USAA Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Phone interview which lasted about an hour or so, then got an invite for person interview in the San Antonio campus a couple of days. Got an offer via email two days later after of course you get your drug screening and background check passed. Average difficulty level on the interview, nothing you wouldn't expect for a customer service job. Overall easy process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a difficult customer situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at USAA (Colorado Springs, CO).

Interview

I started as an intern and the process was fairly simple and normal questions. They invest a lot into their interns starting by taking everyone out to eat after you make it past the second interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online then was asked to take an assessment. After I passed that I was scheduled for a phone interview with a recruiter. The recruiter then scheduled me or an interview with a hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a scenario when you provided excellent customer service.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative- Auto Insurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at USAA (Colorado Springs, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and after about 5 days I was sent an email saying they would like me to take an assessment test. I took the test and then 2 days later I was contacted through email telling me that a phone interview had been set up for a couple days later. The phone interview was very low stress and the interviewer was easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• What did you do when a customer was upset with their service/product? (Give a specific example)   Answer Question

Financial Foundations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online,
    Received email 6 days later
    5 days after I completed and passed assessment,
    I received email scheduling phone interview the following Friday, but I had to reschedule for Monday the following week.

At this point I had successfully passed round 1 of interviews with recruiter. I was then, prompted to complete background check and drug test. I am scheduled for an interview with a Hirng Manager.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 3 years?   Answer Question
    • What skills do you have that would help you in fulfilling job requirements?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at USAA.

Interview

I received an email with in a few days of finishing an online assessment (3 months before the training class was to begin). After a couple emails the interview was scheduled almost four weeks later. Typical interview, nothing out of the ordinary. 2nd interview was scheduled at the end of the first interview for another 3 weeks later. This interview process of weeks inbetween interviews I found to be a bit nerve-racking, since I really wanted this job (the starting pay is awsome for my area) and didn't know how hard I should still be looking for a job. I slowed my job search and waited. 10 days before the second interview I received a call to reschedule for a couple more day later, then another call to reschedule the time. 4 days before the second interview they called to let me know they had filled all the positions. DISAPPOINTING

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you helped an angry customer.   1 Answer

Financial Foundations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at USAA.

Interview

Applied online, got an email asking me to take an assessment, then 2 days later got another email with a phone interview day and time. After the phone interview, they set me up with an on-site interview. Offered me the job within a few days

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at USAA.

Interview

30 minutes behavioral phone call. Just standard STAR type questions. A few questions involving regressions that should be pretty easy if you have any regression related knowledge. Next round on campus in San Antonio if you make it through the phone interview stage

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied through USAA career website. About 2 weeks later I got an e-mail for the official application. Shortly after I received another email for the typing assessment & personality questionnaire. The following week, I was scheduled for a phone interview with the recruiter that was assigned. Phone interviewer asked me standard interview questions and gave me the initial base salary and ask if that was fine with me so we continue the interview. After the interview, I got an email for the background and drug test information which I completed before the final interview. A few days, I was scheduled for an in-person interview with two managers. It lasted about 20 minutes very standard and friendly. They conducted my background check in mid April using HireRight's background screening and it came back clear almost over 3 weeks later. Once I came back clear,they offer me the position by phone and sent me the official offer letter and details a few minutes later which I then accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online. After a few days, I got an email asking me to take an assessment. After I took and passed the assessment, I got a call to schedule a phone interview about a week later. I also got an email to start my background and credit check. I'm glad they started the background check then because it took a long time. Some information I had to give them more than once. After I did the phone interview, I was contacted about a week later for the face-to-face interview. I was offered the job about a week and a half after that. In total, the entire process took a little over a month.

Interview Questions

• Name a rime when you had to convince someone to buy something that they originally had no interest in?   Answer Question