probably to measure your tenacity!   Answer Question
    no negotiation, the wage and schedule is set by them. In fact if you try to negotiate a schedule they will probably pass on you. They hold the cards in the deal, and you better be willing to accommodate them or you're out.

PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Holiday Term) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service in October 2014.

Test, drug test, HR calls to see if you are still interested in position, one on one interview and fill out employment paperwork. You get your offer letter and orientation info at one on one interview.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Pay rate is set the same for everyone.

City Carrier Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service in October 2014.

I first applied online and then had to take an online personality assessment. After that I had one week to schedule and take a proctored assessment at a testing site which I did. You do NOT need to pay for any "practice packages" you might find offered online. They inform you of what each of the three sections of the test are like and the test is pretty straight forward and easy besides the last part which is memorization. But still, I think it'd be pretty difficult to actually fail. After I passed both those I received an email inviting me in for a group interview. Only two other people showed up and it lasted 1.5 hours and consisted of an interviewer and supervisor going over the details of the position and what will happen next in the process. The day of the interview, I received two emails. One was giving information for a background and driving check/history and the other was to set up a drug screening test. After the interview, I immediately drove and did the drug test and before I went into the interview I gave all the information needed for the background check and driving history. Two days later I received an email informing me that my drug test and background check all cleared and I was conditionally offered the job. I need to go in to fill out paperwork and get medically cleared and then they can officially offer me the job. Just a heads up, this is a low end job. You make good money but you're basically a sub-in for other people. And my specific position was a walking position. They cannot guarantee you ANY hours per week and you're basically "on-call" seven days a week. They make it clear that if you take this job, THEY are you're only and number one priority and if called, you better get in and show up, no if's, and's, or but's.

Interview Questions
    • They literally did not ask any of us any questions besides pausing every now and then to make sure we were all still interested in the position.   Answer Question

It pays well but I need a job that I can count on getting so many hours per week and more of a set schedule.

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service in October 2014.

I took the test on 10/1/14, applied for a job as cca. Two days later i received two emails one to do a background check and the other was an invitation for a interview which was for two weeks later, on the 10/16. The interview was easy first they tell you everything about the job then the one on one. Altogether took about two hrs. A wk later ( today) i received an email to do the drug test. Im assuming after that comes orientation not sure. Im still waiting.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for usps?
      Tell me about your last job
      Will you be available 7 days a week?
      Do you have a car? And do you mind using it for the job?

Answer Question
    No negotiation. The pay is $15.30

PTF Clerk Interview

They haven't hired for this position in years, so I can't tell anyone when they will. In the past you had to take a test first and then you would be interviewed based on your score.

CCA Or City Carrier Assistant Interview

I applied online, received an email the following day to take 473 exam. Took the exam 5 days later, scored 81.5. After I completed the exam I was emailed two weeks later with a scheduled interview date. In that time, I was emailed info in regards to the background check and drug test. In a nutshell, it was all a matter of a months timeframe where everything happened. Next step is excepting the position and in processing.

No negotiations, You received a letter stating what you will and will not receive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service in October 2014.

I took a 473 exam in August and passed. After 4 weeks, got background request email which i sent back same day.2 weeks later I got email to attend interview on October 16 which was today. They gave us paper work to fill out and watched 2 videos explaining the duties of a cca. after that came the one one one interview. why do you want to work as a CCA? My interviewer pulled out my application and let me fill and sign some parts.of it. She took copies of my driver license and SS, At the end the Postmaster told me i will be receiving email shortly.I am in the waiting

No negotiation. 15.30/hour

PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service in October 2014.

Has anyone done the medical assessment for this position? What did it consist of?
    I went to the interview, did the process of filling out all paper work and now have to do the medical assessment and finger printing before the orientation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service in October 2014.

After taking the postal exam a week later i was called in for a interview and emailed a 10 page form to fill out. When i got there, 7 other people were waiting to get their forms checked over and filled out, most had problems with some parts of the forms. After checking in 20 minutes later a interview with a few questions about your reactions to various issues you may have at work, such as confrontations and drama etc. The job was explained to be a temporary 1 year hire, and repeat if you proved to be a good worker etc.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was explain a problem or issue dealing with customer in my own work history.   Answer Question

PSE Sales & Service Distribution Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Took about 2 weeks to get an interview and I'm now in the process of doing a background check and a drug test. It was a lengthy interview session, started from 8am and ended (for me) around 12pm. When they said it may take 4-8hrs to be completed, they weren't joking. First they spend about 2hours going over the duties of the position, what is expected, you get the chance to correct your online app and then sign them. It was about 16 of us and they call you 2 by 2 in another room for the official interview which lasted about another half hour. After you sit with the interviewer you sit with a supervisor to convince her why they should hire you.

Interview Questions
    • they ask mostly about conflicts and how you would handle them, what is world class customer service, what does being on time mean and about products and services offered by USPS.   Answer Question