USAA Claims Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

3.6

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  San Antonio, TX
Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at USAA.

The phone interview took place a few weeks after I completed the online assessments. The online assessment consisted of a typing test that was relatively easy if you know your way around a keyboard. The actual phone interview was about 15 mins. They start off telling you about the position and making sure you understand what the work schedule and training schedule will be like. Then they ask you the interview questions, which are behavioral based. This basically means that the questions will start off like "Tell me about a time when..." The hardest one they asked was "Tell me about a time when you had to deliver news to a customer that wasn't in the customer's favor."

Interview Questions
  • The hardest one they asked was "Tell me about a time when you had to deliver news to a customer that wasn't in the customer's favor."   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for USAA

Claims Representative Interview

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at USAA.

Very long interviewing process. Once application is filled you will receive a call to go over some general questions. Then a few days later you may receive another call to determine if you are eligible to come in for some testing. Once you have made it past the phone interviews you get to go to USAA to take your personality test, typing test, mock questions in a CSR scenario. If you make it past that HR will call you back (after what could be several weeks) and ask you to come in to meet with management. This interview lasts about 45 minutes and you are asked questions about your personal life, life experiences, and how you would handle this position.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself within the company in the next 5 years.   Answer Question
    • What is the most difficult news you have had to deliver to someone and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    I was given an offer that I believed was fair, but you are able to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at USAA in September 2010.

I was first instructed to take an online test, which was math and logic based, and harder than most. I was then contacted for a phone interview, which took about 45 minutes. Then I was called in for a face to face interview which lasted about 45 minutes as well. Both were with very courteous and professional interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a difficult customer?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate, although it probably can be negotiated.

Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I interviewed online - interviewed at USAA.

I applied for Claims Dept. I received a phone interview. That went great and she said the next thing would be a face to face interview. I had that and it went great also. I also got an email to go for a drug test. That was confusing.

Interview Questions
    • What in your past work experience did you have a difficult customer and how did you take care of that customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at USAA in September 2012.

I applied online. A week and a half later I was e-mailed a link for an assessment test. There was a practice typing test, then 6 different sets of information that needed to be typed. After that were typical assessment questions. The next day I received a call to set up a date and time for the phone interview.

The recruiter that interviewed me was very nice and easy to talk to. She did a great job of going over information specific for the job like weeks and hours of training, and pay rate among other things. She asked the typical questions. I felt the interview went really well, unfortunately I was not selected for a face to face interview.

Claims Representative Interview

Received call after 4 months since applying , went through two phone interview , first was with HR then second was with department manager, after that was sent a drug screen kit and background check authorization form. two weeks later received offer. Offer accepted.

No negotiation needed.

Claims Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at USAA.

I was quickly contacted by phone after submitting my resume and application online. I then had a testing session to make sure I was technically efficient. The in-person interview was behavioral based and not too nerve-wracking :) I was then contacted over the phone for an offer of employment and started within a few weeks (with the next training group).

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question: Are you comfortable with referring members to other lines of business? This claims position (as well as all other customer contact positions) requires some sales aspects.   Answer Question

Worked for USAA? Contribute to the Community!