USAA IT Intern Interview Questions

2.6

IT Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

After an on-campus 1:1 interview with behavioral, situational and a logic question. I was flown to the headquarters. They hosted my group in a hotel by the riverwalk and we had a networking dinner. Next day consisted of a tour, drug test, presentations on the company and another interview. The second interview 2:1 was very much like the first with only one technical question and the rest being behavioral and situational.

Interview Questions

• Explain a risk you took and how it turned out.   Answer Question
  • If you had unlimited money and unlimited technological innovation, what would you put in your dream house?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for USAA

IT Intern Interview

Application

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

I had an initial interview with an IT employee at a Computing conference. The interview consisted of the usual behavioral questions and some thought provoking questions. There were also a couple of technical questions, dealing with database growth rates. A few weeks after the interview I was contacted for second round interviews at the San Antonio campus. They flew me out and put all the interviewees at the Omni. We had dinner that night then breakfast, interviews, and, a tour of the campus the next day. The interview was 2:1 and followed the same format of the first interview.

Interview Questions

• What are the implications of moving the computing society to the cloud.   1 Answer

IT Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

Met a recruiter at Career Fair and passed my resume along to him. I received an interview from our university career website. I researched the company and the intern position description. The interview took about an hour with behavioral questions, calculating questions, and creative thinking questions.

Interview Questions

• A business is about to go bankrupt. This business sells generic products. Choose one of the 4 products and how would you improve or change this product.
      1) Candle
      2) Piggy bank
      3) Mouse pad
      4) Towel

1 Answer

IT Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at USAA (College Station, TX).

Interview

Three part interview with a recruiter. First portion was behavioral. The second part of the interview was a two part critical thinking portion. Then the last was situational.

Interview Questions

• There was a critical thinking question about data utilization rates on certain disks   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

The hiring process was simple. They recruited on campus for first round of interviews. A second round of interviews was done on the USAA campus with 2 interviewees. It's the usual behavioral questions like "how would you handle a situation where this happen?" and then some more technical questions.

Interview Questions

• There was a little math problem to solve. I'm an MIS major so didn't really expect to be solving a math question.   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at USAA (Lubbock, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

Initial interview was held at my university campus. A lot of behavioral questions, and a few technical and logic questions. They are very relaxed and want to get a feel for the type of person you are, because they are looking for people who will fit well into their company culture. Don't worry about answering their logic questions incorrectly - they are looking for your problem solving abilities rather than the right answer. The best thing to do is to walk through your steps after you've worked the problem, or talk it out as you're working through it.

Interview Questions

• How would you innovate a company's existing product? (Ex. Candle making company)   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at USAA.

Interview

Met with recruiters at a university job fair. Spoke with them for a bit about my resume and received a call for an interview the next day. Interview consisted of a math problem relating to programming, a code design problem, and a "creative thinking" problem.

Few weeks later I received an email to arrange for an on-site interview. The interview process over there was the same - math problem, code design, and creative, but this time they ask you about your interests so they can place you into a team that better suits your interests.

Interview Questions

• Don't remember the numbers exactly, but it was a scenario with a bike lock consisting of 5 numbers. The first number was 3 times the 2nd number. The 2nd number was half of the 5th number plus 3, and so on.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Rate is not negotiable.

IT Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

One interview on campus and second interview on San Antonio campus. They contact you and arrange your travel arrangements. You go and spend 2 night in San Antonio, including about one day worth of tours and (one hour) of interviews. They contact you a few weeks later with their decision.

Interview Questions

• It was pretty straight forward. Just be yourself. Don't necessarily follow basic interview guidelines.   Answer Question

Negotiation

they contacted me and send me a job offer with pay rate

IT Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at USAA in November 2013.

Interview

Initial communication at college career fair. Had dinner with recruiters the day before on-campus interviews and was invited to the next round of interviews at USAA two weeks later.

USAA interview was pretty simple, very similar to the on-campus interview. No technical questions, just "how would you design this" and teamwork questions.

IT Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at USAA in October 2013.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter at my university's recruiting fair. Received a call later that night and schedule an interview for the next day. The interview was pretty relaxed and there were no technical questions. There was one logic problem and two design related problems, as well as a couple of behavioral type questions.