USAA

Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Foundations Associate Interview

Financial Foundations Associate
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and interviewed at USAA.

Interview Details – Hiring process was pretty straight forward. Initial interview with recruiter followed by an interview at the facility with two managers. Whole process took about a month. One manager asked questions while the or he took notes.

Interview Question – Most questions were name a time when....   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The salary was lower than I was looking for and I felt like the opportunity for time off down the road was slim. I just wanted to know that in case of an emergency with my kids I would be supported. When I questioned that with the recruiter I never heard back.

Financial Foundations Associate Interview

Financial Foundations Associate
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at USAA in March 2011.

Interview Details – Fairly quick interview process. I just wish they had been more truthful about what the position entailed. The interviewer asked questions about how to service an angry customer (typical stuff) and laid the very basic function of the job but making sound like the primary focus. Over the course of the next few months, it became very clear to me that I had been duped. The position is a sales position; plain and simple. And the membership does not like it. At all.

Interview Question – I honestly don't remember.   Answer Question

Financial Foundations Specialist Interview

Financial Foundations Specialist
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at USAA in May 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview, followed by phone interview, drug testing, on line assessment, and background check. Final interview with HR mgr and dept mgr at home site. Less than one hour to complete.

Interview Question – Pretending to be a travel agent and overcoming objections that have nothing to do with insurance.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at USAA in January 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview and face to face met with 2 managers both asking questions

Bank Operations Specialist Interview

Bank Operations Specialist
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at USAA in October 2013.

Interview Details – Initial interview- phone; describe your current duties, explain why would you like to work for USAA.
Take Online Test for comprehension and basic logic and sequencing test.
Secondary in Person Interview - describe your work experience and relationship building skills
Background Investigation-extensive, submit W-2 from previous employer, list schools, contact info to verify past employment

Interview Question – None, just be yourself. Explain how you overcame a difficult situation with a customer or internal customer. Be specific, detailed and explain the results.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Financial Foundations Specialist Interview

Financial Foundations Specialist
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at USAA in March 2012.

Interview Details – First a phone interview, then if selected in person behavioral interview.

Interview Question – Really nothing out of the ordinary. "Tell me about yourself" was probably the most difficult, and that's easy.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not really any negotiation. Salary offered, enough employees applying where they weren't willing to negotiate.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Claims Adjuster
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at USAA in December 2013.

Interview Details – 1-Got called did a phone screening
2-Met with USAA supervisors and interviewed
3-Got called for second interview
4-Went to have dinner with other USAA managers
5-Went to final interview

Interview Question – Tell me of a time that you had to deliver bad news   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Senior Member Services Representative Interview

Senior Member Services Representative
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at USAA in February 2009.

Interview Details – Excellent, easy, the interviewers are excited and happy that you want to work there.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to calm an irate customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy. I was at ease immediately. The questions made me think, but not stutter or freeze.

Financial Advisor III Interview

Financial Advisor III

Interviewed at USAA

Interview Details – I submitted my information (resume) online. Got a an email invite to submit a full, online application. Thereafter I was scheduled for a brief phone screen with the USAA recruiter. After passing the phone screen, I was scheduled for a face-to-face meeting with the hiring managers (2 of them).

Interview Question – Tell us your weaknesses...   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at USAA in June 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring process is actually trivial. They already know your qualifications so the process is to determine if you fit in. Be very professional (no joking), very polite, and ask for the job.

Interview Question – Tell me when you had to fire someone and why.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any.

Worked for USAA? Contribute to the Community!