USAA

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Member Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at USAA.

Interview Details – Applied for a few positions. I finally had an email to take an assessment. About a week later I had a phone interview, then was scheduled the next day for a manager interview. I thought it went well considering they sent me on a drug test. Called today to give the recruiter some information (more than a week after interview) and was told I was not being hired. Glad they never bothered to tell me. I guess talk a lot they apparently want you to ramble on or you are to quite in their opinion. Its called being professional not quite.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time you had to have people work together   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

San Antonio, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at USAA in March 2009.

Interview Details – I was hired as a temp through a staffing agency for the summer of 2005 and after the summer was complete i was selected to become a permanent employee.

Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at USAA in November 2009.

Interview Details – It took about 4 months to finally start work from start of interview process which seems long. There is an initial phone interview, then came in for another short interview and some basic computer keying test, final face to face interview. Received a call with job offer a couple months later and then was instructed what to do next with drug testing, finger printing, paperwork to provide for HR.

Interview Question – What is the most difficult situation you've had with a dissatisfied customer and how did you solve the problem?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is a set base pay offered and that is the offer. No further negotiation of pay.

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at USAA in October 2009.

Interview Details – Initial contact was by phone followed up by a test and in-person interview. I was job offered a short time later.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions at the time. "Give us an example of how you resolved a customer issue"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not negotiatioin at the time since it was an entry level position.

Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online - interviewed at USAA in January 2008.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR, met with HR Manager for about an hour interview. Then numerous tests on personality, spelling and grammar, timed typing, etc in a room with about 35 others testing. Once hired, an 8 week training probation period where you were let go if late or missed any of it regardless of the reason.

Interview Question – They were mostly concerned how you'd deal with sitting all day.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating whatsoever was entertained.

San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at USAA in February 2008.

Interview Details – I did the entire process in one day. First I took a mock customer contact phone rep test with a headset. Afterwards I was sent back to the lobby and was called on after my results cleared through their expectations. Than I was interviewed with 2 managers. The next day I was called and made an offer.

Interview Questions

Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at USAA in January 2011.

Interview Details – The first step was a phone interview which went over my resume. Next, I met with a manager one on one. The questions were standard and there were many disclaimers about adhering to the script. Last, I received a phone call and underwent a background check.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to handle a customer complaint and how you went about it.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Even with assistance, I could not afford the onsite daycare.

San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at USAA in March 2008.

Interview Details – Phone Interview, then came onsite for IQ/Skills Test, then met with Hiring Manager
Situational based interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Little negotiation in regards to salary.

San Antonio, TX

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at USAA in March 2010.

Interview Details – Applied and then received email that phone interview would take place. 15 min phone interview. Then had to pass a Skills/Personality test. Then passed drug test and went on to face to face interview. That went well and then was offered position.

Interview Question – Greatest Strength   Answer Question

Worked for USAA? Contribute to the Community!