US Postal Service

1.6

27 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service in August 2011.

Come in to the Boston Plant for an interview. Week of classroom training, then a week of on the Job Training, Have to take a drug test and get fingerprinted, At first your perception of people in the workplace is positive then you come to realize that everyone likes to backstab one another and its not a great place to work if you are a smart individual

I wasnt able to negotiate. It started at $14.60 an hour

Other Interview Reviews for US Postal Service

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service in October 2013.

I applied online usps.com Oct 6 my 479 exam score was already taken in March 2013 my score 77.80 you need a score of 70 or higher to get the job. I was placed on the hiring list Oct 18. Then I was place on pre screening Oct 20. I'm looking to get an email for interview next week. I was told the hiring process takes 3 weeks. If you don't hear from them call because they will not call you, only correspond via email.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for usps?
      Any conflicts with a coworker or supervisor?
      Tell me a time when you went above and beyond
      for a customer?
      What would your pior employer say about you?
      Have you had any safety incidents in the past?
      What would you do if you have a item that is
      too heavy to lift?
      What would you do if you seen a coworker
      doing something he/she don't suppose to be doing?

View Answers (5)
    no negotiation on wage. $14.89

PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at US Postal Service in November 2013.

Contacted by Human Resources for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Can you work 7 days a week ? 12 hours a day?   View Answer

PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service in April 2014.

I applied for the position online, I had already taken the exam for this position since this was my second time under consideration. I was contacted via email for my interview. Then received an email a few weeks later for pre-hire orientation. I passed the drug and background screening, but there were no opened positions. A few weeks later maybe two I received an email about some opening in my craft and was able to choose an location.

Interview Questions
    • They were really standard questions about safety, time work, ensuring that I met the qualifications in the job description i.e. lifting up to 70lbs, working long periods of time, and etc   View Answer
    The starting hourly rate wasn't negotiable but my location and tour was. I was able to choose the plant and tour I wanted to fit into my schedule.

PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview

1.You must go online and fill out your profile. 2. Apply for a position of your liking. 3. Complete initial questionnaire. 4. Set up date and time to go do a proctored exam at a local location. 5. Receive your test scores within the next 34 hours, usually within 15 minutes you will receive and email to log on and view scores. 6. Wait for an interview by watching the status of your application.

PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service.

I applied for this position on November 20th. I was sent an email for a interview on the 3rd of December. This process was a breeze. I was very nervous when I entered the interview and the person during interview made me feel really comfortable. We talked about my work history and my ability to handle the job as a PSE Processing Clerk.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service in October 2014.

The whole process from applying online to getting a job offer took 7 weeks. Sucks I'm only on for the Holidays but if evaluations are great we have the possibility of being extended longer for the position. During the mass interview paperwork are filled and someone from HR calls you over to make sure everything is done correctly from your online application, then you are called by a manager I believe or supervisor to do a one on one interview. General questions are ask not hard. I was able to make my interviewer laugh which was a good thing I think... as she just got off a graveyard shift.

-9/6/14 Applied online on USPS website
    -9/6/14 Scheduled to take the assessment at a test center location the same day I applied
    - 9/9/14 Took Assessment at a test Center
    -9/9/14 got my score that same evening via email.

fast forward a month

-10/8/14 Received a email for invite to interview (CAN NOT change interview date/time)
    -10/15/14 Mass Interview with 50 other applicants. Process took about 4 hours.
    - 10/24/14 Received a call at 9:30am to come in at 1pm the same day to complete more paperwork w-4, finger print, picture done for badge. I received a conditional offer for the Holiday.

future dates
    - 11/15/14 Orientation then start Work a few days later!

Interview Questions
    • no hard questions. Have you done physical work before?
      how do you react with a difficult co worker?
      did you get along with your supervisor?
      are you flexible since holidays we will possibly have you work 6 days a week 10+ hours a day?
      describe and explain how you handle difficult situations.

Answer Question
    No Negotiation...it is a set hourly salary for everyone

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service in October 2014.

You have to follow a bunch of steps like faxing a form, urine test, computer exam, background check, fingerprint card. The actual interview was like a cattle call, very quick and basic questions like why do you want the job, nothing hard. They seem to want to hire as many ppl as possible because like 80% quit or get fired on the job.

Interview Questions
    • nothing other than keeping track of all the steps you have to complete to progress to hiring. I think those steps are meant to measure your ability to follow directions and not question authority. Also the computer exam facility was extremely hard to find. Probably to measure your tenacity!   Answer Question
    no negotiation, the wage and schedule is set by them. In fact if you try to negotiate a schedule they will probably pass on you. They hold the cards in the deal, and you better be willing to accommodate them or you're out.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service in October 2014.

Has anyone done the medical assessment for this position? What did it consist of?
    I went to the interview, did the process of filling out all paper work and now have to do the medical assessment and finger printing before the orientation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at US Postal Service in July 2014.

I applied online 6/30/14, I had already taken the test but waiting for a job listing in my area, they finally posted a job opening 6/30/14, I applied and was emailed and invited to come interview 7/24/14. I went to the interview, it was a group of about 30, in the group they explain hours the job, the pay, how long it may take to become a career employee, after that they ask if you are still interested. If you stay you have a more detailed interview, not many questions just still talking in more details about the job. We were given our resumes back to correct and we also filled out paper work. Were told they we will be contacted by email for drug screening and background check in a couple of days. I recieved my email on 8/1/14 for background consent and drug screening, I had it done the same day I recieved the email. My profiled went from application entry to pre screening and every thing has just stopped. I had this done almost 4 weeks ago and now im just waiting. I did speak to one of the Supervisors that interviewed me and she said that, the names go on a list and they start pulling names according to their needs, she told me to just keep checking my email and that she will email me when she gets to my name. At this point I havent had orientation or any type of training. I am just excited and ready to start. Does anybody have any advise for me, or is anybody still waiting like me? Also how will you know if your background check and drug screening was okay? Update on 9/914 I received an email asking me to come in on 9/12/14 at 10:00am to be finger printed and to bring my finger print card to orientation. I will be glad to come back after Friday to update again.

Interview Questions
    • Interview is not hard at all, they just explain the job in detail, in the group interview and the individual interview. They were really nice.   Answer Question