US Postal Service

Updated Feb 26, 2015
Updated Feb 26, 2015

2.0

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service in December 2014.

I applied to work on Indeed.com which linked me to the USPS application website where you have to create an online profile and then do an online assessment test. After you do the assessment test, you have to schedule to take the exam at a testing center near you. It is a very easy website to use and the directions are very clear too. All the important information will also be sent to your email. Usually the test date can be scheduled for the next day or the following days. Once you take the test, the score will almost immediately be sent to your email and the waiting game begins. I have read multiple feeds that people have waited weeks and even months for the USPS to contact them after their test scored came in. For me personally it was a week since I got called for an interview for the following week. Went to the interview and filled out a lot of paperwork, the postmaster showed me around. It's a very small office compared to others. The town only has about an eight thousand population. The interview lasted about an hour. In general it was simply a conversation about the USPS and how, if selected, the process would proceed. Also an in depth explanation of the job, and the workplace. At the end of the interview, she gave me a sheet of paper that explained the procedure if selected for the position. After the interview all communication would be by email. The sheet of paper that was given to me had the step by step process of what to do if you were called. So after just a few days, the postmaster gave me a call and told me she was going to put my name forward. So now I had to follow those steps on that sheet of paper since I was selected. The steps were signing a background check authorization, a drug test that had to be done at a local hospital or medical center, and if that went well a final medical assessment. So after I scheduled the drug test and faxed the background check authorization, I received an email with instructions on how to fill out the medical assessment and when that was sent back (usually scanned) I got a call to attend orientation, which in my case was the week after. I had an interview Dec 26 2014, and orientation began January 12 2015. After two days of orientation I became a USPS subject matter expert. Things I never knew or thought about the USPS that I now know, for example that mail is still delivered by mules. In general, work ethic, regulations and safety is what is mostly talked about while at orientation. I now personally have to continue training next Thursday in Boston, and then go onto the Rural Carrier Academy the following week for three days. After that, I am still unaware of the schedule but will most likely be scheduled in additional day for the driving test. Once that happens I assume that I will start at the station I applied to. All in all, the process will take just a little over a month, however I am excited about the potential the USPS has to offer.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult part was trying to capture everything the postmaster was telling me without getting confused, since being a carrier isn't just hopping onto a truck and delivering mail. There's a whole process in the background that seems like it takes a lot of work.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiations as I knew what the position covered at the interview, and also the fact that the USPS hires new people in a certain way.

I Was Interviewing for Cca Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at US Postal Service.

Not really an interview but just filling out paperwork if you had 2 checks on your file than you know you got hired. You just need a good background and clean drug test

No negotiations

PSE Custodian Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at US Postal Service in December 2014.

After taking the exam received an e-mail within a couple of weeks for an interview. At the beginning of the interview the group of us were informed that there were more candidates than positions. We were each interviewed by different individuals. After the interview we were given finger print cards to be take to our local police department. After prints, I received an e-mail for a urine test.

Interview Questions
    • The interview process was straight forward. There were no difficult or unexpected questions from my interviewer.   Answer Question

Rca Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service in December 2014.

Supervisor Told the schedule and hours I would be working and how the training worked. Had to take drug test, background test , and be finger printed. Was interviewed within 2 weeks of application. A week after interview took drug test and background check. Now waiting to hear back from them on next step

Interview Questions
    I didn't try to negotiate

Rca Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service in December 2014.

the interview was a joke the main thing that they wanted to know was if you where avialable 7 days even though they are only going to give you 1 day.

CCA Amazon-Fresh Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service in December 2014.

Applied online, I got an e-mail with instructions to take an exam at SDSU next week, took exam which is easy just try to memorize some address.. Got another email right after with my score and then nothing..... For almost 2 weeks; then I got 3 emails, one to invite me for a interview, take a drug test & do a backgrown check... At the interview arrived like another 40 candidates, we watched some videos, a presentation & then we were interviewed one by one filled, some papers & I got an offer but they told me that highest scores were invited first & get to choose the loction where they want to work & go first; was cited for next day for a medical asseemt which is basicaly more paper work, pic & finger prints... i accepted an offer for CCA for this new thing called Amazon fresh from 2am to 8am which is delivering groseries to people.

No negotiation

RURAL CARR Associate/SRV REG RTE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita Falls, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Wichita Falls, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service in December 2014.

Sent me an email asking if I would still like an interview. The interview only lasted about 10 minutes. They told me they'd let me know by email whether or not I had received the job.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an irate customer?   Answer Question
    • Did you work any other job that had some of the same job requirements as this one?   View Answer
    • How would you handle the heat and/or cold?   View Answer
    • Did you ever have a problem with another associate or a customer and how did you handle it?   View Answer

CCA Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service.

Took the assessment and hired in within 4wks. Went to a group interview. Then I went to a 2 day orientation. Then on to CCA Academy. Next I have to go through Drivers Training.

No negotiation

PSE Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service in December 2014.

Applied Dec 1st 2014.....got an interview on the 23rd......ten people were invited to the interview....I was number 2 out of 10 for my test score (82.9) plus the ten point for my military disability. Got an email the next day for a drug test. I then received a call on 8 Jan 15 to come in as I was being hired. Start on the 12....

Interview Questions
    • only had a few question...standard " what would you do with an upset customer"   View Answer
    NONE...knew the offer when interviewed.

CCA Interview

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service.

sat in a room with 35-45 other ppl. a women spoke about yhe position and what to expect. then watched a info video of the postion. we then filled out extra paper work. interviewed afterwards. the process took about 3 hrs.