USAA Financial Foundations Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

I applied to USAA through the Careers section online. Applied on January 3rd but didn't get an email back until February 15th for the assessment, took about 40 minutes. The assessment basically measures common sense, typing skills, customer relation scenarios, personality test and so on. The next day I got a call asking if I would be interested in taking a phone interview. It was scheduled for the next day.

During the phone interview an HR Rep reviewed the job description along with when the training class would start. She went over my job experiences, what I learned from each job and why I left each job. She asked if the start date would be a problem and if I had plans to travel or have time off within the first 6 months. I did have a trip planned but I informed her I would not mind cancelling it if I got the job. She proceeded to ask me numerous What would you do if. . . and tell me about a time that . . . Once we finished with the 20 minute phone interview she asked me if I would be available to have a face-to-face interview with 2 hiring managers. She suggested that I mention my current GPA and mention my schooling in my next interview. I agreed I would be available the next day and was told I needed to go get a drug test as well as complete the background check information through a link that was emailed to me. I had 24 hours to get the drug test done if not I would be withdrawn from the process.

The face-to-face interview was with two managers. One was asking all the interview questions as the other just notated everything I was answering. At first they wanted to get to know me as a person. Asked of what my days consisted of, what hobbies I had, what I looked for in a company. She then went ahead and started asking me 4 main questions of what would you do if. . . and how would you handle . . . She stated some questions could be repeated from when the HR Rep had the interview with me but to try to provide different scenarios. Once we finished the 40 minute face-to-face interview she went over the training information, job description and more about the company as a whole.

That same day HireRight (the company that is contracted to do the background check) emailed me for paystubs of my current job, proof of start date and asked me to email them signed form to be able to release all the information found to USAA. That day I also got an email from my credit monitoring system that they had ran my credit. After that my status online remained as "interview in progress" for about 3 - 4 weeks.

I finally received an email from the HR Rep that did my phone interview stating she needed to speak to me and asked for a good time for her to call me. Once she got a hold me she informed me the training class which was in a week had to be rescheduled for another 2 weeks but that they wanted to offer me a position. She provided me with the offering salary as well as the bonus amounts and other benefits. She then sent me an email with the offer and a link which I had to accept or deny.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what your typical day consists of.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is a range pay for each position. Based on your experience and education they tell you what you will be getting paid.

Other Interview Reviews for USAA

Financial Foundations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at USAA in February 2014.

Interview

Applied, a week later got an email for an assesment next week got hone interview then week after got in person interview. one person types what your saying one ask questions

Interview Questions

• describe a time you had to muti task, what did you do and what was outcome   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

I applied in October 2010 and received an email from the recruiter in December 2010 to schedule a phone interview. She asked basic behavioral questions and confirmed info on my resume. The same day I was scheduled for an in-person interview for about two weeks later. There I was interviewed by two individuals, one asking questions and the other typing mu responses. They asked tons of behavioral questions and about my career goals. It lasted about 45 minutes. I got a call from the recruiter about a week later offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an irate customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because I knew the chance of getting more money would ne slim to none. However a coworker of mine did and got a slightly (very slightly) higher salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2013.

Interview

phone interview consist of basic questions ...why did you leave your last job ..what made you choose usaa for employment ...what do you know about the job you apllying for. the if they like wha they hear the will set up a face to face ..that's when they ask for detailed answers like tell me time you didn't like what you manager was doing and how'd you handle that

Interview Questions

• name a time some one came to you with an issue how did you fix the problem and why did it become an issue   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2014.

Interview

Assessment test, Phone interview first. Then called in for in-person interview. Two people in the room with one typing your responses and the other the lead in asking questions. Lots and lots of questions about whether you have done sales or not.
    Background check was quite extensive. The company definitely has a good reputation and deals with a lot of military so the expectation was quite high on what they would ask. It was a little nerve wrecking. Application online was a little annoying and it seemed like you had redundant information entered over and over again at many steps in the process.

Interview Questions

• The usual, "Tell me about a time when" -you reached a goal, -had a difficult situation, -disagreed with a boss or coworker, - what you did, how you did it, and what was the results.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied in June of 2014 for the June, July, and August classes. It took about 2 weeks until I received an email which asked me to take an assessment (on a Tuesday) and I received a call the next day to schedule me for an interview on Thursday. I was contacted promptly by USAA HR at the scheduled time and the interview lasted about 25 minutes. The questions were pretty standard for any first round interview. In the beginning of the interview they pretty much tell you the starting pay and the hours required to work and then get into the questions. It was pretty smooth for me. At the end of the interview the HR manager told me that they wanted to pass me along to the next round interview on campus with Hiring Managers. They gave me some feedback to prepare myself for the interview. My interview was scheduled the following Thursday, a week later. I was then emailed by the HR Manager with the interview details along with instructions to complete a background check and a drug screening. I made sure to arrive early for my interview since you have to go through security and the campus is quite large. The interview is with 2 Hiring Mangers, one typing and the other mainly asking questions. Both of them made me feel very welcome and comfortable. Once again standard interview questions. At the end of the interview I was told I would hear from the HR Manager in 3 business days. It took 2 business days and I was called with a job offer and sent an email with the official offer. Pretty smooth process overall and I am excited to start my training soon.

Interview Questions

• You are asked a few questions in the SBO (Situation, Behavior, Outcome) format. Make sure you give details about the situation, how you felt and others felt during the situation, and then how it was resolved.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. This is an entry level position and it has a set starting salary. Very good pay for starting pay.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

After doing an online questionnaire I was scheduled for a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 15 minutes. I was told it would take a few days for a manager to review my answers and if I was selected I would do an in person interview. I don't like having to wait to see how I did but this has become the new norm in hiring.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went above and beyond for a disgruntled customer.   Answer Question

Financial Foundations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at USAA in October 2014.

Interview

The process was straight forward and quick. You are invited to take an online assessment, if you pass the assessment you have an initial phone screening with a recruiter. The phone screening last about 30 minutes, the recruiter describes the position and salary ($34,000 for this one) and gives you an opportunity to ask any questions. The recruiter will decide whether or not to recommend you for an interview with the hiring manager. During the interview, there are two people, one who asks the questions and another to type what you are saying. Questions are pretty standard and open-ended to get a better feel for your qualifications.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online – interviewed at USAA (Colorado Springs, CO) in January 2014.

Interview

Initially completed application online and then did a test online. A phone interview was next, followed by an in person interview. Then the waiting began as the drug test and background screening process took two months to complete. I did not even have anything in my background to make the process take so long-- if you feel like you want this job repeatedly call the background check company because they are only allowed to call you two times. If they are missing information and do not hear from you then your report will never be finished and sent to usaa.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to overcome an objection   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Financial Foundation Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at USAA.

Interview

got a phone call just talking about benefits, and training. then i was told I will be contacted soon by hiring managers. the interview was fast. they both were nice and friendly

Interview Questions

• I was nervous, it wasn't hard just behavior questions and past experience. Hiring managers were nice and friendly   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation