USAA Financial Foundations Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

I applied to USAA through the Careers section online. Applied on January 3rd but didn't get an email back until February 15th for the assessment, took about 40 minutes. The assessment basically measures common sense, typing skills, customer relation scenarios, personality test and so on. The next day I got a call asking if I would be interested in taking a phone interview. It was scheduled for the next day. During the phone interview an HR Rep reviewed the job description along with when the training class would start. She went over my job experiences, what I learned from each job and why I left each job. She asked if the start date would be a problem and if I had plans to travel or have time off within the first 6 months. I did have a trip planned but I informed her I would not mind cancelling it if I got the job. She proceeded to ask me numerous What would you do if. . . and tell me about a time that . . . Once we finished with the 20 minute phone interview she asked me if I would be available to have a face-to-face interview with 2 hiring managers. She suggested that I mention my current GPA and mention my schooling in my next interview. I agreed I would be available the next day and was told I needed to go get a drug test as well as complete the background check information through a link that was emailed to me. I had 24 hours to get the drug test done if not I would be withdrawn from the process. The face-to-face interview was with two managers. One was asking all the interview questions as the other just notated everything I was answering. At first they wanted to get to know me as a person. Asked of what my days consisted of, what hobbies I had, what I looked for in a company. She then went ahead and started asking me 4 main questions of what would you do if. . . and how would you handle . . . She stated some questions could be repeated from when the HR Rep had the interview with me but to try to provide different scenarios. Once we finished the 40 minute face-to-face interview she went over the training information, job description and more about the company as a whole. That same day HireRight (the company that is contracted to do the background check) emailed me for paystubs of my current job, proof of start date and asked me to email them signed form to be able to release all the information found to USAA. That day I also got an email from my credit monitoring system that they had ran my credit. After that my status online remained as "interview in progress" for about 3 - 4 weeks. I finally received an email from the HR Rep that did my phone interview stating she needed to speak to me and asked for a good time for her to call me. Once she got a hold me she informed me the training class which was in a week had to be rescheduled for another 2 weeks but that they wanted to offer me a position. She provided me with the offering salary as well as the bonus amounts and other benefits. She then sent me an email with the offer and a link which I had to accept or deny.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what your typical day consists of.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is a range pay for each position. Based on your experience and education they tell you what you will be getting paid.

Other Interview Reviews for USAA

Financial Foundations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at USAA in February 2014.

Interview

Applied, a week later got an email for an assesment next week got hone interview then week after got in person interview. one person types what your saying one ask questions

Interview Questions

• describe a time you had to muti task, what did you do and what was outcome   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2013.

Interview

phone interview consist of basic questions ...why did you leave your last job ..what made you choose usaa for employment ...what do you know about the job you apllying for. the if they like wha they hear the will set up a face to face ..that's when they ask for detailed answers like tell me time you didn't like what you manager was doing and how'd you handle that

Interview Questions

• name a time some one came to you with an issue how did you fix the problem and why did it become an issue   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

I applied in October 2010 and received an email from the recruiter in December 2010 to schedule a phone interview. She asked basic behavioral questions and confirmed info on my resume. The same day I was scheduled for an in-person interview for about two weeks later. There I was interviewed by two individuals, one asking questions and the other typing mu responses. They asked tons of behavioral questions and about my career goals. It lasted about 45 minutes. I got a call from the recruiter about a week later offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an irate customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because I knew the chance of getting more money would ne slim to none. However a coworker of mine did and got a slightly (very slightly) higher salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2014.

Interview

Assessment test, Phone interview first. Then called in for in-person interview. Two people in the room with one typing your responses and the other the lead in asking questions. Lots and lots of questions about whether you have done sales or not. Background check was quite extensive. The company definitely has a good reputation and deals with a lot of military so the expectation was quite high on what they would ask. It was a little nerve wrecking. Application online was a little annoying and it seemed like you had redundant information entered over and over again at many steps in the process.

Interview Questions

• The usual, "Tell me about a time when" -you reached a goal, -had a difficult situation, -disagreed with a boss or coworker, - what you did, how you did it, and what was the results.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Phone interview which lasted about an hour or so, then got an invite for person interview in the San Antonio campus a couple of days. Got an offer via email two days later after of course you get your drug screening and background check passed. Average difficulty level on the interview, nothing you wouldn't expect for a customer service job. Overall easy process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a difficult customer situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with Hr and management from department. Behavioral interview questions. Very engaging and provide you with details of what is expected of you on the job. Ask multiple situation questions and provided you with schedule and advancement opportunities.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not at all

Financial Foundations Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

Started with a phone interview and then I was called in to take a computer tests to determine my skills with multitasking on more then one computer screen. This was later followed by an in person interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

It was an average process and they were very serious throughout the whole interview. The whole interview was about 45 minutes long and there was two people, one typing and one asking questions. I was very intimidated but I got the job!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to do more than required in your past job?   1 Answer

Financial Foundations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

I applied for an open position with USAA, and successfully passed my phone interview, drug screening and background check. A week later I was scheduled for an in-person interview. The interview was conducted by one interviewer and another on speaker phone. My interviewer was unprofessional, crass and blatantly rude. She accused me of not being able to hold a job, which I have only had two jobs in the past 7 years, including my present employment. The interviewer repeatedly cut me off in mid sentence, and would not answer any of my questions with more than a "yes" or "no". I have never not passed an interview process, and I have extremely good work ethics and management experience. I also come from a military family, and we have been members of USAA for over thirty years. I'm seriously considering getting new service because of the despicable way I was treated. I feel like I dodged a bullet! If you treat prospective employees that way, I can't imagine how current employees feel.

Interview Questions

• Demonstrate a time when you had to make a difficult sale.   Answer Question