USAA Financial Foundations Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 4, 2015
Updated Mar 4, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at USAA.

I applied to USAA through the Careers section online. Applied on January 3rd but didn't get an email back until February 15th for the assessment, took about 40 minutes. The assessment basically measures common sense, typing skills, customer relation scenarios, personality test and so on. The next day I got a call asking if I would be interested in taking a phone interview. It was scheduled for the next day.

During the phone interview an HR Rep reviewed the job description along with when the training class would start. She went over my job experiences, what I learned from each job and why I left each job. She asked if the start date would be a problem and if I had plans to travel or have time off within the first 6 months. I did have a trip planned but I informed her I would not mind cancelling it if I got the job. She proceeded to ask me numerous What would you do if. . . and tell me about a time that . . . Once we finished with the 20 minute phone interview she asked me if I would be available to have a face-to-face interview with 2 hiring managers. She suggested that I mention my current GPA and mention my schooling in my next interview. I agreed I would be available the next day and was told I needed to go get a drug test as well as complete the background check information through a link that was emailed to me. I had 24 hours to get the drug test done if not I would be withdrawn from the process.

The face-to-face interview was with two managers. One was asking all the interview questions as the other just notated everything I was answering. At first they wanted to get to know me as a person. Asked of what my days consisted of, what hobbies I had, what I looked for in a company. She then went ahead and started asking me 4 main questions of what would you do if. . . and how would you handle . . . She stated some questions could be repeated from when the HR Rep had the interview with me but to try to provide different scenarios. Once we finished the 40 minute face-to-face interview she went over the training information, job description and more about the company as a whole.

That same day HireRight (the company that is contracted to do the background check) emailed me for paystubs of my current job, proof of start date and asked me to email them signed form to be able to release all the information found to USAA. That day I also got an email from my credit monitoring system that they had ran my credit. After that my status online remained as "interview in progress" for about 3 - 4 weeks.

I finally received an email from the HR Rep that did my phone interview stating she needed to speak to me and asked for a good time for her to call me. Once she got a hold me she informed me the training class which was in a week had to be rescheduled for another 2 weeks but that they wanted to offer me a position. She provided me with the offering salary as well as the bonus amounts and other benefits. She then sent me an email with the offer and a link which I had to accept or deny.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me what your typical day consists of.   View Answer
There is a range pay for each position. Based on your experience and education they tell you what you will be getting paid.

Other Interview Reviews for USAA

Financial Foundations Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at USAA in February 2014.

Applied, a week later got an email for an assesment next week got hone interview then week after got in person interview. one person types what your saying one ask questions

Interview Questions
    • describe a time you had to muti task, what did you do and what was outcome   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at USAA in January 2011.

I applied in October 2010 and received an email from the recruiter in December 2010 to schedule a phone interview. She asked basic behavioral questions and confirmed info on my resume. The same day I was scheduled for an in-person interview for about two weeks later. There I was interviewed by two individuals, one asking questions and the other typing mu responses. They asked tons of behavioral questions and about my career goals. It lasted about 45 minutes. I got a call from the recruiter about a week later offering me the position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with an irate customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate because I knew the chance of getting more money would ne slim to none. However a coworker of mine did and got a slightly (very slightly) higher salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at USAA in July 2013.

phone interview consist of basic questions ...why did you leave your last job ..what made you choose usaa for employment ...what do you know about the job you apllying for. the if they like wha they hear the will set up a face to face ..that's when they ask for detailed answers like tell me time you didn't like what you manager was doing and how'd you handle that

Interview Questions
    • name a time some one came to you with an issue how did you fix the problem and why did it become an issue   Answer Question
    none

Financial Foundations Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at USAA.

I applied for an open position with USAA, and successfully passed my phone interview, drug screening and background check. A week later I was scheduled for an in-person interview. The interview was conducted by one interviewer and another on speaker phone. My interviewer was unprofessional, crass and blatantly rude. She accused me of not being able to hold a job, which I have only had two jobs in the past 7 years, including my present employment. The interviewer repeatedly cut me off in mid sentence, and would not answer any of my questions with more than a "yes" or "no". I have never not passed an interview process, and I have extremely good work ethics and management experience. I also come from a military family, and we have been members of USAA for over thirty years. I'm seriously considering getting new service because of the despicable way I was treated. I feel like I dodged a bullet! If you treat prospective employees that way, I can't imagine how current employees feel.

Interview Questions
    • Demonstrate a time when you had to make a difficult sale.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online – interviewed at USAA.

Hiring process was pretty straight forward. Initial interview with recruiter followed by an interview at the facility with two managers. Whole process took about a month. One manager asked questions while the or he took notes.

Interview Questions

The salary was lower than I was looking for and I felt like the opportunity for time off down the road was slim. I just wanted to know that in case of an emergency with my kids I would be supported. When I questioned that with the recruiter I never heard back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at USAA in June 2013.

Applied online. Received email two days later to complete assessment. Received email next day after assessment for a phone interview. After phone interview was scheduled for onsite interview with manager for two days later.

Interview Questions
    • Name a specific time when you had to sell someone something who objected and what was the outcome.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. There is a range and your salary is dictated by prior experience, military experience, and education.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at USAA in March 2011.

Fairly quick interview process. I just wish they had been more truthful about what the position entailed. The interviewer asked questions about how to service an angry customer (typical stuff) and laid the very basic function of the job but making sound like the primary focus. Over the course of the next few months, it became very clear to me that I had been duped. The position is a sales position; plain and simple. And the membership does not like it. At all.

Financial Foundation Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at USAA in January 2013.

First you will submit your application and resume to the site. Once you have completed this step you will also be asked to take a short test that will test your business and customer service acumen. If you pass the qualifications test you will be contacted by someone in HR to set up an initial interview. If you pass that interview then you will have an interview with one or more actual managers to see what they think of your potential. If you get past them, then you will do a background investigation and drug testing.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example when you had an upset customer and how you overcame their objections and turned the situation around.   Answer Question
    They told the salary for the position and I accepted, no negotiation, but they probably would be open to it if you had the qualifications.

Financial Foundations Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at USAA.

Took about 2 weeks after I applied. They sent me an email to do an online assessment within 24 hours. I passed the assessment and got scheduled for a phone interview. I passed the phone interview, they scheduled me for an interview with the manager. Before the interview they wanted urine test, background check, credit check and employment verification. Honestly, I do not understand why they make you go through all of that process, miss days of current job,to not be guaranteed a position. Just because you get an interview with the manager, does not mean you got the job. If you have a current job make sure you don't allow them to verify employment and risk loosing your current job for a job you might not get.

Interview Questions
    • How does your experience with your current job help you at a call center?   Answer Question