US Postal Service PSE Clerk Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

1.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willoughby Hills, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service (Willoughby Hills, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

When I arrived the only thing I didn't like was that I had to stand in line to notify someone I was there . Thank god I came early. The line was to the door, and people were actually leaving. The only thing that was going through my mind was, I can't wait to start because these people really need some help.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was very easy

Other Interview Reviews for US Postal Service

PSE Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

I waited outside in the lobby and called my hiring contact to walk me through the secured building. There were three of us waiting. We were given a brief tour of the facility. We were led into a conference room where we filled out paperwork documenting the last five years of our residency. I waited in the conference room until I was called up for my interview. They walked me into another room for my one on one interview. It was a very easy going process. They verified my background, asked a few generic interview questions, and asked my shift preference. Then I was sent to another room where I got fingerprinted and then another room where I got my photo taken for an ID card. I was a bit confused on whether or not I had gotten the job because they did not directly say it, but after they asked me which day I was available for orientation, I knew I had gotten the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service (Pensacola, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Process took one month......

Applied 2/5/15 and took personality assessment same day. Passed and scheduled the online exam

2/15/15 took exam at testing center. Got results in email a few minutes later

3/10/15 had interview. One on one and was a breeze. Basically what would you do if type questions. Got email to schedule drug screen and background check a few hours later.

3/11/15 did drug screen and faxed background check form

3/16/15 was offered the position and did fingerprints and filled out paperwork. Just waiting on my orientation date

Anonymous Employee in Glen Allen, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service (Glen Allen, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position & not even 2 wks later, received a phone call to come in for an interview the same week. Went to the interview & there was just me & 2 other guys. Basically went over my work history & the position I applied for. Later on that day received an email to do drug test & background check. Was told orientation starts on the 20th of this month so if I'm offered the job then I should hear sumthin soon. My app status went from hiring list to being blank.

PSE Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

The interview process was straight to the point, depending on the interviewer. The interviewer asked simple questions, nothing to hard to answer. However, the interview is in a group setting, so be prepared and stand out. Also, the interview process can take up to 5 hours so make sure to eat something before you go.

PSE Clerk Interview

Interview

First you apply on-line. Than they will send you an invite to the exam. The exam is straight forward computer based. If you score decent 75 or better they will call you for an interview. The interview is a few questions. The ones I was asked is Why do you want to work here. How long have you been considering a job at the Post Office. Do early morning hours bother you.

Negotiation

None 15.63 an hour no benefits.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolla, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at US Postal Service (Rolla, MO) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied in December 2014, interview in January 2015, hired March 21, 2015. I applied online, took the 473 exam 2 days later, had an interview that mostly consisted of the job description (only one question), received a call and emails for drug and background checks in March, and went to Orientation two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any family members that work for USPS?   1 Answer

PSE Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service in December 2014.

Interview

Applied Dec 1st 2014.....got an interview on the 23rd......ten people were invited to the interview....I was number 2 out of 10 for my test score (82.9) plus the ten point for my military disability. Got an email the next day for a drug test. I then received a call on 8 Jan 15 to come in as I was being hired. Start on the 12....

Interview Questions

• only had a few question...standard " what would you do with an upset customer"   1 Answer

Negotiation

NONE...knew the offer when interviewed.

PSE Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at US Postal Service in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was 1:1, very informative and to the point. Questions asked were: if I was self-driven, if I worked well with others, if I could handle tasks on my own, if I could work in an office without any other coworkers. They asked about my leadership and if I would do well being a leader. They asked about work history. They really like committed employees! So have a VERY stable, solid (no job-hopping!) resume!! They asked how I would handle a situation where I was faced with a disgruntled customer. They told me my duties and asked if I would be able to fulfill those duties with minimal, if any, problems. They asked what my goals are; whether I planned to just be comfortable on the bottom of the totem pole or be eager to advance my career.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at US Postal Service (Memphis, TN) in August 2014.

Interview

First strp was a background and drug test, then Group interview with 30 people, we all started different positions at different locations. Process was just signing paperwork and had to answer three questions on paper. Then finger print and more paperwork once you are called back for job offer.

Interview Questions

• What was your experience with being positive in negative situation?   Answer Question