USAA Financial Foundation Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 4, 2015
Updated Mar 4, 2015

2.8

I applied online – interviewed at USAA.

Applied online, got an email asking me to take an assessment, then 2 days later got another email with a phone interview day and time. After the phone interview, they set me up with an on-site interview. Offered me the job within a few days

Other Interview Reviews for USAA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at USAA in January 2015.

Applied online for a work from home job. Took an assessment a few days later. Received an interview over the phone a few weeks later. A month and a half later had the final interview. Application process took a total of 2 and half months before a decision was made. Training does not start for another month. Background check was a bit tough. Very strict on times and dates of employment and drug testing. Recruiter and background check department weren't very good at communicating and gave me incorrect directions several times.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had a goal and how did you achieve it?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Was offered $32,000/yr.

Financial Foundation Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at USAA.

got a phone call just talking about benefits, and training. then i was told I will be contacted soon by hiring managers. the interview was fast. they both were nice and friendly

Interview Questions
    • I was nervous, it wasn't hard just behavior questions and past experience. Hiring managers were nice and friendly   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Financial Foundations Associate Interview

Did the online assesment took about 1 month to hear back have my phone interveiw today. The recruiter emailed me several times ensuring me that I would be called so it was just a waiting game as to when

I applied online – interviewed at USAA.

I applied for an open position with USAA, and successfully passed my phone interview, drug screening and background check. A week later I was scheduled for an in-person interview. The interview was conducted by one interviewer and another on speaker phone. My interviewer was unprofessional, crass and blatantly rude. She accused me of not being able to hold a job, which I have only had two jobs in the past 7 years, including my present employment. The interviewer repeatedly cut me off in mid sentence, and would not answer any of my questions with more than a "yes" or "no". I have never not passed an interview process, and I have extremely good work ethics and management experience. I also come from a military family, and we have been members of USAA for over thirty years. I'm seriously considering getting new service because of the despicable way I was treated. I feel like I dodged a bullet! If you treat prospective employees that way, I can't imagine how current employees feel.

Interview Questions
    • Demonstrate a time when you had to make a difficult sale.   Answer Question

Financial Foundations Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at USAA in October 2014.

The process was straight forward and quick. You are invited to take an online assessment, if you pass the assessment you have an initial phone screening with a recruiter. The phone screening last about 30 minutes, the recruiter describes the position and salary ($34,000 for this one) and gives you an opportunity to ask any questions. The recruiter will decide whether or not to recommend you for an interview with the hiring manager. During the interview, there are two people, one who asks the questions and another to type what you are saying. Questions are pretty standard and open-ended to get a better feel for your qualifications.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at USAA in August 2014.

I applied online and it took 2-3 weeks to hear anything back. They emailed me an assessment which was basically a personality test and a few call center simulations. About a week later I got an email to schedule a phone interview.

The phone interview was about 15 minutes long and just a few very basic interview questions. It was a little bit awkward because the interviewer was typing the whole time I spoke, but she was very friendly and easy to talk to. At the end of the phone call, she gave me the option of doing the second and final interview on the campus or over the phone (since I don't live in the area), and she stressed that it made absolutely no difference to her. I thought that was kind of weird, but I decided to just go to the campus and do the interview in person. We scheduled the interview for the following week.

The in-person interview was also quite easy. The interviewer was super nice and made me feel comfortable, so that was probably why. They have a hallway of tiny rooms with thin walls and tiny desks that I assume they use specifically for interviewing, because there was a woman with the same interview time as me and they took us each into separate tiny rooms next to each other. Unlike others, I didn't have two people in the room when I interviewed but there was someone on speaker phone (she was from another USAA office in another state) who was basically silent the entire time except when she introduced herself at the very beginning and then when she thanked me at the end. The main interviewer (the one who was physically in the room with me) just asked a series of standard interview questions, some of them were even the same as the phone interview. She asked for a paper copy of my resume and skimmed over it. I had a list of references ready, but she never asked for them. She told me I'd hear from the recruiter I was working around the beginning of the following week.

On Monday or Tuesday of the following week, I got an email congratulating me on the interview and letting me know that they were just waiting on a few more things from my background check.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you went out of your way for a customer and what happened.   Answer Question

The pay is non-negotiable-- $36K/year. They told me I'd be working evenings and weekends for a while because they give shifts based on seniority. One of the questions I asked in the interview was about retention and the interviewer basically told me it's very low (she even admitted it's lower than other call centers in the area) because many people have issues with attendance. This was a huge red flag to me that people don't like working there and don't feel valued enough to even show up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at USAA in July 2014.

I applied in June of 2014 for the June, July, and August classes. It took about 2 weeks until I received an email which asked me to take an assessment (on a Tuesday) and I received a call the next day to schedule me for an interview on Thursday. I was contacted promptly by USAA HR at the scheduled time and the interview lasted about 25 minutes. The questions were pretty standard for any first round interview. In the beginning of the interview they pretty much tell you the starting pay and the hours required to work and then get into the questions. It was pretty smooth for me. At the end of the interview the HR manager told me that they wanted to pass me along to the next round interview on campus with Hiring Managers. They gave me some feedback to prepare myself for the interview. My interview was scheduled the following Thursday, a week later. I was then emailed by the HR Manager with the interview details along with instructions to complete a background check and a drug screening. I made sure to arrive early for my interview since you have to go through security and the campus is quite large. The interview is with 2 Hiring Mangers, one typing and the other mainly asking questions. Both of them made me feel very welcome and comfortable. Once again standard interview questions. At the end of the interview I was told I would hear from the HR Manager in 3 business days. It took 2 business days and I was called with a job offer and sent an email with the official offer. Pretty smooth process overall and I am excited to start my training soon.

Interview Questions
    • You are asked a few questions in the SBO (Situation, Behavior, Outcome) format. Make sure you give details about the situation, how you felt and others felt during the situation, and then how it was resolved.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. This is an entry level position and it has a set starting salary. Very good pay for starting pay.

I applied online – interviewed at USAA.

Hiring process was pretty straight forward. Initial interview with recruiter followed by an interview at the facility with two managers. Whole process took about a month. One manager asked questions while the or he took notes.

Interview Questions

The salary was lower than I was looking for and I felt like the opportunity for time off down the road was slim. I just wanted to know that in case of an emergency with my kids I would be supported. When I questioned that with the recruiter I never heard back.

Financial Foundations Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at USAA in June 2014.

Was an easy process, applied online, got sent the assessment via email one week later and completed same day to get a call 2 days later for phone interview the next day, face to face interview the next day then the next week was offered the position.