US Postal Service Rural Carrier Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

1.9

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

Interview

Lengthy process. Got apply online, take a proctored assessment, and get on the list. Once the list is determined, based on your scores, you will/will not be called in for the interview. If interviewed, and chosen, you go to a near by distribution center for orientation, training (general, specific, and/or driving.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non negotiable payment.

Other Interview Reviews for US Postal Service

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

Pass written test. submit your name for post offices in your area where you are willing to work. Interview may be with Postmaster and/or other interviewers. You may be required have more than one interview. Interview followed by physical and drug test. It takes about 3 monhts to get into the post office be patient.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You do not negotiate when you are a union employee.

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service in July 2014.

Interview

Submitted online. They sent by email releases for drug screening and background. Then a group interview conducted at one of the main POs. Introductory briefing and then one-on-one interview with a manager. They selected hirees the same day and had us come back in the PM to complete paperwork. Start work 10 days later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you prioritize issues that arise and you are on a short time strain.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

Interview

Hi...I applied to several positions at the post office. I went to take the test and got at 83%. I live in new york but applied to positions in atlanta, ga. Based on the reviews i've read the email u pretty quickly. My question is being that i live in ny currently will the give me the opportunity to do an interview and training up here and in a few weeks transfer and work down there? Or will i just have to pick up and leave to go and do my interview and training down there?

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service (Reno, NV).

Interview

Mostly about how my experience would fit the job. Weather, strength, driving ability. I read several posts about an interview of this sort but they varied. My best advise is don't expect anything but to focus more on your attitude & making a connection.

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

Interview

No interview. Still waiting. Applied online and passed the personality test. Then I took the postal exam test - passed. About 1-2 weeks after that, I took the drug test. This was a couple days ago. I have not heard back for an interview.

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

I applied online 3/15/2015 on 3/23/2015 I received and email asking me to go take the 473 exam which I scored an 80 on. My application moved to hiring list on one application and prehire list on the other application on 4/23/2015. Today 7/10/2015 I received an email asking me to submit a form via fax to submit my background check!! I have not received any invite to do an interview so I am lost at what is going to go on now!! I am hoping this is a good sign. But many people are saying they have the interview before the background check is asked.

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service in February 2013.

Interview

Applied for the job online. It stated it was a full time position, and when I went for the interview it was not. After application, I went to take the battery. After a few days I recieved an email for an interview. The interview was very easy, in a conversation. I was just asked to rate myself on certain tasks, and was offered the job on the spot. I then started training, which took a few phases and a few weeks, and i start doing the actual job next week.

Negotiation

There is no negotiating salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at US Postal Service (Tallahassee, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

It have been a month since I started my hiring process. Two days ago I took my drug test and submitted my background check!!! I wonder how long should it take for it to comeback??? Overall the interview questions was cake, very easy. The interviewer was basically letting you know what they expect!! At the group interview they basically tried to scare ppl away with what you will be doing on the job!!! Please don't be weak minded and give up based on a discription!!!

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work long hours and multiple days consecutive sometimes a full week??   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Douglasville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at US Postal Service (Douglasville, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online. They send you an email inviting you to take a test. Basically a memory test and if you score high then you will be asked to come in for an interview. For me it wasn't really an interview. If you pass the test you pretty much have the job and if you pass the background and drug test. When you do go to the "interview" it is a room full of people and there is a postmaster basically giving a brief description of the job. They tell you the good and the bad and if you don't think you can so the job they tell you that you can leave because they don't want to waste time and money on people that are not confident about doing the job.