USAA Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015
Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.8

Decision Science Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at USAA.

Interview

30 minutes behavioral phone call. Just standard STAR type questions. A few questions involving regressions that should be pretty easy if you have any regression related knowledge. Next round on campus in San Antonio if you make it through the phone interview stage

Financial Foundations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at USAA.

Interview

I received an email with in a few days of finishing an online assessment (3 months before the training class was to begin). After a couple emails the interview was scheduled almost four weeks later. Typical interview, nothing out of the ordinary. 2nd interview was scheduled at the end of the first interview for another 3 weeks later. This interview process of weeks inbetween interviews I found to be a bit nerve-racking, since I really wanted this job (the starting pay is awsome for my area) and didn't know how hard I should still be looking for a job. I slowed my job search and waited. 10 days before the second interview I received a call to reschedule for a couple more day later, then another call to reschedule the time. 4 days before the second interview they called to let me know they had filled all the positions. DISAPPOINTING

Financial Foundations Associate - Auto Insurance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online for two positions available at the Phoenix, Arizona location. Received email to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview lasted about 20 minutes. Received email within half-hour of completing phone interview requesting second interview at Phoenix campus. Face-to-face interview was with two human resource folks and someone on the phone via conference call. Standard questions - situational, describe a time . . . Lasted approximately 40 minutes. Waiting to hear back.

Customer Service Representative-Auto Insurance Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at USAA (Tampa, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

Once I applied it took about 2 wks before I received assessment, I took assessment passed was called for a phone interview notified right then I had made it to the next round for another phone interview with a hiring manager. In the mean time I was sent an email to take drug test and complete background check. Once I received a call from hiring manager there was actually two of them on the line where they asked a series of questions. Informed me I will be getting a call in 1-3 days.

Interview Questions

• What is your goal in 5 yrs?
      Why USAA?
      What was a time when ....?
      What is your knowledge of this role?

Answer Question

Total Loss Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an assessment the following day. After the assessment, I was asked to do a phone interview. The interview went well and I was immediately scheduled for an in person interview. Two weeks later I had the interview on campus with two of the hiring managers. Everything went well and I felt comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when things didn't go as you planned. What did you do?   Answer Question

Financial Foundations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

After doing an online questionnaire I was scheduled for a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 15 minutes. I was told it would take a few days for a manager to review my answers and if I was selected I would do an in person interview. I don't like having to wait to see how I did but this has become the new norm in hiring.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went above and beyond for a disgruntled customer.   Answer Question

Financial Foundations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at USAA.

Interview

Applied online, got an email asking me to take an assessment, then 2 days later got another email with a phone interview day and time. After the phone interview, they set me up with an on-site interview. Offered me the job within a few days

Contractor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Sent in resume, one interview on campus, heard back the same day. During the interview, they asked me a broad question like, "Why USAA?" Be prepared for this question and have a reason why you want the job, why you want to work at USAA, ect. Other questions were to test knowledge for the job.

Interview Questions

• What could be wrong with a model that has too many variables for the number of observations?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at USAA (Plano, TX).

Interview

Campus Interview with 2 USAA HR Reps. Involved puzzle math questions and questions on basic IT/Computer Science Concepts. Then called for another hands on interview next week with USAA team in Plano. Interview involved group presentations and troubleshooting, Sudoku problem solving, charting timelines for projects, all with working with other candidates. Next phase was individual interview with 1-2 USAA engineers. Very similar to campus interview with more question but a bit more indepth overall. 2 week waiting time until final decision. All in all very positive experience.

Total Loss Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online around January 21st, a few days later I received an email to take the assessment test which consist of a personality test and typing test. I passed the test and was set up for a phone screen February 11th, she described the job duties and asked a few customer service oriented questions. I passed and was set up for a face to face for March 3rd. They sent info for background search and drug testing. I completed that. I interviewed with two managers interview went well, I asked good questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when something didn't go as planned and what was the end result?   Answer Question