USAA Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.8

FIN Foundations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online – interviewed at USAA (Colorado Springs, CO) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very relaxed. I was interviewed by two employee. They were very friendly and made me feel comfortable. In the interview they explained the responsibilities of the position and then asked a couple of questions about your previous experience. Also, a few personality questions were asked and after you have time to ask questions. Make sure you aske a couple of questions about the company.

Interview Questions

• What experience has you acquired by your previous job that qualify you for this position?   1 Answer

Auto Claims Adjuster III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at USAA in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online through USAA's website. 2 weeks later I got an e-mail for the assessment & personality questionnaire. The assessment was basically a typing test, strictly to test WPM. The personality test was fairly standard.

A few days later I was scheduled for a phone interview. There was no option to select the interview time, so if you have to reschedule you need to contact them. Phone interviewer was very friendly and asked me some standard interview questions, and told me more about USAA, the job requirements and the initial salary. The salary is non-negotiable.

After the phone interview I was scheduled for an in-person interview with two hiring managers. One of them was asking most of the questions while the other transcribed, although the transcriber also ask a question or two. They were very friendly and personable.

The interview questions were fairly standard though I was not prepared for one of them. They give you plenty of time to answer so think carefully before answering the questions. The more you know about the job beforehand, the better. They really seemed to appreciate the fact that I had researched the job beforehand. It's also important to listen and ask questions of your own. They appreciated that as well.

After the interview I was prompted to take a drug test and initiate a background screening. The background screening may be tedious; you may be asked to provide W2s from previous employers, as well as military documents. USAA may also ask for documentation as well, after HireRight's background screening has been completed.

After all this was done my recruiter contacted me letting me know that the initial class I had applied for had been filled, but I could start in the following class a few weeks later. Shortly after, I was extended an offer via phone and email and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you decided to make a change at work or school that didn't go as planned.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at USAA (Tampa, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Hiring process took 4 weeks. Went through two interviews with a group of hiring managers. One phone & the other in person. They were looking for individuals that fit with their culture.

IT Internshp Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at USAA (El Paso, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Process took 2 months,it was through a career fair at my university- i leave my resume to the recruiters
    The interview was ok, most questions about problems in teams(behavior ), what i did to solve them.

Interview Questions

• you forget a combination to a look, 5 numbers.hints
      -the third and fifth number are equal to 14
      -the first numbers is one less than the second number
      -the fourth number is the second number times 2
      - and the sum of the numbers is equal to 30

Answer Question
    • make a diagram, peer diagram of a traffic application

-you need to mention platforms(mobile, websites )
      they really want details

Answer Question
    • create a secure way of authenticated users. example online banking.

They want something new, or something creative.

Banking Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process took a few weeks. I applied online and i received an email for an phone interview. The guy that interviewed me already had it set in his mind that he was going to reject me before giving me a chance. Although I have previously worked there and my rehire status was eligible, I was still denied! USAA is a great place to work and hard to get in but its going to be ten times harder to get back in!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at USAA.

Interview

The Interview process with USAA is by far the best I've ever experienced. I was referred by an employee and was contacted within a week to start my assessments. The assessment all together took about a hour to complete. Once the assessments were complete I was contacted by a recruiter who was amazing! He really took the time out to get to know me and answered all my questions. The interview questions mainly consisted of; "explain a situation where you encountered a difficult patient, and how did you turn it around?" and "explain a situation where you had to sell a product."
    After my phone interview I was given a date for my final interview and instructions on how to complete my background check.

Interview Questions

• I don't think any of the questions were difficult in my honest opinion.   Answer Question

SDI Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at USAA.

Interview

Staffing personell will call you for a quick interview and overview of the position. Depending on the group, you will have a panel interview which includes personal and technical questions.

Life and Health Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at USAA.

Interview

Took 1 week after applying online too take 1 hour long phone conversation interview with recruiter.
    Met for formal face to face interview with two managers for an hour discussing experiences that apply. Did role play selling cell phone, try to close it! Member centric and its a sales job so showcase dialogue techniques to selling appropriately.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Financial Solutions Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at USAA.

Interview

Interview Question types:

Behavioral
    Situational: tell me a time when...
    It is the STARS Model of interview questions.

You are also given a scenario on a mock family and asked the following:
    What 5 questions would you ask
    - you are then given additional information and asked:
    What are 3 recommendations you would provide.

Sell me this pen.

You get to speak with a representative in your role; however, they are trained on responses. The old expression in the industry, make them drink the koolaid.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions where you have to provide specific examples   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Initial phone interview from HR, then she called back and set-up a second phone Interview with hiring manager, then I received email and set-up on-site interview with HR and two managers.

Interview Questions

• Would you be able to stay within the "swim lanes" and focus on one piece of campaign management?   Answer Question