USAA

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at USAA

Interview Details – I met a recruiter at a school career fair, and turned in a resume. A couple weeks later I received an email setting up an interview, which was on campus. The interviewer was friendly, and the precess went smoothly. I later found out I did not make the final round of interviews, but it was still a good learning experience.

Interview Question – Describe a time when something needed to be done, but nobody was doing anything.   Answer Question

San Antonio, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at USAA in November 2012.

Interview Details – Most of the questions were behavioral based, with some critical thinking and design based questions. The environment was pretty laid back and easy. The interview was by a panel of two senior members of the IT.

Interview Question – How would you redesign the elevator to make it more efficient?   Answer Question

El Paso, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at USAA in February 2012.

Interview Details – 1 on 1 Inteview, essentially all behavioral questions, 'describe a situation on which..."

Interview Question – Would you relocate?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

San Antonio, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at USAA in January 2011.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview and then on-site interview in San Antonio. The night before the interviews, there's a nice dinner with some of the recruiters and the other candidates. The next day, we went to the interview. You get a chance to tour the facility (and take a drug test).

The interview wasn't bad. There are two interviewers and most of the questions are standard interview questions ("Think of a time when..."). There was also a written part of the interview. However, the questions are not very technical. Just take your time when you to them, if you need to.

Unfortunately, a change in my classes meant that I couldn't work when I had intended to so I couldn't be considered for the position. I would definitely recommend applying though!

Interview Question – They asked us not to share interview questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at USAA in February 2010.

Interview Details – Applied for it. It was fairly easy and laid back

Interview Question – Walk me through your resume?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They pay really good

San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at USAA in May 2010.

Interview Details – Was contacted to schedule a phone interview. This was part technical but mostly like a screening interview with more general questions. I was then called 2 weeks later to schedule a face to face interview at their headquarters. There were two rounds, first technical and then with two managers who asked questions to assess behavioral skills and personality. 2 weeks later i had an offer in hand.

Interview Question – Do you think the customer is always right?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at USAA

Worked for USAA? Contribute to the Community!

USAA Videos

USAA – Why Work for Us?

USAA's Mission The mission of the association is to facilitate the financial security of its members, associates, and their families through provision of a full range of highly competitive financial products and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at USAA IT interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by USAA employees and interview candidates.