US Postal Service Mail Handler Interview Questions

Updated Jul 17, 2015

1.8

Mail Handler Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at US Postal Service in August 2010.

Interview

Go on line to find locations as to where the USPS is hiring "helpers" and apply. Make absolutely sure you are on the USPS website! In the past Postal Examinations were given every 6 months to the public, today only "helpers"/casuals are eligible to take the test after a certain time frame. Must pass Postal Examination. Will get notified of score via mail. Make sure you keep your address updated as you will be notified via mail once a position has opened according to your score.

Interview Questions

• During written exam some questions are tricky - get the USPS test book at the library; DO NOT pay an organization which claims to insure hiring via the USPS, they're frauds. Also 1 test will be included in your testing appointment.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There's not negotiation, you will either be hired or not. USPS will put you on a schedule as they deem needed, not what you need.

Other Interview Reviews for US Postal Service

Mail Handler Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service in June 2012.

Interview

After you take the test required for the position you applied for, your score will automatically be placed on a list. The hiring manager calls candidates in order of test score. When she reaches your score you are then invited to an interview where they ask you very simple mostly yes or no questions and you are subsequently sent a background check and drug test. Upon successfully completing both you will receive a letter or email regarding your start date.

Interview Questions

• All questions are very easy, simple, and straight forward.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at US Postal Service (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

No real interview. As long as you pass the entry level exam, medical evaluation and don't have a criminal record you're hired. After the pre-screening process, training last about a month.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2008.

Interview

was a joke, I took all my paperwork including my degree and the woman didn't even look at me. just asked some questions and that was it.

Negotiation

no negotiation...salary is already in place.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at US Postal Service (Woburn, MA).

Interview

Be able to read and write and follow directions on a written test

Interview Questions

• There are no difficult questions asked..test based grades determine order for hiring   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at US Postal Service (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

A lot o paper work, took way to long for them to even call you for an interview and they always have you redo the application even though it's online

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at US Postal Service (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Quick and precise, very good.Upon the first meeting , the HR people will discussed the details of the submitted application online and will check and correct errors if needed. Then management will discussed what is expected of the job and will discouraged people to quit if they think they cant handle it , yet encourage applicants that there is future in there if they think they can do the job. I love how they do the process.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work on holidays, weekends and extend hours as the need arise?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coppell, TX

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at US Postal Service (Coppell, TX) in September 2009.

Interview

You are hired from a register after taking the postal exam. Basically if you are physically able and do not have felony record, your chance of being hired is great. They have changed now that you can only be hired as a temporary. No more walk in career jobs.

Negotiation

No negotiation. Salary is negotiated by union. Everyone title makes the exact amount regardless of past experience.

Mail Handler Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

Very easy process, just have patience. I applied on-line during the last week in Dec 14. Was immediately asked to schedule postal exam. Was finally offered MHA position today, 25 Feb 15. Once you establish your on-line account with USPS check your status often. After I took the test it was about a month before I was called for an interview. I thought USPS wasn't interested but had I checked my status on-line I would have seen that action with my application was going on behind the scenes.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you displayed leadership in a previous workplace?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, set hourly wage

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at US Postal Service (San Jose, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

You take a test. Wait a couple of days, weeks, months, years. It just depends. You take the test. Have to go through preliminary physical such as lifting something that's around 70 lbs. or so. And you're in.

Interview Questions

• I don't know it was so long ago? Which tour or shift would you like to work in?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. It's a contract type of deal.