USA Today Interview Questions

Updated Aug 9, 2015

2.9

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at USA Today.

Interview

Submitted an online application, heard directly from a department head a few months later. Was interviewed via phone. The dept. head said that he had a few more applicants to interview and then would get back to me either way in a week.

Interview Questions

• He had very few questions for me. If I didn't have a lot of questions prepared, the interview would have ended in 10 minutes.   Answer Question

USA TODAY College Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USA Today (McLean, VA).

Interview

I submitted my resume and application online through the website. A few days later I received an email to schedule phone interview and proceed to interviewed over the phone a few days late. I received an email I made it to the final stage and was then offered position about a week later.

UXUI Designer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at USA Today in May 2014.

Interview

The in person interview was long. It lasted over 4 hours. I heard a lot about the company and what they were doing and a lot about what their competition was doing. There were no technical questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They gave me what i asked for.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at USA Today (McLean, VA).

Interview

It took about 2 weeks. A lot of email communication. I talked to them then was invited to interview with other people. It was difficult to talk to some people who kept asking the same question, clearly didn't like my response even though most managers like the answer. They called all of my references and said I was in the running. They did tell me I did not get the position which was a positive.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at USA Today in February 2013.

Interview

Phone call with HR/Recruiter, then onto interviewing with direct Manager then Director of department. Offer the position within 24 hours.

Interview Questions

• None, pretty much standard garden variety...i.e." Tell us a time when you saw an error in procedure, and what did you do to improve that procedure"   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation - this was an entry level position

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at USA Today (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied online then messaged my boss via LinkedIn and was able to set up a meeting. Only got the interview because I reached out to him that way. Had two interviews (boss and colleague) and then waited for a few weeks before hearing back. The whole process from application to acceptance took over two months.

Interview Questions

• Explain some previous work samples that I brought with me in great detail. Wouldn't have thought he would dive so deeply into my work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

National Accounts Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at USA Today (McLean, VA) in November 2012.

Interview

My interview process took approximately three months from the initial online application to the job offer. There was a phone interview, then an in-person interview with the direct manager, followed by a panel interview that included role playing a presentation for a client. I probably wouldn't have been given an interview if I hadn't contacted the manager directly.

Interview Questions

• I'm afraid I don't remember the most difficult or unexpected question; however I had less than 24 hours to prepare my presentation for the final round interview.   Answer Question

Sales for Travel Division Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at USA Today (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Typical interview- no surprises

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with internal silos and building teamwork?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at USA Today (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA) in December 2011.

Interview

Found the internship posting on my college job site. Applied to a different position and actually have my resume passed to the communications and marketing team, which I was more interested in. Had two phone interviews and an in-person interview. The whole process moved very quickly.

Interview Questions

• What types of communications experience have you had? What are your goals?   Answer Question

Advertising Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at USA Today (McLean, VA) in September 2011.

Interview

My interview experience at USA Today was overall pretty good. I was not offered the position in the end. I interviewed with two people at the same time. The interview was behavioral based. I was asked the generic interview questions such as biggest weakness, what do I know about USA Today, what my greatest strengths are. The people who interviewed me spent a lot of time with me, which was nice since I traveled out of town to be there.