US Postal Service Rural Carrier Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

1.9

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

Interview

Lengthy process. Got apply online, take a proctored assessment, and get on the list. Once the list is determined, based on your scores, you will/will not be called in for the interview. If interviewed, and chosen, you go to a near by distribution center for orientation, training (general, specific, and/or driving.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non negotiable payment.

Other Interview Reviews for US Postal Service

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

Pass written test. submit your name for post offices in your area where you are willing to work. Interview may be with Postmaster and/or other interviewers. You may be required have more than one interview. Interview followed by physical and drug test. It takes about 3 monhts to get into the post office be patient.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You do not negotiate when you are a union employee.

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service in July 2014.

Interview

Submitted online. They sent by email releases for drug screening and background. Then a group interview conducted at one of the main POs. Introductory briefing and then one-on-one interview with a manager. They selected hirees the same day and had us come back in the PM to complete paperwork. Start work 10 days later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you prioritize issues that arise and you are on a short time strain.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

Interview

Hi...I applied to several positions at the post office. I went to take the test and got at 83%. I live in new york but applied to positions in atlanta, ga. Based on the reviews i've read the email u pretty quickly. My question is being that i live in ny currently will the give me the opportunity to do an interview and training up here and in a few weeks transfer and work down there? Or will i just have to pick up and leave to go and do my interview and training down there?

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service (Reno, NV).

Interview

Mostly about how my experience would fit the job. Weather, strength, driving ability. I read several posts about an interview of this sort but they varied. My best advise is don't expect anything but to focus more on your attitude & making a connection.

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

Interview

No interview. Still waiting. Applied online and passed the personality test. Then I took the postal exam test - passed. About 1-2 weeks after that, I took the drug test. This was a couple days ago. I have not heard back for an interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service (Sacramento, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

They mass hire. Unless you can't pass a background or drug test, if they call for an interview, you're hired. They discuss the job, say they will fire if you call off work (they dont), and you are told it could be ten years before you get a full time position. It's true, some work only 16 hours a week after 8-12 years.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service (Baltimore, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

It was easy they ask you do you know anything about the job,are you OK with working outside in different types of weather, they ask about your work history and what can you contribute to being a USPS employee

Interview Questions

• If a post master ask you to do something then your boss ask you to do something who should yu listen too   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Griffin, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service (Griffin, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

So far I'm in the 4th week of the hiring process. I applied online 5/21/15. I had already taken the 473 exam previously, so I did not receive an email stating I had to again. On 6/8/15, I received an email for an invite to interview. I attended the interview 6/11/15. The interview consisted of a group presentation in which we were given a description of job. The HR Rep told us some locations required the use of our own vehicle and we were only guaranteeed one day out the week (normally a Saturday). She told everyone the disqualifiers of the position and stated if anyone wanted to leave they could after the presentation. Nevertheless, out of a group of over 50 people, over half left. Everyone was then called one by one for an interview. Interviews lasted no more than 3-5 minutes. questions were very typical and easy to answer. After the interview, we were told to wait for processing. Processing consisted of going over paperwork and choosing location preferences. The HR Rep made me feel very confident that I already had the job before leaving. I was told to watch out for email regarding the next steps (criminal background check and drug testing). Currently this is where I stand in the hiring process. Awaiting email!

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with customers?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had to deal with an angry customer? If so, how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • When you make a mistake, howvdonuou handle it?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever held a position where safety was important?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had to reach a goal that required others completing a task before beginning yours?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Douglasville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at US Postal Service (Douglasville, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online. They send you an email inviting you to take a test. Basically a memory test and if you score high then you will be asked to come in for an interview. For me it wasn't really an interview. If you pass the test you pretty much have the job and if you pass the background and drug test. When you do go to the "interview" it is a room full of people and there is a postmaster basically giving a brief description of the job. They tell you the good and the bad and if you don't think you can so the job they tell you that you can leave because they don't want to waste time and money on people that are not confident about doing the job.