USAA Interview Questions in San Antonio, TX

Updated Apr 15, 2015
Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.8

Total Loss Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an assessment the following day. After the assessment, I was asked to do a phone interview. The interview went well and I was immediately scheduled for an in person interview. Two weeks later I had the interview on campus with two of the hiring managers. Everything went well and I felt comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when things didn't go as you planned. What did you do?   Answer Question

Financial Foundations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

After doing an online questionnaire I was scheduled for a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 15 minutes. I was told it would take a few days for a manager to review my answers and if I was selected I would do an in person interview. I don't like having to wait to see how I did but this has become the new norm in hiring.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went above and beyond for a disgruntled customer.   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Sent in resume, one interview on campus, heard back the same day. During the interview, they asked me a broad question like, "Why USAA?" Be prepared for this question and have a reason why you want the job, why you want to work at USAA, ect. Other questions were to test knowledge for the job.

Interview Questions

• What could be wrong with a model that has too many variables for the number of observations?   Answer Question

Total Loss Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online around January 21st, a few days later I received an email to take the assessment test which consist of a personality test and typing test. I passed the test and was set up for a phone screen February 11th, she described the job duties and asked a few customer service oriented questions. I passed and was set up for a face to face for March 3rd. They sent info for background search and drug testing. I completed that. I interviewed with two managers interview went well, I asked good questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when something didn't go as planned and what was the end result?   Answer Question

VetFIT Java Developer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Step 1: Apply
         Submit an online application with DD-214 included.

Step 2: Logic Test
         I was provided with a link through e-mail to complete an online logic and sequencing test. DO NOT take this lightly. You'll need a pencil, scratch paper, and somewhere quiet. Find somewhere quiet as you'll need to concentrate.

Step 3: Information Session
         If you score above their set cutoff on the online assessment, you will be invited to an on-campus information session. Here, we met VetFIT employees from previous classes, the instructor, and a few program directors. It's an informal session with food served. There were about 150 individuals in attendance, so the logic test thinned the 350+ applicant pool significantly. At the end, we indicated whether or not we wanted to be scheduled for a telephone interview and what time worked best.

Step 4: Telephone Interview
         I received an e-mail with my scheduled interview time and was contacted promptly at the set time. First, I was asked general questions about my résumé to include education and work history. Then, two situational questions, and finally, I was given 10 minutes each for a math problem and an innovation-centered question.

Step 5: On-site Interview
         I was in the first of three 14-person groups. The night prior, we attended a dinner (our conduct was part of the interview) and the next morning was the face to face interview. It was the same sequence as the phone interview. Following interviews, everyone went on a campus tour.

Step 6: Offers
         Formal offers were extended the Monday following on-site interviews.

Step 7: Background check/Drug test

Interview Questions

• You can't remember your bike combination, but you know these 5 things to be true:

What is the combination of your bike lock?

Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to overcome obstacles to achieve outstanding results.   Answer Question
    • Pioneer new ways in which we can 1)Protect customer identity when they access our products and 2)Protect stored customer data.   Answer Question
    • Given three numbers (2,4,5), use any basic arithmetic (+-×÷) on them to obtain a solution equalling or within one of each of the following (10,14,21) as many ways as possible. You may only use each number once per solution.   Answer Question

Negotiation

- Salary is non-negotiable.
    - Dress to impress, but a suit will never be necessary
    - Show that you WANT the job and WANT to be part of USAA

Social Media Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

First interview was over the phone. Got a call back for a second interview, which was in the office in San Antonio. It was very informal questions, but still required you to think. I never felt pressured any anything at all. Questions were all relevant and fair to the job.

IT Programmer/Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

The Interview process consisted of a phone interview and 2:1 interview. The phone interview asked basic familiarization questions, math problem, and critical thinking IT related scenario. The face to face consisted of two USAA employees that was fairly similar to the phone interview.

Banking Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process took a few weeks. I applied online and i received an email for an phone interview. The guy that interviewed me already had it set in his mind that he was going to reject me before giving me a chance. Although I have previously worked there and my rehire status was eligible, I was still denied! USAA is a great place to work and hard to get in but its going to be ten times harder to get back in!

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Initial phone interview from HR, then she called back and set-up a second phone Interview with hiring manager, then I received email and set-up on-site interview with HR and two managers.

Interview Questions

• Would you be able to stay within the "swim lanes" and focus on one piece of campaign management?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online, got a HR phone interview after one month. Then phone interview with hiring manager after one week, then online assessment for analyst, then after two weeks, an on-site interview with 7 department heads and managers. Its been about two weeks since the on-site interview, no information feedback yet. This is why I am marking "NO" in the "Did you get an offer?" question below. Doesn't bother me since I received two other job offers in a week.

The process is extremely slow. USAA needs to realize that in this job market, if they do not make a quick decision, they will lose good candidates.

Also, they need to be more organized with respect to timings of the interview. First, I was sent a wrong interview itinerary with the wrong candidate listed on the header (so I basically found who one of the other job applicant was!). After alerting them, they redid the itinerary for me.

Also, although a lunch interview was scheduled into my schedule, but basically the hiring manager was so disorganized or rather downright rude and offensive, that I was never taken to lunch! My interview went from 10 AM to 2:30 PM.

I had seven 1-1 interviews each lasting 30 minutes or more. Most of the managers were friendly and courteous, but there were some blowhards with an arrogant attitude.

Interview Questions

• Mostly those behavioral - Give me an example questions that HR gives the managers and they sit and keep typing away the answers we give them. This is the most annoying and ineffective way to interview candidates and very impersonal   Answer Question