USAA

Getting the Interview

16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Antonio, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at USAA.

Interview Details – I applied online after meeting USAA reps at a college career fair. A few days later I received an email informing me that they were interested in conducting a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of no technical questions, just logic based questions. After a week, I received another email inviting me to interview in person. It was a two day process. The first day was very casual. We just had dinner with some of the managers from the company. The second day consisted of a 1 hr interview and a tour of the enormous campus. The face to face interview was had very similar questions as the phone interview. A few logic questions, 1 question asking how you would handle an efficiency issue, 1 design question

Interview Question – Design an application that can be used on multiple types of devices. It must allow the user to record audio, take pictures, wrote text, etc; It must also store the data and be able to be accessed at a later date. You have to draw a picture and explain everything.   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at USAA.

Interview Details – 3 stages 1st Math Questions , 2nd Design Questions app for meeting scheduling for geographically distributed company. What will you consider. 3rd CRM with big data what all u can do with that data

Interview Question – Design Question catchy   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at USAA.

Interview Details – Few technical questions for the 2nd round interview. Then on sight interview to see if we would enjoy the campus/job.

Interview Question – Size of moon.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't try to negotiate as the original offer was great.

IT Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at USAA in October 2013.

Interview Details – Spoke with a recruiter at my university's recruiting fair. Received a call later that night and schedule an interview for the next day. The interview was pretty relaxed and there were no technical questions. There was one logic problem and two design related problems, as well as a couple of behavioral type questions.

Interview Question – Design problem regarding efficiency of elevators   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at USAA in November 2013.

Interview Details – Initial communication at college career fair. Had dinner with recruiters the day before on-campus interviews and was invited to the next round of interviews at USAA two weeks later.

USAA interview was pretty simple, very similar to the on-campus interview. No technical questions, just "how would you design this" and teamwork questions.

Interview Question – No real technical interviews. Mostly problem solving.   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at USAA.

Interview Details – Met with recruiters at a university job fair. Spoke with them for a bit about my resume and received a call for an interview the next day. Interview consisted of a math problem relating to programming, a code design problem, and a "creative thinking" problem.

Few weeks later I received an email to arrange for an on-site interview. The interview process over there was the same - math problem, code design, and creative, but this time they ask you about your interests so they can place you into a team that better suits your interests.

Interview Question – Don't remember the numbers exactly, but it was a scenario with a bike lock consisting of 5 numbers. The first number was 3 times the 2nd number. The 2nd number was half of the 5th number plus 3, and so on.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Rate is not negotiable.

IT Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at USAA.

Interview Details – Applied online, received a phone interview.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, mostly behavioral and "brain teaser" type questions.   Answer Question

San Antonio, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at USAA in October 2011.

Interview Details – One interview on campus and second interview on San Antonio campus. They contact you and arrange your travel arrangements. You go and spend 2 night in San Antonio, including about one day worth of tours and (one hour) of interviews. They contact you a few weeks later with their decision.

Interview Question – It was pretty straight forward. Just be yourself. Don't necessarily follow basic interview guidelines.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they contacted me and send me a job offer with pay rate

San Antonio, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at USAA in November 2012.

Interview Details – Initial contact started at a career expo where instead of waiting at their booth they sought out candidates. From there after a brief chat over the companies mission I gave them my resume and was sent on my way. They then contacted me a few weeks later for the initial on-campus interviews.

The interview was with two IT managers and was primarily over my resume and three questions. One a mathematical logic question to test your reasoning, a second over a difficult situation I have had to deal with before between coworkers, and the last was a way to improve transportation within a company to eliminate the slowness of elevators.

After that interview I was contacted for an on-site interview at their headquarters. They arranged for lodging at an area hotel. At the hotel we had dinner with 3-4 IT managers where we were able to ask questions about the company in general and get to know them a bit better. The next day we took a limo-van to their building where we awaited to be interviewed. The interview was once again with two IT managers and generally the same question with different situations involved. After that we got a tiny tour of the local buildings and then we got an overall tour of their entire location. After that we finalized some paperwork and were sent back on our ways.

Interview Question – I did not find much of their interview process to be difficult. I guess the part that they would find difficult is that since I come from a military background I tend to not question the situation and just work to improve it.   View Answer

Lubbock, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at USAA in February 2012.

Interview Details – Initial interview was held at my university campus. A lot of behavioral questions, and a few technical and logic questions. They are very relaxed and want to get a feel for the type of person you are, because they are looking for people who will fit well into their company culture. Don't worry about answering their logic questions incorrectly - they are looking for your problem solving abilities rather than the right answer. The best thing to do is to walk through your steps after you've worked the problem, or talk it out as you're working through it.

Interview Question – How would you innovate a company's existing product? (Ex. Candle making company)   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at USAA

Worked for USAA? Contribute to the Community!

USAA Videos

USAA – Why Work for Us?

USAA's Mission The mission of the association is to facilitate the financial security of its members, associates, and their families through provision of a full range of highly competitive financial products and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at USAA IT Intern interview questions and advice. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by USAA employees and interview candidates.