USAA

Updated Mar 13, 2014

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at USAA.

Interview Details – After the application was filled out online I received an email to complete an online assessment. That consisted of a typing test and a "which best describes you" questionnaire. After this I was given a phone interview. The phone interview was questions such as: Tell me a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?, Tell me a time a decision didn't go as planned.
After the phone interview you go for a drug test and schedule an in-person interview. The in-person interview were essentially the same questions. During this process you are going through a background check also.

Interview Question – Tell me a time you led a group of people to reach a common goal.   Answer Question

Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online - interviewed at USAA in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied on and I was required to take an assessment test. Then, I had to fill out another preliminary application. This process took about 2 weeks. Afterwards, I received an e-mail and had 24 hours to complete a urine test at a location by my house (the only reason this was stressful was because my husband had surgery, but regardless, I had to take the test and I passed it but then I had to run back to the hospital). I had a phone interview which I passed and then a second interview with two hiring managers. One of the hiring managers wasn't able to attend but the interview was still pretty relaxed and comfortable. Then, I had to go through a verification process through hire-right and had to send them copies of my W2 as well as a criminal history form for them to collect information from my home state. I received an offer via e-mail and was directed to a website to either accept or decline.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty straightforward:
1) What do you know about claims adjusting and this particular position?
2) Do you have any experience in adjusting?
3) Tell me about a time a customer was upset and how you handled the situation?
4) Have you ever had to deliver unexpected or upsetting news?
5) Why do you want to work for USAA?
6) What are your career goals?
  Answer Question

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at USAA in December 2013.

Interview Details – 1-Got called did a phone screening
2-Met with USAA supervisors and interviewed
3-Got called for second interview
4-Went to have dinner with other USAA managers
5-Went to final interview

Interview Question – Tell me of a time that you had to deliver bad news   View Answer

Claims Adjuster

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at USAA.

Interview Details – I went to a Career fair at my university. I talked to the people at the booth and gave them my resume. I never went online and applied, but they ended up contacting me 1 week later to schedule my first interview. They were very flexible with my interview time, because I had a class during the original time. I just had my first interview today, and they said they will contact me one way or the other if I made it to the second round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your major and why you picked it.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you had a lot of options to choose from and how did you go about choosing the right one.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you had a really good working relationship with somebody and why did it work out.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you had to work with a large group of people and it was difficult.   Answer Question
  • What is/was your favorite class in school and why.   Answer Question

Tampa, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at USAA in April 2010.

Interview Details – Went very well, panel of 2 managers for the face to face. Was called a few weeks later.

Interviewed at USAA

Interview Details – Was an internal hire so it was fairly straight forward - applied on the internal career center with resume. Received email inviting for an in person interview. Did the interview (1 on 1) and about a week or two later received the job offer to start about a month or so later.

Interview Question – Describe a time you had to deliver a difficult message. (Situation, Action, Result/Outcome)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No salary negotiation

Claims Adjuster

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at USAA in April 2012.

Interview Details – Pretty straight forward interview focused on your background. They are going to ask you about your weaknesses too so be prepared to provide an example with a positive spin of course. Dress proffesionally and make sure you are confident (have eye contact and prepare for interview so you dont ramble.

Interview Question – Name a situation where things didnt go as expected. What would you have done differently?   Answer Question

Phoenix, AZ

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at USAA in February 2012.

Interview Details – I had an on campus interview with 2 friendly usaa employees, they asked the basic interview questions. I have been asked to come to a 2nd interview on their phoenix campus, I have not yet had the 2nd interview. The night before the interview i have been invited to a pre interview dinner with other potential prospects.

Interview Question – Describe a time you have exhibited great customer service.   Answer Question

San Antonio, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at USAA in October 2010.

Interview Details – I was already an employee so the hiring process was slightly different than the normal process. I had the interview with the group panel first. They asked me to provide examples of how I handled situations where I had to deliver bad news.

Negotiation Details – There is room within each skill set to receive higher pay. Negotiate the best salary you can when you start with the company because it will not increase as much later. Typical pay increases are COLA related.

Claims Adjuster

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at USAA in December 2009.

Interview Details – Interview process included a personality test to ensure you are a good fit for a call center environment and claims adjuster. Typing test, comprehension and customer service response test were also required. A standard drug test and background check were also done. HR did a prescreening interview followed by an interview with 2 managers.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you had to go above and beyond in your daily duties to service a customer   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Accepted another offer with a different company

Worked for USAA? Contribute to the Community!