USAA

Relevance Date Difficulty

Auto Claims Adjuster III Interview

Auto Claims Adjuster III
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at USAA in April 2014.

Interview Details – Mostly situational based questions. Very laid back setting but don't get too comfortable. My interviewer made me feel at ease the entire time but I never forgot that my every word was being analyzed . Also, keep your answers short and sweet. They just want to know the details pertaining to the question. They do not want a long drawn out story.

Interview Question – Everyone makes choices good and bad, tell me about a time that you made a bad choice? What we it, and what did you do in that situation?   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Claims Representative

Interviewed at USAA

Interview Details – Received call after 4 months since applying , went through two phone interview , first was with HR then second was with department manager, after that was sent a drug screen kit and background check authorization form. two weeks later received offer. Offer accepted.

Interview Question – There was no difficult question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation needed.

Financial Serices Interview

Financial Serices
Colorado Springs, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at USAA in March 2011.

Interview Details – Went through phone interview with HR which lead to an interview with the Director a week later. I studied with practice interview questions online. I studied the basic ones and many came up. I believe that helped me prepare mentally for the one that didnt come up as well. Received a email with an offer about three weeks later.

Interview Question – I don not recall any tough ones   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Through Email. No negotiating... You accepted or declined.

IT Intern Interview

IT Intern

Interviewed at USAA

Interview Details – The first round interview and second round were all behavioral. The interview process was well organized, and for the second round I stayed at the Omni hotel in San Antonio.

Interview Question – There were none unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Inside Auto Claims Adjuster III Interview

Inside Auto Claims Adjuster III

Interviewed at USAA

Interview Details – Phone interview and then interview with hiring managers. The process took 2 weeks and it was easy to get. You just have to meet their minimum requirements and show that you're excited and have a positive attitude.

Interview Question – They go down a list of questions. it's really structured. just be able to bs your way through questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – starting salary too low

Financial Foundations Associate Interview

Financial Foundations Associate
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at USAA in March 2011.

Interview Details – Fairly quick interview process. I just wish they had been more truthful about what the position entailed. The interviewer asked questions about how to service an angry customer (typical stuff) and laid the very basic function of the job but making sound like the primary focus. Over the course of the next few months, it became very clear to me that I had been duped. The position is a sales position; plain and simple. And the membership does not like it. At all.

Interview Question – I honestly don't remember.   Answer Question

Financial Foundations Specialist Interview

Financial Foundations Specialist
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at USAA in May 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview, followed by phone interview, drug testing, on line assessment, and background check. Final interview with HR mgr and dept mgr at home site. Less than one hour to complete.

Interview Question – Pretending to be a travel agent and overcoming objections that have nothing to do with insurance.   Answer Question

Quantitative Risk Analyst Interview

Quantitative Risk Analyst
San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at USAA in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online. About a week and a half later, I was contacted by a recruiter about the position. I had to take an online analyst assessment, which took about 45 minutes. It wasn't too bad. Following the assessment, I was set up with a phone interview, which was rather informal. The following Friday, I was brought out for an on-site interview. This consisted of 5 separate interviews with different team members. The next Monday, the recruiter contacted me with a job offer and I accepted.

Interview Question – I was asked about how to develop a forecasting model given a a set of economic factors and limited years of available data.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I am coming straight out of a PhD program, so there was little room for negotiation. Their offer was in line with other offers I'd received for similar positions.

Very Easy Interview

Property Adjuster Interview

Property Adjuster
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at USAA in November 2010.

Interview Details – They begin with a phone interview, then a 30 minute in person interview. The in person is in front of 2 people with 1 typing every word you say. Then they do an intensive background check including a drug test.

Interview Question – This was a very easy interview. USAA is not the home of intelligence.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They tell you during the phone interview what they are willing to pay. It was a take it or leave it situation. No room for quick advancement for woman once hired.

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor
San Antonio, TX

I applied online - interviewed at USAA in December 2013.

Interview Details – Apply on line. If they are interested they will send you an email to take a basic skills test. If I remember leaning toward some financial questions. Second I got a call to set up a telephone interview. The phone interview wasn't to difficult, I think it was more of a screening process. Then came drug testing and background check. The group panel was a little weird, because one of them is typing while you are answering a interview question. It can disrupt your train of thought if you are not focused.

Interview Question – How did you handle something difficult you encountered in your previous job   Answer Question