USAA

Updated Dec 29, 2014

2.9

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Foundations Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at USAA.

Took about 2 weeks after I applied. They sent me an email to do an online assessment within 24 hours. I passed the assessment and got scheduled for a phone interview. I passed the phone interview, they scheduled me for an interview with the manager. Before the interview they wanted urine test, background check, credit check and employment verification. Honestly, I do not understand why they make you go through all of that process, miss days of current job,to not be guaranteed a position. Just because you get an interview with the manager, does not mean you got the job. If you have a current job make sure you don't allow them to verify employment and risk loosing your current job for a job you might not get.

Interview Questions
  • How does your experience with your current job help you at a call center?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for USAA

Financial Foundations Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at USAA in February 2014.

Applied, a week later got an email for an assesment next week got hone interview then week after got in person interview. one person types what your saying one ask questions

Interview Questions
    • describe a time you had to muti task, what did you do and what was outcome   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online – interviewed at USAA in January 2014.

Initially completed application online and then did a test online. A phone interview was next, followed by an in person interview. Then the waiting began as the drug test and background screening process took two months to complete. I did not even have anything in my background to make the process take so long-- if you feel like you want this job repeatedly call the background check company because they are only allowed to call you two times. If they are missing information and do not hear from you then your report will never be finished and sent to usaa.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to overcome an objection   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at USAA in December 2013.

Interview process went very quickly. I submitted my application and was contacted the same day. I completed all my interviews within a 2 week period. But the background check took a while. They are very thorough with conducting the background checks, which is a good thing, but can be lengthy. The interview questions were situation based, but that is pretty common. Nothing too difficult.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at USAA in July 2013.

phone interview consist of basic questions ...why did you leave your last job ..what made you choose usaa for employment ...what do you know about the job you apllying for. the if they like wha they hear the will set up a face to face ..that's when they ask for detailed answers like tell me time you didn't like what you manager was doing and how'd you handle that

Interview Questions
    • name a time some one came to you with an issue how did you fix the problem and why did it become an issue   Answer Question
    none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at USAA in June 2013.

I applied online, and about a week later I received an email that I had been scheduled for a phone interview. The phone interview was more of a screening process. My interview was with a woman who asked a few basic questions and went over the job description and made sure I was okay with the training hours and start date. After that, I was scheduled for another phone interview. This was my final interview. The woman asked me questions about my previous jobs, and about my sales experience as well as a role play and 2 basic customer service scenarios. I was told I would be contacted in 72 hours. I got a phone call three days later offering me the position. I got an email to either accept or deny the job offer. I accepted and was forwarded a login and password to fill out some new hire paperwork. My experience was positive and everyone I dealt with was very polite.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had to change old ways of doing things in order to improve sales. What is your approach to selling something.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at USAA in June 2013.

Applied online. Received email two days later to complete assessment. Received email next day after assessment for a phone interview. After phone interview was scheduled for onsite interview with manager for two days later.

Interview Questions
    • Name a specific time when you had to sell someone something who objected and what was the outcome.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. There is a range and your salary is dictated by prior experience, military experience, and education.

Financial Foundations Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at USAA.

The interview process was fairly easy. First you have to complete an online aptitude test. It has a lot fo personality questions and you have to go through different customer scenarios. It is farily simple/ The people were nice and asked very basic behavioral questions. They definitely drive home that this is a call center job so be sure to give a reason why you want a job like that.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here? Honestly, it is hard because they do not paint the job very nicely in your interview.   Answer Question

They asked if I would need any time off within the first six months, which I did for my friends wedding over a holiday weekend. I was in the wedding and they told me I had a choice between the job and going to the wedding. They told me I would have to work that Saturday and there is no time off for the first 6 months. They really seemed not to care who works for them, as long as there is a body to answer the phone.

Financial Foundation Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at USAA in January 2013.

First you will submit your application and resume to the site. Once you have completed this step you will also be asked to take a short test that will test your business and customer service acumen. If you pass the qualifications test you will be contacted by someone in HR to set up an initial interview. If you pass that interview then you will have an interview with one or more actual managers to see what they think of your potential. If you get past them, then you will do a background investigation and drug testing.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example when you had an upset customer and how you overcame their objections and turned the situation around.   Answer Question
    They told the salary for the position and I accepted, no negotiation, but they probably would be open to it if you had the qualifications.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at USAA in July 2012.

Online application and testing, phone interview, panel interview (two managers)

No negotiation.