USAA Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015
Updated Mar 25, 2015

2.8

Financial Foundations Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at USAA.

Applied online, got an email asking me to take an assessment, then 2 days later got another email with a phone interview day and time. After the phone interview, they set me up with an on-site interview. Offered me the job within a few days

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at USAA.

Sent in resume, one interview on campus, heard back the same day. During the interview, they asked me a broad question like, "Why USAA?" Be prepared for this question and have a reason why you want the job, why you want to work at USAA, ect. Other questions were to test knowledge for the job.

Interview Questions
    • What could be wrong with a model that has too many variables for the number of observations?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Campus Interview with 2 USAA HR Reps. Involved puzzle math questions and questions on basic IT/Computer Science Concepts. Then called for another hands on interview next week with USAA team in Plano. Interview involved group presentations and troubleshooting, Sudoku problem solving, charting timelines for projects, all with working with other candidates. Next phase was individual interview with 1-2 USAA engineers. Very similar to campus interview with more question but a bit more indepth overall. 2 week waiting time until final decision. All in all very positive experience.

Total Loss Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at USAA in March 2015.

I applied online around January 21st, a few days later I received an email to take the assessment test which consist of a personality test and typing test. I passed the test and was set up for a phone screen February 11th, she described the job duties and asked a few customer service oriented questions. I passed and was set up for a face to face for March 3rd. They sent info for background search and drug testing. I completed that. I interviewed with two managers interview went well, I asked good questions.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when something didn't go as planned and what was the end result?   Answer Question

Mortgage Processor III Interview

I applied online – interviewed at USAA.

As a military officer retiring after almost 30 yrs. I was offered a different position than I had applied for with a salary that was less than 16.50 an hour. Which was an insult to my intelligence. Being gracious I accepted the next interview with caution, only for practice.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about dealing with disgruntled customers?   View Answer

VetFIT Java Developer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at USAA in March 2015.

Step 1: Apply
         Submit an online application with DD-214 included.

Step 2: Logic Test
         I was provided with a link through e-mail to complete an online logic and sequencing test. DO NOT take this lightly. You'll need a pencil, scratch paper, and somewhere quiet. Find somewhere quiet as you'll need to concentrate.

Step 3: Information Session
         If you score above their set cutoff on the online assessment, you will be invited to an on-campus information session. Here, we met VetFIT employees from previous classes, the instructor, and a few program directors. It's an informal session with food served. There were about 150 individuals in attendance, so the logic test thinned the 350+ applicant pool significantly. At the end, we indicated whether or not we wanted to be scheduled for a telephone interview and what time worked best.

Step 4: Telephone Interview
         I received an e-mail with my scheduled interview time and was contacted promptly at the set time. First, I was asked general questions about my résumé to include education and work history. Then, two situational questions, and finally, I was given 10 minutes each for a math problem and an innovation-centered question.

Step 5: On-site Interview
         I was in the first of three 14-person groups. The night prior, we attended a dinner (our conduct was part of the interview) and the next morning was the face to face interview. It was the same sequence as the phone interview. Following interviews, everyone went on a campus tour.

Step 6: Offers
         Formal offers were extended the Monday following on-site interviews.

Step 7: Background check/Drug test

Interview Questions
    • You can't remember your bike combination, but you know these 5 things to be true:

What is the combination of your bike lock?

Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to overcome obstacles to achieve outstanding results.   Answer Question
    • Pioneer new ways in which we can 1)Protect customer identity when they access our products and 2)Protect stored customer data.   Answer Question
    • Given three numbers (2,4,5), use any basic arithmetic (+-×÷) on them to obtain a solution equalling or within one of each of the following (10,14,21) as many ways as possible. You may only use each number once per solution.   Answer Question
    - Salary is non-negotiable.
    - Dress to impress, but a suit will never be necessary
    - Show that you WANT the job and WANT to be part of USAA

Auto Adjuster II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa Palms, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa Palms, FL

I applied online – interviewed at USAA in March 2015.

First was a phone interview based off the popular STAR method. It also included a very detailed description of the position. The interviewer asked three questions based off this method and asked for specific responses. She was also very helpful i answering all the questions I had about the position

Interview Questions
    • A time when I was dealing with a disgruntled customer and resolved an issue.   View Answer

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at USAA in March 2015.

First interview was over the phone. Got a call back for a second interview, which was in the office in San Antonio. It was very informal questions, but still required you to think. I never felt pressured any anything at all. Questions were all relevant and fair to the job.

Financial Foundations Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at USAA.

Very lengthy two phone interviews one was about five minutes long the other was about an hour an a half with two individuals on a conference call. Overall it was a good interview they were both very patient an did not rich me an made sure to explain each question very thoroughly

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you were challenged with a project but over came the difficulties   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation I was offered 34k

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at USAA in February 2015.

Recruiter emailed me and scheduled a 30min technical interview with a developer and IT manager. Time between contact and resume submission was 2-3 weeks. Currently in a holding patterning.
    Company web site is good at showing where you are in the interview process.
    Seemed very professional but laid back when needed.

Interview Questions
    • IT Manager asked:
      Background on myself and reason for new job.

Developer asked: