US Postal Service

Updated Dec 10, 2014

1.6

27 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at US Postal Service.

Its takes about 2 days for the whole interview process, and no felonies are required. Also you have to list if you were ever fired or terminated from a job and why.

Follow all the instructions that they tell you and no writing on your paperwork while the HR person is talking. No looking at your cell phone or texting and please do not wear jeans to the interview and no high heels. Dress in casual business attire.

Other Interview Reviews for US Postal Service

PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service.

interview went fast just explained details of the position

PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service.

Applied first week of July 2014 received emails weekly for exam, interview, drug screen, background check (in that order). I am still in process, no offer yet. I have since interviewed with other post office locations (in process also). Friend who is a current employee says it takes time.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were fairly easy just relax. If you have good a customer service IQ and human relations skills you should do well.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at US Postal Service in July 2014.

I applied online 6/30/14, I had already taken the test but waiting for a job listing in my area, they finally posted a job opening 6/30/14, I applied and was emailed and invited to come interview 7/24/14. I went to the interview, it was a group of about 30, in the group they explain hours the job, the pay, how long it may take to become a career employee, after that they ask if you are still interested. If you stay you have a more detailed interview, not many questions just still talking in more details about the job. We were given our resumes back to correct and we also filled out paper work. Were told they we will be contacted by email for drug screening and background check in a couple of days. I recieved my email on 8/1/14 for background consent and drug screening, I had it done the same day I recieved the email. My profiled went from application entry to pre screening and every thing has just stopped. I had this done almost 4 weeks ago and now im just waiting. I did speak to one of the Supervisors that interviewed me and she said that, the names go on a list and they start pulling names according to their needs, she told me to just keep checking my email and that she will email me when she gets to my name. At this point I havent had orientation or any type of training. I am just excited and ready to start. Does anybody have any advise for me, or is anybody still waiting like me? Also how will you know if your background check and drug screening was okay? Update on 9/914 I received an email asking me to come in on 9/12/14 at 10:00am to be finger printed and to bring my finger print card to orientation. I will be glad to come back after Friday to update again.

Interview Questions
    • Interview is not hard at all, they just explain the job in detail, in the group interview and the individual interview. They were really nice.   Answer Question

PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service in September 2014.

Applied online and took the exam 2-3 months ago. Finally got an email for a drug test last week. The position is only for the holidays. (Sucks!) Went to the interview. It was a lot of other people there. They just went over the paperwork, finger printed us, and then met one on one to go over the paperwork. Just waiting for an email back with the position to start.

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at US Postal Service in November 2012.

Applied Online at usps.com in October 2012, Got an Email to take a Drug Test that week. Took the Test, Passed, then received a phone call asking to come in for an interview in November, the interview is so simple, I probably wouldn't even call it an interview. At the Interview you're asked a few questions, "Do you know what a Support Employee is?" then you're given a brief description of the Job, next you fill out TONS of paper work for Everything from a background check to tax stuff took about an hour. Next they took fingerprints, then they said they will call you and give you the date of the next orientation, they called in December, my first day was December 8, 2012.

No negotiation, started at $14.89/hr.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service in November 2011.

I was called in for an interview. I arrived at the workplace. Hiring manager asked only one question which was do you want the job. I happily took the offer on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service in October 2012.

You have to apply online & create your own profile. you take a questionnaire, then you will have to take an assessment test @ a public place. They will give u a list of addresses of places by your home to take it. After u take it, if u got a high enough score to pass, then u will be under the eligible list. If you're lucky, they will email you like 4-5 emails regarding information on scheduling for your drug test, verifying on a background check, and showing your appointment for your interview. You take care of everything early, then you won't have to worry about going through any hassles during the process.

I showed up at the interview, basically was there from the early morning til' 12pm. If selected, they will give you a paper the schedule of your next final processing date & time. You will return abiding by their dress code which is business casual. You will have to be extremely patient because at this point you are already hired. 1 person had to go through everybody to process the final paperwork and made sure all apps were filled out correctly and thoroughly. Depending on how many spots they have left for filling in, we were very lucky because myself and the people on my table were the last 1s who filled in the spots after going through 40 people. The people behind us had to take off so they waited for nothing. They will go by the order of test scores by the way. Afterwards, they sent us to have our pics taken for our ID badges to be given when you attend the orientation. We didn't leave til 3pm that day, but it was worth it.

Interview Questions
    • None, only asks if your currently working and what shift you would prefer.   View Answers (34)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at US Postal Service in August 2012.

The interview is not even considered an interview really. It's conducted within a room of 15 other individuals who have succeeded as the same role as you. No dressing up, no one on one, just given your tax papers to sign and drug test papers to turn in. Also describe your job duties and what to look forward to once you get to your site, very generalized.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation phase, once your invited to the interview you are chosen for the job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service in June 2013.

You wait for 3 weeks or more to even get invited to an info session, then wait another 3-4 weeks to get a response. They are slow.