USAA

2.8

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at USAA in February 2011.

interview process was very detailed and organized. the panel interview can be a little uncomfortable. they try to put you on the spot. you ill need to have examples of f specific situations that relate to the questions they ask.

Interview Questions
there isn't one. they just make a offer

Other Interview Reviews for USAA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at USAA in January 2011.

Phone interview and face to face met with 2 managers both asking questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at USAA in February 2013.

I applied online and it took about 2 weeks before I heard back. I was then emailed and instructed to complete a few assessments online, the typical questionnaires and tests. A few days later I was emailed to schedule a phone interview. Immediately after my phone interview I was offered a in person interview at the local campus with the HR manager. The interview with the manager was about 30 mins long. Questions were geared towards past work experience and how you would be able to fit this job. Shortly after the manager interview I was emailed yet again and asked to go and complete a drug screen as well as give permission for them to run a through background check. It took another 2 weeks before I heard back and was offered the position. This was a very professional interview process, just very thorough!!

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were as expected just be up to date with your resume and how your past experience can relate to the position you are applying for   Answer Question

Unfortunately had to decline because the week following my last interview we were informed my husband was deploying and you are asked not to take any leave for the first 6 weeks of training.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at USAA in August 2009.

Position was for Financial Advisor. Process was easy. Didn't understand why all sorts of stuff was required prior to the first Face to Face interview: Drug Test, Background Check, Financials ETC. This usually happen after the first interview at other companies. Seems like there is going to be a lot of change soon. They are going to expand their available market, thus sales shoul increase along with job growth. Wonderful facilities, benefits bonuses, and 401K matching. Just wondering how well a 10 yr experienced financial guy will be accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to overcome different objections that I may receive form members. Having to explain some of it via phone and not in person with the client   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at USAA in February 2010.

After applying, I was e-mailed 2 tests (1 behavioral and 1 math / skills) - 24 hrs. to complete and a very thorough online application which required me to provide my social security number and driver's license number in addition to everything else. Included in the application is a "release" which releases usaa from any liability in connection with all of the private info you are providing. I was very uncomfortable providing and almost decided not to go forward, but eventually after 2 calls from their HR person I did. After completing I received an e-mail requesting to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was basic and provided me with info about the company and position.
    Next was the face-to-face interview- 2 wealth mgrs. 1 hour. Predominately behavioral questions and questions about previous jobs and strengths and weaknesses. At one point I was given an object and told to sell it to them. Overall, they were pretty friendly and very upfront about the challenges of the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at USAA in August 2010.

Very simple phone interview lasted about an hour. Then a face-to-face interview that lasted about an hour.

It is very important to go in with a focus to serve the military and how important it is. Remember this is also and insurance company. At the end of the interview they will ask to you sell them an item. Resolve the doubt and then re-recommend the product to the person.

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at USAA in January 2008.

Applied online. Recruiter called to question my experiences and set up interview. Panel of two taking turns asking about 3 financial call scenario questions each. Asked me to join and then was taken on tour and briefed on culture as well as benefits packages. Background check was pretty thorough and very specific.

an additional $3K

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online – interviewed at USAA in December 2013.

Apply on line. If they are interested they will send you an email to take a basic skills test. If I remember leaning toward some financial questions. Second I got a call to set up a telephone interview. The phone interview wasn't to difficult, I think it was more of a screening process. Then came drug testing and background check. The group panel was a little weird, because one of them is typing while you are answering a interview question. It can disrupt your train of thought if you are not focused.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle something difficult you encountered in your previous job   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at USAA.

The interview was very fast paced and after a quick "get to know you" segment, a duo of managers will ask you how you'd overcome objections and build value for someone whom doesn't quite want to buy a product from you. They'll even do a brief role play scenario where you'll have to sell them a cell phone (what I got personally, but I've heard of people having to sell pens). Basically they just want to see how you can perform on the spot and overcome the objections provided. It's all about understanding what they need and are looking for. Really plays well into the actual job too. USAA is very member-centric and while there are sales numbers you're expected to meet (but not fired if you don't), they'll never pressure you to push something unsuitable.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you've had to stand up to your manager or overseeing body?   Answer Question
    Did not have much room to negotiate due to my lack of financial background as compared to other applicants who had 5-10 years.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at USAA in June 2009.

The hiring process is actually trivial. They already know your qualifications so the process is to determine if you fit in. Be very professional (no joking), very polite, and ask for the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me when you had to fire someone and why.   View Answer
    There wasn't any.