US Postal Service

Updated Nov 21, 2014

2.0

Rca Interview

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service in September 2014.

I applied online and was invited to take personality test. I was then directed to take postal exam at an independent testing facility. Received notification of score (83.6) within one hour through email. I started applying to post offices near my home. Within 3 weeks I got and offer to come in for interview. The interview was fairly easy and not difficult at all. I feel like I over prepared for this interview. The postmaster gave a very detailed description what RCA do and then was told I would be notified thru email the next step if I was selected.

Interview Questions
    • Can I handle working outdoors in all weather conditions   Answer Question

CCA Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service in September 2014.

The CCA supervisor contact each applicant for the initial interview which covers the job description, and details pertaining to the hire process which include and drug screening, background check and drivers license, social security card and birth certificate to verify citizenship. Once every thing checks out, each applicant is interviewed individually and they will tell you to check your email. The email will notify you if you have been selected to attend orientation.

Interview Questions
    • The question ask on the interview pretty much pertain to the pre qualifying question that are asked when you first apply for the position on line through the postal service.   View Answer
    wasn't able to negotiate. The position is non career

PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service in September 2014.

Applied online and took the exam 2-3 months ago. Finally got an email for a drug test last week. The position is only for the holidays. (Sucks!) Went to the interview. It was a lot of other people there. They just went over the paperwork, finger printed us, and then met one on one to go over the paperwork. Just waiting for an email back with the position to start.

No negotiation.

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

interviewed at US Postal Service in September 2014.

Applied for position online.
    Had to submit to an assessment online - no wrong or right questions - just about your character and values.
    Several days later drove an hour to site to take 473 exam. Hardest part was memorizing address ranges. Trick to that is constant repetition of viewing, closing eyes and committing each address range to memory. They give you 5 minutes to do that, and you also have a practice session beforehand where the sample address range is the same as it is in the test part that counts.
    Was able to get test score online when I got home (I scored 81.20).
    Received email that I was part of a group interview (15-20). We were brought into a room to wait as the 3 interviewers gathered our DMV transcripts and drivers licenses. They came back, every few minutes returning those documents to each applicant. Then they gave a brief overview of the RCA job. It appears the first few applicants interviewed had bad DMV transcripts and were not considered.
    Interview was calm and professional, but note, many of the beginning questions asked, were items discussed by interviewer, when he gave brief overview of RCA job (like rate of pay, guaranteed hours for RCA, etc.) so PAY ATTENTION!
    I thought my interview went well...but now I sit and wait for an email....

Interview Questions
    • If you were running route, and a customer who normally gets her SS check on the first, did not receive it on the second. It is now the fourth of the month, and still does not have her check delivered by you. Customer is getting very belligerent with you - how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Rca Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at US Postal Service in September 2014.

I applied online 09-03-2014 invite to take the test at testing center took test 0908/2014 was invited to an face to face interview about a week and a half later 09/19/2014 still waiting for to see if I was selected overall interview went well to me

Interview Questions
    • postmaster asked how would I handle an irate customer I said hear them out and help if I can   Answer Question

Mail Carrier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at US Postal Service.

The hiring process was easy and the interview questions were basic. I really enjoyed the overall experience with the interview process, because it didn't make me feel uncomfortable in any way. I will recommend this job to anyone who isn't afraid of hard work.

N/A

Pse Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service.

Really easy, as long as you don't have a criminal background, (because they run your fingerprints), pass a drug test, and your work history checks out you pretty much got the job. If you make it to the face to face interview passing the online test, job is yours. Although it make it take 3-6 months for them to call you.

City Carrier Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shrewsbury, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shrewsbury, MA

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service in September 2014.

Applied online after 2 weeks invited me to take the test . I went took the test the next day got the results I passed. Filled in a personality test and waited 2 months received a email invited me to a interview. I arrived in Shrewsbury mass there were 50 people there all for postions in Worcester Boston and surrounding areas. We Sat and listened to a explanation of the job and what was expected. Filled out several more papers and waited and waited and waited to be interviewed. We were told it should take about 2 hours total for everything. We Sat there for 6 yes 6 hours . I was called next for my interview which took 5 minutes only question was got any questions ?? Then returned to the room to have our id's and paperwork checked. These guys were like the original pony express so old sooooo slow. Finally they said you'll get a email to do a drug test and background check. I didn't receive anything so I emailed them . I got a email saying I wasn't selected.

PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service.

Applied first week of July 2014 received emails weekly for exam, interview, drug screen, background check (in that order). I am still in process, no offer yet. I have since interviewed with other post office locations (in process also). Friend who is a current employee says it takes time.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were fairly easy just relax. If you have good a customer service IQ and human relations skills you should do well.   View Answer

City Carrier Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service.

I applied on 8/4, took the test on 8/11 (pretty simple except for the memory section, but I still got an 83), took a drug test on 8/18, and went in for the interview on 8/19. That's when I found out that the job really sucked! No benefits until you are career, which isn't guaranteed. No guaranteed hours every week. When you do work, you could work everyday of the week. Wish they put all of this on the job posting, I wouldn't have wasted my time! Me and another person walked out, didn't do the interview.