USAA Director Interview Questions

3.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in September 2009.

Interview

This was an internal interview for a promotion. Be prepared and look professional. I do believe there is a bias if you are unfit.

Interview Questions

• Normal question on how you handle difficult situations.   1 Answer
  • Discuss skills and how you apply them.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I do believe there is a bias if you are unfit.

Other Interview Reviews for USAA

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in March 2009.

Interview

Phone interview with HR recruiter initially - generic work background questions.
    Phone interview with hiring manager - background but relaxed, questions were personal and not read from a book.
    Recruiter calls you a few days after hiring manager phone interview to schedule an in person interview. They fly you in to San Antonio and put you up in a hotel for the night. They email you an agenda for the entire day.....I met with 5 people for about one hour each.
    Some of the interviewers read "tell me about a time" type questions but some went off the cuff. They were all supposed to ask the same questions to compare your answers later.
    After returning home I had to wait about 3 weeks before I heard from anyone - I thought I must not have got the job. When they did call it was to schedule another round of all day interviews with yet more department heads. Much of the same questions as the last bunch. This time there was also a "test/quiz" to see if I knew what I was talking about. (example: reviewing items for rules/regs etc).
    It was a very long interview process - so long that I l had looked and found work elsewhere by the time they got back to me - - even though I stressed the importance of a quick response to them ( I knew what I had coming up for interviews elsewhere).

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of questions that required answers that needed to be made up since most people don't remember a specific time in their lives that they dealt with $#@ situation.   Answer Question

I felt that many of the people working in the department were not qualified and the title sounded more important than the job would have been.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in April 2008.

Interview

One phone interview with HR screener. Followed by half day onsite interview. Offer came in two weeks after interview...