USAA

Updated Nov 5, 2014

2.9

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Claims Adjuster Interview

I applied online – interviewed at USAA.

I did initial on line assessment then I got a phone interview passed and then did the face to face interview. I have no prior experience but I recently graduated with bachelors. I haven't heard anything yet i had my face to face interview last Friday. I thought being a military spouse might helped but not sure

Other Interview Reviews for USAA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at USAA in July 2014.

Applied online, process didn't take very long. About a week later I got an email to set up a phone interview the following week. I did the phone interview and everything seem to go great. It took two days to receive an email saying I was NOT selected to move forward with the interview and all the other three different positions I had applied for were also changed to NOT selected.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to make a difficult notification.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at USAA.

After the application was filled out online I received an email to complete an online assessment. That consisted of a typing test and a "which best describes you" questionnaire. After this I was given a phone interview. The phone interview was questions such as: Tell me a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?, Tell me a time a decision didn't go as planned.
    After the phone interview you go for a drug test and schedule an in-person interview. The in-person interview were essentially the same questions. During this process you are going through a background check also.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you led a group of people to reach a common goal.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online – interviewed at USAA in January 2014.

I applied on and I was required to take an assessment test. Then, I had to fill out another preliminary application. This process took about 2 weeks. Afterwards, I received an e-mail and had 24 hours to complete a urine test at a location by my house (the only reason this was stressful was because my husband had surgery, but regardless, I had to take the test and I passed it but then I had to run back to the hospital). I had a phone interview which I passed and then a second interview with two hiring managers. One of the hiring managers wasn't able to attend but the interview was still pretty relaxed and comfortable. Then, I had to go through a verification process through hire-right and had to send them copies of my W2 as well as a criminal history form for them to collect information from my home state. I received an offer via e-mail and was directed to a website to either accept or decline.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty straightforward:
      1) What do you know about claims adjusting and this particular position?
      2) Do you have any experience in adjusting?
      3) Tell me about a time a customer was upset and how you handled the situation?
      4) Have you ever had to deliver unexpected or upsetting news?
      5) Why do you want to work for USAA?
      6) What are your career goals?
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at USAA in December 2013.

1-Got called did a phone screening
    2-Met with USAA supervisors and interviewed
    3-Got called for second interview
    4-Went to have dinner with other USAA managers
    5-Went to final interview

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of a time that you had to deliver bad news   View Answer

Claims Adjuster Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at USAA.

I went to a Career fair at my university. I talked to the people at the booth and gave them my resume. I never went online and applied, but they ended up contacting me 1 week later to schedule my first interview. They were very flexible with my interview time, because I had a class during the original time. I just had my first interview today, and they said they will contact me one way or the other if I made it to the second round of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me your major and why you picked it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had a lot of options to choose from and how did you go about choosing the right one.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a really good working relationship with somebody and why did it work out.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to work with a large group of people and it was difficult.   Answer Question
    • What is/was your favorite class in school and why.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Was an internal hire so it was fairly straight forward - applied on the internal career center with resume. Received email inviting for an in person interview. Did the interview (1 on 1) and about a week or two later received the job offer to start about a month or so later.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had to deliver a difficult message. (Situation, Action, Result/Outcome)   Answer Question
    No salary negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at USAA in February 2012.

I had an on campus interview with 2 friendly usaa employees, they asked the basic interview questions. I have been asked to come to a 2nd interview on their phoenix campus, I have not yet had the 2nd interview. The night before the interview i have been invited to a pre interview dinner with other potential prospects.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you have exhibited great customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at USAA in March 2011.

I had my phone interview which went well, at which point they asked me the complete a drug test and a background check. They also set up a face to face interview for my and the two hiring managers for the department. The face to face interview went pretty well as far as I knew, it lasted about 45 to 50 minutes. I left and got an email the next day just saying they were pursuing other candidates. I was pretty upset about it considering I felt like I had all of the qualifications and more, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

Interview Questions
    • I do not recall really any of the questions enough to rephrase them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at USAA in October 2010.

I was already an employee so the hiring process was slightly different than the normal process. I had the interview with the group panel first. They asked me to provide examples of how I handled situations where I had to deliver bad news.

There is room within each skill set to receive higher pay. Negotiate the best salary you can when you start with the company because it will not increase as much later. Typical pay increases are COLA related.