USAA Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015

2.8

IT Programmer/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

The Interview process consisted of a phone interview and 2:1 interview. The phone interview asked basic familiarization questions, math problem, and critical thinking IT related scenario. The face to face consisted of two USAA employees that was fairly similar to the phone interview.

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

First interview was over the phone. Got a call back for a second interview, which was in the office in San Antonio. It was very informal questions, but still required you to think. I never felt pressured any anything at all. Questions were all relevant and fair to the job.

Auto Claims Adjuster III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

Did online assessment which involved typing and personality questions. Had phone interview within 4 days and face to face 3 days later. The background screen was ridiculous. I have over 20 years of job history and they kept asking for more documentation. I feel like if I had less experience it would have been easier to get hired.

Auto Adjuster II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa Palms, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at USAA (Tampa Palms, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

First was a phone interview based off the popular STAR method. It also included a very detailed description of the position. The interviewer asked three questions based off this method and asked for specific responses. She was also very helpful i answering all the questions I had about the position

Interview Questions

• A time when I was dealing with a disgruntled customer and resolved an issue.   1 Answer

Financial Foundations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a USAA recruiter based on an application from several months ago. I had to fill out an application, and then take an assessment. The assessment covered allot of ground and included some simulations of computer systems similar to the ones USAA uses. I was then notified that I would have a phone interview. Phone interview was pretty straight forward. Once past the phone interview, they started the background investigation and drug test and scheduled the on-campus interview. This process took about a month and then the form letter came 4 days later "we regret to inform you..." This is a very stressful and drawn out process.

Interview Questions

• Role play to sell a travel package to a client.   1 Answer

Financial Foundations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at USAA.

Interview

Very lengthy two phone interviews one was about five minutes long the other was about an hour an a half with two individuals on a conference call. Overall it was a good interview they were both very patient an did not rich me an made sure to explain each question very thoroughly

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were challenged with a project but over came the difficulties   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation I was offered 34k

Banking Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process took a few weeks. I applied online and i received an email for an phone interview. The guy that interviewed me already had it set in his mind that he was going to reject me before giving me a chance. Although I have previously worked there and my rehire status was eligible, I was still denied! USAA is a great place to work and hard to get in but its going to be ten times harder to get back in!

Auto Claims Adjuster III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at USAA in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online through USAA's website. 2 weeks later I got an e-mail for the assessment & personality questionnaire. The assessment was basically a typing test, strictly to test WPM. The personality test was fairly standard.

A few days later I was scheduled for a phone interview. There was no option to select the interview time, so if you have to reschedule you need to contact them. Phone interviewer was very friendly and asked me some standard interview questions, and told me more about USAA, the job requirements and the initial salary. The salary is non-negotiable.

After the phone interview I was scheduled for an in-person interview with two hiring managers. One of them was asking most of the questions while the other transcribed, although the transcriber also ask a question or two. They were very friendly and personable.

The interview questions were fairly standard though I was not prepared for one of them. They give you plenty of time to answer so think carefully before answering the questions. The more you know about the job beforehand, the better. They really seemed to appreciate the fact that I had researched the job beforehand. It's also important to listen and ask questions of your own. They appreciated that as well.

After the interview I was prompted to take a drug test and initiate a background screening. The background screening may be tedious; you may be asked to provide W2s from previous employers, as well as military documents. USAA may also ask for documentation as well, after HireRight's background screening has been completed.

After all this was done my recruiter contacted me letting me know that the initial class I had applied for had been filled, but I could start in the following class a few weeks later. Shortly after, I was extended an offer via phone and email and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you decided to make a change at work or school that didn't go as planned.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at USAA (Tampa, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Hiring process took 4 weeks. Went through two interviews with a group of hiring managers. One phone & the other in person. They were looking for individuals that fit with their culture.

IT Internshp Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at USAA (El Paso, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Process took 2 months,it was through a career fair at my university- i leave my resume to the recruiters
    The interview was ok, most questions about problems in teams(behavior ), what i did to solve them.

Interview Questions

• you forget a combination to a look, 5 numbers.hints
      -the third and fifth number are equal to 14
      -the first numbers is one less than the second number
      -the fourth number is the second number times 2
      - and the sum of the numbers is equal to 30

Answer Question
    • make a diagram, peer diagram of a traffic application

-you need to mention platforms(mobile, websites )
      they really want details

Answer Question
    • create a secure way of authenticated users. example online banking.

They want something new, or something creative.