USAA Claims Adjuster Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2014

2.9

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at USAA in December 2013.

1-Got called did a phone screening
2-Met with USAA supervisors and interviewed
3-Got called for second interview
4-Went to have dinner with other USAA managers
5-Went to final interview

Interview Questions
  • Tell me of a time that you had to deliver bad news   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for USAA

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at USAA in August 2009.

panel interview, criminal - work history- financial background check, fingerprint check, drug test, online skills test, then you might get an offer. if you have something to hide, do not apply, they will find it.

Interview Questions
    • give an example when...   View Answer
    • the questions are looking for though processes & behaviors.   View Answer
    they don't, you accept or deny, no middle ground

Claims Adjuster Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at USAA in April 2011.

I applied online, and listed an employee referral. Two and a half weeks later, I still hadn't received a response to my application. However, I attended a career fair where several USAA managers were present, and spoke with a few of them. They informed me that the way their application system works, it will only pull the first 100 applications. So if your application is number 101, they won't see it at all. Therefore, if you don't hear back about a position and it becomes available again, you should absolutely re-apply.

The next day, I received an email scheduling me for a phone interview. After my phone interview, I was immediately scheduled for an in-person interview. In the meantime, I needed to complete a drug test and begin my background check process.

For my in-person interview, I was interviewed by two managers that I had not met. One person was the primary interviewer, and the other person took notes and asked any follow up questions. When my interview ended I was told when final hiring decisions would be made by. Later that day I received a job offer.

My overall experience with the USAA hiring process was overwhelmingly positive. Everyone I encountered was professional, detailed and upfront. I particularly enjoyed my in-person interview; I was given the layout of the interview right away, and my questions were read off a script and asked very neutrally. At no point did I feel an uncomfortable power-dynamic.

I honestly feel that my skills and background made me a great fit for the position I was applying for and that USAA was a great fit as far as the type of company I would like to work for, and that these things became apparent in my interviews. Additionally, I spent an hour or two familiarizing myself with interview questions pulled from this website, and learning about USAA from their website. Preparation is key.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what you like about working in a call center environment.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you made a decision that did not go as planned.   Answer Question
    There was not a negotiation phase. I was told what the entry level salary was, and I think it is extremely fair, so I did not feel compelled to try to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at USAA in March 2011.

I had my phone interview which went well, at which point they asked me the complete a drug test and a background check. They also set up a face to face interview for my and the two hiring managers for the department. The face to face interview went pretty well as far as I knew, it lasted about 45 to 50 minutes. I left and got an email the next day just saying they were pursuing other candidates. I was pretty upset about it considering I felt like I had all of the qualifications and more, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

Interview Questions
    • I do not recall really any of the questions enough to rephrase them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at USAA in July 2014.

Applied online, process didn't take very long. About a week later I got an email to set up a phone interview the following week. I did the phone interview and everything seem to go great. It took two days to receive an email saying I was NOT selected to move forward with the interview and all the other three different positions I had applied for were also changed to NOT selected.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to make a difficult notification.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at USAA in October 2010.

I was already an employee so the hiring process was slightly different than the normal process. I had the interview with the group panel first. They asked me to provide examples of how I handled situations where I had to deliver bad news.

There is room within each skill set to receive higher pay. Negotiate the best salary you can when you start with the company because it will not increase as much later. Typical pay increases are COLA related.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at USAA in February 2012.

I had an on campus interview with 2 friendly usaa employees, they asked the basic interview questions. I have been asked to come to a 2nd interview on their phoenix campus, I have not yet had the 2nd interview. The night before the interview i have been invited to a pre interview dinner with other potential prospects.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you have exhibited great customer service.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at USAA in December 2009.

Interview process included a personality test to ensure you are a good fit for a call center environment and claims adjuster. Typing test, comprehension and customer service response test were also required. A standard drug test and background check were also done. HR did a prescreening interview followed by an interview with 2 managers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to go above and beyond in your daily duties to service a customer   Answer Question

Accepted another offer with a different company

Claims Adjuster Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at USAA in April 2012.

Pretty straight forward interview focused on your background. They are going to ask you about your weaknesses too so be prepared to provide an example with a positive spin of course. Dress proffesionally and make sure you are confident (have eye contact and prepare for interview so you dont ramble.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation where things didnt go as expected. What would you have done differently?   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Was an internal hire so it was fairly straight forward - applied on the internal career center with resume. Received email inviting for an in person interview. Did the interview (1 on 1) and about a week or two later received the job offer to start about a month or so later.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had to deliver a difficult message. (Situation, Action, Result/Outcome)   Answer Question
    No salary negotiation

Worked for USAA? Contribute to the Community!