USAA Financial Foundations Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Oct 2, 2014

2.6

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at USAA in June 2012.

Was first contact in early May by recruiting about a position I applied for 3 weeks prior she said that position was filled but they was calling me about a position that started in 1 week. I informed them that I wouldnt do that to my current employer and was moving form another state. She then stated there was a class in late July and if I would like to set up a interview for the next day. The next day another recruiter called and had no knowledge I declined the class starting in a week and said she call me next week to schedule another interview as she was still hiring for the May class. 5 weeks went by before they contact me again after I left messages and emailed them to set up a interview. During the interview the recruiter stated this is a high volume call center no off the phone time which I am not used to and you have to be in your position for 2 years. The benefits where great though. She then scheduled me for a phone interview with a hiring manager. After, I thought about it and didnt want to proceed as I know i would hate the position. I sent a email withdrawing myself. The day of my interview the hiring still called for the interview which shocked me and I have to say had to be the rudust interview ever. She was so negative about USAA- she said there are no exception to get off the phone, you have to show up to work every day no excuses, you have to make a sale on every call no exception. She never said nothing positive about the company. After that, I was so not interested so I blew the interview and lasted 15 minutes.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you went over and beyond for a member?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for USAA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online – interviewed at USAA in August 2012.

First interview was via telephone. The HR rep was about 30 minutes late calling me and seemed very distracted and uninterested. The next interview was with a manager at their office. The questions asked were the typical behavioral interview type. The hardest part was that the manager basically stared at her computer the entire time and didn't smile. She also seemed very uninterested. I'm not sure if it's because they had done a number of interviews but their demeanor reflected negatively on my impression of the company. I was told I would hear within 3 business days the outcome of the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at USAA in December 2013.

I applied online, took the testing portion and passed. I then received a call a couple days later to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was about 15 min long and that went well. After the phone interview, I had to take my drug test and have a backround check. I still am in the process of having my face to face interview tomorrow morning. Everything has been going smoothly with the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • The phone interview questions are basic questions about your past experiences, and what kind of skills/expertise you can bring to the position. After about 15 min, my interviewer then scheduled a face to face interview tomorrow with 2 managers on site.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at USAA in February 2014.

Applied online via USAA website. Finally made it to phone interview after applying for numerous positions. I was sent an assessment email about a week after applying. The following week received an email for phone interview with recruiter, which told me she would call at 2 pm the following Saturday. I was available and waited by the phone, unfortunately my cell phone didn't ring, but I received a voicemail notification. It was the recruiter, so I immediately called back. She answered and I explained what happened, she said no problem and we got started with the interview. We went over my background and she told me about the company benefits and salary. She asked if I were prior military or military spouse. I told her my husband had served. She asked if I had any experience up selling products. I told her yes and about the experience. She asked me to give her an example of a situation inwhich I tried to sell a product to a customer and they initially declined and how I was able to change their mind. Being that my experience was a service first job, I didn't have an experience like that to share and relayed that to the recruiter. So, to end the interview she said she would pass along resumes to the manager and they would make decisions on the following Monday as to who would get face to face interviews. I thanked her and we ended the call.
    I knew from other reviews that the recruiter made the decision as to who moved further. She lied about that...I logged on to their website to check my status on Sunday and it said 'rejected in interview'. Don't know why the lie was necessary, but oh well. It's funny because their so called values are Service, Loyalty, Honesty, and Integrity. It should be more like sales, dishonesty, and maybe service, hahaha!

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time when a customer initially declined a sale and describe how you we able to change their minds...   Answer Question

Financial Foundations Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at USAA in February 2014.

I applied online to several positions and got rejections for most of them. Then finally i received an email with an assessment. I completed it and it took about 3 weeks for me to receive another email with a date and time for a phone interview. I have completed my phone interview yesterday. It wasnt too difficult just questions about my previous positions and why I left. No give me a "specific time" questions. My recruiter went over benefits, schedule and pay and asked if I needed to take time off for the next 3 months. At the end she said she will forward the information to a manager and decisions are made by the end of the week. I felt that the interview went okay, but after seeing some of the previous comments I am not too sure anymore. We shall see!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at USAA in May 2014.

Phone interview, followed by phone interview, drug testing, on line assessment, and background check. Final interview with HR mgr and dept mgr at home site. Less than one hour to complete.

Interview Questions
    • Pretending to be a travel agent and overcoming objections that have nothing to do with insurance.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at USAA in May 2014.

The company is choosy about whom it hires. That is great. They only want the best of the best working there, and I am all for that considering that they serve the best customer base our country has to offer.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you looking to leave your current job? This question was difficult because I did not really want to get into any issues I have with my current employer.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online – interviewed at USAA in August 2014.

I completed the very extensive application, assessment and simulated call situations. I had a phone interview with HR that lasted about 20 minutes. Had an in-person interview a couple of days later with 2 woman who each asked scenario questions and typed notes. They were very clear about their micromanaging. Also, they required that I give up my Fl Health Insurance as a condition of employment.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you made a customer service mistake and how you resolved it. Give an example of how you handled a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at USAA in February 2010.

They were quick to call after about a week. 3 interviews, 1 phone, 1 person with a phone computer test and 3rd with manager, Standard. Simple basic interview questions and they give you the run down on the job. They are open if you ask questions

Interview Questions
    Easy, pay was right for the ammount of work

Financial Foundations Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at USAA.

I was contacted by a recruiter about a week after I applied online in which we scheduled a phone interview and then an in-person interview was scheduled a week later. In the meantime I was required to complete a drug test, submit further background information and submit fingerprint samples for criminal background screenings. At the in person interview the hiring manager was on time and very courteous. Although he was actually managing another division from which I was applying he stated he wished I would have applied for a position in his division, and the interview went seamlessly.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was I was asked to repeat a one page policy letter to the best of my ability after it was read to me, since the position was a customer service related one and I would have to remember and apply what customers were saying to me.   Answer Question