USAA

Average Difficulty
18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at USAA

Interview Details – The first round interview and second round were all behavioral. The interview process was well organized, and for the second round I stayed at the Omni hotel in San Antonio.

Interview Question – There were none unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Interviewed at USAA

Interview Details – I talked to their recruiters at a career fair at my school. They called me shortly after the career fair was over and invited me to a dinner with other potential recruits at a steak house the following evening. Prior to the dinner, I was also invited to the first interview.

The dinner was mostly informational (it was not an interview), though the person who eventually interviewed me was there. They mainly told us about the company, the interview process, and what to expect.

They recommend "business professional dress" for the interview, so have a suit and tie ahead of time, because the process moves pretty quickly at the beginning (they fly their recruiters in for the job fairs and want to get bang for their buck).

For the interview, it was an hour long with three behavioral questions (If you find a list of a few dozen behavioral questions online, they will probably be on there), three analytical questions (come up with something innovative given a certain scenario, design something that does something, etc).

After that, it was about two weeks before I was invited to a second interview. They fly you out to San Antonio, put you up in a nice hotel. There's a dinner the night before where you get to meet with some managers from the company. The next morning (early) they shuttle you from the hotel to the USAA Campus, serve breakfast, and then the interviews begin.

The second interview is almost identical to the first one, the only real difference is there are two people in the interview instead of one, and the questions are the same format, but different.

After that, they serve lunch, have various people come and speak about the company, internship program, etc, and give a tour of the campus (it is huge).

I was extended an offer about three weeks later.

Interview Question – Recall a time when you were in a situation where things weren't going well and no one was doing anything about it. What did you do?   Answer Question

San Antonio, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at USAA.

Interview Details – I applied online after meeting USAA reps at a college career fair. A few days later I received an email informing me that they were interested in conducting a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of no technical questions, just logic based questions. After a week, I received another email inviting me to interview in person. It was a two day process. The first day was very casual. We just had dinner with some of the managers from the company. The second day consisted of a 1 hr interview and a tour of the enormous campus. The face to face interview was had very similar questions as the phone interview. A few logic questions, 1 question asking how you would handle an efficiency issue, 1 design question

Interview Question – Design an application that can be used on multiple types of devices. It must allow the user to record audio, take pictures, wrote text, etc; It must also store the data and be able to be accessed at a later date. You have to draw a picture and explain everything.   Answer Question

IT Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at USAA.

Interview Details – 3 stages 1st Math Questions , 2nd Design Questions app for meeting scheduling for geographically distributed company. What will you consider. 3rd CRM with big data what all u can do with that data

Interview Question – Design Question catchy   Answer Question

IT Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at USAA.

Interview Details – Few technical questions for the 2nd round interview. Then on sight interview to see if we would enjoy the campus/job.

Interview Question – Size of moon.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't try to negotiate as the original offer was great.

IT Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at USAA in October 2013.

Interview Details – Spoke with a recruiter at my university's recruiting fair. Received a call later that night and schedule an interview for the next day. The interview was pretty relaxed and there were no technical questions. There was one logic problem and two design related problems, as well as a couple of behavioral type questions.

Interview Question – Design problem regarding efficiency of elevators   Answer Question

IT Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at USAA in November 2013.

Interview Details – Initial communication at college career fair. Had dinner with recruiters the day before on-campus interviews and was invited to the next round of interviews at USAA two weeks later.

USAA interview was pretty simple, very similar to the on-campus interview. No technical questions, just "how would you design this" and teamwork questions.

Interview Question – No real technical interviews. Mostly problem solving.   Answer Question

IT Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at USAA.

Interview Details – Met with recruiters at a university job fair. Spoke with them for a bit about my resume and received a call for an interview the next day. Interview consisted of a math problem relating to programming, a code design problem, and a "creative thinking" problem.

Few weeks later I received an email to arrange for an on-site interview. The interview process over there was the same - math problem, code design, and creative, but this time they ask you about your interests so they can place you into a team that better suits your interests.

Interview Question – Don't remember the numbers exactly, but it was a scenario with a bike lock consisting of 5 numbers. The first number was 3 times the 2nd number. The 2nd number was half of the 5th number plus 3, and so on.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Rate is not negotiable.

IT Intern

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at USAA.

Interview Details – Applied online, received a phone interview.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, mostly behavioral and "brain teaser" type questions.   Answer Question

San Antonio, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at USAA in October 2011.

Interview Details – One interview on campus and second interview on San Antonio campus. They contact you and arrange your travel arrangements. You go and spend 2 night in San Antonio, including about one day worth of tours and (one hour) of interviews. They contact you a few weeks later with their decision.

Interview Question – It was pretty straight forward. Just be yourself. Don't necessarily follow basic interview guidelines.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they contacted me and send me a job offer with pay rate

Interviews for Top Jobs at USAA

Worked for USAA? Contribute to the Community!

USAA Videos

USAA – Why Work for Us?

USAA's Mission The mission of the association is to facilitate the financial security of its members, associates, and their families through provision of a full range of highly competitive financial products and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at USAA IT Intern interview questions and advice. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by USAA employees and interview candidates.