US Postal Service

Getting the Interview

19 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Forest Park, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at US Postal Service in October 2013.

Interview Details – First of all, the position was a seasonal one (*they didn't specify that it was during the application process). Also, it took quite some time to actually get interviewed. First, the company schedules you to take a skills test upon basic things (spelling, the address codes, memorizing the address locations, etc.). On the test, you must score at least at 70% or higher. After you receive your results, the company sends an e-mail to you indicating which facility to report to for a group interview. A few weeks later, they will tell you to report to another facility for orientation (ours was in Carol Stream, IL). If you don't make it there for the 2-day orientation, you will automatically become disqualified for employment. After attending both days f the orientations, the company will tell you that you will start within a few days afterwards depending upon the shift that you had previously selected.

Interview Question – There were not any difficult questions that the recruiters had asked me.   Answer Question

Lima, OH

I applied in-person - interviewed at US Postal Service in November 2012.

Interview Details – had to take a test which was to last 90 minutes on various questions testing comparing things, remembering things, memorizing things.

Interview Question – I think the most difficult thing for me was looking at a list of addresses and the associated route that they went with and then they disappeared and you had to look at the addresses and then assign them to the route they belonged to.   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview Details – The application was done online. I was called to setup to do a test which was done at an office in Boston. The test was long and had some very easy and hard parts. I passed. I was then called for a drug test which was at another office in Boston. I was then called for a 2 day orientation. Day one was an interview, forms and finger printing. Day 2 was a class. On the second day, we were assigned to our city and job.

Interview Question – I wasn't really asked many questions. We just talked about past experiences and it was a very easy process I was really already hired once someone spoke to me.   View Answer

Lynchburg, VA

I applied online - interviewed at US Postal Service in June 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process was long & tedious. I needed to travel a long distance to take an entrance qualifying exam. Then when accepted, needed to take an additional training outside of my assigned position.

Interview Question – The training was done by a great instructor.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy going!

PSE Clerk

I applied online and interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview Details – Went through email. The interview was in a room where four others were being interviewed as well. Kinda loud and distracting. However with it being for the holidays most everyone was hired. Con about that was my application DID NOT state such and I was not informed of it just being temp until after hired...

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at US Postal Service in December 2013.

Interview Details – Easy process. Took the initial exam and passed. They pick the top 3 applicants from hiring list for interview. Went for interview Questions were "Why do you want to work for USPS?, what would you do if your car would not start-how would you get to work?

Interview Question – Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

PSE Clerk

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview Details – Process was very quick compared to a lot of other people I know that applied to the post office. Applied on the 10th of the month, had interview and job offer on the 18th.

Interview Question – n/a   Answer Question

PSE CLERK Interview

PSE CLERK
O'Fallon, MO

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview Details – Interview with the "acting Postmaster" - short, to-the-point

Interview Question – need to be flexible on work hours   View Answer

Negotiation Details – n/a

PSE Clerk

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview Details – There was no real interview. We were told to come in for an "interview" and it was just a basic overview of the position. They then went down the list by who had the highest scores on the placement test. You gave them all your info and went to another room to get documentation to take a drug test. If you passed the drug test you are called back to get your fingeprints done and get your orientation information.

Negotiation Details – None

Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at US Postal Service in February 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, took the test from home and the proctored, scored 85%. Got an email to do the drug screen and background. Received an email for the interview. Went to the interview and it was a group interview and the we were each called individually for an interview. Recieved a conditional offer while in the interview, but was told not to put in my 2 weeks notice at my other job until I recieved the official offer email. I am still waiting on that offer to come in.

Interview Question – General interview questions but they ask alot of questions to make sure you can do this job in any weather and conditions that may arrise.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at US Postal Service

Worked for US Postal Service? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US Postal Service PSE Clerk interview questions and advice. All 19 interview reviews posted anonymously by US Postal Service employees and interview candidates.