US Postal Service

Updated Feb 23, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grant, AL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grant, AL

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service in February 2015.

I have not had my interview yet it is tomorrow 2/23/2015.The process up to this point as been very fast I filled out an application on 2/1/15 where I scheduled an exam date of 2/5/2015. I went and took my test and had my results emailed to me within a few minutes of taking the exam I scored 83 not sure how well that is.I got a call for an interview on Friday 2/20/15.So i will let everyone know how it goes.

Other Interview Reviews for US Postal Service

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corsicana, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corsicana, TX

I applied in-person – interviewed at US Postal Service.

Easy interview! Very simple questions that are easy to answer. Two people were in the room they were both asking questions. Very friendly people told me all about the job. The interview was mostly them talking about the job.

Interview Questions
    • Can you handle basically being your own supervision?   View Answer
    No I was not. I just answered what they asked of me

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service.

Long and pointless waste of time and money . They were rude while coming to interview. I was asked about my personal life which I thought was strange. Overall I would not work for this company

Interview Questions

I didn't think the job was for me at this time

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service in December 2014.

I applied to work on Indeed.com which linked me to the USPS application website where you have to create an online profile and then do an online assessment test. After you do the assessment test, you have to schedule to take the exam at a testing center near you. It is a very easy website to use and the directions are very clear too. All the important information will also be sent to your email. Usually the test date can be scheduled for the next day or the following days. Once you take the test, the score will almost immediately be sent to your email and the waiting game begins. I have read multiple feeds that people have waited weeks and even months for the USPS to contact them after their test scored came in. For me personally it was a week since I got called for an interview for the following week. Went to the interview and filled out a lot of paperwork, the postmaster showed me around. It's a very small office compared to others. The town only has about an eight thousand population. The interview lasted about an hour. In general it was simply a conversation about the USPS and how, if selected, the process would proceed. Also an in depth explanation of the job, and the workplace. At the end of the interview, she gave me a sheet of paper that explained the procedure if selected for the position. After the interview all communication would be by email. The sheet of paper that was given to me had the step by step process of what to do if you were called. So after just a few days, the postmaster gave me a call and told me she was going to put my name forward. So now I had to follow those steps on that sheet of paper since I was selected. The steps were signing a background check authorization, a drug test that had to be done at a local hospital or medical center, and if that went well a final medical assessment. So after I scheduled the drug test and faxed the background check authorization, I received an email with instructions on how to fill out the medical assessment and when that was sent back (usually scanned) I got a call to attend orientation, which in my case was the week after. I had an interview Dec 26 2014, and orientation began January 12 2015. After two days of orientation I became a USPS subject matter expert. Things I never knew or thought about the USPS that I now know, for example that mail is still delivered by mules. In general, work ethic, regulations and safety is what is mostly talked about while at orientation. I now personally have to continue training next Thursday in Boston, and then go onto the Rural Carrier Academy the following week for three days. After that, I am still unaware of the schedule but will most likely be scheduled in additional day for the driving test. Once that happens I assume that I will start at the station I applied to. All in all, the process will take just a little over a month, however I am excited about the potential the USPS has to offer.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult part was trying to capture everything the postmaster was telling me without getting confused, since being a carrier isn't just hopping onto a truck and delivering mail. There's a whole process in the background that seems like it takes a lot of work.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiations as I knew what the position covered at the interview, and also the fact that the USPS hires new people in a certain way.

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 10+ monthsinterviewed at US Postal Service.

You go online to apply. You are then notified to when and where to take the test. After you get your results you will be notified when and where you are to go to an orientation/interview.

Anonymous Employee in Venice, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Venice, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service in November 2014.

applied online, took test at some place scored 83.7, received email for interview after around 10 days, went there there was 6 other peoples there, filled out papers, watched 2 videos on how the job is, interviewed 1 by 1 basic questions, got recommended on spot , looked at my car if it can be used on basic needs, after 1 day received emails for drug test and background check, did it all finshed in 2 days ( thnxgiving was next day) finished all on fri and nothing from them yet still waiting today in Thursday (3 business days).
    how long it take to get respond?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied in-person – interviewed at US Postal Service.

I applied about a month ago & was told to go take an online assessment. no need to study for you, just do the best you can. About a month later I recieved an email saying I had an interview. The interview was not really an interview. Multiple people were part of the interview. During the "interview", all the candidates were instructed to fill out tons of paperwork. within the paperwork there were typical interview questions to be answered but instead of answering out loud you were instructed to write your responses on the paper. Very laid back atmosphere

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an angry customer   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service.

Mostly done through email and fax. Receive an email for pre-screening, then for interview, then drug test, and then employment offer. Training was over an hour away but was paid.

no negotiation

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

Hi...I applied to several positions at the post office. I went to take the test and got at 83%. I live in new york but applied to positions in atlanta, ga. Based on the reviews i've read the email u pretty quickly. My question is being that i live in ny currently will the give me the opportunity to do an interview and training up here and in a few weeks transfer and work down there? Or will i just have to pick up and leave to go and do my interview and training down there?

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service in October 2014.

Applied online. Got a call about 2 weeks later to go into the post office for initial interview. Postmaster was super nice and seemed very professional. I filled out alot of papers. He showed me around the post office and what I would be doing, "casing" the mail first, before I delivered it. He made me my appt time to go get my drug screen. I passed that. Got an email I had to sign regarding my background check. Passed that. I go Nov. 17th to the postal academy for training. I know I will only be a sub and the only day I am guaranteed is Saturdays, but the postmaster promised I would get more hours than that. I am really looking forward to it!

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with an irate or upset person along your route who is expecting mail and has not received it yet?   View Answer