US Postal Service PSE Clerk Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

1.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Van Nuys, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service (Van Nuys, CA).

Interview

A group interview. Around 20 of us. Took us all in 1 big room then introduced themselves and proceeded to let us know what the job was about. After the group introduction each person from the interview went over our application to see if there was missing information. When that was finished an interviewer will call us individually and proceeded with the interview. If you got hired right then and there, you will get fingerprinted. If you didn't then you'll just go home. Easy process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for US Postal Service

PSE Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at US Postal Service in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was nice because it gave a lot information you may have not had acess to otherwise. It was very comfortable and easy to ask questions. It's a job you need to work hard for. As long as you remember that, you'll be all set.

Interview Questions

• Are you prepared to be available at all times?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at US Postal Service (Augusta, ME) in July 2015.

Interview

Took the test and got the results 2 minutes later. Received an invite for an interview about a month later. Went in a half an hour early and they took me right away. I was first to be interviewed as my test score was the highest with No military credits. No questions were asked during the interview other than the ones to verify the information on my application. The post master explained that it is a difficult job and basically talked about the bad hours and stressful work environment. I received a call 2 days later to come in and full out all of the paperwork to prepare for my start date.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willoughby Hills, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service (Willoughby Hills, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

When I arrived the only thing I didn't like was that I had to stand in line to notify someone I was there . Thank god I came early. The line was to the door, and people were actually leaving. The only thing that was going through my mind was, I can't wait to start because these people really need some help.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was very easy

PSE Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

I waited outside in the lobby and called my hiring contact to walk me through the secured building. There were three of us waiting. We were given a brief tour of the facility. We were led into a conference room where we filled out paperwork documenting the last five years of our residency. I waited in the conference room until I was called up for my interview. They walked me into another room for my one on one interview. It was a very easy going process. They verified my background, asked a few generic interview questions, and asked my shift preference. Then I was sent to another room where I got fingerprinted and then another room where I got my photo taken for an ID card. I was a bit confused on whether or not I had gotten the job because they did not directly say it, but after they asked me which day I was available for orientation, I knew I had gotten the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service (Pensacola, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Process took one month...... Applied 2/5/15 and took personality assessment same day. Passed and scheduled the online exam 2/15/15 took exam at testing center. Got results in email a few minutes later 3/10/15 had interview. One on one and was a breeze. Basically what would you do if type questions. Got email to schedule drug screen and background check a few hours later. 3/11/15 did drug screen and faxed background check form 3/16/15 was offered the position and did fingerprints and filled out paperwork. Just waiting on my orientation date

Anonymous Employee in Glen Allen, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service (Glen Allen, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position & not even 2 wks later, received a phone call to come in for an interview the same week. Went to the interview & there was just me & 2 other guys. Basically went over my work history & the position I applied for. Later on that day received an email to do drug test & background check. Was told orientation starts on the 20th of this month so if I'm offered the job then I should hear sumthin soon. My app status went from hiring list to being blank.

PSE Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

The interview process was straight to the point, depending on the interviewer. The interviewer asked simple questions, nothing to hard to answer. However, the interview is in a group setting, so be prepared and stand out. Also, the interview process can take up to 5 hours so make sure to eat something before you go.

PSE Clerk Interview

Interview

First you apply on-line. Than they will send you an invite to the exam. The exam is straight forward computer based. If you score decent 75 or better they will call you for an interview. The interview is a few questions. The ones I was asked is Why do you want to work here. How long have you been considering a job at the Post Office. Do early morning hours bother you.

Negotiation

None 15.63 an hour no benefits.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolla, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at US Postal Service (Rolla, MO) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied in December 2014, interview in January 2015, hired March 21, 2015. I applied online, took the 473 exam 2 days later, had an interview that mostly consisted of the job description (only one question), received a call and emails for drug and background checks in March, and went to Orientation two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any family members that work for USPS?   1 Answer