US Postal Service Rural Carrier Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

1.9

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

Was quick and smooth. Filled out the application online and was scheduled to take the cival service test right afterwards. I didnt know to study for the test so I just went in and took it. Was pretty common sense stuff with nothing to major to worry about, but studying wouldnt have been a bad idea. Within a week or so I was called for an interview which was just about like any other interview. Within 3 weeks of the interview I was emailed some papers to fill out and fax in for my background checks, as well as my drug test. Within 2 hours of taking my drug test I was offered a position and filled out my medical questionaire. Waiting now to hear back about my training. Overall, very easy process.

Interview Questions

• Was asked the normal questions that everyone always asks, the main one being, tell me a little bit about yourself. The best way to answer this is answered all over the internet and was a big help.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for US Postal Service

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

Interview

No interview. Still waiting. Applied online and passed the personality test. Then I took the postal exam test - passed. About 1-2 weeks after that, I took the drug test. This was a couple days ago. I have not heard back for an interview.

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

I applied on July 11th 2015 as soon as I submitted my application I got an email to do an online test it was about 100 questions on my personality. After that was submitted I had to schedule an appointment for my 473 exam. I completed the exam on 7/13 and passed with an 83%. On 7/14 I had to submit my background check and drug test. I am still waiting for an interview and will keep posting ...

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Birmingham, AL) in August 2015.

Interview

First I took assessment online after applying, then I received an email to take the exam. 2 weeks later I received an email for interview. Interview consisted of 20+ people. After interview I received email to consent background check and drug screen. Now I'm awaiting an email for offer.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good fit?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Douglasville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Douglasville, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

Went through their usual process for this position....online application, scheduled and completed exam, then submitted the required background/MVR checks and drug screen. Drove over 70 miles one-way to attend a group interview session (15 candidates and 1 hiring manager) where full disclosure of the position was released. The position only paid 16.65/hr, you needed to use your own vehicle (as long as you could reach the steering wheel and pedals from the front passenger seat and could reach out far enough to place the mail in the box), mileage was covered BUT they could only guarantee you work for 1 day a week. the rest of the week you were on standby in case someone called in sick. no vacation or benefits. Not a realistic opportunity if you want this as your full time job. Hiring manager did indicate the job could eventually turn into a full-time permanent slot (through attrition of other workers after 6-10 years).

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

Get called in for a group interview to find out what the job entails, many people will leave. Those that are still interested, take the exam. drug test, driving test and background check. The process can take months

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

I applied online 3/15/2015 on 3/23/2015 I received and email asking me to go take the 473 exam which I scored an 80 on. My application moved to hiring list on one application and prehire list on the other application on 4/23/2015. Today 7/10/2015 I received an email asking me to submit a form via fax to submit my background check!! I have not received any invite to do an interview so I am lost at what is going to go on now!! I am hoping this is a good sign. But many people are saying they have the interview before the background check is asked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (New York, NY).

Interview

I was hired as an RCA years ago and it was very different then compared to today. I took a test and indicated what offices I was interested. I was called for an interview and offered the job.

Interview Questions

• If I was flexible and available to be on call as needed.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was for a set wage.

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Reno, NV).

Interview

Mostly about how my experience would fit the job. Weather, strength, driving ability. I read several posts about an interview of this sort but they varied. My best advise is don't expect anything but to focus more on your attitude & making a connection.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Baltimore, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied for USPS online on 1/1/2015. Then as soon as I was done with the application online I received an email for an invitation to take the 473 Exam. They will allow for you to choose a day, time and location to take the Exam. Two days later, 1/3/2015, I took the exam and passed with with an 83%. A little over a week later, I received an email to do a background check and drug test screening. Havent heard or received any emails for a little over 5 weeks. Then on 2/20/2015 I finally received a phone call for a group and one on one interview on 2/24/2015. 18 other people were suppose to attend but only 8 attended. The interview was mostly about them describing the job. After the group interview they call you in for the one on one interview to make an offer. 2/27/2015 I received an email for an Extended Offer with USPS along with the Employment forms attached. Then I received another email for a Processing Appointment on 3/4/2015 to turn in my completed Employment forms to Local Services following the fingerprint process. Now I'm just waiting for the orientation and training.

Interview Questions

• Are you ok with working outside even in the rain or snow?   1 Answer
    • Have u ever had a job where they require for you to work outside?   1 Answer
    • Are you ok with not being able to receive benefits for one year?   1 Answer
    • How do u feel about being your own supervisor?   1 Answer