US Postal Service

Updated Dec 10, 2014

1.6

27 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service.

I applied for this position on November 20th. I was sent an email for a interview on the 3rd of December. This process was a breeze. I was very nervous when I entered the interview and the person during interview made me feel really comfortable. We talked about my work history and my ability to handle the job as a PSE Processing Clerk.

Other Interview Reviews for US Postal Service

PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at US Postal Service.

This whole process took 9 months for me. I applied for city carrier 1st 11/19/13 I was invited for an assessment 1/22/14 I was invited for an interview 2/4/14. I didn't get the position because of my driving record. Thus I applied for mail processing clerk 3/5/14. 10/18/14 I was invited in for a drug test. 11/1/14 I was invited in for an interview. The interview was so short I figured I didn't get the job. 12/3/14 I was finally offered the position. Everything was through email. Frequently check your email. You never know!

PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview

1.You must go online and fill out your profile. 2. Apply for a position of your liking. 3. Complete initial questionnaire. 4. Set up date and time to go do a proctored exam at a local location. 5. Receive your test scores within the next 34 hours, usually within 15 minutes you will receive and email to log on and view scores. 6. Wait for an interview by watching the status of your application.

PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service.

Went to the interview were their was another person interviewing. Post master was late doing g the interview. Easy questions although I thought that a position of mail clerk didn't have to deliver mail I was wrong.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service in November 2014.

I applied on 10/2/2014, took my assessment on 10/8/2014 and I was invited to drugtest, interview and background check on 11/17/2014. I interviewed on 11/21/2014. The interview was pretty simple and straight to the point nothing to be nervous about!

Interview Questions
    • Do I think I can handle working in a manufacture like setting.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service in October 2014.

The whole process from applying online to getting a job offer took 7 weeks. Sucks I'm only on for the Holidays but if evaluations are great we have the possibility of being extended longer for the position. During the mass interview paperwork are filled and someone from HR calls you over to make sure everything is done correctly from your online application, then you are called by a manager I believe or supervisor to do a one on one interview. General questions are ask not hard. I was able to make my interviewer laugh which was a good thing I think... as she just got off a graveyard shift.

-9/6/14 Applied online on USPS website
    -9/6/14 Scheduled to take the assessment at a test center location the same day I applied
    - 9/9/14 Took Assessment at a test Center
    -9/9/14 got my score that same evening via email.

fast forward a month

-10/8/14 Received a email for invite to interview (CAN NOT change interview date/time)
    -10/15/14 Mass Interview with 50 other applicants. Process took about 4 hours.
    - 10/24/14 Received a call at 9:30am to come in at 1pm the same day to complete more paperwork w-4, finger print, picture done for badge. I received a conditional offer for the Holiday.

future dates
    - 11/15/14 Orientation then start Work a few days later!

Interview Questions
    • no hard questions. Have you done physical work before?
      how do you react with a difficult co worker?
      did you get along with your supervisor?
      are you flexible since holidays we will possibly have you work 6 days a week 10+ hours a day?
      describe and explain how you handle difficult situations.

Answer Question
    No Negotiation...it is a set hourly salary for everyone

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service in October 2014.

The entire process took a month. I applied on 9/30 and I'm scheduled for orientation on 11/15. First I had to take an onsite exam...scored a 83.5, then I had to attend a group meeting (interview) there were about 35 people in the meeting. We just went over the job description and filled out paperwork. Later on that day I received an email to go take a drug test and I had to fax a form for a background check. This position is only seasonal...they did state that out of the 80 people they hire, 10 will receive a more permanent position. It will all be based on your exam score....exam score = seniority(the higher you score, the more seniority you have)...Pay is 15.26/hourly (in my state)

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service in October 2014.

You have to follow a bunch of steps like faxing a form, urine test, computer exam, background check, fingerprint card. The actual interview was like a cattle call, very quick and basic questions like why do you want the job, nothing hard. They seem to want to hire as many ppl as possible because like 80% quit or get fired on the job.

Interview Questions
    • nothing other than keeping track of all the steps you have to complete to progress to hiring. I think those steps are meant to measure your ability to follow directions and not question authority. Also the computer exam facility was extremely hard to find. Probably to measure your tenacity!   Answer Question
    no negotiation, the wage and schedule is set by them. In fact if you try to negotiate a schedule they will probably pass on you. They hold the cards in the deal, and you better be willing to accommodate them or you're out.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service in October 2014.

Has anyone done the medical assessment for this position? What did it consist of?
    I went to the interview, did the process of filling out all paper work and now have to do the medical assessment and finger printing before the orientation.

PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service in September 2014.

Applied online and took the exam 2-3 months ago. Finally got an email for a drug test last week. The position is only for the holidays. (Sucks!) Went to the interview. It was a lot of other people there. They just went over the paperwork, finger printed us, and then met one on one to go over the paperwork. Just waiting for an email back with the position to start.

No negotiation.