Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at USAA
- Financial Foundations Associate (20)
- IT Intern (18)
- Intern (17)
- Claims Adjuster (15)
- Financial Foundations Specialist (15)
- Financial Advisor (13)
- IT (12)
- Member Relationship Specialist III (10)
- Member Service Representative (9)
- Auto Adjuster III (8)
- Software Developer & Integrator III (7)
- Claims Representative (7)
- Total Loss Representative (5)
- IT Programmer/Analyst (5)
- Auto Claims Adjuster III (5)
- Financial Advisor III (4)
- Mortgage Processor III (4)
- Financial Analyst (4)
- Software Developer III (4)
- Insurance Agent (3)
- Customer Service (3)
- Software Developer (3)
- Director (3)
- Claims (3)
- Member Relationship Specialist (3)
- Mortgage Origination Specialist (3)
- Financial Foundation Associate (3)
- Customer Service Representative (3)
- Auto Adjuster II (3)
- Specialized Investment Services Representative (2)
Software Engineer Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at USAA in May 2010.
I had a short interview at my school. It was about what you would expect, non-technical but fairly comprehensive. Next they flew me out to San Antonio with some other potential hires, put us in a very nice hotel by the riverfront, and took us to a nice Mexican food restaurant where we were able to talk to some representatives about the job, how they liked it, etc. The next day was a LONG tour, almost seven hours. They showed of their, admittedly impressive, campus, facilities, etc.
During the tour we had a drug test, as well as an in person interview. The interview was also very non-technical. In fact they didn't ask any technical questions throughout the whole interviewing process. Finally we were sent home, though there was a seven hour difference between when we were dropped off and when our plane left.
At this point things went downhill. The recruiter forwarded me some information about some tests they would like me to take. The online tests didn't work. When I tried to email him it took over two weeks to get a reply. Let me correct that, the recruiter NEVER replied, I had to email the travel coordinator to get any information on what was going on.
Then things went silent. I had been told to expect an answer within a week. It took nearly five. The recruiter never answered any emails, which was very frustrating. Finally I told them I was accepting an offer from another company, and only then did he send me a rejection letter. Very unprofessional behavior.
- A train leaves San Antonio for Huston at 60mph. Another train leaves Huston for San Antonio at 80mph. Huston and San Antonio are 300 miles apart.
If a bird leaves San Antonio at 100mph, and turnes around and flies back once it reaches the Huston train, and continues to fly between the two, how far will it have flown when they collide. View Answers (14)