US Postal Service PSE Clerk Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2015

1.6

PSE Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

Applied online. Received an appointment to take the postal test (which is mostly memory) through e-mail the same day. Took the test later that week, and received my score the same day. Almost three weeks passed before I received another e-mail inviting me in for an interview. The interview was very informal. If you get invited to the interview and can pass the drug test and background check, your basically hired. However, the job is only guaranteed for 90 days.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for US Postal Service

PSE Clerk Interview

Interview

First you apply on-line. Than they will send you an invite to the exam. The exam is straight forward computer based. If you score decent 75 or better they will call you for an interview. The interview is a few questions. The ones I was asked is Why do you want to work here. How long have you been considering a job at the Post Office. Do early morning hours bother you.

Negotiation

None 15.63 an hour no benefits.

Anonymous Employee in Forest Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Forest Park, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

First of all, the position was a seasonal one (*they didn't specify that it was during the application process). Also, it took quite some time to actually get interviewed. First, the company schedules you to take a skills test upon basic things (spelling, the address codes, memorizing the address locations, etc.). On the test, you must score at least at 70% or higher. After you receive your results, the company sends an e-mail to you indicating which facility to report to for a group interview. A few weeks later, they will tell you to report to another facility for orientation (ours was in Carol Stream, IL). If you don't make it there for the 2-day orientation, you will automatically become disqualified for employment. After attending both days f the orientations, the company will tell you that you will start within a few days afterwards depending upon the shift that you had previously selected.

Interview Questions

• There were not any difficult questions that the recruiters had asked me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied online, took the test from home and the proctored, scored 85%. Got an email to do the drug screen and background. Received an email for the interview. Went to the interview and it was a group interview and the we were each called individually for an interview. Recieved a conditional offer while in the interview, but was told not to put in my 2 weeks notice at my other job until I recieved the official offer email. I am still waiting on that offer to come in.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions but they ask alot of questions to make sure you can do this job in any weather and conditions that may arrise.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

If you actually receive a call back for an interview you have the job pending you pass a drug test. It was a long process and very drawn out. A lot of uncertainty when training will begin or when I would start.

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Little Rock, AR) in February 2013.

Interview

I applied, was invited to take the 473 exam a few days later. Was invited to an interview which consisted of the hiring manager explaining to a group of us what the jobs consists of. He then brought us individually to his office to ask questions & offer position.

PSE Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service in January 2014.

Interview

Filled out anapplication, had to take a test which focused on sorting mail, interviewed with the post master from the office I applied and the supervisor from a larger office. The supervisor asked more questions and seemed more knowledgeable in how to conduct an interview that the post master did. The postmaster more less sat there and almost seemed lost

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Pensacola, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Process took one month...... Applied 2/5/15 and took personality assessment same day. Passed and scheduled the online exam 2/15/15 took exam at testing center. Got results in email a few minutes later 3/10/15 had interview. One on one and was a breeze. Basically what would you do if type questions. Got email to schedule drug screen and background check a few hours later. 3/11/15 did drug screen and faxed background check form 3/16/15 was offered the position and did fingerprints and filled out paperwork. Just waiting on my orientation date

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glen Allen, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Glen Allen, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position & not even 2 wks later, received a phone call to come in for an interview the same week. Went to the interview & there was just me & 2 other guys. Basically went over my work history & the position I applied for. Later on that day received an email to do drug test & background check. Was told orientation starts on the 20th of this month so if I'm offered the job then I should hear sumthin soon. My app status went from hiring list to being blank.

Anonymous Employee in Willoughby Hills, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Willoughby Hills, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

When I arrived the only thing I didn't like was that I had to stand in line to notify someone I was there . Thank god I came early. The line was to the door, and people were actually leaving. The only thing that was going through my mind was, I can't wait to start because these people really need some help.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was very easy