US Postal Service PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview Questions

1.6

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Birmingham, AL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at US Postal Service in July 2014.

I applied online 6/30/14, I had already taken the test but waiting for a job listing in my area, they finally posted a job opening 6/30/14, I applied and was emailed and invited to come interview 7/24/14. I went to the interview, it was a group of about 30, in the group they explain hours the job, the pay, how long it may take to become a career employee, after that they ask if you are still interested. If you stay you have a more detailed interview, not many questions just still talking in more details about the job. We were given our resumes back to correct and we also filled out paper work. Were told they we will be contacted by email for drug screening and background check in a couple of days. I recieved my email on 8/1/14 for background consent and drug screening, I had it done the same day I recieved the email. My profiled went from application entry to pre screening and every thing has just stopped. I had this done almost 4 weeks ago and now im just waiting. I did speak to one of the Supervisors that interviewed me and she said that, the names go on a list and they start pulling names according to their needs, she told me to just keep checking my email and that she will email me when she gets to my name. At this point I havent had orientation or any type of training. I am just excited and ready to start. Does anybody have any advise for me, or is anybody still waiting like me? Also how will you know if your background check and drug screening was okay? Update on 9/914 I received an email asking me to come in on 9/12/14 at 10:00am to be finger printed and to bring my finger print card to orientation. I will be glad to come back after Friday to update again.

Interview Questions
  • Interview is not hard at all, they just explain the job in detail, in the group interview and the individual interview. They were really nice.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for US Postal Service

PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview

I applied online - interviewed at US Postal Service.

Applied first week of July 2014 received emails weekly for exam, interview, drug screen, background check (in that order). I am still in process, no offer yet. I have since interviewed with other post office locations (in process also). Friend who is a current employee says it takes time.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were fairly easy just relax. If you have good a customer service IQ and human relations skills you should do well.   View Answer

PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview

I applied online - interviewed at US Postal Service in April 2014.

I applied for the position online, I had already taken the exam for this position since this was my second time under consideration. I was contacted via email for my interview. Then received an email a few weeks later for pre-hire orientation. I passed the drug and background screening, but there were no opened positions. A few weeks later maybe two I received an email about some opening in my craft and was able to choose an location.

Interview Questions
    • They were really standard questions about safety, time work, ensuring that I met the qualifications in the job description i.e. lifting up to 70lbs, working long periods of time, and etc   View Answer
    The starting hourly rate wasn't negotiable but my location and tour was. I was able to choose the plant and tour I wanted to fit into my schedule.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Scarborough, ME
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scarborough, ME

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at US Postal Service in October 2013.

You take a brain dead test on a computer that involves basic reading comprehension and memorization. Once you pass they call you into to fill out a ton of paperwork and take a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • There was no real interview. The computer test was the only real competency assessment.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. You pass the computer and drug test, you get the job.

PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at US Postal Service.

interview went fast just explained details of the position

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at US Postal Service in November 2012.

Applied Online at usps.com in October 2012, Got an Email to take a Drug Test that week. Took the Test, Passed, then received a phone call asking to come in for an interview in November, the interview is so simple, I probably wouldn't even call it an interview. At the Interview you're asked a few questions, "Do you know what a Support Employee is?" then you're given a brief description of the Job, next you fill out TONS of paper work for Everything from a background check to tax stuff took about an hour. Next they took fingerprints, then they said they will call you and give you the date of the next orientation, they called in December, my first day was December 8, 2012.

No negotiation, started at $14.89/hr.

PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at US Postal Service.

Its takes about 2 days for the whole interview process, and no felonies are required. Also you have to list if you were ever fired or terminated from a job and why.

Follow all the instructions that they tell you and no writing on your paperwork while the HR person is talking. No looking at your cell phone or texting and please do not wear jeans to the interview and no high heels. Dress in casual business attire.

PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at US Postal Service in February 2012.

The hiring is based on your score on exam 473, I recommend going to your local library and reading up on the study guides. Once they call you in, its basic questions..

IE:

What is your highest level of education?

Tell me what you know about the USPS

Have you ever worked for the USPS or any of our competitors?

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't any difficult ones, however if you're the kind of person who dislikes talking about themselves, be prepared for this question.   Answer Question
    Non-Negotiable, Tour possibly negotiable, A/O's have even less negotiability.

PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at US Postal Service in November 2013.

Contacted by Human Resources for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Can you work 7 days a week ? 12 hours a day?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Ana, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at US Postal Service in October 2013.

Filled out an online application, took a personality test, took and exam at a nearby location, got an email for an interview for a week later, was about 30 people for a group interview, group interview had the supervisors tell a little bit about the job after that we were taken individually by a tour supervisor for the interview, interview was fairly easy were just yes or no questions, got the job and will do drug and background check a week from today.

Interview Questions
    • do you work well with your co workers? any absent or tardy problems? dealt with a difficult customer before? can you lift 30 lbs?   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Worked for US Postal Service? Contribute to the Community!