USAA Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2015

2.8

Financial Foundation Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at USAA.

Interview

got a phone call just talking about benefits, and training. then i was told I will be contacted soon by hiring managers. the interview was fast. they both were nice and friendly

Interview Questions

• I was nervous, it wasn't hard just behavior questions and past experience. Hiring managers were nice and friendly   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Property Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at USAA in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online and had a recruiter contact me to complete assessment online. The next day I received an email that I passed the assessment and they would contact me the next week for a phone interview. Phone interview took 20 minutes- went over position and asked a couple situation scenarios. That went well and was asked to come in for an interview with 2 hiring managers a couple days later. The interview took 45 minutes and asked basically the same questions as they did in the phone interview. It seem like it went well but received an email the next day that they were moving on with different candidates. My only guess is because I never served in the military, I looked like an ex boyfriend/husband of one of theirs or the position was filled and they needed to waste some time in the day. I came in prepared with good answers and knowing everything about the position and asked a few good questions too. But it's their choice.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you had to take the lead of a team project.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at USAA in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and shortly thereafter received an email to complete an assessment. After that there was a phone interview with HR that lasted probably 30 minutes. The questions are pretty basic background, education and give me a time when.... This was followed up with a face to face interview with two managers that lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to do the following:
      Sell a cell phone or pen
      A couple is in their 30's what questions would you ask them
      Difference between traditional/roth IRA

Answer Question

Financial Foundations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at USAA (Tampa, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

You have to pass a test, then a recruiter call you, drug test and face to face interview. It was the worst interview of my life. HR lady was very unethical and don't even look at me when I'm talking, it was very disappointing. The Recruiter was awesome and professional however this lady (face to face interviewer) needs to be in another department because she doesn't represent the values of that company. I think she don't even like Hispanic people even with a really good preparation for this position.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online, got a HR phone interview after one month. Then phone interview with hiring manager after one week, then online assessment for analyst, then after two weeks, an on-site interview with 7 department heads and managers. Its been about two weeks since the on-site interview, no information feedback yet. This is why I am marking "NO" in the "Did you get an offer?" question below. Doesn't bother me since I received two other job offers in a week.

The process is extremely slow. USAA needs to realize that in this job market, if they do not make a quick decision, they will lose good candidates.

Also, they need to be more organized with respect to timings of the interview. First, I was sent a wrong interview itinerary with the wrong candidate listed on the header (so I basically found who one of the other job applicant was!). After alerting them, they redid the itinerary for me.

Also, although a lunch interview was scheduled into my schedule, but basically the hiring manager was so disorganized or rather downright rude and offensive, that I was never taken to lunch! My interview went from 10 AM to 2:30 PM.

I had seven 1-1 interviews each lasting 30 minutes or more. Most of the managers were friendly and courteous, but there were some blowhards with an arrogant attitude.

Interview Questions

• Mostly those behavioral - Give me an example questions that HR gives the managers and they sit and keep typing away the answers we give them. This is the most annoying and ineffective way to interview candidates and very impersonal   Answer Question

Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

I was asked a number of questions and was able to answer each question. The interviewer was very considerate and understanding of the situation I don't have anything else to say about the interview.

Interview Questions

• What would make me a great employee there?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at USAA.

Interview

well they took a long time to get back to me, and first it was a phone interview which was very casual. after the interview was over it went well so they asked for me to come in. In the actual interview i was first taken on a tour of the campus and then sat down in a small office off to the side. it was very official. they asked some broad questions like, "name a time where you have marketed something?" which thinking about it was really hard because there's a lot. all it all it was fine.

Interview Questions

• explain a time you had to take lead in a team to get something done?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at USAA.

Interview

Applied through on-campus recruiting website. Was contacted for a first-round interview. Had dinner the with the employers the night before. First interview was behavioral/fit - mainly asking about you and why USAA. Was contacted within two weeks for a second round interview at their headquarters in San Antonio. The second round took most of the day, and consisted of a 30 minute one-on-on interview, a online skills assignment, and a group case study/presentation, as well as a tour of the office.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the challenges facing the financial services industry?   Answer Question

Specialized Member Services Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at USAA.

Interview

Online, online assessment, phone interview, on campus interview with HR and Department Head. There was also a computer simulation with handling a service call, making the correct choices and navigating the customer service computer program.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult customer relations situation that you turned around.   Answer Question
    • When providing service, how do you identify and present other sales opportunities? Give a specific example.

Then they introduced a role playing situation, where you worked at a cell hone store and asked, "How would use a cell phone service situation to turn it into an upgrade or sales opportunity?"

Answer Question

Negotiation

Rigid

Channel Manager III Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at USAA.

Interview

My interview process was different because I had an internship before I got full time job. The internship interview was on the Skype and it was behavioral based. The second interview was based on my internship.