USAA Intern Interview Questions

2.4

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at USAA in October 2014.

Met with them on the Career fair and had a behavior questions interview. Little math puzzle and some creative problem solving / problem solving approach.

After the 1st interview they contacted me a few weeks later offering me to go their campus in Plano, TX where they took us to Dinner and the next day more interviews and an more detailed overview of the company / benefits.

If you have any military connection be sure to mention it and bring it up. Most of the time they are asking for a fit for their culture and not a skillset.

Other Interview Reviews for USAA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at USAA in October 2013.

I did not have the opportunity to speak with USAA at the career fair, but I applied online. The entire process lasted a little over a month. Shortly after I applied I was contacted for a videoconference interview. The interviewer asked typical behavioral questions and questions about my interest in the field. Two weeks later I was notified that I was selected for the final interviews. A week later I drove to San Antonio and we had dinner with the other students and a few members from the department. The next day we went to HQ and toured the campus, met with many people working in the department and were interviewed in a two person panel for about 45 minutes. All the questions were behavioral, but I could see how the questions were related to my specific position. They also based all of their questions from my experiences on my resume. I found out I was selected for the position three business days later.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation, but the offer is very good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at USAA in October 2013.

I was first contacted by a recruiter after submitting my application. I had a phone interview, and then was flown down to the Home Office in San Antonio, TX for an on-site interview. We had a tour and an interview built into one day. We also had dinner the night before with the other candidates and employees from the department. Between breakfast and lunch the day before, I met over 20+ employees who I know work with on a daily basis at my internship.

Interview Questions
    • I had no technical questions-they were all behavioral based.   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate.

Intern Interview

University recruitment, campus fair, campus interview, followed by on-sight interview.

Interview Questions
    • Mainly behavioral questions, they weren't trying to catch you off guard.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at USAA in February 2013.

Interview on campus. Afterwards, got an e-mail for an on-site visit with other students. We had dinner the day before, then we got an escort to the facility. We were there for about 6 hours, but interview lasted only one hour. Two critical thinking questions and one math question the first interview, and one critical question and one math question. Same difficulty.

Interview Questions
    • The math question was relatively easy, but confusing. Just ask questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at USAA in October 2012.

Applied through my college recruiting website, and was notified that I would have an interview on a scheduled day.

In the interview, I was given a few problems. The first problem involved a simple algebraic problem solving skills. The second was designing a system for a pizza restaurant. The third was coming up with an innovation to replace elevators and escalators.

Really they just wanted to see if I was logical yet creative while still being personable.

Interview Questions
    • In the second interview they gave me a situation:

If you were told one year in advance that a giant earthquake would completely break california from the mainland US, and had anyone's skills at your disposal, what would you do to prepare for that day.
        View Answers (3)
    No negotiation as it was an internship offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at USAA in March 2012.

I first saw USAA at a career fair booth at my school where I was offered a next day interview. Among some behavioral questions there were some creative thinking questions given to see how I go about solving problems. After the interview I was contacted by HR to go onsite in san antonio to interview again. I was flew to san antonio for free and they provided a one night hotel as well as meals. I arrived onsite the next day where I interviewed with two managers and then I took a tour of the campus before flying back. I was emailed next week saying that I was not given the offer.

Interview Questions
    • What is a website that you visit frequently and how would you go about improving it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at USAA in October 2011.

Internship interview -- offsite.
    First half were questions about who you are, why you want to work at USAA and then personality questions relating to working with others and you are to give examples from your experience.
    Second half is more technically as they look for you to say keywords like development model names.
    Next they'll ask a critical analysis math problem, similar to a math problem on a middle school homework assignment. (Weird and confusing wording but a simple problem)
    Next they'll ask you a situational question relating to developing something and what the steps are required to build it.
    Then they'll ask crap like what are you personally interested in.

Onsite interview is the same but a tag team. They follow a similar order of questions as the first one but they feel free to ask questions they want whenever.

They gave us a time frame of when we would know when we would get notified and we weren't notified in the specified time frame. But recently learned there was a hiring freeze that caused some of lag between the recruiters and the potential interns.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • You are to design a leak detection system. What kind of data would you collect from a leak detection system that you have implemented. Explain how you would go about this.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interviewed at a conference two weeks later was flown out for an interview and tour of headquarters

Interview Questions
    • They will ask a design and creativity questions that are all very different in nature and sometimes difficult to think outside of the box on.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Initial 5 min interview with one person to talk about basic info. Second person went through behavioral questions and then gave a written skills test.

Interview Questions
    • What was your the most difficult obstacle that you had to overcome?   Answer Question