USAA Financial Foundations Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

15 interviews

2.7

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at USAA in July 2014.

I applied in June of 2014 for the June, July, and August classes. It took about 2 weeks until I received an email which asked me to take an assessment (on a Tuesday) and I received a call the next day to schedule me for an interview on Thursday. I was contacted promptly by USAA HR at the scheduled time and the interview lasted about 25 minutes. The questions were pretty standard for any first round interview. In the beginning of the interview they pretty much tell you the starting pay and the hours required to work and then get into the questions. It was pretty smooth for me. At the end of the interview the HR manager told me that they wanted to pass me along to the next round interview on campus with Hiring Managers. They gave me some feedback to prepare myself for the interview. My interview was scheduled the following Thursday, a week later. I was then emailed by the HR Manager with the interview details along with instructions to complete a background check and a drug screening. I made sure to arrive early for my interview since you have to go through security and the campus is quite large. The interview is with 2 Hiring Mangers, one typing and the other mainly asking questions. Both of them made me feel very welcome and comfortable. Once again standard interview questions. At the end of the interview I was told I would hear from the HR Manager in 3 business days. It took 2 business days and I was called with a job offer and sent an email with the official offer. Pretty smooth process overall and I am excited to start my training soon.

Interview Questions
  • You are asked a few questions in the SBO (Situation, Behavior, Outcome) format. Make sure you give details about the situation, how you felt and others felt during the situation, and then how it was resolved.   Answer Question
No negotiation. This is an entry level position and it has a set starting salary. Very good pay for starting pay.

Other Interview Reviews for USAA

Financial Foundations Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at USAA in February 2014.

Applied, a week later got an email for an assesment next week got hone interview then week after got in person interview. one person types what your saying one ask questions

Interview Questions
    • describe a time you had to muti task, what did you do and what was outcome   Answer Question

Financial Foundations Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at USAA in June 2014.

Was an easy process, applied online, got sent the assessment via email one week later and completed same day to get a call 2 days later for phone interview the next day, face to face interview the next day then the next week was offered the position.

Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I interviewed online - interviewed at USAA.

Hiring process was pretty straight forward. Initial interview with recruiter followed by an interview at the facility with two managers. Whole process took about a month. One manager asked questions while the or he took notes.

Interview Questions

The salary was lower than I was looking for and I felt like the opportunity for time off down the road was slim. I just wanted to know that in case of an emergency with my kids I would be supported. When I questioned that with the recruiter I never heard back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at USAA in June 2013.

Applied online. Received email two days later to complete assessment. Received email next day after assessment for a phone interview. After phone interview was scheduled for onsite interview with manager for two days later.

Interview Questions
    • Name a specific time when you had to sell someone something who objected and what was the outcome.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. There is a range and your salary is dictated by prior experience, military experience, and education.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at USAA in June 2013.

I applied online, and about a week later I received an email that I had been scheduled for a phone interview. The phone interview was more of a screening process. My interview was with a woman who asked a few basic questions and went over the job description and made sure I was okay with the training hours and start date. After that, I was scheduled for another phone interview. This was my final interview. The woman asked me questions about my previous jobs, and about my sales experience as well as a role play and 2 basic customer service scenarios. I was told I would be contacted in 72 hours. I got a phone call three days later offering me the position. I got an email to either accept or deny the job offer. I accepted and was forwarded a login and password to fill out some new hire paperwork. My experience was positive and everyone I dealt with was very polite.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had to change old ways of doing things in order to improve sales. What is your approach to selling something.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at USAA in March 2011.

Fairly quick interview process. I just wish they had been more truthful about what the position entailed. The interviewer asked questions about how to service an angry customer (typical stuff) and laid the very basic function of the job but making sound like the primary focus. Over the course of the next few months, it became very clear to me that I had been duped. The position is a sales position; plain and simple. And the membership does not like it. At all.

Financial Foundation Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at USAA in March 2014.

After applying online at usaa.com, I was directed to complete two follow-on assessments. After passing the assessments online, I was contacted by a recruiter via phone who asked more sales-related questions about my sales history. After that interview with the recruiter, another phone interview was set up with a hiring manager to conduct another interview.

Interview Questions
    • They mostly just asked sales experience related questions, about experience with up-selling and cross-selling products.   Answer Question

The pay was not enough for me, I was offered 34,000 per year and that was the highest they could offer me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at USAA.

I applied to USAA through the Careers section online. Applied on January 3rd but didn't get an email back until February 15th for the assessment, took about 40 minutes. The assessment basically measures common sense, typing skills, customer relation scenarios, personality test and so on. The next day I got a call asking if I would be interested in taking a phone interview. It was scheduled for the next day.

During the phone interview an HR Rep reviewed the job description along with when the training class would start. She went over my job experiences, what I learned from each job and why I left each job. She asked if the start date would be a problem and if I had plans to travel or have time off within the first 6 months. I did have a trip planned but I informed her I would not mind cancelling it if I got the job. She proceeded to ask me numerous What would you do if. . . and tell me about a time that . . . Once we finished with the 20 minute phone interview she asked me if I would be available to have a face-to-face interview with 2 hiring managers. She suggested that I mention my current GPA and mention my schooling in my next interview. I agreed I would be available the next day and was told I needed to go get a drug test as well as complete the background check information through a link that was emailed to me. I had 24 hours to get the drug test done if not I would be withdrawn from the process.

The face-to-face interview was with two managers. One was asking all the interview questions as the other just notated everything I was answering. At first they wanted to get to know me as a person. Asked of what my days consisted of, what hobbies I had, what I looked for in a company. She then went ahead and started asking me 4 main questions of what would you do if. . . and how would you handle . . . She stated some questions could be repeated from when the HR Rep had the interview with me but to try to provide different scenarios. Once we finished the 40 minute face-to-face interview she went over the training information, job description and more about the company as a whole.

That same day HireRight (the company that is contracted to do the background check) emailed me for paystubs of my current job, proof of start date and asked me to email them signed form to be able to release all the information found to USAA. That day I also got an email from my credit monitoring system that they had ran my credit. After that my status online remained as "interview in progress" for about 3 - 4 weeks.

I finally received an email from the HR Rep that did my phone interview stating she needed to speak to me and asked for a good time for her to call me. Once she got a hold me she informed me the training class which was in a week had to be rescheduled for another 2 weeks but that they wanted to offer me a position. She provided me with the offering salary as well as the bonus amounts and other benefits. She then sent me an email with the offer and a link which I had to accept or deny.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what your typical day consists of.   View Answer
    There is a range pay for each position. Based on your experience and education they tell you what you will be getting paid.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at USAA in December 2013.

Interview process went very quickly. I submitted my application and was contacted the same day. I completed all my interviews within a 2 week period. But the background check took a while. They are very thorough with conducting the background checks, which is a good thing, but can be lengthy. The interview questions were situation based, but that is pretty common. Nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions

Worked for USAA? Contribute to the Community!