USAA Claims Adjuster Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2015

2.9

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

I did initial on line assessment then I got a phone interview passed and then did the face to face interview. I have no prior experience but I recently graduated with bachelors. I haven't heard anything yet i had my face to face interview last Friday. I thought being a military spouse might helped but not sure

Other Interview Reviews for USAA

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online, process didn't take very long. About a week later I got an email to set up a phone interview the following week. I did the phone interview and everything seem to go great. It took two days to receive an email saying I was NOT selected to move forward with the interview and all the other three different positions I had applied for were also changed to NOT selected.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make a difficult notification.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

After the application was filled out online I received an email to complete an online assessment. That consisted of a typing test and a "which best describes you" questionnaire. After this I was given a phone interview. The phone interview was questions such as: Tell me a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?, Tell me a time a decision didn't go as planned. After the phone interview you go for a drug test and schedule an in-person interview. The in-person interview were essentially the same questions. During this process you are going through a background check also.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you led a group of people to reach a common goal.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (Colorado Springs, CO) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied on and I was required to take an assessment test. Then, I had to fill out another preliminary application. This process took about 2 weeks. Afterwards, I received an e-mail and had 24 hours to complete a urine test at a location by my house (the only reason this was stressful was because my husband had surgery, but regardless, I had to take the test and I passed it but then I had to run back to the hospital). I had a phone interview which I passed and then a second interview with two hiring managers. One of the hiring managers wasn't able to attend but the interview was still pretty relaxed and comfortable. Then, I had to go through a verification process through hire-right and had to send them copies of my W2 as well as a criminal history form for them to collect information from my home state. I received an offer via e-mail and was directed to a website to either accept or decline.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty straightforward: 1) What do you know about claims adjusting and this particular position? 2) Do you have any experience in adjusting? 3) Tell me about a time a customer was upset and how you handled the situation? 4) Have you ever had to deliver unexpected or upsetting news? 5) Why do you want to work for USAA? 6) What are your career goals?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2013.

Interview

1-Got called did a phone screening 2-Met with USAA supervisors and interviewed 3-Got called for second interview 4-Went to have dinner with other USAA managers 5-Went to final interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time that you had to deliver bad news   1 Answer

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

I went to a Career fair at my university. I talked to the people at the booth and gave them my resume. I never went online and applied, but they ended up contacting me 1 week later to schedule my first interview. They were very flexible with my interview time, because I had a class during the original time. I just had my first interview today, and they said they will contact me one way or the other if I made it to the second round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your major and why you picked it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had a lot of options to choose from and how did you go about choosing the right one.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a really good working relationship with somebody and why did it work out.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to work with a large group of people and it was difficult.   Answer Question
    • What is/was your favorite class in school and why.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2013.

Interview

phone, on-line and panel interview which was challenging but attainable. The interview was professional, the phone interview was quick and to the point and the panel interview was a little intimidating but the interviewers were excellent at allowing me to relax.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for usaa   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was not a negotiation phase.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Interview

Was an internal hire so it was fairly straight forward - applied on the internal career center with resume. Received email inviting for an in person interview. Did the interview (1 on 1) and about a week or two later received the job offer to start about a month or so later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deliver a difficult message. (Situation, Action, Result/Outcome)   Answer Question

Negotiation

No salary negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2012.

Interview

I had an on campus interview with 2 friendly usaa employees, they asked the basic interview questions. I have been asked to come to a 2nd interview on their phoenix campus, I have not yet had the 2nd interview. The night before the interview i have been invited to a pre interview dinner with other potential prospects.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you have exhibited great customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview process took about 3 months from application to finalize a shin might be process was smoved and seamless. But the wait was well worth it because USAA is one of the best places to work in the United States of America