USAA Financial Foundation Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Phone interview which lasted about an hour or so, then got an invite for person interview in the San Antonio campus a couple of days. Got an offer via email two days later after of course you get your drug screening and background check passed. Average difficulty level on the interview, nothing you wouldn't expect for a customer service job. Overall easy process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a difficult customer situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for USAA

Financial Foundations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at USAA.

Interview

Applied online, got an email asking me to take an assessment, then 2 days later got another email with a phone interview day and time. After the phone interview, they set me up with an on-site interview. Offered me the job within a few days

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online. After a few days, I got an email asking me to take an assessment. After I took and passed the assessment, I got a call to schedule a phone interview about a week later. I also got an email to start my background and credit check. I'm glad they started the background check then because it took a long time. Some information I had to give them more than once. After I did the phone interview, I was contacted about a week later for the face-to-face interview. I was offered the job about a week and a half after that. In total, the entire process took a little over a month.

Interview Questions

• Name a rime when you had to convince someone to buy something that they originally had no interest in?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

After doing an online questionnaire I was scheduled for a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 15 minutes. I was told it would take a few days for a manager to review my answers and if I was selected I would do an in person interview. I don't like having to wait to see how I did but this has become the new norm in hiring.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went above and beyond for a disgruntled customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at USAA (El Paso, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online for a work from home job. Took an assessment a few days later. Received an interview over the phone a few weeks later. A month and a half later had the final interview. Application process took a total of 2 and half months before a decision was made. Training does not start for another month. Background check was a bit tough. Very strict on times and dates of employment and drug testing. Recruiter and background check department weren't very good at communicating and gave me incorrect directions several times.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a goal and how did you achieve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Was offered $32,000/yr.

Financial Foundation Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at USAA.

Interview

got a phone call just talking about benefits, and training. then i was told I will be contacted soon by hiring managers. the interview was fast. they both were nice and friendly

Interview Questions

• I was nervous, it wasn't hard just behavior questions and past experience. Hiring managers were nice and friendly   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2014.

Interview

Assessment test, Phone interview first. Then called in for in-person interview. Two people in the room with one typing your responses and the other the lead in asking questions. Lots and lots of questions about whether you have done sales or not. Background check was quite extensive. The company definitely has a good reputation and deals with a lot of military so the expectation was quite high on what they would ask. It was a little nerve wrecking. Application online was a little annoying and it seemed like you had redundant information entered over and over again at many steps in the process.

Interview Questions

• The usual, "Tell me about a time when" -you reached a goal, -had a difficult situation, -disagreed with a boss or coworker, - what you did, how you did it, and what was the results.   1 Answer

Financial Foundations Associate Interview

Interview

Did the online assesment took about 1 month to hear back have my phone interveiw today. The recruiter emailed me several times ensuring me that I would be called so it was just a waiting game as to when

Financial Foundations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at USAA.

Interview

I applied for an open position with USAA, and successfully passed my phone interview, drug screening and background check. A week later I was scheduled for an in-person interview. The interview was conducted by one interviewer and another on speaker phone. My interviewer was unprofessional, crass and blatantly rude. She accused me of not being able to hold a job, which I have only had two jobs in the past 7 years, including my present employment. The interviewer repeatedly cut me off in mid sentence, and would not answer any of my questions with more than a "yes" or "no". I have never not passed an interview process, and I have extremely good work ethics and management experience. I also come from a military family, and we have been members of USAA for over thirty years. I'm seriously considering getting new service because of the despicable way I was treated. I feel like I dodged a bullet! If you treat prospective employees that way, I can't imagine how current employees feel.

Interview Questions

• Demonstrate a time when you had to make a difficult sale.   Answer Question

Financial Foundations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at USAA in October 2014.

Interview

The process was straight forward and quick. You are invited to take an online assessment, if you pass the assessment you have an initial phone screening with a recruiter. The phone screening last about 30 minutes, the recruiter describes the position and salary ($34,000 for this one) and gives you an opportunity to ask any questions. The recruiter will decide whether or not to recommend you for an interview with the hiring manager. During the interview, there are two people, one who asks the questions and another to type what you are saying. Questions are pretty standard and open-ended to get a better feel for your qualifications.