USAA

Relevance Date Difficulty

Auto Claims Adjuster III Interview

Auto Claims Adjuster III
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at USAA in April 2014.

Interview Details – Mostly situational based questions. Very laid back setting but don't get too comfortable. My interviewer made me feel at ease the entire time but I never forgot that my every word was being analyzed . Also, keep your answers short and sweet. They just want to know the details pertaining to the question. They do not want a long drawn out story.

Interview Question – Everyone makes choices good and bad, tell me about a time that you made a bad choice? What we it, and what did you do in that situation?   Answer Question

Auto Adjuster II Interview

Auto Adjuster II

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at USAA.

Interview Details – Interview for entry was based on how well you answered questions about USAA core values. All answers should be in a behavioral format: situation, behavior, outcome. The company is all about finding the perfect fit. To get promoted have a strong understanding of current position and have complete well thought out answers. management is there to help you prepare for advancement and there are other employees dedicated to interviewing skills and resume updates.

Interview Question – What is loyalty caught me off guard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiating. USAA knows they are the best and it is foolish to decline

Auto Adjuster II Interview

Auto Adjuster II
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at USAA in March 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very professional. I applied online and got work back in a few days. In the interview I was met by two managers of the department who were courteous and kind. Once completed I was asked to take a drug test, then I was given an offer for employment.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   Answer Question

Auto Claims Adjuster III Interview

Auto Claims Adjuster III

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at USAA in April 2014.

Interview Details – I do not actually remember when I applied for the position. I received an email then a call to schedule a phone interview. I did not study the interview questions I was actually on vacation during the interview. The phone interview went very quick and she made me feel relaxed. I was told that she would pass the information on to see if I would be scheduled for an face to face interview, she called the next day. I went to the interview and there were two people one typing and the other asking question. It did not throw me off in any way. The guy was spinning in the chair and texting on his phone, yet remained focused and was offered a position a week later depending on my background. Heard back 2 weeks later that my back ground cleared and accepted the offer. Overall about 4 weeks for the whole process, I would say the background check took the longest.

Interview Question – I do not remember any questions out of the ordinary during the interview, they were more interested in my military background since I held a similar position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didnt negotiate the offer for starting out was good. I accepted and turned down other positions that you would think would offer more.

Claims Representative Interview

Claims Representative

Interviewed at USAA

Interview Details – Received call after 4 months since applying , went through two phone interview , first was with HR then second was with department manager, after that was sent a drug screen kit and background check authorization form. two weeks later received offer. Offer accepted.

Interview Question – There was no difficult question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation needed.

Financial Serices Interview

Financial Serices
Colorado Springs, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at USAA in March 2011.

Interview Details – Went through phone interview with HR which lead to an interview with the Director a week later. I studied with practice interview questions online. I studied the basic ones and many came up. I believe that helped me prepare mentally for the one that didnt come up as well. Received a email with an offer about three weeks later.

Interview Question – I don not recall any tough ones   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Through Email. No negotiating... You accepted or declined.

IT Intern Interview

IT Intern

Interviewed at USAA

Interview Details – The first round interview and second round were all behavioral. The interview process was well organized, and for the second round I stayed at the Omni hotel in San Antonio.

Interview Question – There were none unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Inside Auto Claims Adjuster III Interview

Inside Auto Claims Adjuster III

Interviewed at USAA

Interview Details – Phone interview and then interview with hiring managers. The process took 2 weeks and it was easy to get. You just have to meet their minimum requirements and show that you're excited and have a positive attitude.

Interview Question – They go down a list of questions. it's really structured. just be able to bs your way through questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – starting salary too low

Financial Foundations Associate Interview

Financial Foundations Associate
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at USAA in March 2011.

Interview Details – Fairly quick interview process. I just wish they had been more truthful about what the position entailed. The interviewer asked questions about how to service an angry customer (typical stuff) and laid the very basic function of the job but making sound like the primary focus. Over the course of the next few months, it became very clear to me that I had been duped. The position is a sales position; plain and simple. And the membership does not like it. At all.

Interview Question – I honestly don't remember.   Answer Question

Financial Foundations Specialist Interview

Financial Foundations Specialist
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at USAA in May 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview, followed by phone interview, drug testing, on line assessment, and background check. Final interview with HR mgr and dept mgr at home site. Less than one hour to complete.

Interview Question – Pretending to be a travel agent and overcoming objections that have nothing to do with insurance.   Answer Question