USAA

Updated Feb 18, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at USAA in January 2015.

Applied online for a work from home job. Took an assessment a few days later. Received an interview over the phone a few weeks later. A month and a half later had the final interview. Application process took a total of 2 and half months before a decision was made. Training does not start for another month. Background check was a bit tough. Very strict on times and dates of employment and drug testing. Recruiter and background check department weren't very good at communicating and gave me incorrect directions several times.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time you had a goal and how did you achieve it?   Answer Question
No negotiation. Was offered $32,000/yr.

Other Interview Reviews for USAA

Financial Foundation Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at USAA.

got a phone call just talking about benefits, and training. then i was told I will be contacted soon by hiring managers. the interview was fast. they both were nice and friendly

Interview Questions
    • I was nervous, it wasn't hard just behavior questions and past experience. Hiring managers were nice and friendly   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online – interviewed at USAA in January 2014.

Initially completed application online and then did a test online. A phone interview was next, followed by an in person interview. Then the waiting began as the drug test and background screening process took two months to complete. I did not even have anything in my background to make the process take so long-- if you feel like you want this job repeatedly call the background check company because they are only allowed to call you two times. If they are missing information and do not hear from you then your report will never be finished and sent to usaa.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to overcome an objection   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Financial Foundations Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at USAA in October 2014.

The process was straight forward and quick. You are invited to take an online assessment, if you pass the assessment you have an initial phone screening with a recruiter. The phone screening last about 30 minutes, the recruiter describes the position and salary ($34,000 for this one) and gives you an opportunity to ask any questions. The recruiter will decide whether or not to recommend you for an interview with the hiring manager. During the interview, there are two people, one who asks the questions and another to type what you are saying. Questions are pretty standard and open-ended to get a better feel for your qualifications.

Financial Foundations Associate Interview

Did the online assesment took about 1 month to hear back have my phone interveiw today. The recruiter emailed me several times ensuring me that I would be called so it was just a waiting game as to when

Financial Foundations Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at USAA.

I applied for an open position with USAA, and successfully passed my phone interview, drug screening and background check. A week later I was scheduled for an in-person interview. The interview was conducted by one interviewer and another on speaker phone. My interviewer was unprofessional, crass and blatantly rude. She accused me of not being able to hold a job, which I have only had two jobs in the past 7 years, including my present employment. The interviewer repeatedly cut me off in mid sentence, and would not answer any of my questions with more than a "yes" or "no". I have never not passed an interview process, and I have extremely good work ethics and management experience. I also come from a military family, and we have been members of USAA for over thirty years. I'm seriously considering getting new service because of the despicable way I was treated. I feel like I dodged a bullet! If you treat prospective employees that way, I can't imagine how current employees feel.

Interview Questions
    • Demonstrate a time when you had to make a difficult sale.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at USAA in July 2013.

phone interview consist of basic questions ...why did you leave your last job ..what made you choose usaa for employment ...what do you know about the job you apllying for. the if they like wha they hear the will set up a face to face ..that's when they ask for detailed answers like tell me time you didn't like what you manager was doing and how'd you handle that

Interview Questions
    • name a time some one came to you with an issue how did you fix the problem and why did it become an issue   Answer Question
    none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at USAA in January 2011.

I applied in October 2010 and received an email from the recruiter in December 2010 to schedule a phone interview. She asked basic behavioral questions and confirmed info on my resume. The same day I was scheduled for an in-person interview for about two weeks later. There I was interviewed by two individuals, one asking questions and the other typing mu responses. They asked tons of behavioral questions and about my career goals. It lasted about 45 minutes. I got a call from the recruiter about a week later offering me the position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with an irate customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate because I knew the chance of getting more money would ne slim to none. However a coworker of mine did and got a slightly (very slightly) higher salary.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at USAA in August 2014.

I applied online and it took 2-3 weeks to hear anything back. They emailed me an assessment which was basically a personality test and a few call center simulations. About a week later I got an email to schedule a phone interview.

The phone interview was about 15 minutes long and just a few very basic interview questions. It was a little bit awkward because the interviewer was typing the whole time I spoke, but she was very friendly and easy to talk to. At the end of the phone call, she gave me the option of doing the second and final interview on the campus or over the phone (since I don't live in the area), and she stressed that it made absolutely no difference to her. I thought that was kind of weird, but I decided to just go to the campus and do the interview in person. We scheduled the interview for the following week.

The in-person interview was also quite easy. The interviewer was super nice and made me feel comfortable, so that was probably why. They have a hallway of tiny rooms with thin walls and tiny desks that I assume they use specifically for interviewing, because there was a woman with the same interview time as me and they took us each into separate tiny rooms next to each other. Unlike others, I didn't have two people in the room when I interviewed but there was someone on speaker phone (she was from another USAA office in another state) who was basically silent the entire time except when she introduced herself at the very beginning and then when she thanked me at the end. The main interviewer (the one who was physically in the room with me) just asked a series of standard interview questions, some of them were even the same as the phone interview. She asked for a paper copy of my resume and skimmed over it. I had a list of references ready, but she never asked for them. She told me I'd hear from the recruiter I was working around the beginning of the following week.

On Monday or Tuesday of the following week, I got an email congratulating me on the interview and letting me know that they were just waiting on a few more things from my background check.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you went out of your way for a customer and what happened.   Answer Question

The pay is non-negotiable-- $36K/year. They told me I'd be working evenings and weekends for a while because they give shifts based on seniority. One of the questions I asked in the interview was about retention and the interviewer basically told me it's very low (she even admitted it's lower than other call centers in the area) because many people have issues with attendance. This was a huge red flag to me that people don't like working there and don't feel valued enough to even show up.

Financial Foundations Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at USAA in February 2014.

Applied, a week later got an email for an assesment next week got hone interview then week after got in person interview. one person types what your saying one ask questions

Interview Questions
    • describe a time you had to muti task, what did you do and what was outcome   Answer Question