USAA

2.5

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at USAA.

Spoke with the recruiters at an college job fair during the Fall semester. Was able to set up an on-campus interview the next day. Interviewed with the IT Manager. Interview was very easy to talk to and relate with. Very smooth interview. Questions were behavioral, how you work on a team, etc.

Interview Questions
  • Come up with an idea that would improve the customer experience (something along those lines)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for USAA

IT Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at USAA.

I was recruited in career fair. Had 1:1 interview, rejected after that. I would have liked to receive feedback on it, I was told by the interviewer I did really good and the interview even lasted more than expected, but I only got an automated email saying I was rejected during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Design how would you implement banking in an original way   Answer Question

IT Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at USAA in October 2014.

Two rounds of interviews. First one was on my University Campus during career fair recruitment. The second interview USAA flew us out to San Antonio, stayed at the Omni Hotel and had a networking dinner the night before with various employees. The interview day, was filled with various presentations and a tour of the campus (which is huge and awesome)

Interview Questions
    • Design question, design an app that allows military to use in remote locations   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at USAA in October 2014.

Found out about opportunity through university career fairs (they do alot of work with university relations). They have 2 interviews and always have 3 specific questions - one problem solving, one logical, and one creative. The problem solving is something like given a set of clues, can you figure out the solution to the problem? The logical question is coming up with a design, key features, or capabilities that a certain new product would need (innovative thinking). The creative questions is similar and asks you to come up with a unique solution or design to solve a certain problem at hand. All are very easy-going and do not require intense programming skills. They don't ask you to write code or anything like that. The interview is behavioral based and measures your personality as a fit to their culture.

Interview Questions
    • The design and logical questions (described above) was what I thought was most challenging. They are looking for certain key words from your answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at USAA in October 2014.

Talked to engineers at college career fair. Made a good impression and was emailed to set up an on campus interview within 5 days (despite being told that it was unlikely because I was a freshman). Interview was scheduled about three weeks after the initial contact at career fair. This interview (with an experienced developer turned manager) went well, and I received a phone call 5 days later asking to setup a second round phone interview (this time with two IT managers) for the end of the week. I received an offer 5 days thereafter. Altogether, the process took a little more than 4 weeks. My process was expedited, but I was offered an expenses-paid San Antonio visit/tour of the campus before my offer deadline.

Both interviews were /very/ similar. One mathematical reasoning question, two design/innovation questions. Nothing you can prepare for really.

Interview Questions
    • You have engineering resources to spare. Come up with a compelling product or idea to encourage innovation.   Answer Question

IT Interview

I met a recruiter at a school career fair, and turned in a resume. A couple weeks later I received an email setting up an interview, which was on campus. The interviewer was friendly, and the precess went smoothly. I later found out I did not make the final round of interviews, but it was still a good learning experience.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when something needed to be done, but nobody was doing anything.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at USAA in November 2012.

Most of the questions were behavioral based, with some critical thinking and design based questions. The environment was pretty laid back and easy. The interview was by a panel of two senior members of the IT.

Interview Questions
    • How would you redesign the elevator to make it more efficient?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at USAA in February 2012.

1 on 1 Inteview, essentially all behavioral questions, 'describe a situation on which..."

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at USAA in January 2011.

Had a phone interview and then on-site interview in San Antonio. The night before the interviews, there's a nice dinner with some of the recruiters and the other candidates. The next day, we went to the interview. You get a chance to tour the facility (and take a drug test).

The interview wasn't bad. There are two interviewers and most of the questions are standard interview questions ("Think of a time when..."). There was also a written part of the interview. However, the questions are not very technical. Just take your time when you to them, if you need to.

Unfortunately, a change in my classes meant that I couldn't work when I had intended to so I couldn't be considered for the position. I would definitely recommend applying though!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at USAA in May 2010.

Was contacted to schedule a phone interview. This was part technical but mostly like a screening interview with more general questions. I was then called 2 weeks later to schedule a face to face interview at their headquarters. There were two rounds, first technical and then with two managers who asked questions to assess behavioral skills and personality. 2 weeks later i had an offer in hand.