US Postal Service Mail Handler Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014

1.8

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Mail Handler Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at US Postal Service in August 2010.

Go on line to find locations as to where the USPS is hiring "helpers" and apply. Make absolutely sure you are on the USPS website! In the past Postal Examinations were given every 6 months to the public, today only "helpers"/casuals are eligible to take the test after a certain time frame. Must pass Postal Examination. Will get notified of score via mail. Make sure you keep your address updated as you will be notified via mail once a position has opened according to your score.

Interview Questions
  • During written exam some questions are tricky - get the USPS test book at the library; DO NOT pay an organization which claims to insure hiring via the USPS, they're frauds. Also 1 test will be included in your testing appointment.   View Answer
There's not negotiation, you will either be hired or not. USPS will put you on a schedule as they deem needed, not what you need.

Other Interview Reviews for US Postal Service

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at US Postal Service.

No real interview. As long as you pass the entry level exam, medical evaluation and don't have a criminal record you're hired. After the pre-screening process, training last about a month.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at US Postal Service in June 2008.

was a joke, I took all my paperwork including my degree and the woman didn't even look at me. just asked some questions and that was it.

no negotiation...salary is already in place.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Woburn, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

I applied in-person - interviewed at US Postal Service.

Be able to read and write and follow directions on a written test

Interview Questions
    • There are no difficult questions asked..test based grades determine order for hiring   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Coppell, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coppell, TX

I applied in-person - interviewed at US Postal Service in September 2009.

You are hired from a register after taking the postal exam. Basically if you are physically able and do not have felony record, your chance of being hired is great. They have changed now that you can only be hired as a temporary. No more walk in career jobs.

No negotiation. Salary is negotiated by union. Everyone title makes the exact amount regardless of past experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at US Postal Service in May 2010.

You take a test. Wait a couple of days, weeks, months, years. It just depends. You take the test. Have to go through preliminary physical such as lifting something that's around 70 lbs. or so. And you're in.

Interview Questions
    • I don't know it was so long ago? Which tour or shift would you like to work in?   View Answer
    No negotiation. It's a contract type of deal.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at US Postal Service in January 2008.

You must first take a test that gives you a score from 1-100. You get extra points for being a veteran. If you score well (over 85) you will typically get a call back to come in as a group of 20-60 people. They then whittle it down based on scores and only interviews people that are called back.

Interview Questions

Worked for US Postal Service? Contribute to the Community!