US Postal Service

Updated Dec 4, 2014

1.9

36 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

Lengthy process. Got apply online, take a proctored assessment, and get on the list. Once the list is determined, based on your scores, you will/will not be called in for the interview. If interviewed, and chosen, you go to a near by distribution center for orientation, training (general, specific, and/or driving.

Non negotiable payment.

Other Interview Reviews for US Postal Service

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at US Postal Service.

Pass written test. submit your name for post offices in your area where you are willing to work. Interview may be with Postmaster and/or other interviewers. You may be required have more than one interview. Interview followed by physical and drug test. It takes about 3 monhts to get into the post office be patient.

Interview Questions
    You do not negotiate when you are a union employee.

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service in July 2014.

Submitted online. They sent by email releases for drug screening and background. Then a group interview conducted at one of the main POs. Introductory briefing and then one-on-one interview with a manager. They selected hirees the same day and had us come back in the PM to complete paperwork. Start work 10 days later.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you prioritize issues that arise and you are on a short time strain.   View Answer
    None

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

Hi...I applied to several positions at the post office. I went to take the test and got at 83%. I live in new york but applied to positions in atlanta, ga. Based on the reviews i've read the email u pretty quickly. My question is being that i live in ny currently will the give me the opportunity to do an interview and training up here and in a few weeks transfer and work down there? Or will i just have to pick up and leave to go and do my interview and training down there?

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service in August 2014.

I took 473 Exam on 8/8, results were sent via email, I scored an 84.8. Was called in for an interview on 8/19. Interview was not really an interview. Postmaster went over job duties, basically a day in the life as a carrier. I filled out paperwork as far as tax forms. I was advised to look out for drug screening email. Waiting on email in order to continue hiring process and start job

No Negotiation Standard Salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service in July 2013.

Filled out an a application on the USPS.com website, set up a time and place to go and take the postal assessment test, went and did the testt, got an email that said I had an inter view already set up. when I went to the interview there were 17 other candidates that were in the room. They did not ask any questions. They just had a copy of my application that they read. Alfter I went home I waited a few days and they sent me an email saying that I needed to set up a time and place in that area to go and take a drug test. I went and did the drug test and waited a few days and they sent me an email telling me to go do orientation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at US Postal Service.

You must take the Postal Exam and make a very high grade on it. I made an 87, and I had 10 veterans preference points, which made me the first person on the postmaster's hiring list. She asked me standard behavioral interview questions, and questions about driving record.

none, they offer the standard advertised rate of 18.50 and hour to start.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied in-person – interviewed at US Postal Service.

I applied about a month ago & was told to go take an online assessment. no need to study for you, just do the best you can. About a month later I recieved an email saying I had an interview. The interview was not really an interview. Multiple people were part of the interview. During the "interview", all the candidates were instructed to fill out tons of paperwork. within the paperwork there were typical interview questions to be answered but instead of answering out loud you were instructed to write your responses on the paper. Very laid back atmosphere

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an angry customer   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service in February 2013.

Applied for the job online. It stated it was a full time position, and when I went for the interview it was not. After application, I went to take the battery. After a few days I recieved an email for an interview. The interview was very easy, in a conversation. I was just asked to rate myself on certain tasks, and was offered the job on the spot. I then started training, which took a few phases and a few weeks, and i start doing the actual job next week.

There is no negotiating salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service in June 2013.

The interview process is very simple. You come in with a number of other candidates and fill out paperwork as a group after being given an explanation of the positions being offered. Next you are fingerprinted and then you are interviewed. My interviewer was an amazingly nice and helpful man named Marty who had been with USPS for more than 30 years. They will ask a number of simple and common sense questions for you to answer and then give their recommendation on your file. After that its a waiting game, but a very simple process nonetheless.