US Postal Service

Updated Jan 16, 2015

1.8

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

PSE Clerk Interview

First you apply on-line. Than they will send you an invite to the exam. The exam is straight forward computer based. If you score decent 75 or better they will call you for an interview. The interview is a few questions. The ones I was asked is Why do you want to work here. How long have you been considering a job at the Post Office. Do early morning hours bother you.

None 15.63 an hour no benefits.

Other Interview Reviews for US Postal Service

PSE Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service in December 2014.

Applied Dec 1st 2014.....got an interview on the 23rd......ten people were invited to the interview....I was number 2 out of 10 for my test score (82.9) plus the ten point for my military disability. Got an email the next day for a drug test. I then received a call on 8 Jan 15 to come in as I was being hired. Start on the 12....

Interview Questions
    • only had a few question...standard " what would you do with an upset customer"   View Answer
    NONE...knew the offer when interviewed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at US Postal Service.

If you actually receive a call back for an interview you have the job pending you pass a drug test. It was a long process and very drawn out. A lot of uncertainty when training will begin or when I would start.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service.

The application was done online. I was called to setup to do a test which was done at an office in Boston. The test was long and had some very easy and hard parts. I passed. I was then called for a drug test which was at another office in Boston. I was then called for a 2 day orientation. Day one was an interview, forms and finger printing. Day 2 was a class. On the second day, we were assigned to our city and job.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't really asked many questions. We just talked about past experiences and it was a very easy process I was really already hired once someone spoke to me.   View Answer

PSE Clerk Interview

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service.

Went through email. The interview was in a room where four others were being interviewed as well. Kinda loud and distracting. However with it being for the holidays most everyone was hired. Con about that was my application DID NOT state such and I was not informed of it just being temp until after hired...

PSE Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at US Postal Service.

Process was very quick compared to a lot of other people I know that applied to the post office. Applied on the 10th of the month, had interview and job offer on the 18th.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service in December 2013.

Easy process. Took the initial exam and passed. They pick the top 3 applicants from hiring list for interview. Went for interview Questions were "Why do you want to work for USPS?, what would you do if your car would not start-how would you get to work?

No negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Forest Park, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Forest Park, IL

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at US Postal Service in October 2013.

First of all, the position was a seasonal one (*they didn't specify that it was during the application process). Also, it took quite some time to actually get interviewed. First, the company schedules you to take a skills test upon basic things (spelling, the address codes, memorizing the address locations, etc.). On the test, you must score at least at 70% or higher. After you receive your results, the company sends an e-mail to you indicating which facility to report to for a group interview. A few weeks later, they will tell you to report to another facility for orientation (ours was in Carol Stream, IL). If you don't make it there for the 2-day orientation, you will automatically become disqualified for employment. After attending both days f the orientations, the company will tell you that you will start within a few days afterwards depending upon the shift that you had previously selected.

Interview Questions
    • There were not any difficult questions that the recruiters had asked me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in O'Fallon, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in O'Fallon, MO

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview with the "acting Postmaster" - short, to-the-point

n/a

PSE Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at US Postal Service.

There was no real interview. We were told to come in for an "interview" and it was just a basic overview of the position. They then went down the list by who had the highest scores on the placement test. You gave them all your info and went to another room to get documentation to take a drug test. If you passed the drug test you are called back to get your fingeprints done and get your orientation information.

None