USAA Mortgage Origination Specialist Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Mortgage Origination Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at USAA in August 2014.

I applied for a claims position but was not selected. A few days later received an email from recruiter from Usaa that my skills (2 yrs previous mortgage) matched the position and to Apply if interested. I applied the same day and emailed her. She responded immediately the same day to set up a phone screening. I scheduled for the next week. The gentleman I spoke to asked lots of questions about work history and situational questions. At the end I was invited in for face to face interview that was scheduled 3 weeks away. There was so much to do. Had to take drug test, background check, credit check, And had to get fingerprinted at my local police station and mail off the package. I've never had to do so much just for an interview before but I do understand the necessity considering the position. Interviewed with two very nice women. One asked questions all past experience based while the other typed. In the end I was given thorough description of position hours and company benefits. She told me my information will be scored and sent to the guy who did my phone screening and I will be contacted in 2 days with an answer. Fingers crossed. ..

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a Time you dealt with an upset client.   View Answer
  • What do you know about the company?   View Answer
  • Why are you the best person for this position.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for USAA

Mortgage Origination Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at USAA in April 2013.

I applied on their online site, got an email from one of them telling me to apply for another job, so I did and got an online assessment which was basically a simulation of their working environment. That took me about two hours to complete. After a few days I got a phone interview which seemed to go well but then I was emailed saying they had gone another way with someone who had match the job qualifications better.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly just behavior and basic information about the job   Answer Question

Worked for USAA? Contribute to the Community!