USAA

Relevance Date Difficulty

Auto Claims Adjuster III Interview

Auto Claims Adjuster III
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at USAA in April 2014.

Interview Details – Mostly situational based questions. Very laid back setting but don't get too comfortable. My interviewer made me feel at ease the entire time but I never forgot that my every word was being analyzed . Also, keep your answers short and sweet. They just want to know the details pertaining to the question. They do not want a long drawn out story.

Interview Question – Everyone makes choices good and bad, tell me about a time that you made a bad choice? What we it, and what did you do in that situation?   Answer Question

Auto Adjuster II Interview

Auto Adjuster II
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at USAA in March 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very professional. I applied online and got work back in a few days. In the interview I was met by two managers of the department who were courteous and kind. Once completed I was asked to take a drug test, then I was given an offer for employment.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Property Adjuster Interview

Property Adjuster
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at USAA in November 2010.

Interview Details – They begin with a phone interview, then a 30 minute in person interview. The in person is in front of 2 people with 1 typing every word you say. Then they do an intensive background check including a drug test.

Interview Question – This was a very easy interview. USAA is not the home of intelligence.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They tell you during the phone interview what they are willing to pay. It was a take it or leave it situation. No room for quick advancement for woman once hired.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Financial Foundation Associate Interview

Financial Foundation Associate
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at USAA in March 2014.

Interview Details – After applying online at usaa.com, I was directed to complete two follow-on assessments. After passing the assessments online, I was contacted by a recruiter via phone who asked more sales-related questions about my sales history. After that interview with the recruiter, another phone interview was set up with a hiring manager to conduct another interview.

Interview Question – They mostly just asked sales experience related questions, about experience with up-selling and cross-selling products.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The pay was not enough for me, I was offered 34,000 per year and that was the highest they could offer me.

Claims Manager Interview

Claims Manager
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at USAA in August 2009.

Interview Details – Behavior based interview process. In essence, they are less concerned with work history than actual results achieved during prior employment. Overall, I liked this approach since it doesn't let a resume speak too loudly. Instead, they want to get you to talk about times when you had to collaborate with other, resolve conflicts, etc. and give specific examples of how you performed. For the folks who aren't full of BS, this process helps weed out good candidates.

Interview Question – I can't think of one that appeared to be more difficult to answer than another. Also, nothing came out of "left field". Understanding the behavior based nature of the interview, and the type of job I was applying for, I encountered nothing that was unexpected on my end.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – In claims, there is no negotiation. At least that was my former manager's method of operation. He was very fair with the starting salary though. Even so, I found USAA to be very inconsistent with the use of relocation packages.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Claims Adjuster
Tampa, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at USAA in April 2010.

Interview Details – Went very well, panel of 2 managers for the face to face. Was called a few weeks later.

Financial Foundations Senior Specialist Interview

Financial Foundations Senior Specialist
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at USAA in February 2010.

Interview Details – Strait forward, two people, one asks questions while the other types

Interview Question – Try to explain in a story something that you did which made a difference to the bottom line of your former employer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. 30 people are hired at a time in a group setting. Take the offer or leave it.

Financial Advisor III Interview

Financial Advisor III
Tampa, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at USAA in April 2011.

Interview Details – 1-Phone Interview, pretty standard going over resume.
2-Test to test your skills on the phone, mainly customer services, computer accuracy, and typing
3- face to face interview

Interview Question – Why would you rather work here than any other company you could apply for a job at?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Mortgage Closer III Interview

Mortgage Closer III
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at USAA in September 2012.

Interview Details – I filled out an online application. Within a week I was emailed to take the online assessment. The assessment involved basic mathmatical questions(Maps, word problems,etc). Once passed a recruiter emailed for a phone interview.

The phone interview was informative and related to job duties, previous job responsibilities, and one behavioral question.

I was offered to do an in person interview on the phone and set it up the next week.

The in person interview was laid back and very typical. Lots of behavioral questions were asked as well as questions to see how much I already knew about USAA.

Interview Question – "Give me a time you had to make a difficult decision and what was the result?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It wasn't negotiable. It was an accept or decline email. The offer was more than fair.

Very Easy Interview

Claims Adjuster II Interview

Claims Adjuster II
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at USAA in September 2012.

Interview Details – I recieved a call from HR recruiter about 3 days after applying online and setup a phone interview to go over my resume. I recieved another called 2 days later from same recruiter to setup a face to face interview in the office. I met with 2 managers and they could not have been nicer or more relaxed. I was asked 5 simple behavior questions and 10 technical questions.

Interview Question – I was surprised how easy the questions and interview was. The managers seemed to want to know you and your personality more so than how you answered a question. However it was important to know the technical questions which were simple claims questions regarding coverages, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They increased their initial offer by $3k after I requested more money. They would not give a moving package.

Worked for USAA? Contribute to the Community!