US Postal Service

Updated Oct 8, 2014

2.3

CCA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service in September 2014.

I went to the USPS website and took the first test. Right after I was sent to take the 473 exam. A few weeks later I got an email for a interview. The interview consisted of filling out paperwork and staff explaining to us what the job was about. A few days later I was sent an email for a drug screening and a form to fax for my background check. A few weeks later I received an email for medical screening, which consisted of filling out a questioner of all my medical history. A couple more weeks later I received an email to report to orientation. Orientation or (ONE) took 2 days and was your basic orientation going over pay, what your job consist of, and the operation of the Post Office. The 3rd day was Defensive driving, which was basically drivers training again. The next 2 days were Carrier Academy, which consisted of learning how delivery the mail, case the mail, and etc. The last day of training was Drivers Training, which was learning how to drive the LLV and for my station the FFV.

All this training was done in one week Mon-Fri, except for Drivers Training which was on the next Monday.

Training was not hard, its just a lot of information in a short amount of time.

A few days after training I was working a route with my OJI "On the Job Instructor"

Interview Questions
    No Negotiation. $15.30 per hour.

PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service in October 2013.

I applied online usps.com Oct 6 my 479 exam score was already taken in March 2013 my score 77.80 you need a score of 70 or higher to get the job. I was placed on the hiring list Oct 18. Then I was place on pre screening Oct 20. I'm looking to get an email for interview next week. I was told the hiring process takes 3 weeks. If you don't hear from them call because they will not call you, only correspond via email.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for usps?
      Any conflicts with a coworker or supervisor?
      Tell me a time when you went above and beyond
      for a customer?
      What would your pior employer say about you?
      Have you had any safety incidents in the past?
      What would you do if you have a item that is
      too heavy to lift?
      What would you do if you seen a coworker
      doing something he/she don't suppose to be doing?

View Answers (5)
    no negotiation on wage. $14.89

Xmas Casual Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at US Postal Service in June 2012.

This has been the most disaorganized longest confusing hiring process I've ever delt with when it comes to getting a job. I started my first day there today even though my interview was June 15th, and it is now November 17th.

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at US Postal Service in January 2010.

Basic interview. How would you solve problems outside your expertise? How do you solve problems. What are your expectations. Nothing fancy. Be interested. Ask about the job. Show some knowledge of your employer. Lots of info online.

You hear the phrase "going postal" now and then. You know what it means. I'll tell you right now, postal workers are some of the friendliest, most helpful I've ever known. They know you're not taking their job. I have never had a person not give me good advice - solicited or not - when I needed it.

Now this is a union environment. These people know the rules, and if so much as a hangnail is out of place or someone of lesser seniority gets OT, you'll know it, and hear about it. Often. Not a deal killer. Good to know the rules. They protect the USPS and the employees.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with a situation you don't have an answer for?   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Rca Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service in May 2009.

Must pass a written exam. Then interviewed by local PO

Interview Questions
    Be willing to work any time with hyours of notice

Mail Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service in January 2008.

You must first take a test that gives you a score from 1-100. You get extra points for being a veteran. If you score well (over 85) you will typically get a call back to come in as a group of 20-60 people. They then whittle it down based on scores and only interviews people that are called back.