US Small Business Administration Interview Questions

Updated Jul 10, 2014
Updated Jul 10, 2014

Customer Service Representative Interview

No interview. I just received an email stating I was selected for the position.

Loan Officer Interview

I heard through friends that the SBA was hiring loan processors to assist Sandy victims. I called HR and was instructed to email them a resume. Within a few days, I received a call from a supervisor requesting I come in for an interview that day or the next (Saturday). I interviewed on Saturday and was hired. Orientation was Monday and training started on Tuesday.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Salary grade assigned. I accepted.

Commercial Loan Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at US Small Business Administration.

Hired as a contractor. Work was evaluated for over a year. After a while I was offered a full time job at the same Agency doing the same work. I took it.

Interview Questions
    • The job interview was over an entire year. No specific interview questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. I filled out a USA jobs.com posting and they offered me a GS-12 position as it was equivalent to my contractor salary.

Loan Officer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at US Small Business Administration in February 2013.

The interviewed consisted of a 15 minute phone interview. My resume had been submitted by an existing employee. SBA needed several more people to handle the large volume of loan applicants after Hurricane Sandy. Phone interview one day, went in to sign employment documents the next day, picked up ID badges the 3rd day, started training immediately.

Interview Questions
    • I don't believe any questions were difficult or unexpected.   View Answer
    Temporary position, no negotiation required.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied in-person – interviewed at US Small Business Administration in August 2011.

Initial interview was conduct by two people (Dept Manager and Supervisor). It was a brief overview of the resume and wiliness to learn new things. After the interview, I was introduced to the Deputy Director and the experience I have in supply and inventory and distribution.

NA

Disaster Reservist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at US Small Business Administration in October 2009.

While awaiting interview in the lobby my credit was pulled and during initial interview I was asked a few questions regarding my credit report and any info deemed derogatory.

Auditor-Intern Interview

C. Understanding of Accounting Regulations
    3. Phone call with offer, then an offer letter two weeks later

None- GS level

Loan Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at US Small Business Administration.

The interview process was fairly easy and straight forward depending on the level of disasters. They may be eager to hire just about anyone without a background in finance or economics. Since it's government job, be prepared for a thorough background check which starts with the interviewing process. Be prepared to answer questions regarding ethical behaviors and sound judgement.

Interview Questions
    • Would you have a problem reporting a Senior Loan Officer supervising you to their superior?   Answer Question

Director of Credit and Underwriting Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at US Small Business Administration in March 2011.

The SBA has a very structured interview process. After an extensive pre-screening process which involves writing essays regarding executive core qualifications, second, a review of the applications by a group of HR professionals outside the organization who refer the candidates to the hiring organization and finally a review by the organization's HR group to determine who gets to go forward in the process. The interview consists of a panel with the hiring manager, corporate counsel, HR, and a manager one level above the hiring manager. The interview is structured with 12 questions and is set for exactly one hour. You are not allowed to take any notes and can only ask one question at the end of the interview. The panel will only consider your answers to the 12 questions in making their hiring decision. You are not allowed contact with the panel before or after the interview and you are not allowed to send thank you notes to the individual members of the panel.

Interview Questions
    • Describe in detail a project where you had to use one or more of the core competencies for which you provided answers in the application process.   Answer Question

Program Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at US Small Business Administration in November 2009.

Surprise group interview after implying it was a one on one conversation. Four people talked over one another trying to get you to do some business case assessments. What they really want is a simple Net Present Value calculations. Not very polite and someone left during the interview. Anonymous email sent to inform you of outcome.

Interview Questions
    • Why should you borrow from the SBA rather than a bank based on interest parameters provided.   Answer Question