USAA Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.8

Claims Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at USAA.

Interview

Two phone interviews followed by background check. Everything was great up until the background check run by a third party company. I submitted all documentation required only to be told half of it wasn't accepted. When I called up the rep/agent in charge of the background check she asked me a couple questions and said everything was good and to ignore the email. The next morning I get another email saying there is a request for more information which the rep/agent didn't say anything about. I send in the info and after a couple days I get another email saying the new documents are not accepted. I call the rep/agent up again asking what's going on. As a veteran myself I have a secret security clearance and if there was really something wrong there is no way I would have that. Again the rep/agent asks a couple questions and says everything is good. At this point it should come as no surprise that one week goes by and I get an email saying my documents are not accepted so I call up the recruiter to find out what's going on. The USAA recruiter tells me all of my documents are accepted and when would I like to set up an in person interview. I turned the position/interview down at this point and explained that if USAA does business with outside companies like the one I just had the misfortune of interacting with, I could not see myself with USAA. Interviewees beware, you will have to hire yourself into this company after wading through a huge headache and there's plenty of other companies out there looking for good employees. USAA: stop farming out HR functions to outside companies that are tarnishing your image and costing you money. Also get some better recruiters on board that don't make your applicants do their work for them.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

I initially met a recruiter on campus who scheduled an on-campus interview for a few days later. I interviewed with one manager who asked me some questions about my classes and coursework, and my personality. No technical questions, just asked situational questions. I was then invited to a dinner with other prospective interns and a few managers. The next day I interviewed at the actual USAA campus with two managers. They asked me basic questions about myself, why I wanted to work there, what I would do in certain situations.

Interview Questions

• They gave me a math problem where I had to create 3 specific numbers using only certain other numbers.   Answer Question

Financial Foundations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Phone interview which lasted about an hour or so, then got an invite for person interview in the San Antonio campus a couple of days. Got an offer via email two days later after of course you get your drug screening and background check passed. Average difficulty level on the interview, nothing you wouldn't expect for a customer service job. Overall easy process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a difficult customer situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at USAA (Tampa, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied on-line. After three weeks I get an e-mail with the instructions to fill-out an additional application and to take an assessment. Assessment took approximately seventy minutes, with the first section being timed. Two days later I get an email stating I passed the assessment and that they are scheduling a phone interview for the next day. Two minutes into the interview, I was told I wasn't a fit! I was told I was being interviewed for a auto insurance sales position. I didn't apply for this position, as I researched the customer service position for banking. The recruiter stated that the listing is a general listing and since I didn't have anywhere on my resume for sales experience, I wasn't moving forward and to check the website for credit card department. Not what I was expecting. No thank you or goodbye, the recruiter just hung up on me. It was a waste of my time! Why send me emails stating I meet the qualifications, take a test, only to have a two minute interview?

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at USAA (Plano, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. It took 2-3 weeks. First had a phone screening interview for 30 minutes. Basic Java questions were asked, Then a week later was called for face to face interview. The process lasted for 4-5 hours. There were more than 10 interview candidates and were grouped and had to go through various behavioral exercises while the managers and hiring team will observe how you are working in a team and your critical thinking. This was followed by technical hands-on interview. This part involved code review, testing and debugging skills.

Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at USAA (Tampa, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

It took me 2 months to get through the interviews; 1. Applied online 2. 1 week later, online assessment was done and passed. 3. 1 1/2 months later, phone interview from HR asking you on your backgrounds. And then scheduled me with another F2F interview at the USAA campus. 4. Drug test and background check was done at the same time. 5. F2F interview was set within a week after the calls from HR and done. 2 managers in the meeting rooms for F2F interview, 1 will questions, the other type all your answers through the computer screen. It basically situational and background questions. And after all these done, they told me about all the benefits and perks they have with USAA. And also HR will contact me within the next 3 - 5 business days on the outcome. She did not said whether I am selected as based on the conversation we had, it seems like everything is well and she had also mentioned that the HR will contact me with all the salaries and perks again. Once again, they were both friendly and nice to listen to your thoughts and they would want you to give them a scenario than explanation of the questions? I presume they do need to understand whether or not you are actually in these career in your past banking experiences. To add on, you need to know your stuff well as it may not be an easy interview. Am still waiting for their reply. As it has been a long wait. I have not received an offer yet as I am waiting. Cross finger.

Interview Questions

• I understand that you are a creative and imaginative person, may I know how will you used that to solve a problems?   Answer Question
    • Tell me how will you keep track on the current market updates and regulations from the government that affect the loan process?   Answer Question
    • Why do you choose USAA? How to you know about us?   Answer Question
    • Can you give me a scenario on how you dealt with a complex situation? Perhaps when regulation that change yesterday that affect the loan quantum of your process of loan?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at USAA (Colorado Springs, CO).

Interview

I started as an intern and the process was fairly simple and normal questions. They invest a lot into their interns starting by taking everyone out to eat after you make it past the second interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online then was asked to take an assessment. After I passed that I was scheduled for a phone interview with a recruiter. The recruiter then scheduled me or an interview with a hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a scenario when you provided excellent customer service.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at USAA (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

After applying, an email was sent directing me to take a typing and personality assessment. After that, a phone screen/interview was set up. A few days after that I was asked to interview with their hiring managers (on the phone as this was an at home opportunity). All together, the process took about 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time that you had to handle a difficult customer. Tell me a time you had to deliver bad news.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

Process took two months from initial application, phone interview, in-person interview and background check. The entire process was very relaxed with the usual questions of time management and stress management being asked. Be clear and concise with your resume as you will be asked about your previous experience in a call center environment. Also, all answers will be written down so I highly suggest to be succinct with your responses.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a situation when someone was upset with you?   Answer Question