USAA Financial Foundations Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2015

2.8

Financial Foundations Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

Started with a phone interview and then I was called in to take a computer tests to determine my skills with multitasking on more then one computer screen. This was later followed by an in person interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for USAA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Phone interview which lasted about an hour or so, then got an invite for person interview in the San Antonio campus a couple of days. Got an offer via email two days later after of course you get your drug screening and background check passed. Average difficulty level on the interview, nothing you wouldn't expect for a customer service job. Overall easy process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a difficult customer situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Financial Foundations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

Applied online, got an email asking me to take an assessment, then 2 days later got another email with a phone interview day and time. After the phone interview, they set me up with an on-site interview. Offered me the job within a few days

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online. After a few days, I got an email asking me to take an assessment. After I took and passed the assessment, I got a call to schedule a phone interview about a week later. I also got an email to start my background and credit check. I'm glad they started the background check then because it took a long time. Some information I had to give them more than once. After I did the phone interview, I was contacted about a week later for the face-to-face interview. I was offered the job about a week and a half after that. In total, the entire process took a little over a month.

Interview Questions

• Name a rime when you had to convince someone to buy something that they originally had no interest in?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

After doing an online questionnaire I was scheduled for a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 15 minutes. I was told it would take a few days for a manager to review my answers and if I was selected I would do an in person interview. I don't like having to wait to see how I did but this has become the new norm in hiring.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went above and beyond for a disgruntled customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with Hr and management from department. Behavioral interview questions. Very engaging and provide you with details of what is expected of you on the job. Ask multiple situation questions and provided you with schedule and advancement opportunities.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not at all

Financial Foundations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA in February 2015.

Interview

One phone interview and one in person interview. Phone interview was a general screen to make sure I was still interested and willing to work the requested shifts listed in the application. The second interview was your standard job interview.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions. Describe a situation where... How did you hear of us... What makes you want to work here...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at USAA (El Paso, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online for a work from home job. Took an assessment a few days later. Received an interview over the phone a few weeks later. A month and a half later had the final interview. Application process took a total of 2 and half months before a decision was made. Training does not start for another month. Background check was a bit tough. Very strict on times and dates of employment and drug testing. Recruiter and background check department weren't very good at communicating and gave me incorrect directions several times.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a goal and how did you achieve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Was offered $32,000/yr.

Financial Foundation Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

got a phone call just talking about benefits, and training. then i was told I will be contacted soon by hiring managers. the interview was fast. they both were nice and friendly

Interview Questions

• I was nervous, it wasn't hard just behavior questions and past experience. Hiring managers were nice and friendly   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2014.

Interview

Assessment test, Phone interview first. Then called in for in-person interview. Two people in the room with one typing your responses and the other the lead in asking questions. Lots and lots of questions about whether you have done sales or not. Background check was quite extensive. The company definitely has a good reputation and deals with a lot of military so the expectation was quite high on what they would ask. It was a little nerve wrecking. Application online was a little annoying and it seemed like you had redundant information entered over and over again at many steps in the process.

Interview Questions

• The usual, "Tell me about a time when" -you reached a goal, -had a difficult situation, -disagreed with a boss or coworker, - what you did, how you did it, and what was the results.   1 Answer