US Postal Service

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Scarborough, ME

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at US Postal Service in October 2013.

Interview Details – You take a brain dead test on a computer that involves basic reading comprehension and memorization. Once you pass they call you into to fill out a ton of paperwork and take a drug test.

Interview Question – There was no real interview. The computer test was the only real competency assessment.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. You pass the computer and drug test, you get the job.

PSE Mail Processing Clerk

I applied online - interviewed at US Postal Service in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for the position online, I had already taken the exam for this position since this was my second time under consideration. I was contacted via email for my interview. Then received an email a few weeks later for pre-hire orientation. I passed the drug and background screening, but there were no opened positions. A few weeks later maybe two I received an email about some opening in my craft and was able to choose an location.

Interview Question – They were really standard questions about safety, time work, ensuring that I met the qualifications in the job description i.e. lifting up to 70lbs, working long periods of time, and etc   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The starting hourly rate wasn't negotiable but my location and tour was. I was able to choose the plant and tour I wanted to fit into my schedule.

PSE Mail Processing Clerk

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview Details – interview went fast just explained details of the position

Negotiation Details – no

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at US Postal Service in November 2012.

Interview Details – Applied Online at usps.com in October 2012, Got an Email to take a Drug Test that week. Took the Test, Passed, then received a phone call asking to come in for an interview in November, the interview is so simple, I probably wouldn't even call it an interview. At the Interview you're asked a few questions, "Do you know what a Support Employee is?" then you're given a brief description of the Job, next you fill out TONS of paper work for Everything from a background check to tax stuff took about an hour. Next they took fingerprints, then they said they will call you and give you the date of the next orientation, they called in December, my first day was December 8, 2012.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, started at $14.89/hr.

PSE Mail Processing Clerk

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview Details – Its takes about 2 days for the whole interview process, and no felonies are required. Also you have to list if you were ever fired or terminated from a job and why.

Negotiation Details – Follow all the instructions that they tell you and no writing on your paperwork while the HR person is talking. No looking at your cell phone or texting and please do not wear jeans to the interview and no high heels. Dress in casual business attire.

PSE Mail Processing Clerk

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at US Postal Service in February 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring is based on your score on exam 473, I recommend going to your local library and reading up on the study guides. Once they call you in, its basic questions..

IE:

What is your highest level of education?

Tell me what you know about the USPS

Have you ever worked for the USPS or any of our competitors?

Interview Question – There wasn't any difficult ones, however if you're the kind of person who dislikes talking about themselves, be prepared for this question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-Negotiable, Tour possibly negotiable, A/O's have even less negotiability.

PSE Mail Processing Clerk

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at US Postal Service in November 2013.

Interview Details – Contacted by Human Resources for an interview.

Interview Question – Can you work 7 days a week ? 12 hours a day?   View Answer

Santa Ana, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at US Postal Service in October 2013.

Interview Details – Filled out an online application, took a personality test, took and exam at a nearby location, got an email for an interview for a week later, was about 30 people for a group interview, group interview had the supervisors tell a little bit about the job after that we were taken individually by a tour supervisor for the interview, interview was fairly easy were just yes or no questions, got the job and will do drug and background check a week from today.

Interview Question – do you work well with your co workers? any absent or tardy problems? dealt with a difficult customer before? can you lift 30 lbs?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at US Postal Service in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online usps.com Oct 6 my 479 exam score was already taken in March 2013 my score 77.80 you need a score of 70 or higher to get the job. I was placed on the hiring list Oct 18. Then I was place on pre screening Oct 20. I'm looking to get an email for interview next week. I was told the hiring process takes 3 weeks. If you don't hear from them call because they will not call you, only correspond via email.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for usps?
Any conflicts with a coworker or supervisor?
Tell me a time when you went above and beyond
for a customer?
What would your pior employer say about you?
Have you had any safety incidents in the past?
What would you do if you have a item that is
too heavy to lift?
What would you do if you seen a coworker
doing something he/she don't suppose to be doing?
  View Answers (5)

Negotiation Details – no negotiation on wage. $14.89

New Orleans, LA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at US Postal Service in July 2011.

Interview Details – Complete online application, take a postal exam, receive communication via email for background check and drug test, another email for first interview, email for medical exam, email for job offer.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, just a job offer.

Worked for US Postal Service? Contribute to the Community!