USAA Claims Adjuster Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at USAA (Colorado Springs, CO) in August 2009.

Interview

panel interview, criminal - work history- financial background check, fingerprint check, drug test, online skills test, then you might get an offer. if you have something to hide, do not apply, they will find it.

Interview Questions

• give an example when...   1 Answer
  • the questions are looking for though processes & behaviors.   1 Answer

Negotiation

they don't, you accept or deny, no middle ground

Other Interview Reviews for USAA

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2013.

Interview

1-Got called did a phone screening
    2-Met with USAA supervisors and interviewed
    3-Got called for second interview
    4-Went to have dinner with other USAA managers
    5-Went to final interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time that you had to deliver bad news   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online, process didn't take very long. About a week later I got an email to set up a phone interview the following week. I did the phone interview and everything seem to go great. It took two days to receive an email saying I was NOT selected to move forward with the interview and all the other three different positions I had applied for were also changed to NOT selected.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make a difficult notification.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at USAA.

Interview

I did initial on line assessment then I got a phone interview passed and then did the face to face interview. I have no prior experience but I recently graduated with bachelors. I haven't heard anything yet i had my face to face interview last Friday. I thought being a military spouse might helped but not sure

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2013.

Interview

phone, on-line and panel interview which was challenging but attainable. The interview was professional, the phone interview was quick and to the point and the panel interview was a little intimidating but the interviewers were excellent at allowing me to relax.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for usaa   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was not a negotiation phase.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview process took about 3 months from application to finalize a shin might be process was smoved and seamless. But the wait was well worth it because USAA is one of the best places to work in the United States of America

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2011.

Interview

I had my phone interview which went well, at which point they asked me the complete a drug test and a background check. They also set up a face to face interview for my and the two hiring managers for the department. The face to face interview went pretty well as far as I knew, it lasted about 45 to 50 minutes. I left and got an email the next day just saying they were pursuing other candidates. I was pretty upset about it considering I felt like I had all of the qualifications and more, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

Interview Questions

• I do not recall really any of the questions enough to rephrase them.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at USAA in April 2011.

Interview

I applied online, and listed an employee referral. Two and a half weeks later, I still hadn't received a response to my application. However, I attended a career fair where several USAA managers were present, and spoke with a few of them. They informed me that the way their application system works, it will only pull the first 100 applications. So if your application is number 101, they won't see it at all. Therefore, if you don't hear back about a position and it becomes available again, you should absolutely re-apply.

The next day, I received an email scheduling me for a phone interview. After my phone interview, I was immediately scheduled for an in-person interview. In the meantime, I needed to complete a drug test and begin my background check process.

For my in-person interview, I was interviewed by two managers that I had not met. One person was the primary interviewer, and the other person took notes and asked any follow up questions. When my interview ended I was told when final hiring decisions would be made by. Later that day I received a job offer.

My overall experience with the USAA hiring process was overwhelmingly positive. Everyone I encountered was professional, detailed and upfront. I particularly enjoyed my in-person interview; I was given the layout of the interview right away, and my questions were read off a script and asked very neutrally. At no point did I feel an uncomfortable power-dynamic.

I honestly feel that my skills and background made me a great fit for the position I was applying for and that USAA was a great fit as far as the type of company I would like to work for, and that these things became apparent in my interviews. Additionally, I spent an hour or two familiarizing myself with interview questions pulled from this website, and learning about USAA from their website. Preparation is key.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you like about working in a call center environment.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you made a decision that did not go as planned.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not a negotiation phase. I was told what the entry level salary was, and I think it is extremely fair, so I did not feel compelled to try to negotiate.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at USAA in December 2009.

Interview

Interview process included a personality test to ensure you are a good fit for a call center environment and claims adjuster. Typing test, comprehension and customer service response test were also required. A standard drug test and background check were also done. HR did a prescreening interview followed by an interview with 2 managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to go above and beyond in your daily duties to service a customer   Answer Question

Accepted another offer with a different company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

I was already an employee so the hiring process was slightly different than the normal process. I had the interview with the group panel first. They asked me to provide examples of how I handled situations where I had to deliver bad news.

Negotiation

There is room within each skill set to receive higher pay. Negotiate the best salary you can when you start with the company because it will not increase as much later. Typical pay increases are COLA related.