US Small Business Administration

US Small Business Administration Interview Questions

Updated Jan 17, 2015
Updated Jan 17, 2015

Finance Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at US Small Business Administration.

Lengthy. Standard interview questions. Some dumb questions: "explain why you left company x" when it is very clear on your resume that you moved to another state far away! Standard interview.

Interview Questions
    • Standard interview questions. Some dumb questions: "explain why you left company x" when it is very clear on your resume that you moved to another state far away! Standard interview.   View Answer
    No negotiation possible.

Public Affairs Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at US Small Business Administration in October 2014.

Job was announced on USAJOBS.gov. Once your application is submitted, it is evaluated by HR specialist. Evaluation consisted of a review of your resume, occupational questionnaire, and other documents required that are listed in the job announcement. Interview panel of three top administrators. District Director, Deputy District Director, Program Support Assistant Executive Direction. Each score interview performance separately. Scores are combine for a total score.

Interview Questions
    • What in your experience do you think prepared you to be the public affairs specialist for this district?   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

No interview. I just received an email stating I was selected for the position.

Loan Officer Interview

I heard through friends that the SBA was hiring loan processors to assist Sandy victims. I called HR and was instructed to email them a resume. Within a few days, I received a call from a supervisor requesting I come in for an interview that day or the next (Saturday). I interviewed on Saturday and was hired. Orientation was Monday and training started on Tuesday.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Salary grade assigned. I accepted.

Commercial Loan Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at US Small Business Administration.

Hired as a contractor. Work was evaluated for over a year. After a while I was offered a full time job at the same Agency doing the same work. I took it.

Interview Questions
    • The job interview was over an entire year. No specific interview questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. I filled out a USA jobs.com posting and they offered me a GS-12 position as it was equivalent to my contractor salary.

Loan Officer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at US Small Business Administration in February 2013.

The interviewed consisted of a 15 minute phone interview. My resume had been submitted by an existing employee. SBA needed several more people to handle the large volume of loan applicants after Hurricane Sandy. Phone interview one day, went in to sign employment documents the next day, picked up ID badges the 3rd day, started training immediately.

Interview Questions
    • I don't believe any questions were difficult or unexpected.   View Answer
    Temporary position, no negotiation required.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied in-person – interviewed at US Small Business Administration in August 2011.

Initial interview was conduct by two people (Dept Manager and Supervisor). It was a brief overview of the resume and wiliness to learn new things. After the interview, I was introduced to the Deputy Director and the experience I have in supply and inventory and distribution.

NA

Disaster Reservist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at US Small Business Administration in October 2009.

While awaiting interview in the lobby my credit was pulled and during initial interview I was asked a few questions regarding my credit report and any info deemed derogatory.

Auditor-Intern Interview

C. Understanding of Accounting Regulations
    3. Phone call with offer, then an offer letter two weeks later

None- GS level

Loan Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at US Small Business Administration.

The interview process was fairly easy and straight forward depending on the level of disasters. They may be eager to hire just about anyone without a background in finance or economics. Since it's government job, be prepared for a thorough background check which starts with the interviewing process. Be prepared to answer questions regarding ethical behaviors and sound judgement.

Interview Questions
    • Would you have a problem reporting a Senior Loan Officer supervising you to their superior?   Answer Question