USAA Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jan 28, 2015
Updated Jan 28, 2015

2.6

Intern Interview

First round of interviews on campus. Interview was primarily more of a fit-type of interview. Two weeks later got offered to have a second round at their main office in San Antonio. Second interview was much more in-depth

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time where you made a decision and regretted it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for USAA

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at USAA.

Recruited at a job fair. First interview at the school was pretty simple. Mostly background stuff to see if you know what direction you want to go in. There are a few problem-solving questions that involve logic, design, and creativity respectively. Then, they put you up in a hotel on the riverwalk for a night to wine and dine you before a campus tour and panel interviews.

Interview Questions
    • How would you replace typing on a keyboard to interact with a mobile app   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at USAA in October 2014.

Met with them on the Career fair and had a behavior questions interview. Little math puzzle and some creative problem solving / problem solving approach.

After the 1st interview they contacted me a few weeks later offering me to go their campus in Plano, TX where they took us to Dinner and the next day more interviews and an more detailed overview of the company / benefits.

If you have any military connection be sure to mention it and bring it up. Most of the time they are asking for a fit for their culture and not a skillset.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at USAA in October 2014.

On campus interview the day after the career fair. 9 days later and offer to go to cooperate in5 days. After 1 week after the cooperate interview I was extended an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time a whole was greater then the sum or it's parts, where you worked together to achieve something bigger then you could've done on your own.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at USAA in September 2014.

Met with a recruiter at a campus career fair. I got a call about two days later asking to set up an interview later that week. Recruiters were very friendly and easy to talk to. After some basic questions, was handed essentially a test to complete in front of the recruiter. It had four questions mainly to see your thought process. Was a bit uncomfortable completing it while the recruiter watched but got through it okay enough. They mainly want to see how you think and if you'd fit in with their culture.

Interview Questions
    • The only question I remember from the written portion involved a chart that had a list of names and their scheduling preferences. You were asked to create a one week schedule based off of the information   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at USAA in October 2013.

I did not have the opportunity to speak with USAA at the career fair, but I applied online. The entire process lasted a little over a month. Shortly after I applied I was contacted for a videoconference interview. The interviewer asked typical behavioral questions and questions about my interest in the field. Two weeks later I was notified that I was selected for the final interviews. A week later I drove to San Antonio and we had dinner with the other students and a few members from the department. The next day we went to HQ and toured the campus, met with many people working in the department and were interviewed in a two person panel for about 45 minutes. All the questions were behavioral, but I could see how the questions were related to my specific position. They also based all of their questions from my experiences on my resume. I found out I was selected for the position three business days later.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation, but the offer is very good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at USAA in October 2013.

I was first contacted by a recruiter after submitting my application. I had a phone interview, and then was flown down to the Home Office in San Antonio, TX for an on-site interview. We had a tour and an interview built into one day. We also had dinner the night before with the other candidates and employees from the department. Between breakfast and lunch the day before, I met over 20+ employees who I know work with on a daily basis at my internship.

Interview Questions
    • I had no technical questions-they were all behavioral based.   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate.

Intern Interview

University recruitment, campus fair, campus interview, followed by on-sight interview.

Interview Questions
    • Mainly behavioral questions, they weren't trying to catch you off guard.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at USAA in March 2013.

On campus interview, was asked general behavioral questions and a few logic puzzles. Interviewer did not seem to want to be there, acted very disinterested from the beginning. Also very focused on undergraduate GPA, will not consider a second interview if it is too low despite any other higher education.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at USAA in February 2013.

Interview on campus. Afterwards, got an e-mail for an on-site visit with other students. We had dinner the day before, then we got an escort to the facility. We were there for about 6 hours, but interview lasted only one hour. Two critical thinking questions and one math question the first interview, and one critical question and one math question. Same difficulty.

Interview Questions
    • The math question was relatively easy, but confusing. Just ask questions.   Answer Question