USAA Software Developer III Interview Questions & Reviews

4 interviews

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Plano, TX
Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at USAA in March 2014.

The process took about 2 and a half weeks. Met them at the career fair and was invited to dinner at a fancy restaurant. Had an on campus interview the next day which took about an hour. About half of the interview was behavioral questions and the other half were design questions.

I got invited out for a final interview at USAA in Plano. It lasted around 5 hours plus lunch. They went over benefits packages and the company vision, etc. Another 1 hour interview same as the first one. Felt good about the interview and they made me feel like I was getting a job. Got a rejection email 3 to 4 days later.

Interview Questions
  • What is an innovation you can produce for USAA's customer service program?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for USAA

Software Developer III Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at USAA.

When I first went the had the initial interview with a large group of candidates at Pappasitos. The kind of interview that you aren't suppose to know is an interview but that's obviously a behavioral one. Then I meet with two managers for the second part of the interview. Where they ask all the standard what are you skills and what was the most challenging thing you have had to deal with. But to be honest I probably asked them more questions than they asked me.

Interview Questions
    • There honestly weren't any difficult questions. but that's changed. I would be prepared to answer a few coding questions these days.   Answer Question
    there was none. They offered me more than Toyota did at the time and I was happy.

Software Developer III Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at USAA in April 2010.

You get a phone interview, dinner interview, and x on 1 interview. They set you up with air fare, one night stay at a hotel, and a shuttle to and from the hotel. It's a shuttle bus not a limo. The dinner interview is you sitting down with your competition and some USAA reps. Next day you meet up with everyone around 6am and the shuttle takes you to USAA. You get the interview done early, around 9am and the rest of the day is you walking around the building. They do give you breakfast and lunch. The day ends around 2pm or 3pm.

Software Developer III Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at USAA in March 2011.

First an online application, then a phone interview, followed by a face to face interview in front of a panel of 2 managers. Questions were easy, mainly behavioral questions, very few (but easy) technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Name a project you've worked on before in a team situation and how it turned out.   Answer Question

Worked for USAA? Contribute to the Community!