USA for Unhcr

Relevance Date Difficulty

FACE to FACE FUNDRAISER Interview

FACE to FACE FUNDRAISER
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at USA for Unhcr in May 2013.

Interview Details – Found job on Craigslist. Sent in resume via email. Established an in-person interview date. Normal procedure is for city coordinator to conduct interview. I was unique in that my interview was conducted by a senior management staff member.

Interview Question – Honestly don't remember what most of the questions for the interview process were   Answer Question

Face-to-Face Fundraiser Interview

Face-to-Face Fundraiser
Miami, FL

I applied online and interviewed at USA for Unhcr.

Interview Details – Show up, presentable and motivated. Interviewer is very professional. Recommended.

Interview Question – Hello.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – NA

Very Easy Interview

Face-to-Face Fundraiser Interview

Face-to-Face Fundraiser
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at USA for Unhcr in July 2012.

Interview Details – Found the ad on craigslist and should have known it sounded too good to be true. You email the recruiter in Washington DC who will then schedule and interview. They will schedule an interview with ANYONE who emails them.

Interview will mainly consist of them trying to convince you what a great job this is, how worthy the cause is, and how much room their is for growth.

Regardless of what they tell you retention is under 10% in this office.

Interview Question – There weren't many questions. If you can talk and walk they will hire you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. Offer was sent in an email and had outdated information, but given that they hire 3-5 people weekly that isn't surprising.

Fundraiser Interview

Fundraiser
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at USA for Unhcr.

Interview Details – Idealists beware. Seems like an organization you would be proud to work for, but the information provided during the interview process is inflated to say the least. Many things I was told were exaggerated or completely untrue. The interviewer did most of the talking, as if she was selling me on the position. It seems that if you show that you care about world issues and are eager to work you will get an offer.

Interview Question – What do you know about refugees?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was an email. It arrived later than I was told I would receive it and had incorrect hiring information throughout; as if it were a template that had not been customized to my offer.

Worked for USA for Unhcr? Contribute to the Community!