USAA

Updated Mar 17, 2014

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Plano, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at USAA in March 2014.

Interview Details – The process took about 2 and a half weeks. Met them at the career fair and was invited to dinner at a fancy restaurant. Had an on campus interview the next day which took about an hour. About half of the interview was behavioral questions and the other half were design questions.

I got invited out for a final interview at USAA in Plano. It lasted around 5 hours plus lunch. They went over benefits packages and the company vision, etc. Another 1 hour interview same as the first one. Felt good about the interview and they made me feel like I was getting a job. Got a rejection email 3 to 4 days later.

Interview Question – What is an innovation you can produce for USAA's customer service program?   Answer Question

Software Developer III

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at USAA.

Interview Details – When I first went the had the initial interview with a large group of candidates at Pappasitos. The kind of interview that you aren't suppose to know is an interview but that's obviously a behavioral one. Then I meet with two managers for the second part of the interview. Where they ask all the standard what are you skills and what was the most challenging thing you have had to deal with. But to be honest I probably asked them more questions than they asked me.

Interview Question – There honestly weren't any difficult questions. but that's changed. I would be prepared to answer a few coding questions these days.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was none. They offered me more than Toyota did at the time and I was happy.

Software Developer III

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at USAA in April 2010.

Interview Details – You get a phone interview, dinner interview, and x on 1 interview. They set you up with air fare, one night stay at a hotel, and a shuttle to and from the hotel. It's a shuttle bus not a limo. The dinner interview is you sitting down with your competition and some USAA reps. Next day you meet up with everyone around 6am and the shuttle takes you to USAA. You get the interview done early, around 9am and the rest of the day is you walking around the building. They do give you breakfast and lunch. The day ends around 2pm or 3pm.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Software Developer III

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at USAA in March 2011.

Interview Details – First an online application, then a phone interview, followed by a face to face interview in front of a panel of 2 managers. Questions were easy, mainly behavioral questions, very few (but easy) technical questions.

Interview Question – Name a project you've worked on before in a team situation and how it turned out.   Answer Question

Worked for USAA? Contribute to the Community!