USAA

Updated Nov 11, 2014

32 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Auto Claims Adjuster III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at USAA.

I submitted my resume October 1st, and the next week I had a typing test and personality test. I then had a phone interview, a few days later I was called back to schedule an in person interview. My in person interview was Tuesday and one week later I was called back with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell me about a time when you had to deliver bad news to a customer?   Answer Question
    There is no negotiating. They give you an offer and you either accept or decline. They do discuss you benefits and compensation.

Financial Foundations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at USAA in August 2014.

I applied online and it took 2-3 weeks to hear anything back. They emailed me an assessment which was basically a personality test and a few call center simulations. About a week later I got an email to schedule a phone interview.

The phone interview was about 15 minutes long and just a few very basic interview questions. It was a little bit awkward because the interviewer was typing the whole time I spoke, but she was very friendly and easy to talk to. At the end of the phone call, she gave me the option of doing the second and final interview on the campus or over the phone (since I don't live in the area), and she stressed that it made absolutely no difference to her. I thought that was kind of weird, but I decided to just go to the campus and do the interview in person. We scheduled the interview for the following week.

The in-person interview was also quite easy. The interviewer was super nice and made me feel comfortable, so that was probably why. They have a hallway of tiny rooms with thin walls and tiny desks that I assume they use specifically for interviewing, because there was a woman with the same interview time as me and they took us each into separate tiny rooms next to each other. Unlike others, I didn't have two people in the room when I interviewed but there was someone on speaker phone (she was from another USAA office in another state) who was basically silent the entire time except when she introduced herself at the very beginning and then when she thanked me at the end. The main interviewer (the one who was physically in the room with me) just asked a series of standard interview questions, some of them were even the same as the phone interview. She asked for a paper copy of my resume and skimmed over it. I had a list of references ready, but she never asked for them. She told me I'd hear from the recruiter I was working around the beginning of the following week.

On Monday or Tuesday of the following week, I got an email congratulating me on the interview and letting me know that they were just waiting on a few more things from my background check.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you went out of your way for a customer and what happened.   Answer Question

The pay is non-negotiable-- $36K/year. They told me I'd be working evenings and weekends for a while because they give shifts based on seniority. One of the questions I asked in the interview was about retention and the interviewer basically told me it's very low (she even admitted it's lower than other call centers in the area) because many people have issues with attendance. This was a huge red flag to me that people don't like working there and don't feel valued enough to even show up.

Mortgage Origination Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at USAA in August 2014.

I applied for a claims position but was not selected. A few days later received an email from recruiter from Usaa that my skills (2 yrs previous mortgage) matched the position and to Apply if interested. I applied the same day and emailed her. She responded immediately the same day to set up a phone screening. I scheduled for the next week. The gentleman I spoke to asked lots of questions about work history and situational questions. At the end I was invited in for face to face interview that was scheduled 3 weeks away. There was so much to do. Had to take drug test, background check, credit check, And had to get fingerprinted at my local police station and mail off the package. I've never had to do so much just for an interview before but I do understand the necessity considering the position. Interviewed with two very nice women. One asked questions all past experience based while the other typed. In the end I was given thorough description of position hours and company benefits. She told me my information will be scored and sent to the guy who did my phone screening and I will be contacted in 2 days with an answer. Fingers crossed. ..

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a Time you dealt with an upset client.   View Answer
    • What do you know about the company?   View Answer
    • Why are you the best person for this position.   View Answer

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at USAA in July 2014.

Applied online, process didn't take very long. About a week later I got an email to set up a phone interview the following week. I did the phone interview and everything seem to go great. It took two days to receive an email saying I was NOT selected to move forward with the interview and all the other three different positions I had applied for were also changed to NOT selected.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to make a difficult notification.   Answer Question

Financial Foundations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online – interviewed at USAA.

Hiring process was pretty straight forward. Initial interview with recruiter followed by an interview at the facility with two managers. Whole process took about a month. One manager asked questions while the or he took notes.

Interview Questions

The salary was lower than I was looking for and I felt like the opportunity for time off down the road was slim. I just wanted to know that in case of an emergency with my kids I would be supported. When I questioned that with the recruiter I never heard back.

Financial Foundations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at USAA in May 2014.

The company is choosy about whom it hires. That is great. They only want the best of the best working there, and I am all for that considering that they serve the best customer base our country has to offer.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you looking to leave your current job? This question was difficult because I did not really want to get into any issues I have with my current employer.   View Answer

Financial Foundations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at USAA in May 2014.

Phone interview, followed by phone interview, drug testing, on line assessment, and background check. Final interview with HR mgr and dept mgr at home site. Less than one hour to complete.

Interview Questions
    • Pretending to be a travel agent and overcoming objections that have nothing to do with insurance.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at USAA in December 2013.

1-Got called did a phone screening
    2-Met with USAA supervisors and interviewed
    3-Got called for second interview
    4-Went to have dinner with other USAA managers
    5-Went to final interview

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of a time that you had to deliver bad news   View Answer

Bank Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at USAA in October 2013.

Initial interview- phone; describe your current duties, explain why would you like to work for USAA.
    Take Online Test for comprehension and basic logic and sequencing test.
    Secondary in Person Interview - describe your work experience and relationship building skills
    Background Investigation-extensive, submit W-2 from previous employer, list schools, contact info to verify past employment

Interview Questions
    • None, just be yourself. Explain how you overcame a difficult situation with a customer or internal customer. Be specific, detailed and explain the results.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I submitted my information (resume) online. Got a an email invite to submit a full, online application. Thereafter I was scheduled for a brief phone screen with the USAA recruiter. After passing the phone screen, I was scheduled for a face-to-face meeting with the hiring managers (2 of them).