USAA Interview Questions in Arizona

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online then was asked to take an assessment. After I passed that I was scheduled for a phone interview with a recruiter. The recruiter then scheduled me or an interview with a hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a scenario when you provided excellent customer service.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

Process took two months from initial application, phone interview, in-person interview and background check. The entire process was very relaxed with the usual questions of time management and stress management being asked. Be clear and concise with your resume as you will be asked about your previous experience in a call center environment. Also, all answers will be written down so I highly suggest to be succinct with your responses.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a situation when someone was upset with you?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online for two positions available at the Phoenix, Arizona location. Received email to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview lasted about 20 minutes. Received email within half-hour of completing phone interview requesting second interview at Phoenix campus. Face-to-face interview was with two human resource folks and someone on the phone via conference call. Standard questions - situational, describe a time . . . Lasted approximately 40 minutes. Waiting to hear back.

Financial Foundations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a USAA recruiter based on an application from several months ago. I had to fill out an application, and then take an assessment. The assessment covered allot of ground and included some simulations of computer systems similar to the ones USAA uses. I was then notified that I would have a phone interview. Phone interview was pretty straight forward. Once past the phone interview, they started the background investigation and drug test and scheduled the on-campus interview. This process took about a month and then the form letter came 4 days later "we regret to inform you..." This is a very stressful and drawn out process.

Interview Questions

• Role play to sell a travel package to a client.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

Did online assessment which involved typing and personality questions. Had phone interview within 4 days and face to face 3 days later. The background screen was ridiculous. I have over 20 years of job history and they kept asking for more documentation. I feel like if I had less experience it would have been easier to get hired.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

Filled out application online and took assessment test. Received email for phone interview, conducted phone interview with recruiter and was provided details of job. Was told that I would be contacted in a couple of days if selected for the position. It was a positive experience. It is a good company.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience where you had to overcome a hostile customer on the phone.   Answer Question

Financial Foundations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2014.

Interview

Assessment test, Phone interview first. Then called in for in-person interview. Two people in the room with one typing your responses and the other the lead in asking questions. Lots and lots of questions about whether you have done sales or not. Background check was quite extensive. The company definitely has a good reputation and deals with a lot of military so the expectation was quite high on what they would ask. It was a little nerve wrecking. Application online was a little annoying and it seemed like you had redundant information entered over and over again at many steps in the process.

Interview Questions

• The usual, "Tell me about a time when" -you reached a goal, -had a difficult situation, -disagreed with a boss or coworker, - what you did, how you did it, and what was the results.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I submitted my resume October 1st, and the next week I had a typing test and personality test. I then had a phone interview, a few days later I was called back to schedule an in person interview. My in person interview was Tuesday and one week later I was called back with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me about a time when you had to deliver bad news to a customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiating. They give you an offer and you either accept or decline. They do discuss you benefits and compensation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2014.

Interview

First round interview was by phone. If you make it to the next round you have dinner with some of the employees and other potential interns at a nice restaurant. If you live far they will pay for your hotel. Last round interview is at USAA. It is a pretty cool deal!

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you experienced a conflict with someone else and what did you do to overcome it?   Answer Question

Financial Foundations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online and it took 2-3 weeks to hear anything back. They emailed me an assessment which was basically a personality test and a few call center simulations. About a week later I got an email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was about 15 minutes long and just a few very basic interview questions. It was a little bit awkward because the interviewer was typing the whole time I spoke, but she was very friendly and easy to talk to. At the end of the phone call, she gave me the option of doing the second and final interview on the campus or over the phone (since I don't live in the area), and she stressed that it made absolutely no difference to her. I thought that was kind of weird, but I decided to just go to the campus and do the interview in person. We scheduled the interview for the following week. The in-person interview was also quite easy. The interviewer was super nice and made me feel comfortable, so that was probably why. They have a hallway of tiny rooms with thin walls and tiny desks that I assume they use specifically for interviewing, because there was a woman with the same interview time as me and they took us each into separate tiny rooms next to each other. Unlike others, I didn't have two people in the room when I interviewed but there was someone on speaker phone (she was from another USAA office in another state) who was basically silent the entire time except when she introduced herself at the very beginning and then when she thanked me at the end. The main interviewer (the one who was physically in the room with me) just asked a series of standard interview questions, some of them were even the same as the phone interview. She asked for a paper copy of my resume and skimmed over it. I had a list of references ready, but she never asked for them. She told me I'd hear from the recruiter I was working around the beginning of the following week. On Monday or Tuesday of the following week, I got an email congratulating me on the interview and letting me know that they were just waiting on a few more things from my background check.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went out of your way for a customer and what happened.   Answer Question

The pay is non-negotiable-- $36K/year. They told me I'd be working evenings and weekends for a while because they give shifts based on seniority. One of the questions I asked in the interview was about retention and the interviewer basically told me it's very low (she even admitted it's lower than other call centers in the area) because many people have issues with attendance. This was a huge red flag to me that people don't like working there and don't feel valued enough to even show up.